main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Tell us about yourself, Episode II

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Glad to meet ya,Saberpilot!

2. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Hey I'm real new to the message boards and I'm fairly new to being a fan...I've been a fan since i was 8 but i've only been fanatical for about a year. I live in Penn Hills and i work at taco bell. I was pissed that we didn't get to have Star Wars stuff for episode II but i'll get over it. I saw AOTC at midnight at distinta and I was so happy (this was my first time seeing SW in the theater) that I cried.

3. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    Hello Stina-Cri.It's good to meet you.

4. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Welcome aboard new folk and now i'm not the youngest YIPPIE!

5. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I am a LONG..... time fan. Saw the classic trilogy in the theaters. I live in West Mifflin and am a moderator on another Sw fan/collector site. I will reserve telling who the website is so as to not tick anyone off here. I was recently (AOTC toy sale 4/23) approached by one of the members here and was asked to join. I classify myself in the collecting world as an Army builder. Don't hate me yet! I always give extras to kids if they need what I have and usually do the same for fellow collectors. Of course I try to flush out the scalpers so they don't get the GOOD stuff. I continually look to trade figs. I consider myself very knowledgeable in the history and trivia of SW. In fact just to help time pass while waiting for the Midnight showing of AOTC I held TWO trivia contest with the first winner getting a Count Dooku (not the deluxe but the regular one) and the second winner receiving Mace Geonosian rescue. I did this of my own volition and not for any website or theater. I have a decent job that affords me the opportunity to do such things. (I saw the same Dooku fig at EIDE's downtown for $25, what a crock) That's scalping at it's worst. Here I am just a normal person GIVING away the hardest to find figure at this time and they want 3 times retail. Shame on you. Anyways, I go hunting for toys at least 4 times a week. Not limiting myself to Pittsburgh, I weekly visit Cranberry and Uniontown. (I have a very good idea as to what south-western PA has as far as SW goes. As to the rest of my EPII experience, I saw it FIVE times opening day. Besides the Midnight show, I returned for the 10am, 1pm, 4pm, and finally 7pm showings. My fiancee was with me for the Midnight and the 7pm show. Oh, I guess I should have said that before, I'm engaged and she is into SW somewhat as well (although her thing is Digimon and we both collect Simpsons).
    We are both Graphic Designers and I hold a second degree in Industrial Design. (YES, in fact I actually know how to make sets and props just like in the SW movies) In fact it is directly because of the movies that I went to school for this.

So to sum things up: I am a 32yo twice college educated (two degrees), successful professional who is very much a devoted SW fan. Not just the toys but the movies and books. I am originally from the North Side and now live in West Mifflin. (If you'd like to contact me please feel free to e-mail me.)

salerno_chris01@hotmail.com

I am attempting to put together a collecting club and a Pittsburgh based fanclub wereby we can meet and discuss all things SW. (I happen to like human interaction and while I am a moderator and my job keep me in front of a computer for many hours on the day I still like to meet others in person.)

Well, it's quitting time for me so i'll be on my way. Hope to here from some of YINZ (sorry couldn't help it)

6. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Welcome everyone new who I haven't said welcome to yet :D !

Hey, everyone go check out the latest planning thread for the next face to face meeting!

7. DBJedi

DBJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    Jedi Sal, you're from WM too! So am I. I live over in Riverview by Ye Olde Emerson if you know where that's at. I love what you did with the figures and the contest. I totally agree with you on the whole Eides sentiment. I was down there this weekend to check out there new digs and even there AOTC 3PO's and Anakin's are going for $15. The only figure I ever bought there was Darth Vader w/ removable helmet(yeah, I paid out the wazoo for it though.) I'm not much of a figure collector but I'm really waiting to get my hands on the new busts and high end items. The only figure I really get are the ones that just seem to interest me, whoever they may be since I rip them out of the package as soon as I get home. SW is a labor of love for me, not a means of income. It's good to see somebody w/ morals.
    :)

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Sal I don't know if you've read any of the other threads here but we have real life meetings every month where we get together and talk about Star Wars. Stop by the planning thread for our next meeting, it's probably going to be in the first weekend of June at the Border's Books on McKnight Rd. We'd be glad to have ou at our next meeting, if you have any questions don't hesitate to email me at vattimo@vlattimo.com.

9. BlackSunBDP

BlackSunBDP Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    Hey, it's Sal!

Me and MetalliJedi mat Sal at TRU today. He's a cool guy, and should be a boon to this group. And Sal... I'm STILL jealous about that Dooku figure. ;)

10. DBJedi

Apr 26, 2002
    Hey Rox, just out of curiosity since I saw your email address, I went to RMC(now RMU) with Bill and Chrissy Vattimo. Are you any relation?

BlackSun, did you happen to go to the infamous Serra Catholic HS. Your name sounds familair. I was class of 1994. We were responsible for giving Spottiswood a nervous breakdown!

11. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Yeah they are by cousins, if meet someone with the last name Vattimo then I'm related to them. Unless Vattimo is the Italian version of Smith.

Bill is still in the Military somewhere, I can't remember where and Chrissy is married and has a couple of kids.

12. yatchie

yatchie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    Hello everyone

My name is Dan and I am a memeber of the Omaha Fan Force. I will be moving back to the area in mid July more specifically Monessen. I was hoping to become a member of the Pittsburgh group when I get back. I also would like to visit here more often to get familur with everyone before I come back.
    I've been s SW fan since I was a little dude. I mainly just enjoy the movies, I'm not a big reader so I've read only a couple of the books. My interest in the expanded universe has been growing since I've been involved with the OFF.
    Thanks alot for your time, see yunz later

Dan

13. DBJedi

Apr 26, 2002
    Hey guys! A little help here if you can. I'm looking for three figures and I can't seem to find them around here. I don't know if they just don't have them yet or I just go at the wrong time, but if you see these figures please let me know. I'm looking for Bespin Vader and Luke, and Djas Puhr. Also if you see any of the SW Unleashed items I'd love to know where. Email me at BrettBowers@msn.com if you see these anywhere.

14. BlackSunBDP

BlackSunBDP Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    Yeah,DB, I went to Serra. And dont go taking all the credit for making Spottiswood crumble... you guys may have caused the collapse but me and my boys form the class of 91 put the cracks in the foundation. For God's sake, Mike Bendel once spent an entire peroid throwing peices of fruit at her. Heh.

15. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    DBJedi you can easily find Bespin Luke. He is all around town. (I've seen him at two k-marts and two TRU's) Djas Puhr isn't supposed to be out yet that I know of.
    Same for unleashed figs.

But I did find the NEXU and Deluxe Anakin with Split apart Geonosian warrior. Whoo Hoo great find.

On another note, as I mentioned in other forum on this site I am going to see AOTC again on memorial day and am extending the invitation to join me for a viewing. Please notify me by e-mail as well (before 4pm friday as I don't have a computer at home):

salerno_chris01@hotmail.com

This is the fastest way for me to respond back.

16. silverca03

silverca03 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    Hey My name is Chris and I'm 17. I've only been addicted to Star Wars since the SE came out back in 97. But sicne then its been insane. I'm from West Mifflin, hoem of Kennywood lol. I love reading the novels, playing the games, i do a little collecting too. I'm just here to talk with other people as crazed as I am about Star Wars. If anyone wants to chat sometime I have AIM -lostinafury.

17. DARTHSURPRISE

DARTHSURPRISE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    for some rare figures (dooku, yoda, Bespin vader and luke) check out the Toys R Us near roos park mall. Two days ago i purchased all four (3+ 2 yodas) there and i know that they have more unopened cases in the back.
    my best advice is to ask politely for someone to check in the back for unopened cases

18. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    I've noticed quite a few new folks and since this thread seems to have been "left behind" a few pages, I thought it well to bring it back up to the front to have youn's new folks tell us about yourselves....

19. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Hi Chris! I'm 17 too, live in Munhall. Nice to meet you. You go to West Mifflin High? We might have seen each other at the WPIAL game this year. I know my principal served you guys lunch after that one game... (after we lost- lol ^_^)

20. AdronPa

AdronPa Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    I'm Bill, and I'm a 35 y.o. interactive designer, living with my fiance and her daughter in Whitehall. Been a SW fan since day one, but haven't gotten nuts about it until AOTC. And it doesn't hurt that my soon-to-be stepdaughter is a SW fan as well. (She often beats me at TCG with her Light side deck. And her favorite characters are Yoda and Jar Jar.)

I'm into the TCG, RPG, figures (Kit Fisto!), novels, and comic books. I'm also a big fan of Joseph Campbell and am presently working on my version of a modern mythological movie. I also have an affinity for the world's religions, especially Vedantic Hinduism, Buddhism, Native American spirituality, Taoism, Judaism, and Christianity.

I'm also into movies (Buckaroo Banzai, the Matrix, Last of the Mohicans, Glory, Dances with Wolves, the Godfather Trilogy, the Devil's Advocate, Sixth Sense), comic books (Amazing Spiderman, New and Ultimate XMen, Hulk, Ultimates, Daredevil, and Star Wars, of course), video games (GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance)

21. JEDIJAY1221

JEDIJAY1221 Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2002
    I thought EPI 2 would've been a little better, but i liked it.

Check out:
    victorylanemusic.com
    thanks

Jason
    jaymicallef.com

22. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    Hi, my name is Brendon Wahlberg, I'm 35 and living in Squirrel Hill. I work at Pitt as a lab tech in AIDS research. I'm engaged and I have two kids. I've been a SW fan since 1977.
    I have written fourteen fan fiction stories over a period of nine years and I have also helped locate, compile, and write about the Lucas script drafts found at the Starkiller web site.
    I am a die-hard fan, and I'd like to meet some area fans some time.
    If there are any of my readers on the board, and if anyone wants to see my latest fanfic, The Apprentice Sidious, let me know by email.
    As far as Episode II goes, I loved it. It was simply excellent Star Wars entertainment.

-Brendon

23. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hey Brendon, send your fanfics to Rox via e-mail or PM and he could put them up on the PGH site, thenewrepublic.net

All you new folks DO know about thenewrepublic.net, right?? :D

24. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    Hi everyone,
    I just signed up, my name is Joe Bell, and I'm from the Johnstown, PA area. I'm 26, and a grad student in history at the moment. I've been a huge fan of Star Wars since I first saw it when I was a little kid. I am also a member of the 501st Legion, the largest Star Wars costuming group out there, as an Imperial Guard. I'm also currently working on putting together a TIE pilot uniform as well. I'm hoping to make it to the July meeting down in Monroeville and meet all of you, and I look forward to hanging out and going to some of the activities. Take care.

Crimson Knight

25. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Hey, Joe!
    I've been to the 501st website. Cool. You guys are gaining a good reputation. If I had the body type for Imperial Armor I most certainly would join. As it is I am "a little short for a stormtrooper". (As well as "husky") ha ha ha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.