main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Meets Fantasy Earth

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Jun 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm working a A LOT of posts tonight, so there'll be more than 1 tomorrow. I'll be gone part of the day (scheduled waterballoon fight at the town park to fight the heat), but I will try and have this story finished by the time I leave next week!!!

2. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    It's almost done? =( I'm always sad when good stories end.

I love water balloon fights, though! They rock! And I'm looking forward to multiple posts tomorrow.

This spider thing is skillful Obi-torture. Ew. I really don't like spiders. Or maggots. They remind me of other books I like to read. And the spiders remind my of Aragon or whatever that man-eating spider's name was in Harry Potter #2. Ick.

Qui-Gon better come to the rescue soon!

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Yes, the Obi-torture was both skillful and excellent! I wish you could post more soon, but I will try to wait patiently.

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000

The drug?s effects began to wear off. Obi-Wan?s scream died off long before the other prisoner?s were so fortunate. He listened in the dark to the echoing shrieks, shivering in his cold sweat. Part of him had known it was only the potion?s effects, but his brain had been so stimulated and frantic that he had lost control and given in. The nightmares that had attacked him retreated to their dark corners, still lurking in about, waiting for his guard to drop.

Obi-Wan had endured countless punishments before, but somehow pain was more appealing than nearly losing your mind. At least when he was in pain, he was conscious of it and understood what was going on. The hallucinations had overpowered him and nearly driven him mad. It frightened him to know he could be so easily controlled.

Even as he lay in his sweat and knew that there was no enormous spider or predator waiting for him, the very notion of escaping and wandering the dark passages frightened him and kept him at bay. Obi-Wan figured that if he worked hard enough, he would be able to break the iron manacles and bench, but at the moment, he was content to stay in the dark and listen to the far off screams.

The maiden would return, and perhaps then he could escape. And find Karigan.

@ @ @
    @ @ @

Karigan had never felt so helpless. She watched as Amilton strangled another failed servant with his forefinger and thumb. Every time he used his powers, she felt it course through her blood. The hot, searing power and following cold kept her fear quite well in place. She had wanted to lash out at him, and had once. The lord had been thrown against the stone. He had not been angry, but extremely pleased by her lack of control.

His encouragement kept her from trying it again.

Amilton smiled and turned from the collapsed body and sauntered over to her. ?Are you hungry, Princess? Perhaps I can have something ordered from the kitchen??

Karigan scowled at him. ?Why should I obey you? You are not King.?

He traced her face, another cruel smile spreading across his thin lips. ?But, Princess, I ^am^ King. Your father is dead.?

?Prove it.?

Amilton smiled again. ?As you wish.?

He turned towards Captain Malowe. ?Captain, retrieve Andres from the dungeons and bring him before me. Our dear Princess has just sentenced him to death.?

Karigan?s scream of fury echoed off the stone. Dark power coursed through her, building up from her anger. She unleashed it, flinging Amilton to the ground, the guard falling back, and freeing her from her restraints. She stood before Amilton, eyes blazing, air crackling. She wanted to kill him, to hurt him, to prevent her father?s death.

Amilton smiled at her, then raised his hand, fingers splayed. Blue lightning shot out of his hands, snaking around her. Karigan screamed in agony and collapsed to the floor, writhing and trembling. Amilton rose and stood over her. ?You are learning, Princess. But it is not your Master you must attack. That is lesson number one.?

He kissed her forehead and Karigan whimpered, wishing she knew what had happened to Obi-Wan. He was perhaps her only hope for escape.

5. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    OK, I've just found this thread and I want more posts! MORE MORE MORE!

Can't believe the FOrce lead me here just as it was getting exciting.... *sigh*

6. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Very good this is.

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'll probably post tonight.

8. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    POst! POst! POst! I wanna see the ending!!!

Post or.. or.. or.. I'll pout!

9. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    I'd pout, except my mouth is dropped oven from suspense. You're keeping us hanging on the cliff in both your stories now. Though I'll forgive you since I enjoyed the USJS posts tonight so much. =)

Here's hoping that we get more soon!

10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Sorry about that! I just had so much to do last night, and now I have to do a lot of writing today and tomorrow!!

Lnora contained her gasp as she overheard the command. She dropped her buckets and raced for Karigan?s chambers. No guards were patrolling the wing. She raced in and reached under the princess? bed, finding the hidden sword there. Then she drew it out and tucked it under her skirts, fastening her garter straps to secure it to her leg. Her hands were trembling, but she did not stop to think what she was doing was dangerous. She had no time to wait for the tall man and women for help. Her King was in danger, and she knew someone who might be able to help.

Lnora hurried down the passages, taking the shortest route possible to the dungeons. She had no idea where the King was being held, but it was best to wait for Amilton to present him. If only Karigan could hold on . . .

The maiden grabbed up a bucket sitting outside the latrines. It stunk of human waste, but she needed a cover. Then she hurried down to the dungeons, forcing herself to walk as the gate came into view. The burly guard was there, the one torch flickering across his hairy and repulsive belly.

?Orders from Amilton,? Lnora said, striding up to the guard. ?I am to deliver this to one of the prisoners.?

The man shrugged and lit a second torch and handed it to her, gave her the set of keys, and opened the door for her. Lnora quickly went inside, remembering her last experience down there. Her stomach twisted and she tried not to heave as the stench mixed with the waste in her bucket. She ignored the groaning men around her and hurried towards the private cells. She prayed Obi-Wan?s poison had worn off so he could fight his way out.

She just hoped he knew how to use a sword.

The gate screeched open, and Lnora shined her torch around the cell. Her heart sank. She had been foolish. How could she possibly save him from the bench?

?Obi-Wan?? she whispered.

There was a groan, then a sigh. ?Already??

?No, I?ve come to free you,? Lnora said, setting the bucket down. ?They are about to execute the King. We must hurry. I would have waited until the Tall Man came again tonight, but??

?Qui-Gon,? Obi-Wan said. In the light, she could see his eyes gleam. ?Do you have a plan??

?I did,? Lnora said. ?But it has been ruined. But?? she lifted her skirt and freed the sword. ?We only have to get past one guard and somehow free you from the block.?

?I understand. Please step away.?

Lnora obeyed, shining the torch over him. The chest wound was barely noticeable, the scar flashy silver in the light of the torch. She frowned as she suddenly saw him strain against the iron, muscles going taunt, veins pulsing with the effort. How could he possibly expect to free himself? ?Sir?? she started to say, stepping nearer.

?Stay back,? Obi-Wan gasped. He reached out to the Force, bringing all of his strength and focus to bear on the iron shackles. They strained and bent, but not enough. He needed more strength. Hesitating for a moment, then pushing ahead, Obi-Wan drew life from the maiden, arising a startled gasp as her strength was sapped. He was careful not to draw too much. The shackles bent and he tugged his wrists through. The Force continued to pulse through him, throbbing and filling the chamber. Obi-Wan reached out, giving up on finesse and sending it crashing down.

The block split, the irons fell away. Obi-Wan collapsed with the block, feeling the wood stab into his back. Drained, he lay there for a moment, letting the pain wash over him. Then he heard Lnora?s gasp of astonishment and fatigue as he released his hold from her. He made note to apologize later. He let his strength return, realizing it would be even more of a strain to use the Force anytime soon. It surprised him how strong his prison had been. Perhaps the poison had effected his use of the Force as well.

He paused and sent along his bond with Qui-Gon that perhaps now was the time

11. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Here is a LONG post. There will be one more post after this.

?Something?s up,? Qui-Gon muttered as he followed Anel?de back into the courtyard.

The Jedi woman nodded. ?There isn?t much time. Perhaps we should forget about our friend and invite ourselves in.?

?I like the way you think,? Qui-Gon smiled grimly.

@ @ @
    @ @ @

Helpless and enraged, Karigan watched as the guards dragged her father into the throne room. He was shackled and beaten, tired and worn. Their eyes met and she pleaded silently for his forgiveness. The King looked upon her with grieving eyes. ?My Kari,? he whispered, stretching a hand out to her.

The bones were promptly crushed. Amilton laughed as both the King and Princess cried out. He felt another angry surge come over her, and directed her power to himself, soaking up the tingling ripples and feeling himself grow stronger while she weakened. Andres? crumpled hand hung limply from his wrist, the almond eyes of the King burning with anger and hatred. And betrayal.

?Ah, Your Highness!? Amilton greeted cheerfully. ?I believe your only daughter has something she would like to share with you.? He turned and stepped beside Karigan, whose hands were bound behind her back. ?Now, my sweet, what was your father?s fate? Come now, share with us all!?

Karigan did not look at Amilton, could not bear to see the evil mirth in his handsome face. She only looked at her father, silently pleading for him to forgive her.

?No? Well, I will tell him then.? Amilton turned back to the King. ?You see, Andres, your beloved daughter has sentenced you to death. And I must obey her command.?

He splayed his hands, the blue lightning beginning to sizzle and crackle at the tips.

?Forgive me, father!? Karigan wept, her green eyes blazing. The first bolt laced around the crumpled King. The howl of pain burned in her ears. ?Stop it!? she screamed, straining against her restraints. ?Stop it, please!?

Amilton paused and smiled. ?Then consent to our marriage and my reign, Princess. And your father will be saved. We are the most powerful beings of the world. It is only our destiny.?

?No, Kari,? Andres whispered, his voice strained and weak. ?Do not . . . give in.?

?Yes, Father,? Karigan said, turning her eyes to Amilton. ?No!?

?Then you father will die.?

The King?s screams and Karigan?s begging echoed far down the palace halls.

@ @ @
    @ @ @

?I want you to find a safe place, and stay there,? Obi-Wan said quietly, stepping over the unconscious bodies of the three guards stationed outside the throne room. ?You have done your fair share.?

Lnora nodded. ?I will summon the one you call Qui-Gon. I am to meet him soon.?

?Good, that would be immense help,? Obi-Wan said. ?Thank you.?

Lnora was about to reply, but he was already moving with into the room.

Obi-Wan stayed in the shadows, reaching out to the Force. His reserves were low and he was exhausted. The drug had kept him from securing the Force, and only now was he able to gain full use of his mind and body. He focused on staying hidden and working towards the dark man whom was bringing the screams from the King and Karigan. He did not look towards the blue lightning, did not acknowledge the darkness of the room. He would have to be careful.

Then suddenly, everything stopped. For the split of a second, the world was a complete stand-still. Then Karigan exploded. The Force swirled in a maddening cyclone. The dark side user laughed and absorbed the strength of the dark side, draining Karigan even further. Obi-Wan brought his shields up, but it was too late. Amilton had found him.

Exposed, Obi-Wan through away caution and plan. There was simply no time. The Force sang to him, light converging with dark, good fighting evil. Obi-Wan gripped the hilt of his sword. He was far more powerful in the Force than Amilton, and trained, but the dark side was not to be trifled with, especially when it ran wild and uncontrolled through this man. If his lig

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Epilogue

The sun glittered down over the white stones and green fields of G?ladheon. It was hard to imagine for any outsider that only a week ago the people had been strangled in evil and that someone from off-world had saved them. Some had already begun to forget the brief moments of darkness, busy praising their new Queen and busy worrying about their hard lives.

Karigan looked down from the stone tower of her castle. It was still taking her time to get used to her life as Queen, and she stilled mourned her father?s death. Down in the courtyard, two men, strangers to this land, were preparing to leave. Their horses were saddled, laden with supplies for their journey north. She smiled and turned from the window. The young Queen descended the tower, emerging from the palace and into the courtyard.

The feisty mare Obi-Wan had been so fond of suddenly snaked her head around and nipped at what she would consider his flanks. The young man?s hand swatted out, deflecting the nip. The mare snorted and shook her head, a look of bafflement and stern concentration in her eyes. Karigan laughed, her voice carrying to the men.

Obi-Wan looked up from the saddlebag he was securing, and smiled. ?Your Highness,? he said, bowing his head in respect. It was still odd to find Karigan wearing the flowing purple gown and golden crown of sovereign. The bruises had faded, and her green eyes blazed with life. Her wild, golden mane was pulled back only mildly, still allowing it to fall behind her back in beautiful waves.

?You still will not consider my offer?? Karigan asked. She had offered Obi-Wan to be King, to marry her and help lead G?ladheon. The young man had turned down the offer, saying it was nothing against her, but that he was needed elsewhere. He was leaving, after taking almost a week to heal from his injuries.

Obi-Wan shook his head, a smile softening the refusal. ?You know I cannot.?

?The Force, I know,? Karigan sighed. ?I suppose I will have to settle for someone else with less humor and bravery.?

?I guess so,? Obi-Wan teased, tightening Bluebird?s girth.

?Anel?de will be good guidance,? Karigan said, wanting to change the subject. If she did have to wed, Obi-Wan was probably the only suitor she wouldn?t wind up throwing out the door. ?She can teach me to control my powers.? The woman had agreed to stay as Karigan?s advisor, after the man Qui-Gon Jinn had insisted and explained that Karigan must learn to accept her powers.

?You will learn a lot,? Obi-Wan said. ?And you will be stronger for it.?

Qui-Gon mounted his horse and nodded to Obi-Wan.

The Jedi Knight turned back to Karigan. ?It was a pleasure, Your Highness,? Obi-Wan said. ?You will make a wonderful Queen.?

?Thank you, Obi-Wan Kenobi,? Karigan said. She took his hand and kissed his cheek. ?For everything.?

Obi-Wan smiled again, then lifted her hand and kissed it. ?All in a day?s work, Your Majesty.? Then he mounted Bluebird, winking as Karigan laughed and slapped the mare?s flank.

Karigan waved and watched as the two men rode out of the castle. She followed them to the bridge, then watched them ride off. Then she turned away, praying she would be a good Queen.

Wow, I did a story without romance! :p Thoughts??

13. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Whoa!!! That was such an incredibly awesome ending...! I'm (almost) speechless. And I think it was very fitting to have Karigan kill the bad guy rather than Obi - - hey, Obi gets to kill Maulie and get his spotlight then!

Oh, I think I detected small signs of romance there...but it didn't dominate the plot, which could be good. Though I'm a hopeless romantic so I wouldn't have any protests to that. =)

And I liked the epilogue ~ very fitting to have the hero riding off into the sunset. =D

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Oh, I know you are, JMMJ!! :) Thank you! I'm in such a good mood because I have some awesome posts for Embers tomorrow. I went all gun-ho today after I was able to move from the couch (don't you hate *that time*?) They say your mind gets extremely motivated and you want to clean house--I clean my mind of a story!! :p

Oh, yes, my quote IS from "The Princess Bride" I watched it yesterday and everyone's PMing me and asking if it is!! :cool:

15. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Bravo! Another excellent story under your belt. I love romance in stories, but sometimes it's necessary for a story to stick to the business at hand.

Thanks for taking time to write it!

16. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Excellent story! Adventure doesn't always have to have romance in it, no. I think it was good just the way it was. And I liked the fact that Karigan got to give her arch-enemy the chop, and that Anel'de will stay with her to help guide her and teach her about the Force. Good thinking all around!

17. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
  18. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
  19. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Thank you everyone!!! :-D I had a wonderful morning. Got up at 7:50 and went jogging with the dog on the backroads by our house, then had a wonderful breakfast of an apple and carmel!! So I'm in good spirits right now!!

I GET TO STAY THE WEEK!!!!!

20. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I just finished reading the last two pages.

Amidolee, that was awesome! Your Obi-torture with the spider will give me nightmares. Yuk!!!

I loved how Amilton used Kari's powers and how she delivered the death blow. Too bad Obi-Wan wasn't able to stay, they would've been great together.

21. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    So nice to be back and read the rest of your story Amidolee!

While writing romance is a great talent of yours, you write wonderfully without it as well!
    Awesome story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.