main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Terminator-Salvation - Movie Event - SUNDAY (24th) - 7 PM

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Ulkesh2, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    The next big movie event is here! Terminator-Salvation opens in theatres on Thursday (5-21-9). Waiting now for a better day/time for the Almighty Collective. After all Skynet is a patient master-hunter [face_skull]

2. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    I have to work tomorrow night. :(

3. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    The blessed event is tonight! [face_shhh] Be wery, wery quiet. Skynet's hunting Humans. [face_worried] ,[face_skull]

4. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    The blessed event is here! [face_shhh] Be wery, wery quwiet...Skwywnet is hunting Humans...[face_worried] , [face_skull]

5. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    This post is actually from a boardie on Spawn.com and he pretty much sums up how I feel about the movie.

Aside from Arnold s cameo

There will be spoilers.

?Terminator: Salvation? Is a noisy and altogether meaningless movie that at best is the worst sequel in the series and at worst has killed any chances of seeing future installments. This movie backfires in nearly every possible way and worse treats the entire series like a piece of used toilet paper as it?s piss poor ?story? unfolds and disappoints anyone who loved the first two films. The story is shot full of holes, coincidences, convenient and illogical plot points, leading into a third act that treats the audience as if they were all a bunch drooling morons who only came to see **** blow up. The movie ends on a truly stupid note in order to justify it?s title and any hope of seeing the glorious Future War we?ve all imagined literally flies off into a post-apocalyptic, nuclear sunset. **** this movie.

That?s my basic opinion of it.

Spoilers from here on.

My biggest complaint is the story or total lack of one. This movie is completely lifeless and with a cast like this, there?s no excuse for that. You never at any point give a **** about anyone in the film. Aside from Reese, all of the characters are completely forgettable. The story is so half-assed and incompetently written that most of your time will be spent shaking your head at the fact that anyone could have agreed to spend $200 million dollars on this sack of crap. The movie goes through the motions, checking off certain things that have to happen and what this movie boils down to is this: The story of how John Connor got that ****ing scar. This ?script? is so obviously cobbled together from other sources that it stands as the best reason to just stop making movies if there?s ever a strike. The dialogue is flat and sometimes so painful to listen to that it?s embarrassing. The only memorable lines are lifted from the other films.

Which brings me to the acting and my #1 problem with it: Christian Bale. He has two tones of voice in this movie: growling and screaming. At least in ?Batman? he has all those nice Bruce Wayne scenes to dilute the horrible high volume growl he grunts out whenever he puts on the cape. Here, he doesn?t have that luxury. He was horribly wrong for this role and the more I watched him sweat and scream and get beaten through the film, I realized that this movie doesn?t even require his presence. He never really does anything except get the military to call off the airstrike, plant a bomb and get stabbed through the chest. He really has no reason to exist in this movie at all. The scripts were overhauled to give Connor everything that should?ve been done by?..yeah, that?s right: Reese. This should have been Kyle Reese?s movie all the way. That would have made sense. If Connor had been removed from this film until his three minute bit at the end like had been rumored, Reese would have had the time to grow into the bad ass that he becomes. Instead, all he does in this movie is run, get captured and stand around.

Then there?s the fact that Skynet knew exactly who Reese was. If Reese was the father of John Connor, then why didn?t Skynet instead of dropping him into the people harvester, JUST ORDER THE ****ING GIANT ROBOT TO CRUSH HIM INTO RED GOO??? Problem solved.

But, no they didn?t do that. Skynet, the super-logical evil computer that is all about efficiency and DEATH TO HUMANS, ESPECIALLY TO JOHN CONNOR AND HIS FAMILY fails to pull the trigger.

Then later on, you see they?ve got Reese in this nice, sterile, white cell. WHY NOT SEND A TERMINATOR IN TO SPLASH HIS ASS ON THE WALLS??? But, no, no that?s not the big plan either.

Then there?s Marcus. An infiltrator Terminator. A new design specifically made to INFILTRATE the Resistance.

What does Skynet do? Did they have a trigger inside Marcus set to go off and kill everyone at the first sight of their primary target? Better yet, did they plant a ****ing nuke in his chest to set off the moment

6. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Hey Mikey can you PM me the spoiler part?

7. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    I sent it to you Chuck, did you try highlighting the black bars?

You can see the test that way. Just wondering.

8. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I thought some of it was very silly, without a spoiler or anything, one thing I thought was stupid was the streets of LA were still on fire , like what ...2 or 3 years after the war? Overall I like it. Ill buy on Blu.

9. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    You know, not everything has to be "re-invented". thanks for the PM Mike. I didn't know highlighting the blacked out portions would reveal the spoilers.

10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I just wamted to point out that the entire reason I went to see this film was to see **** blow up :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.