main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL SWW June 11-12

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by darth-blaze, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    1.Who is going?
    2.Where are they staying?
    3.When are you leaving from JAXS?
    4.Anybody needs a roommate?

Answer this questions if possible.
    I'm going
    Don't know yet, still working on it
    heading down friday (10 June) afternoon
    I'm homeless right now.

here is the info strait from the 501st website:
    http://www.fl501st.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4525

2. jedi_rogue_88

jedi_rogue_88 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    i'm going on june 11th. if i see any body i recognize, i'll be sure to say 'hey'. i also had the chance to go to the star wars weekends on may 20th of this year, and i had a great time. the anakin is just too real... and so is their shaak ti. having your picture taken with them is a must! have fun!

3. PHATJEDI67

PHATJEDI67 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    Guys, I was there the weekend of June 3-5 and I gotta tell you, it was H-O-T ........I'm talking Mustafar hot. So, pack yourselves plenty of sunscreen and water. Enjoy yourselves.

4. Droid-Master

Droid-Master Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    I went On the first weekend it was open. My son got picked for jedi school, at the end he wen't one on one with Vader, When his turn was over...errr supposed to be over, well Seth wasn't done with the Dark Lord and kept on going untill Vader finaly gave into him... I guess there is a new Master now... Thank GOD I got it all on video. Have fun all

5. Mickster

Mickster Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    I was there as well last weekend and I have to agree with PhatJedi, it was steamy. We went to the park with a few friends of ours and I told them, pray for a hard rain all day long. When my wife and I lived in Winter Haven we had annual passes to Disney and from experience the best time to go is when its pouring. The parks are a lot less crowded and most everything is still running at full capacity. However, last weekend it would sprinkle off and on but it would never pour. So it didnt keep the crowds away and when it did stop raining and the sun came out it was like being in a sauna. I think I changed shirts 3 times from all the moisture either from rain or sweat. By 5:00 in the afternoon I was miserable and ready to hit my resort bed. And the crowds for Star Wars Weekends seemed to be much heavier than any time I have gone in the past. I went the year Carrie Fisher was there and had no problems with lines on anything, autographs or merchandise. This year was not the same though, lines formed quickly, I guess its because of the movie and all the excitement surrounding it. Definitely still worth it but just be prepared for all of you who are going this coming weekend. I would beeline for all the Star Wars stuff, I made the mistake of heading to Tower of Terror and Aerosmiths Roller Coaster before heading over to the Star Wars stuff. I thought I would be kind and hang with our friends for a few before I ran off. Big mistake

6. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Mickster! Let's see - shall I hang out with friends or hit the Star Wars stuff??. . . that seems like a no-brainer to me!

We are going on Saturday and Jeremy Bulloch is the signer (I think) so at least I don't need to get his autograph. One less line to stand in. Plus I heard the Darth Vader Mickeys are sold out so that may wipe out the store line for me too!

7. riquigonjin

riquigonjin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    so who is going to be there this saturday?

8. Droid-Master

Droid-Master Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    FYI, SW weekend has been extened to June 26 http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=93177

9. CRIMSONXXX

CRIMSONXXX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Louis and I will be in the parade.

TR-1741

10. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Tina and I are going on Saturday! Hopefully the weather holds and it isn't MONSOONING!

I think Gina and Monroe will be there too - Gina told me she was on the list to march in the parade also.

11. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Well ya'll - Tina and I postponed due to the weather. It seemed perfect timing that Disney decided to extend SWW for another 2 weekends!

Anyone who went - give us the weather report!

12. jedi_rogue_88

jedi_rogue_88 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    well, friday was really nice. there was a strong wind and every now and then there would be a few drops of rain. saturday was ok, but not the best. unfortunately, that was the day i went to MGM...
    it had rained all threw friday night and when i woke-up yesterday morning, it was really humid. there were rain clouds hanging around that would burst at the worst possible moment...like when i was next in a very long line for shaak ti and it started raining and she was "called in to a very important council meeting." when it really stared to pour, around four that afternoon, all of the characters where moved inside. well, that was fine, but then you had to discover where they ended-up. it took me forever to find shaak ti again...
    but hugging her and anakin was worth all of the trouble. :D

13. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Hey Guys!
    We survived Disney...you just gotta love the insanity. After the fireworks at TMK, I thought we'd never get out of there.
    Anyway, it was fun. We did MGM, Epcot and TMK in 2 days!
    It was an honor to march Friday. Sorry none of you guys were there.. I missed ya. Looking forward to next year already and hope to march more days.
    Hey Angela, I remember talking to you at the Suns game.. glad you're here.

14. CRIMSONXXX

Apr 3, 2005

Gina, sorry we missed you. Luis and I marched Sat and Sun. Had a blast and got to meet lots of intresting 501st members. We were lucky enough to avoid the negetive weather. Looks as if there is a chance that we will be going again the last weekend. For those of you that already don't know, Jake Lloyd is that weekends guest. Looking forward to DRAGON CON!

Crimson out.

TR-1741

15. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Crimson - we are definitely planning for that last weekend (Saturday only) but I am not going to march - just going to kick back, watch all of the 501st finest and enjoy myself!

16. CRIMSONXXX

Apr 3, 2005
    Julia,

Do you have a recorder to record the parade?

TR-1741

17. jediadigallia

jediadigallia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Matt, I have a recorder to record the parade, if you'd like. I am definitely planning on going with Julia the last weekend in June.

18. CRIMSONXXX

Apr 3, 2005
    I'd like. I'll have to watch it with some popcorn.

TR-1741

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.