main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL SW collecting new & old

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediLars, Dec 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I am all up to date. In fact, I just got my Rebel pilots today that I had to get off eBay. :( Nice though. But of the new waves, I have 'em all. Plo Kloon is really nice. K3PO is just TC-14 molded in white. Mon Calamari officer is a remold of Ackbar, different paint job. IG-88 is really nice! But Target is the best so far. Though I do have a Calamari & K3PO hidden at a WalMart in Morris. :)

2. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Yoda Furby is available for $15 at Mejier. While it's not as low as amazon ($10) you don't have to pay shipping. :)

3. BoB

BoB Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    I'm trying to avoid all toy stores. Last time I went into TRU to get a baby gift for a friend I ended up spending way to much money. I didn't even make it to the SW isle I just filled up a shopping cart with the stuff on the clearance area.

4. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    LOL.

Bob, I understand what you're saying. Thank goodness down in the St. Louis forum there aren't a bunch of people posting on what they have and haven't found at the various stores in the area. I too have found it perilous to shop for my friends' children. Oh, I accomplish my errand. It's the EXTRAS that kick my butt (and my wallet). And I do not even consider myself a serious collector of SW toys or anything. That's just for fun. Now my SW book collection, that's serious. But I can't even go to Walmart to buy toilet paper without worrying that I'll walk out with some SW stuff that was "such a great deal I just COULDN'T pass it up".

Hi. My name is Stephanie, and I'm a Star Wars toy addict. ;)

5. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Welcome to the SW Collecters A.A., member since 1977.

JediLars :p

6. NOT_JediJeff

NOT_JediJeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2000
    Nope - no SW toy addiction here. Not at all.

Now keep your damn hands off that biker scout and boomer damaged battle droid and slowly step back!!!!

7. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    The Wal-Mart on Barrington Rd and Irving Park Rd in Streamwood had a tons of new Obi Wans,Dagobah Darth,a few Ig-88's and Coruscant guards.It also pays to have my mom live in Missouri to scour the Wal-Marts down there.The SW toys gather dust on those shelves.Anyone see any 12" IG-88's anywhere??Email me at jodokast74@home.com.
    Thanks

8. BoB

BoB Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Actually now all I want id Jeb Porkins, it'll look great next to gonk for my minor characters taht I constantly bring up in jokes.

9. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Where in MO does your mom live JK? I live in St. Louis, and there's no dust-gathering happenin' here! Walk into any store, find the SW stuff and all you see is empty pegs and empty shelf space, plus like 1,000 of whatever fig it is that they got too many of.

If anyone sees any of the Micro Machines collections of just the little men, I need bunches of those. The only ones I don't need are the Rebel Pilots, I've got plenty of Rebel Pilots. But I need all the rest, like Jawas, Sand People, Stormtroopers, etc.

10. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    My mom lives in Willow Springs,MO.Its near Springfield,about an hour or so away.Trust me,the dust gets thick on those foigures down there.

11. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Target Alert!
    If anyone cares, the 12inch Kadu with Captain Tarplas is on clearance, instead of $59.99 is $41.90.

12. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Hey, Stardreamer!!!!

Where are those Micro Men? In the middle of a long layover in "Gathered Together But Still Need To Be Packaged, Addressed, And Stamped"?

13. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    For those who haven't heard yet the B-wing and Tie-intercepter will be coming to a store near you. Also Wal-mart has the POTJ for $5.80 vs. 6.90 at TRU or Target.

JediLars

14. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Thanks to the folks at rebalscum.com here is the number for the B-wing when it starts showing up in Target.
    DPCI# 087-06-1954 The price listed is around $49.99

Has anyone seen the Lando wave yet?

JediLars

15. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    For those looking for the 300th Boba Fett, I spotted about a half dozen at Meijer on Route 59 for $12.99. It's with the Cloud City Background. They also had the Darth Maul ObiWan two pack, but no pricing. I took one of each and put them behind the BeastWars Mega Cheetor on the top shelf, so hopefully anyone that's desperate for these will be able to score this.

16. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Back again. You might have read about this @ rebelscum.com. Best Buy has all of the new LucasArts Archives on sale. Instead of $14.99, it's $12.99. Plus, buy two and the thrid is free! No rebate, no coupon. They just hand the third over. Titles include Force Commander, Dark Forces 2, X-Wing Allinace, Indiana Jones, Escape From Monkey Island, and three more I can't remember :)

17. ScoobyDew

ScoobyDew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2000
    Remember when we were talking about how cool it'd be to have a Star Wars card set that would include autographs? Well, Topps is doing it! Check this out:
    http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2001/05/news20010518.html

One auto per box!

You can bet I'll be picking at least one of these babies up!

18. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I was at K-Bee Toy's yesterday and they were having a sale on all Star Wars stuff. Buy one get one free on most all of it. I picked up some cool stuff. Check it out.

19. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Just wanted to see if any of you out there would happen to have an extra swimming Jar Jar I could buy off from you. Last figure I need to finish my collection of EP1 figures. Having a tuff time find one at TRU.
    Just email me if you do!!

Thanks

JediLars

20. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Well I thought I would let you collectors know before scalpers try to get them and sell them on ebay for ungodly prices. Go to your local Target and check at the service counter using the target item code #087061954 for any B-Wings in back. I pick up two in the Lombard Target last Saturday. They are supposed to be on the shelves by Aug 5th.

JediLars

21. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    B-wings... yum.

OK, I was never too big into the collecting aspect of fandom, so I need a little help here. I'm looking for a site that lists the rare SW collectibles, both new and old. Not rare like the holographic R2 was for a while, but rare like the original European Yak-faces, first printings of the Howard Chaykin SW poster, or the gold Vader "test" carrying cases.

The kind of stuff you don't usually see on eBay because anyone smart enough to get hold of this kind of stuff is smart enough to never ever sell it. Any ideas?

-Le Penguin
    "Shouldn't Snaggletooth be shorter?"

22. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
  23. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    B-Wings spotted at the Route 59 Target today!

Happy hunting.

24. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    IT seems that Target has decided not to short ship the B-wings. I have seen quite a few at every Target I have been too.

Jedilars

25. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Just to let you all know, the SW fan club store has exclusive 3 1/2" cantina band member figures with instraments. Nice figures to add to your collection..

JediLars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.