main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[That's not weird, it's magical] Pushing Daisies - UPCOMING GRAPHIC NOVEL!

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by ApolloSmileGirl, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    We need to go here:

http://savedaisies.com/

2. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    Stupid ABC. I signed the petition and sent an email. I also heard they are canceling my other favorite show on ABC Eli Stone. Both of these two shows show some originality which is so nice since most of the other shows are just repeats of the same formula for the last two decades.

3. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I signed.

I haven't been this devastated since Veronica Mars.

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    For the new page.

5. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Signed, but it won't be enough. Someone needs to take over ABC headquarters with automatic weapons and C4 until we get a guarantee.

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Chi McBride never seems to catch a break.

7. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Everyone should send bees to ABC headquarters until they bring it back. Or daisies, but bees are better [face_mischief]

8. MeleanaKenobi

MeleanaKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2002
    Why does it seem like every show i like gets canceled? :_|
    Do I have bad taste? Or does everyone else?
    My tape measure says I'm perfect, so it must be everyone else.

9. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I'll be pretty sad to see Eli Stone go, they obviously had some some big plans for that show.

10. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    This is atrocious.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Not again. I should be happy that ANY shows I watch stay on the air...

12. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Huh, look at this.

I asked my mom if she had watched PD yesterday or whenever and she told me about it and I didn't recognize the plot. Now, she isn't very good at retelling episodes, but PD's are easy. Yesterday was The Norwegians...

and the one that followed it! Window Dressed to Kill. Original Aridate on the wiki-list: "March 4, 2009 (Germany), TBA (Canada & US)"
    And the last two are to follow next week.

Sure, it's in German, which sacrifices most of the cleverness, but dammit I wanna know what happens.

This is weird.

13. Withim

Withim Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2008
    Wait, confused. So Germany is getting it, but the US still isn't? Or we will eventually?

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    http://www.playbill.com/news/article/129684-Final_Three_Episodes_of_ABC's_Pushing_Daisies_Air_Beginning_May_30

The final three episodes of the acclaimed, but canceled ABC drama "Pushing Daisies" will air beginning May 30 for three consecutive weeks.

The first of the three episodes will be broadcast on ABC-TV May 30 at 10 PM ET; check local listings.

The episode, entitled "Window Dressed to Kill," is described as such: "Emerson enlists Chuck's help to investigate the murder of a window dresser when Ned declares he's no longer using his 'gift' to solve crimes." The other two episodes are titled "Water and Power" and "Kerplunk."

Billed as a "blend of romance, fantasy and mystery," "Pushing Daisies" follows a "forensic fairytale about Ned, a young man with a very special gift," according to a show description. "As a young boy Ned discovers that he can return the dead briefly back to life with just one touch. But his random gift isn't without deadly consequences? as he soon finds out."

Lee Pace (Small Tragedy, The Guardians) stars as Ned opposite Anna Friel (original star of Closer), Chi McBride ("Boston Public," "The Nine"), Kristin Chenoweth (Wicked, The Apple Tree), Ellen Greene (Little Shop of Horrors, Side Man) and Swoosie Kurtz (Frozen, Fifth of July). Jim Dale (The Threepenny Opera) provides the show's narration.

15. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    They aired in the UK weeks ago, I believe. You are on the internet. Do the math :p

16. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Blah I watched the final episodes last month. I did not care for the ending, too rushed.

17. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    I know it sounds blasphemous, but as much as I like PD, I'd be willing to see it go if it means Bryan Fuller can breathe new life into Heroes.

18. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    For those of that that dearly miss this show...

Pushing Daisies Graphic Novel

I get to feed a couple passions with this. :D :D

Thanks for the link Daveed! :*

19. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    head lol

20. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    Step 1: hire the worst artists you can... SMH.:_|

21. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
  22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ooooh, nice! :D And about goddam time! :mad:

Looks like Lee Pace is keeping himself busy these days. Twlight :p and The Hobbit [face_love]

23. block

block Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2004
    I still need to watch Season 2. I'm waiting for it to show up at the used DVD store.

24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    That's where I got mine Andrew. :D

25. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    http://bryan-fuller.com/tv-news/i-would-love-to-do-a-pushing-daisies-mini-series-bryan-fuller-says

"Bryan Fuller?s baby PUSHING DAISIES only lasted two seasons on ABC and one could argue at the treatment it received during that second season. However, he isn?t saying goodbye just yet and would love to have it appear on another network at some point.

?I am really emboldened by what Starz is doing with TORCHWOOD and I would love to do a PUSHING DAISIES mini-series on Starz,? Fuller says. ?This would be a great way to wrap up the show properly. [We could] do six great episodes or even a PUSHING DAISIES movie. But I kind of like the idea of a Starz mini-series since they really embraced TORCHWOOD.?