main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Infinities #3 (Spoilers!!!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Pipes, Sep 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    At long last, after a two month delay the newest issue of Infinities has come out. Woo-hoo! :)

Here's a summary. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't scroll down.
    It takes place five years after the fall of the Rebellion on Ord Mantell. Han and Chewie watched as Coruscant news service reports the formation of the Imperial Senate once more. Leia is named the new senator for Coruscant. She says that she can never forgive herself for joining the Rebellion but the Empire has. Han is pissed and trashes a monitor. This draws the attention of everyone in the cantina, especially because he still has a price on his head. They escape and head to Dagobah.

Luke has learned greater control with his years under Yoda. He's now switched to the ROTJ uniform. With his training complete, he heads for the cave. He avoids Vader striking him down only to be flooded with visions of people in one panel. He sees Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Shmi, Anakin, Darth Maul, Leia, Vader, and the Emperor.

Han interrupts, ending the vision. He tells Luke what has been going on. It is then that Yoda reveals to him the truth about Vader. Luke is shocked though he's not surprised when he learns Leia is his sister from Obi-Wan. He still doesn't know quite what to do but he agrees to allow Han to take him to Coruscant. Yoda too, tells them that he is coming with them.

Leia and Vader watch the celebrations continue. The Emperor may be getting weaker but he tells Vader he is impressed by Leia's ambition. Vader tells Palpatine he senses a disturbance in the Force. Luke, Han, Chewie, and Yoda all are on their way to Coruscant as the story ends.

Can't wait for the conclusion.

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    FINALLY!!!!!

I guess I'm on my way there momentairly. :D

~*~Bria

3. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    The only one I'm still looking for is SW Tales #9. Is that out yet? If it is I haven't found it.

4. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Jedi vs. Sith # 6 came out today as well... I'm still taking all of it in...

5. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Are there any hints Han and Leia might end up together in it? I hope they do.. :)

6. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    the infinie series are cool they never disopoint.

7. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Not too much happens in this one. Build up towards a big battle it looks like. I did like Yoda's line at the end.

8. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I thought this was the best issue so far! I think it's ironic how Han can't stand Obi-wan and yet seems to like Yoda. The sense of adventure is really in this series, and I can't believe I was skeptical about it at first. Terrific!

9. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Hmm, actually is sounding interesting!

10. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    yoda more like han in some ways, obi wan is more like luke.

11. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    This was actually a pretty good issue.

My only complaint - 5 years? WTF?!? I guess we won't be seeing an Infinities - ESB or Infinities - ROTJ any time soon :(

12. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    5 years? It jumps foward 5 years?

Hmm, that dosn't mean we won't see Infinities TESB or RotJ. It just means the story will be normal up to that point in the story and will deviate there.

13. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Anyone who wants to spoil Jedi vs Sith 6 go ahead :)

14. skawookiee

Feb 12, 2000
    Mace, check out my thread if you want J vs S #6 spoiled for you.

15. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    I agree that there can still be Infinities for ESB and ROTJ. Picture it: Bespin... Vader and Luke dueling. Luke learns the truth and Vader makes an offer.... And Luke ACCEPTS IT! Or, while escaping Bespin, with Luke, Leia, Lando, et al aboard, Artoo can't fix the hyperdrive and they are captured by the Empire.

Or this:

The Battle of Endor. Luke lashes out at Vader, and actually kills him, and joins Palpatine. Or he teams with Vader and lashes out at Palpatine.

Or the Sheild Generator is never destroyed, or it is destroyed, and the Death Star survives anyways, and blows up Endor.

The possibilities are, dare I say it... Infinite.

16. skawookiee

Feb 12, 2000
    I was rereading the issue just now and one thing struck me. It seems almost like this is how Star Wars should be. Think about it. Luke completes his training and becomes a real Jedi. We're talking old school. He makes the right decision at the cave. He learns about his father when he is ready to handle it, and told to him by someone he trusts, and does not have to worry about whether it's true or not. Yoda goes on the mission with them to Coruscant instead of just sitting around on Dagobah. Han is still in full swing smuggling business. The Empire is stronger than ever, and our 4 heroes really are the Galaxy's last hope! It's exciting, retains the feel of the films, and things are done correctly instead of all dysfunctionally like in the movies. Sure, Leia's evil, but at least Han's not whooped by a woman anymore. :p (Ducks flames from feminists on the board) Kidding! The more times I read this issue, the better it looks to me.

17. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Oooooh!!!!! I'm definitely looking forward to this one! :)

18. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I didn't expect this many replies. Wow!

Getting back on whether there is anything with Han and Leia, obviously they don't appear together. But one of the reasons Han is agreeing to bring Luke to Coruscant is for Leia.

The five years part surprised me to. But then again, the Rebellion has been defeated. There's no reason for a battle of Hoth or Endor.

I liked Yoda's line about Han owing him for the food he's consumed. That was his "excuse" to get a ride from him. It's great to see Yoda flying into the heart of the Empire with Luke, Han, and Chewie.

They had the cover art for the final issue. Anyone notice that? Very, very interesting stuff.

I agree with one of the posters before, this very much has a feel of the way the original trilogy is. Take Han. He is perfectly in character with his wise-cracking. All the characters are done well.

19. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  20. leif

leif Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 1999
    did anyone else notice the Death Star is now called the Justice Star....bahahaha

the artwork of the parade was nice....very imperial. anyone else think Yoda went along to combat Palpatine himself.

21. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Hey Darth Pikachuwbacca (stupid name, by the way), you want to see what might have happpened if Luke accepted Vader's statement in ESB. Go to http://www.swrpgnetwork.com. Click on stats, then Era, then Infinities. Read the files listed there. I think you'll be pleased.

22. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Yeah, it certainly looks like Yoda wants a piece of Palpy.

23. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Oh my God! This comic rocks! Everyone is totally cool. Palps, Vader, Leia, Luke, Han, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Chewie! Very neat comic. A new breath of air for Star Wars. I like!

Can't wait for the next issue. Ohh, I feel like I'm gonna spill something. I think I'm shaking. :D

24. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Did you see the might of the Empire!!??

They have 11 super star destroyers above Imperial Center! Wow!

This was the best issue yet. I can't wait for the last one.

Jedi vs Sith was also awesome. Very, very good comics this week!

25. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Accually, its 13 SDDs. :D

This issue had some really cool large panels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.