main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Tangled] Burst Forth

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Raphire, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Title: Burst Forth
    Author: Raphire
    Summery: The Kingdom Dance Scene.
    Additional Notes: I don't own Tangled that would be Disney.

Rapunzel's heart felt like it would burst. She watched in wonder as they passed through the city. She was in awe of all of the color and vibrancy that surrounded her. It fascinated her how the people of the city interacted with each other. There was such a joy about this place.

She had noticed it as soon as she had arrived. The people here truly loved life. They lived free and, even though some might consider their lives a minute part of this city, each of them shone with contentment and pride.

They were proud of their daily routines, of having a kingdom like they did, and they were proud of their way of life. She couldn?t help but sigh as she looked around. Even the smallest of details in the city screamed of contentment and joy. It was infectious. From the moment she entered the city she felt her spirits lift. Now it felt as if she were soaring. She felt the love that surrounded her and she wished with all of her heart that she could join in their joy.

Then she saw them. She saw the king and queen. They looked so regal and in a way, kind. Their eyes bored into hers and she felt a tingle pass down her spine. She wanted to be a part of this. To share in the joys of this kingdom.

As she looked at the mural, a band of musicians passed by her, playing softly for a little bread or money. Without realizing it her feet began to move.

Flynn paid for the small roll that Rapunzel had just been so enamored by and smiled to himself. She was such a pleasure to watch; her childlike awe for the simple things, her fascination with the contours of the kingdom, and most of all her interactions with people. When she spoke to them, she just seemed to glow. And that glow slowly spread to those around her. He found that this trait above all others was the one that had him spellbound.

He loved showing Rapunzel the city. It drew out a completely different side of her and he was intrigued by it. On their trip here her innocence had confused him and he was astonished with how well she thought on her feet but nothing compared to the Rapunzel he saw today.

Before her survival instincts had been the thing that had him most impressed but they were mundane in comparison to what he saw in her today. He had caught a hint of it at the bar but it was merely a shadow to her true self. The way she was with kids, the rapture he saw in her countenance. He would do anything to keep those expressions on her face.

He sighed softly to himself and turned around. His jaw dropped in surprise.

Rapunzel was dancing in front of the whole market. Her feet flowed with a grace he had never seen before. The way her body flowed from one step to the next was breathtaking. Dance seemed almost as natural to her as walking.

He watched as she whirled around the courtyard and up to a young boy. The expression of rapture on her face intensified as held out her arms to him. The eight year old gladly accepted her hands and she swept him into the air. He laughed with glee as they twirled around the market.

The joy bubbling in her quickly became infectious and people started to clap to the beat. Flynn smiled and shook his head. He would never understand this woman. She came onto a situation and single handedly turned it on its head. She had power. And that was something that astounded him. How could something have so much power and yet remain so pure? It seemed impossible.

He glanced back up at her and saw her motion him into the growing mass of people. He shook his head and tried to back up. She smiled sadly and turned back to the people. Flynn stared after her and then at the throng of dancers. Why was he so hesitant to join in? Why could he just be happy for once?

Suddenly something hit his back and he stumbled into the crowd. When he gained his feet again, a man had his hand and they were moving to the music. He glared behind him at that stupid meddling horse. Then he w

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was so sweet!! I particularly liked Flynn's thoughts [face_love]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful! You painted a very vivid lively fun scene!

I too enjoyed Flynn's thoughts - the wistful poignance of why he couldn't just be happy ... and how he rejoices in Rapunzel's own warmth and joy.

And the ending -- the mush fool in me said "Kiss her already, you nerf herder!" [face_laugh]

[:D]

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This was a perfect look at one of the best scenes of the movie. :D Your writing had a great flow to it, and I could imagine that I was swirling there with them. [face_love]

Wonderfully done! I definitely liked seeing this fandom through your eyes. [face_love] =D=

~MJ[/b @};-

5. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    Wow. Epic scene from an Epic movie! You got the scene from Flynn's eyes perfectly! I loved how you captured the dance as well.

Genius!

6. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    totally awesome :D =D=