main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson TFF to Host SW Regional Game - Help me plan it!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dark_Lady_Jada, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Hey folks! Because we were doing something far more important on Monday I didn't get to explain this. So I'm going to do this and ask you to give me your input.

I'll be hosting a game in the SouthWest Regional Discussion forum for all of the SW Region.

I've written up a description (to follow) and what I need to know is what do you think is a good week to do this and is anything unclear in my post?

Hello! Greetings from the little Fan Force that could . . . Tucson!

We are pleased to be hosting a great game for the SouthWestern Regional Fan Forces! Sock Puppet Showdown!

For those who don't know what a sock is, it is an account besides your main user name that you usually use to post. For instance, some people create different socks for various holidays or to post fan fiction. Other people just have alot of personality and one user name doesn't express it all (um, that's me!)

Our boards do require you to have a separate email address in order to register a "sock" account. You can do that through yahoo and hotmail to name two. Just make sure you check your bulk email folder in case the message from the tf.n boards goes in there.

Now that I have explained that, let me explain how it will work!

Sock Puppet Showdown will be held the week of TBA

You can register your sock on the boards anytime before then. Once sock week begins you can post in the official Sock Puppet Showdown thread with your sock. You might give a hint or two as to who you really are. For instance, if I was posting with a sock, I might say "But it's a dry heat" to tip you off that I'm in Arizona.

When sock week is done I'll be asking everyone to PM me with a the name of their sock and their real user name. Then we will have a contest to see who can guess which sock belongs to who.

There will be a prize of VIPship for the person who fools the most people with their sock.

I'll be the Official Game Host so I won't be playing. But a sock or two of mine might stop in but I'll identify it as my sock ;)

Questions? My PM box is open!

~Jada

2. QUEEN_MARNEW

QUEEN_MARNEW Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2003
    For example, this is one of my "socks"

3. Dogme

Dogme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2003
    As is this.

You can see in my signature that I have my regular name there. For the game, any sock you create should not have your name in the sig or the bio. ;)

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I find this very interesting..I will certainly participate.. I don't think enough people know who I am for anything I say to ring a bell.. but by all means when the TBA comes out I'll do it.

5. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    OK, as soon as BrotherHalo approves I'm thinking of starting this game next Monday.

That means this Wednesday I'll be going to each SouthWest FanForce and posting a thread about the game.

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
  7. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Blast it all Birr! I can't play and you! you! you!!!!!!! :p

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    children ;)

9. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    But he isn't a child! He is a big overgrown Ewok and there are two of them! :eek: [face_worried] :p

But hug I ever got was from Birr at C3 :D

10. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
  11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I have a feeling this is going to be a constant source of amusement and fun when it gets rolling.

12. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Yub Yub!!! :D

Don't forget to register a sock!! If you need help, let me know. I'm the foremost authority on virtual sock puppets. [face_clown]

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    so here's a question.. how does one get themselves known around these here parts so we can participate in the sock game.. should I visit other SW forums and say hello and pump up your game.. or just lay low and hope they don't have a clue!! I'm rather excited about it.. though I don't have a sock at all.. gonna have fun thinking up a name for one.. can I only use one.. or more than one.

14. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Opps, sorry I didn't answer this. I think that because this is a trial run of the game that we should just have fun with it. Hopefully everyone will.

I wanted to suggest that if you need an email account to register a sock either use hotmail or yahoo (be sure to check your Bulk mail folder in case the email from tf.n goes there) or let me know and I'll send you a Gmail invite.

cathie, could you talk this up in the CR forum?

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    sure can!! No problem, I will chat it up in the CR forum.. but you said for now it is just SW region right.. shall I mention if it is a success we want to go global!!! I have several email addy's I can use for socks.. and I guess I only need one!! I just have to go to the right spot to do it.

16. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Yeah, if people use more than one it will get confusing. I will unleash my vast army of course but I'll be manually siging it with ~Jada

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am reminding everyone to try and join in this game DLJ has planned.. even if you only manage one post a day, it sounds fun.. I already created a sock for the game! Looking forward to kickoff!!

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    RED ALERT RED ALERT RED ALERT

Albuquerque is rocking on this sockfest!! The question in Albuquerque of the hour.. will Tucson put in a show for the sockfest!!! By all means ya'll... let's be there with our "Socks" on!! I am getting Psyched!! Get your socks on.. ready... aim....

19. Pirateme

Pirateme Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    And don't ye ferget tomarrow be Talk like a Pirate Day! Arrrrrrrr!

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I have got to learn to spell Albuquerque without looking it up everytime :oops: [face_laugh]

I just now did it for the very first time!!![face_dancing]

I also keep almost posting with my new sock as cathiecat!! this is gonna be hard.. I am trying to remember all my little posting quirks so I don't give myself away.. like how I always use multiple........... after my thoughts.. instead of comma's or dashes or whatever!!

I am bringing out my sock early and practicing in other forums.. just to get used to it.

21. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    I ... do . . . the . . . same... thing ...!

22. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
  23. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Arrrrrghhh! The links not working!

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    go directly to the sw forum and click on the thread. It is working

25. Sith_Wench