main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Tacticon 2005

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Zoom_Cthooga, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Tacticon 2005!!!

What is it, you ask? One of the biggest gaming conventions in Colorado -- a similar con (Genghis Con) takes place in February. The Denver Gamers Association is the driving force behind both.

Stuff you'll find there:

Board games
    Miniature wargaming of all types (historical/fantasy/sci-fi)
    RPGs
    Card games
    LARP
    Critter crunch (basically "Battlebots" but with a 2 lbs. and 5 lbs. division)

WHEN: September 1st - 4th
    WHERE: Four Points by Sheraton Denver SE

2. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Note: This conflicts directly with the State Fair trooping event. I know I've been kinda iffy on the whole thing, but I wasn't reminded until after I got my butt kicked at my first BattleTech game in 2 years that I had already committed myself to Tacticon.

Oops.

3. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    so how much is it to attend?

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Preregistration: $22.00

Each event: $3.00

I believe John (a new John -- nobody here's met him unless they've played BattleTech within the last ummm...20 years) and I might be getting a room for the weekend. Not sure if Rachel's going, but if so I'd like to bring Isabel just cuz she likes Cthulhu. Annnnnd I'm not even really sure how much I'll be involved in the whole thing -- chance are if I say I'm bored, somebody will make me do something. LOL.

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    And more info -- more of a review...

Genghis Con and Tacticon are more for the events. Aside from a decent sized dealer room, there's not a whole lot to check out, unless you're actually playing in one of the events. It's something neat to go to for the day, but for a first timer without events you can pretty much see everything in a few hours. The demos are neat, though, as are some of the deals you can find.