main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Sword of the Jedi by Christie Golden

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    pls no
    haven't we had enough of that in the EU?

2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    The GFFA is full of kid snatchers, isn't it?

3. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    I"m still trying to hold out hope that this will tie in to the Sequel Trilogy somehow and that Apocalypse was changed to collaborate with the ST. Maybe they'll use this trilogy to finish of the Lost Tribe of the Sith in advance of the ST or something similar. Clean up house before the new films.

4. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    I'd like to see Jaina taking on an apprentice. Allana would be fine given it would help the SkySolos do more interaction outside of their designated duos and trios, but also a new character would be great because we're in dire need of them and the Skywalker family training has become so...nepotistic. It was fine in the NJO when there were maybe 200 Jedi total or something and so of course it makes sense that in resurrecting the Order, Luke's going to want to take a personal hand in the training of his nieces and nephews, particularly when, at that time, he thinks they may be the totality of the future Skywalker line. But now there's like...infrastructure and stuff and we need to see more situations like the LEGACY comic when Cade's trained by Sazen and Kol is training Shado.

Let Leia train Allana to keep the generational connection thing ongoing (cus Leia needs to start acting like a Jedi too, but it also makes some amount of sense as an apprentice placement, even with the nepotism, because Leia understands the inescapable royalty aspect of Allana's future too), and give Jaina a new character as an apprentice.

Hell, it'd work for Tahiri too, since I agree that giving her yet another storyline about romance is probably a bad idea, but I'm very glad that - pretty much alone out of the non SkySolos (unless Zekk makes a serious return from Hapes) - she seems to have survived the post-NJO period as a character who's actually dynamic and viable going forward on her own terms. You know, if they don't kriff it up.

Yup, that's my absurdly specific hope! Apprentices for everyone! Jaina gets a brand new character - someone who's maybe 14 - 17. Leia starts actively training Allana and Tahiri should start training a character who we're peripherally aware of, or has ties to a character or storyline we already know, and who's much younger, say...8 - 10. Maybe Doran Tainer's kid or a Vong child born since the end of the war who's shockingly demonstrated Force-sensitivity, or use it to bring in the Ti family again. I dunno. Someone...

Gamiel and cthugha like this.
  5. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I doubt the SkySol family would want Tahiri training Allana after everything that happened with Jacen.

6. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Jaina trains a nautolan male apprentice
    Tahiri trains a twi lek Jedi apprentice
    Lowie needs to appear...

7. max-attac

max-attac Jedi Knight star 1

May 23, 2009
    There already had tons of Nautolan and Twi'lek Jedi, a rarer species will be a little more funky and cool, why not a Sluissi or a Gormack apprentice ...

Or maybe a member of Yoda's species : "Every two hundred years my people choose one of us to leave the planet and join the Jedi Order...... he is the chosen one ....." this would be an opportunity to learn a little more about this mysterious species since Lucas and his veto had disappeared.

8. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Well, there was other stuff coming out along with the upcoming ROTS. Also, there was the knowledge that The DNT was if fact going to come out sometime. The same cannot be said about SOTJ.

9. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm sure it'll come out.

10. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Name one Nautolan Jedi in the NJO...

11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Unidentified Nautolan youngling (Ossus)

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So we have to wait until 2014 for this to come out? I hope not.

Team Padme likes this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I've been thinking about it, and I'm guessing they'll release the "Rebel" books to tide us over until SOTJ, as well as Crucible, of course.

14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Ugh. Still dubious about Crucible until we get more info. When are the Rebel books supposed to come out? Anymore info on them? Or are we at an empasse just like everything else?

15. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't think they've said the release dates for the Rebel Books.

Crucible is due out in July of 2013, just 7 more months. And they did say it's coming out in 2014. Hopefully they'll push this back to December 2013 or something.

16. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Crucible is coming out. As is The Last Jedi and the Dawn of the Jedi. As for anything after that? It's anyone's guess.

17. Zorkel567

Jan 20, 2010
    Crucible, at least, should be coming out since there was a preview released in Scoundrels.

18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I meant about the book itself. I know its coming but I'm dubious about the book itself. Will it be good or bad?

19. Zorkel567

Jan 20, 2010
    It's Denning, what do you think?

Team Padme likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Star By Star, Inferno, and Tatooine Ghost were great. The others were decent to down right bad. So we shall see.

21. Something_Exile

Something_Exile Jedi Master

Nov 23, 2012
    If only he had a name then it would count ;)

22. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Lol.

Yeah, I have a bad feeling the book will be bad. Tempest and Inferno were atrocious. Inferno had so much potential but it was rushed and sloppy. The Battle of Kashyyyk could've defiantly been longer.

I must give Denning props though for Allana, he writes her the best.

23. family_business

family_business Jedi Knight

Jun 22, 2006
    Wonder if we'll see a pregnant Jaina Solo in this trilogy? At some point, they're going to need to recon the Fel Empire and Ania Solo lineage.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    We don't know where Ania Solo comes from yet. But it's already 99% confirmed that Roan Fel and Marasiah are descended from Jaina. So she could be a cousin, or descended from Allana.

Still, no rush for Jaina to become pregnant. She just (finally) got married! Let her have an adventure as a married woman. Married women shouldn't be obligated to become pregnant immediately.

And please people, stop misusing the word "retcon"!!

25. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    If Jaina had kids though would they be...

________ Solo-Fel

Or just....

_________ Fel

?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.