main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Des Moi, IA SWRPG GAME

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by buellsmith, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buellsmith

buellsmith Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2009
    How much fun was tonights game !! i am still smiling.

thanks so much to everyone. !!

cant wait till next time

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Despite my head issues it was an awesome night. What a final battle...

I'm feeling mostly normal today, thanks for being considerate with the noise :)

3. buellsmith

Jun 20, 2009
    next time you feel sick..we cancel... please... but its good to know your feeling better :) Get lots of rest.

4. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    So, the final battle play-by-play, for those who would rather enjoy the company of Zeltron slaves instead, went something like this:
    we were at Darga the Hutt's fortress on Cato Niemoidia. He has an arena built below the back of his dais. His best group of 5 were fighting a bunch of battle droids gladiator-style and winning handily. That's when those silly Force users were asked if they wanted to prove their mettle. They politely obliged.

Battle begins with Darga's chumps on one end, our 3 jedi wannabe's on the other side. (Jara and Jzora were enjoying, and I use that term very loosely, the company of Darga on the viewing level.) Kon-el wins init. He surges, then uses Force Blast to knock all 5 of Darga's chumps prone. They all take 13 damage. Next the chumps get up, the Gamorreans base Kon-el, the Rodian shoots at him, hits, Kon-el deflects. Droid misses his shot. Then Rain runs up, Force Grips the closest Gamorrean. He take another 13 damage. Then Kayla surges and attacks the wounded Gamorrean. He takes another 13 damage. At the end of round 1, Darga's best 5 chumps have taken 91 damage, our heroes, 0.
    Round 2, now it's Kon-el's turn again. He uses Move Object on Gamorrean who hasn't been hurt badly yet, and throws him into the other Gamorrean who has been hurt lightly. They both take 26 damage. Next it's Chumps turn. I think Rodian shot again, also Deflected, then the battle Droid decides to lob a grenade into the fray. Bad idea. Kayla captures the Grenade in mid-air and throws it back at the Rodian and the Battle Droid. It explodes, doing 4d6+3 damage. Kayla rolls the 4d6's. Total score: 27. Yes, she did the statistical improbability (1 in 1296 chance) and rolled 4 6's. Rodian and Battle Droid both take 27 more damage. At that point, Darga calls a stop to the battle. The totals at the end of round 2, Darga's best 5 chumps have taken 197 damage (2 of 40 and 3 of 39), our heroes, 0.
    That, my friends, was amazing. :)

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Hey, I wasn't canceling the only RPG date we could agree when I can't play again for nearly a month! A little thing like morphine shots can't keep me down :p Seriously though, by the time RPG-time rolled around I was mostly better and I wanted to play. Had I still felt like death, we'd have canceled.

6. buellsmith

Jun 20, 2009
    the last battle was amazing... good job all. and ty for the magazine :)

i am writing a synopsis of the adventure for next time, while its fresh in my head.

7. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    And in the RPG forums there is a humor thread that I took this from:

"You don't need to make a Forgery check on his identification. These aren't the droids you've been making Spot checks for. He can make his Pilot check. Take your move action."

Love that one. :)

8. unihawk

unihawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2004
    That will never happen again I'm sure, with my luck with dice it could have just as easily been 4 1's.

9. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    Just so we all know, John, our friend from St Louis, is coming into town Nov 13th-16th. So, we are planning on doing the RPG on Saturday the 14th. Where still has yet to be determined, as far as I know. We can host again if all wish, or whoever it doesn't matter to us.

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm working up making the RPG/Minis forum better, more exciting, updating it etc. Any suggestions or feedback would be great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.