main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD terminator series in feb

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by sith star, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    If nothing else, Shirley Manson's casting is a welcome reminder of Garbage's glory days. Just reading the news inspired me to pick up a greatest hits compilation, which has been on heavy car rotation of late.

Does she tone down her accent? Only it's hard not to entertain the idea of a ruthless killing machine speaking in thick, borderline-incomprehensible Scottish, and the hilarious Brad-Pitt-in-Snatch moments that would ensue at inappropriate dramatic moments.

Anyway! Having just reached the now-legendary episode 6 on the DVD, I'm impressed. While the first few episodes were enough to convince me it was a good series, Dungeons and Dragons was the moment it became a good Terminator series.

Then Charlie said "there's a storm coming", and I wanted to stand and cheer.

2. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Does she tone down her accent?

Nope. Not so far, anyway. It's not hugely bad, just slightly distracting. I guess they wanted her to stand out a bit more. *Shrug* Her acting isn't spectacular, but I love the idea of her character, as I said in my previous post. It's escalation, which is very cool.

And as for that line of Charlie's? Oh hell yeah. The series is so faithful to the movies, that's what's so great about it.

3. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    I like the series with all of its twists and turns BUT the acting is shocking with no emotion or character except perhaps from Cameron! Sarah is so weak in comparison to movie Sarah. Shirley Manson is a joke also.

4. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Contrary to rumours of Fox axing the show, they've just given season two a full 22-episode run. Excellent news. For a while there I was afraid it would never get the chance to stretch its wings to the designated width.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.