main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thats itt! I can't wait any longer!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by slobadog, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slobadog

slobadog Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    a week and a half is just way too....err... i can't stand it i just have.....i just have to see it.

Yep i know what gona do. I'm makin a time machine. I mean come on! I'm smart. I've studied science, i should be able make on in lets seee....12 days.

Well see you on the other side.

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I don't understand this.
    For Attack of the Clones, I couldn't contain my excitement. This time round, it doesn't bother me at all. The movie comes when it comes, sometimes I even forget that it is coming.

-Seldon

3. silvermark

silvermark Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2001
    I feel the exact same way.

I think I'm numb from the shock that this is the last Star Wars.

4. Buck_Skywalker

Buck_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    Maybe you are maturing. Thats what happens as you get older. You savor the moment. You stop looking ahead so much. Much like Yoda described Luke in ESB--"Always the future".

If you are like me, you are enjoying the wait. The suspense is great.

But if you really can't wait, buy the novel and go at it. That should help a little. Otherwise, good luck with the time machine, Uncle Rico.

5. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I don't know what it is. There are a lot of things going on in my life. AP exams, High School graduation, entering college, scholarship essays etc. I just haven't found the time to get real excited about this, yet.

-Seldon

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Meh. The arrival of ROTS is far more important than graduating high school. [face_shame_on_you]

I'm kind of stunned right now.

Keep in mind, I know way more than all of you. And for a long time, I was okay - my wife actually commented that I wasn't excited.

Then when the reviews started coming in, I got uber-excited - as you can see, I had to compile a bunch of them for everybody to read, and I couldn't sleep last night.

7. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Seldon, I can see how you're keeping busy and ROTS isn't number 1 on your excitement list right now. AOTC came out the year I graduated high school. While I was excited about the new movie, I had school things to keep me busy and excited (except I didn't have to worry about AP exams. tee hee). But now there is nothing exciting going on except the upcoming ROTS. School is out for the summer and all I'm doing it working. I guess that passes time well enough. Though at work, the Revenge of the Sith promo table is right in front of cashwrap, so every night I am tempted to look through the novel a bit. The other night I peeked at the Art of ROTS book. It was nice. :D

8. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    I'm looking forward to seeing ROTS more than my graduation which is shortly after. That right there is proof of how crazy I am!

9. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    Patience, patience. I know, I hate that word too. Honestly, because I got a job last week, it's not been so bad for the wait. I've come this far and frankly, now that the reviews are coming out, it's going to make things a little more difficult for us but just don't bite.

I'm kind of looking at it from more of the standpoint of what will I do after the release, when I first go see it? Nothing compares to the buildup and seeing a Star Wars movie. It doesn't even compare to LOTR. You know, it's like six years ago we were just so thankful and after TPM thought in the back of our minds, well, we get two more. Then after AOTC, well, there's still one more. And now, there isn't going to be anymore. It's really going to be bittersweet.

So I'm just enjoying each and every moment I can. I've done so many things for the first time for this release, like midnight madness and I will be going to a midnight showing. It's all worth it so I'll have the memories.

10. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I'm trying to enjoy the wait and the fact that for 12 more days I still have one more SW-film to see. I'm also getting really hyped up and yesterday I couldn't sleep thinking about it. I can't wait to see the film, but there is still a part of me that don't want 19 May to ever come. It is really a bittersweet wait.

11. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I'm looking forward to seeing ROTS more than my graduation which is shortly after. That right there is proof of how crazy I am!

Apparently you've never attended a graduation. I'd rather have dental surgery than sit through that crap; at least you get novicane.

!snap

12. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    snap-hiss makes an excellent point!

high school graduation is a highly forgettable experience -- now college - that was something entirely different!

if i hadn't been so wasted i might even remember that one!!

personally - the fact that my bestest friend in the whole world [matt] is flying in from california just for the purpose of RotS -- that winds me up!

add that to the the fact that a very good friend of mine [ali] is taking thursday off from work so we can go to both a midnite show and then the ziegfield in the morning and i am even more pumped!!

however i was bouncing off the walls the moment i finfished reading LoE ,,, again when i finished reading Republic #75 when tholme dies at the hands of quinlan and i realized that major characters will be DEAD very soon :_|

but i'd say it really hit home when i read the little snippet in the paper on thursday morning on the subway...
    when i walked in the door a couple of my work buddies told me they were sad that there wasn't something for them like SW is for me that has the ability to get them so excited!!!!

i think i might explode when they start leading the line into the theater @ 12:00 am --- i might need a few xanax!!!

geez louise - just posting in this thread and seeing 12 days left... up top pretty much has me giddy!!!

13. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    For Attack of the Clones wasnt spoiler free, but I wasnt reading forums like this. I guess being here has made me need it more!

14. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    It isn't so much the physical graduation. It is the departure from the people I know, and the entrance into a new and different world.

I get excited at times, but I never get too impatient about it. This could be because I don't know very much about the story. The trailers just make it seem like it is one battle, sword fight after another. I want something more, and I'm not sure if it is there.

-Seldon

15. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    I can't wait for this film. But I will, somehow.

16. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Actually I have been to two high school graduations and they are very painful, but this one being my own, as Seldon said will likely be more emotional for me ;)

17. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    GARTH_MAUL posted on 5/6/05 9:23pm

Then when the reviews started coming in, I got uber-excited - as you can see, I had to compile a bunch of them for everybody to read, and I couldn't sleep last night.
    [hr][/blockquote]

I was okay until the last few rounds of TV spots. Then the reviews threw me over the edge. Longest 2 weeks of my life. :p

18. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    Personally, I think we should let slobadog get on with it.

I wanna see how far he gets with the time machine :p

19. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    After this thread I felt guilty for not being excited.
    So I began reading some reviews, amazingly all were positive (such a rare thing for any movie, especially a George Lucas SW prequel.) Excitement is slowly building.

-Seldon

20. slobadog

slobadog Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Researching online for Einsteins articles on quantum physiscs right now....
    Next monday i hope to take a look at some used beat up, but hope fully still good De Loreans my mechanic friend owns down the street ........

Lets hope anyways.....
    Keep fingers crossed.............

21. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    This weekend I have been tempted to look at spoilers. How can I not be, after all it's only 10 days away. Part of me is telling me to stay far away but the dark side is telling me it's okay. I thought I had more will-power to stay from the dark side. So far things are going good but I'm hanging on by a loose thread here.

22. Jedi_Meb

Jedi_Meb Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2005
    Personally, I am stead fast in the fact that I will be "Spoiler Free till' Ep III" because I want to be genuinely thrilled by this movie. During TPM and AOTC, I went to see them both, but even when AOTC was out I wasn't as much as a star wars buff as I am now, and I feel I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. TPM was worse in that respect. I have been pushed to temptation by spoilers as well, even so much as to have them right in front of me at a book store via graphic novels and the book for the movie. I refused, and I know ROTS will be the best movie experience I have ever had. ^_^

23. TurnedJedi

TurnedJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2002
    Hey, slobadog, if you get that DeLorean up and running... can I ride shot-gun? :p

I want ROTS now!

24. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    It's not been.... released in some form or other has it? :D

25. tessasolo

tessasolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    Props the the delorian. got any plutonium lying around?

i agree i am very excited but i amso dont want it to end i am so confused. Happy or Sad or both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.