main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Academy [I-5] - *The NEW Role Playing Forum (RPF) Adoption's Program*

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Sith-I-5, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002

A three-seater ARC-170 skimmed over the calm blue waves, to the oddly shaped structure in the middle of the sea.

[image=http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af162/yavin1pics/Adoptions/rpfvenue.jpg]

A double-skinned plexiglase dome revealed itself to be two separate domes as the coverings rose in two separate directions to permit the craft access to the main landing pad, a black circle ringed in yellow.

The newest RPF Adoptions Coordinator, Sith-I-5, stepped off the white fuselage, onto the landing pad, waved back to his clone pilot, and noticed that a strip on the craft?s blunted nose proudly proclaimed that ?My other craft is a Firespray-31!?

Waiting at the edge of the pad, outside the gold ring, someone to greet him; an ominous looking twi?lek with pale white skin, piercing red eyes, clad in voluminous tan robes, leads the Coordinator into the loading area.

THWAP!

Sithy looked over with a start at the heavy slab of bronzium-coloured carbonite that has just dropped off a two-wheeled trolley, half a dozen thin spines pushing above the surface of the hardened metal.

?The http://boards.theforce.net/fan_art/b10020/p1]FanArt[/url] moderator chose to join us, did she?? He quipped with a smile, confusing his larger companion.

?What-?

?HanSolo29.? Sithy indicated the carbonite.

?Uh, no. That isn?t Solo.?

Several internal corridors later, a huge, high-ceilinged chamber whose tall rectangular windows look out on the calm sea, and had been the extravagant dining room of the late shipping magnate, Stromberg, now had a repeater screen at one end, over a stage and gold-colored lecturn, set in front of several dozen chairs.

From the doors at the back of the room, Sith-I-5 gazed in surprise at the number of new and potential players filling the seats, waiting for the presentation to start.

?Wow, Mitch. How did you get all these people to come? Promise free food and drink?? Looking up at Mitch Nifesta, Force Sensetive SGIS agent and his own favourite fiction and roleplaying creation, he noticed that the twi?lek was clearly pleased with himself.

?Twi?lek dancing girls. Blue twi?lek dancing girls.?

?Blue, eh? Clearly pushing the boat out.? He spotted some female heads amongst the seated audience. ?So how did you get the ladies along??

?Promised them Wolverine with his kit off.? Mitch looked uncertain now, ?Speaking of which, how do you un-freeze carbonite??

I-5 recalled the incident in the loading bay, ?That was Wolverine?! How did you lure him into a carbon freezing chamber??

?I am not without a certain charm!?

?What?d you do, bait it with Tresemme?? The Coordinator waved a dismissive hand. ?I don?t wanna know. Return of the Jedi dvd. Jabba?s Palace. Princess Leia frees Han from the stuff. Just watch what she does, and if that fails,? he indicated his fellow tf.n members, ?one of them will know.?

Leaving the twi'lek to sort out the details, Sith-I-5 made his way down the carpeted centre aisle, climbed the short steps to the stage, and stepped behind the shiny yellow lecturn.

He looked out at the expectant faces, and tried not to quail. He really wasn't that good in front of people, but, he was the Roleplaying Forum's Adoptions Coordinator now, and the buck stopped with him.
    Fortunately, Mitch had thought of everything, an A4 sheet of white paper reminding him that IF ALL ELSE FAILS, IMAGINE THEM NAKED.

Thanks, Mitch.

"Thank you all for coming.

We are here to continue the great work of the previous Coordinator, Ktala, in providing a place for new roleplayers to learn how we do things on the Roleplaying Forums.

Interested parties, be you roleplaying beginners, RP-ing veterans from elsewhere, or experienced players who wish to volunteer your services and share your wisdom; can visit and post here.

Questions can be asked here, and the permanent teaching staff, comprising Edit: Thread got closed because of a new version.

2. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    The results of our recent survey of RPF Adoptions Academy participants and their current status: - March 2011

RPF Adoptions Academy - general instructors
    Ktala
    Agent Mitch Nifesta
    Sith-I-5

Mentor-Student pairings
    Sith-I-5 / prj1

General Instructors
    [tbc]

Mentors, seeking Adoptees
    Trieste
    SirakRomar
    Penguinator-176

Students, seeking Mentors

Participants
    CPL-Macja
    prj1

3. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    New Academy, Iskalon

Two small Jedi starfighters landed on the landing pad, shutting off upon impact. Stepping from the first one, a navy blue one, was Apprentice Spycoder. He was dressed in the normal wear as an apprentice, with a braid coming down past his shoulders. Looking around, one clone trooper stared at him.

?What, you never seen somebody who is late and would be in big trouble and if he wasn?t inside the academy in like two minutes his butt would be fried?? The trooper stared at the apprentice a couple of moments, and Spike rolled his eyes. Stepping from the second transport was Apprentice Ella Kittie.

?I?m coming, I?m coming!? she squealed at him, and he sighed. Grabbing her arm, he tugged along the landing pad, rushing down the area. This was Ella?s first time visiting an Academy, not just this new one. And she expressed no excitement, no motivation at all. Running down corridors now, Spike shoved a little youngling out of the way. Then he stopped.

?What are you doing here, kid?? the kid stopped, glancing from the corner of his eyes.

?I was just?um??

The two apprentices stepped into the domed room, both wide eyed and jittery. As they took their seats, Ella smoothed her robes. Spike laid a comforting hand on her shoulder. She shook it off angrily.

?Did you really have to throw the kid out in the ocean?? she asked, her eyes showing her furious attitude.

?The trooper was fishing ?em out. Hey, I see Coordinator Sithy! Man am I excited-?

?Shut it. The program has started.?

"Thank you all for coming. We are here to continue the great work of the previous Coordinator, Ktala, in providing a place for new roleplayers to learn how we do things on the Roleplaying Forums. Interested parties, be you roleplaying beginners, RP-ing veterans from elsewhere, or experienced players who wish to volunteer your services and share your wisdom; can visit and post here. Questions can be asked here, and the permanent teaching staff, comprising Ktala, Agent Nifesta and myself, will endeavor to answer them, though we do plan to encourage respected and experienced players to speak here as well. In terms of training areas to practice what you have learned, we have, thanks to LordTroepfchen, access to his unique Silent Cities of Courscant -?

?I?m in that,? Spike smiled, and Ella gave him a smack on the arm. He looked at her with a frown, but it dissolved as he turned back to the program.

?-to explore Harry Potter, Resident Evil, The Matrix, or whatever other franchise takes your fancy. Anything to add, Mitch?? From there on Spike lost interest. Then he heard about the Role Playing Resource link.

?Ever been to the Role Playing Resource?? Spike asked Ella, whose faced perked up at the question.

?No-?

?Well come on!? Spike tugged Ella down the corridors again until they reached their starfighters, ?Ever heard of Milliways? I doubt it. I went recently, but had to meet up with you.? Ella frowned as she started to load her starfighter. A drenched clone trooper and drenched little youngling climbed up on the platform.

?Won?t Master Trimaj be mad??

Spike answered that by racing off into space. Ella followed behind, but cast a worried look behind as she went on.

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Toshiko Sato, Agent Nifesta, Atlantis / RPF Academy

Tosh slid gingerly off the fuselage of the wondrous three-seater starfighter, that her armoured pilot had advised was an Incom-Subpro ARC-170 heavy reconnaissance fighter, without explaining what all that meant; they were just syllables to her at the moment!

Pausing to inhale a lungful of the fresh clean air, she wished that she could smell the fresh sea air.
    Unfortunately, when you have chased the predatory humanoid Weevils through the Cardiff sewers, your olfactory senses tended to take a bit of a holiday. Hers? had won big on the European Lottery, and had splashed out on a round-the-world cruise that would not have her smelling anything for a good long while. She still received postcards to show them posing against the Pyramids, or sporting garlands of flowers.

Tosh pulled the black attaché case that had sat upon her lap during the trip, after her, and stepped off the landing pad to be greeted by the tall, large shouldered humanoid, with two fat tentacles coming off his skull, wrapped over his shoulders like a fleshy scarf.

Are you the same species as the blue ones?! She wondered, reminded of the cobalt-skinned butler at Senator Tyren?s apartment.
    Despite that the politician had been murdered, and that she, along with everyone invited to attend, had been considered a suspect in the crime; there had been a very nice view of Galactic City from his opulent digs.

?Twi?leks, we?re called. And we come in many different colours? He responded readily, extending a large, pale white hand towards her. ?Agent Mitch Nifesta.?

?Toshiko Sato.? She replied with a smile, gripping the case handle with one hand, while shaking his cold palm with the other. The fact that he had read her mind, was not lost on her, but she said nothing, correctly deducing that if she had a problem with it, it would be ?tough titty?, quite frankly.

She allowed her eyes to wander as she released his hand, taking in more of the ocean base? dark metal and plastic exterior, through the transparent dome that protected the landing field from the elements. ?Lovely place you have here.?

?Thank you.? Being over a foot taller, and several hundred years older than his new colleague, Mitch had to restrain himself from ruffling her hair. ?We were not sure if the Iskalon government were going to give us planning permission, but it worked out alright in the end. So, can I see the case??

Toshiko handed it over, which her larger host turned to face him and snapped open, gazing at the three thin recording rods nestled securely in the dense black foam. ?Mm. LordTroepfchen?s first Force-related lecture, complete with markup; SithStarSlayer?s first article, complete with markup; and, unless I am very much mistaken, Professor Ramza?s seminal piece on-?

Though listening to Mitch?s running commentary, she found herself watching a kneeling clonetrooper wrapping a large striped bath towel around a drenched and shivering youngling, over by the safety railings. A growing pool of water round the lad?s dripping boots, rippled in the breeze.

?You are very much mistaken.? She told him, turning back to see the third rod light up his face.

The twi?lek glanced over the lid at her. ?A glowrod??

?It must get dark here. At night, for instance.?

He frowned. gesturing to the smooth, seamed material of the exterior walls. ?Yeah, we have lights for that. Never mind; I guess we can get Skiara to unlock the old thread if we need anything else.?

?Skiara.?

?Yeah. She?s what we call a moderator, or ?mod?, for short. Our Mod Squad are a collection of higher being that run things on theforce.net. She oversees the Welcome New Users forum. If players ever need to talk to one, they just click on the exotically coloured names near the top of any screen, a

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Random Roleplaying Tip 1 of 20

Know your weaponry.

Unseen energy fire blossomed under the snowspeeder?s port fin from point blank range, courtesy of an upwardly swivelled Taim & Bak KT6 heavy blaster cannon, flipping the exploding Rebel craft into the night sky as the former padawan turned and dove away from the orange, retina-frying fireball.

It might sound a bit train-spotterish, but I think it reads that much better when you can identify what type of weapon, be it blaster cannon or concussion missile, that you are using in a post, rather than generically saying that so-and-so fired their gun at the other guy.

For ships and vehicles, you can visit them on the Star Wars wikipedia [starwars.wikia.com], and there will generally be a table on the right of your selected entry, summarising known pieces of equipment, with names and stats.

Of course, different players have different levels of authenticity. Some go even further than me, and will know how many kilojoules of energy get expended per shot.

I think that is going a bit far, but remember that you are here to have fun, so pretty much write to the level that appeals to yourself, just as long as it meets the Board rules, is family friendly, and gives your fellow players enough information to work with and visualise what is going on.

6. Darth_Cadaverous

Darth_Cadaverous Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2008
    Darkness was his Ally and anger was his closes friend. The lone figure, after cleaning up and putting on fresh clothes, returned to the room and found it locked. He wanted to break it down, rip it from its hinges and throw it into someone. However, he happened upon the notice. "Hum... that is interesting."

Turning back, he headed for Dead Sun, his personal cruiser and set course for that planet. As they arrived, he was already seated in his sith figher, called Nightstreak. He landed the fighter very close to the others, and opened the hatch. Looking at the water, he wondered how many bodies wear down below from falling off the peer. He made his way into the building and followed his senses to the others.

Without knocking, he went inside and annouced himself. "I am Darth Cadaverous, Dark Rogue of the Sith. I am here to gather your pain and fear, Whelps!" Then he looked up and saw Sith-I-5. "Opps, sorry sir," and started to laugh.

======================
    Yes, it is I, the worse role player around.. =D= I am here at your disposal, Sithie lol. I am still looking IBOP, so it maybe a while. ;)

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sith-I-5

Sithy was pacing across his new office, working through his long promised response to LordT?s Force User lecture, when the comlink on his desk warbled for attention, followed by the voice of the new intern, Toshiko, presumably calling from her own office near the main landing pad.

?Sir, starfighter approaching. Nightstreak-class.?

Sith-I-5 had an idea who that could be, and was glad for the prospect of activity. ?Permit Skyw-, uh, Cadaverous to land, and-? He quickly checked the row of screens over the desk to ensure that Mitch was not in the main hall where the Inauguration Party was still going on, then, ?make sure he finds his way to the Main Hall.?

?Sir.?

The line went dead, but Sithy was already gone, tearing down the stairs and across the huge ocean-based facility, into the building containing the main study hall, and instantly slowed as he reached the double doors, not wanting the party guests to see him looking harried and dishevelled.
    This was his academy now; he had to set an example.

Straightening himself, breathing deeply, Sith-I-5 breezed through the double doors, and moved awkwardly between the crowd and the blue twi?lek pole dancers.

An dread voice followed him through the doors: ?I am Darth Cadaverous, Dark Rogue of the Sith. I am here to gather your pain and fear, Whelps!?

Suppressing an involuntary shudder, Sithy joined his guests in looking politely towards the newcomer.

? Opps, sorry sir!? The Dark Rogue began to laugh.

Sith-I-5 grabbed two flutes of champagne off the nearest waiter, and handed one over to the sith.

?DC! Glad you could make it!? He grinned at the dark rogue, and gestured with a glass to the aquamarine walls and gold fittings left over from the previous owner. ?So what do you think of the new digs? And tell me about this new game that you are co-GM?ing for.?

That?s cool, [b]DC[/b]. Let me know if you think of anything I should be covering here.
    And expect to get a character sheet off me for [i]Forces[/i]!

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    "He went ...WHERE?!!" Ktala asked the holodroid, when he gave her the invitation to Sith-I-5's new place for the Academy..

She shook her head, and began to laugh softly. Oh yes, she had heard about what he wanted to do..but she never thought he would actually do it. Oh yes, she always wanted a ocean view..

... just not quite what she picture.

---

A few hours later found her on a skimmer, heading down towards a very strange looking, slightly reminiscant of a James Bond type of structure. As she reached the landing pad, she knew she was fashionably late. She wasnt here for the main intro and such. She just wanted a good look around, before she began to bring in her books and such.

She wandered around for a bit, checking out the maps along the way until she found her office.

"Hmmm...Nice!" It would be a heck of a time to find out if she got seasick or not.

The sounds of glasses clinking, and small talk peeked her curiosity. She stepped out from her new office, and headed for the sounds of a growing party.

She hears Darth Cadaverous voice...

"I am Darth Cadaverous, Dark Rogue of the Sith. I am here to gather your pain and fear, Whelps!" She reached the door just in time to see Sith-I-5 walk up to Darth Cadaverous and began to laugh.

She smiled. Oh yes, this could get quite interesting. Shrugging off her cloak, she entered the main hall.

"So boys...is this a private party, or can anyone join in?" she asked with a chuckle.

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sith-I-5

The double doors behind the Sith Rogue had barely stopped moving, when they opened again, revealing Ktala's welcome form.

"So boys...is this a private party, or can anyone join in?" She chuckled.

"Hey there! Glad you could make it." Sithy greeted, arms wide to deliver a platonic hug. "May I first say that your lecture on How to stay in character.. And Why it is important- was great, and for me, it was good to be reminded of that kind of information. Now, did you see your new office?"

An attentive waiter in a white tuxedo, swept in bearing a fizzy champagne flute on a silver platter. "A drink, Miss? And, may I take your cloak?"

Y'know, I should probably send out invites to this gathering...

10. Darth_Cadaverous

Darth_Cadaverous Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2008
    Darth Cadaverous

Sith-I walked up to the dark clad figure and spoke and handed him a drink. As he took it, he placed it back on another waiter's tray. "Sorry, don't drink." He smiled and continued, though before he could start again, a young lady strode up that he recognized, it was Ktala, the first role-playing coordinator.

"So boys...is this a private party, or can anyone join in?" She chuckled.

"Hey there! Glad you could make it." Sithy greeted, arms wide to deliver a platonic hug. "May I first say that your lecture on How to stay in character.. And Why it is important- was great, and for me, it was good to be reminded of that kind of information. Now, did you see your new office?"

DC, nodded his head and listened.

OOC: Post more later... Sithy, I will PM u more about the game, Forces.

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala

"Hey there! Glad you could make it." Sithy greeted, arms wide to deliver a platonic hug. She gave him a hug, as she smiled to the both of them, nodding. "May I first say that your lecture on How to stay in character.. And Why it is important- was great, and for me, it was good to be reminded of that kind of information. Now, did you see your new office?"

She laughed softly. "Glad you found it informative. And yes, I DID see my office. I have a feeling my windows are NOT going to be used much." She replied with a smirk.

An attentive waiter in a white tuxedo, swept in bearing a fizzy champagne flute on a silver platter. "A drink, Miss? And, may I take your cloak?" With a spin, Ktala delicately took to flute from the silver platter. "Thank you. The cloak I'll keep."

She muttered softly, not letting the words past that escape.

"Y'know, I should probably send out invites to this gathering..." Sithy continued. DC, nodded his head and listened.

Ktala turned towards DC.

"So, How do you like the new digs?" she asked him as she took a sip from the flute. It was quite nice. She looked around them.

"Tell them its a party." she spoke to Sithy once more. She took another tiny sip. As she strolled over, to look out the windows in the main hall room, she slipped a tiny pill into her mouth. Looking out into the water, she simply shook her head and smiled.

"So...where are the lectures to be held? I have a few more rattling around in my head..." she added as she walked back over towards the pair.

TAG: Y'all

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sith-I-5

On seeing the Sith Rogue refuse the champagne, a sense of solidarity forced Sith-I-5 to add his own untouched glass to the waiter?s polished tray.

?Sorry. I did not know.? He turned to the waiter. ?Do we have anything non-alcoholic??

The waiter appeared consider. ?Well, we did import a fruit milkshake specialist from an exotic little eatery in Tooting, sir.? He looked pointedly at Darth Cadaverous: ?If Sirs would like to suggest a reasonably-sized fruit from any reality, I am sure we can rustle something up.?

Sithy nodded, understanding that the caveat discounted the famous peach from James and the Giant-'. ?I'll have the mango flavour. DC??

Behind him, Ktala had gracefully relieved the waiter of the third glass, and sipped at her champagne, as she addressed her fellow instructor: ?[color=royal blue]How do you like the new digs?[/color]"

?[color=royal blue]Tell them its a party.[/color]" she spoke to Sithy once more, then headed to the tall panoramic windows.

Waiting for DC to answer, I-5 watched her silently show her appreciation of their new location.

?[color=royal blue]So...where are the lectures to be held? I have a few more rattling around in my head...[/color]" she added as she walked back over towards the pair.

?In here.? I-5 indicated the packed room. ?The previous owner used it as an extravagant dining room. We have also identified a massive area downstairs with a huge setup for tracking submarines. Mister Stromberg had some 'world domination' vibe going on. We have contractors ripping that out, so that we can track the two game forums.?

Academy Reception

Behind her desk, opposite the un-activated stargate, Toshiko suddenly noticed the abbreviated pile of rectangular white cards, party invites, to be PMed to other members of the RPF.
    Glancing at the front of one, she saw the curly-scripted word gathering fade, to be replaced by the words, launch party.

This was oddly the most comfortable she had been since Dimensions Collide. No full on action here, just yet.
    A time piece on her computer screen measured the much faster RL (Real Life) time, so that she knew an RL week had passed since she accompanied Agent Nifesta to the party, but the golden liquid of her champagne still fizzed slightly within the delicate glass stationed next to her keyboard, the rose crescent formed by her lipstick still marking the rim.

She had kicked off her shoes under the desk, and, well this was unexpected, the conform lounger technology of her chair, reshaped itself round the sidearm tucked into her waistband, so that it did not dig into her back.

Now. To these PMs...

13. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Xany

Xany surveyed the Academy's new digs with a grin. Very nice - very nice indeed! Sithy had outdone himself this time.

But where was the man himself? Ah - over there, talking to Ktala. She trotted over, her booted feet clicking softly on the flooring.

"Sithy, Ktala!" Xany greeted, coming up to greet them. She snagged a champagne flute from a passing waiter and raised it in a toast. "I love what you've done with the place. My compliments."

14. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Ghost of Skiara

A light shiver flows through the room, touching everyone lightly and a weirdly unknown known voices whispers:

"I can just second Xany!"

...and suddenly the strange feeling was gone again.

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sith-I-5

Sithy noticed the green moderator glow in his peripheral vision before he spotted the raven-haired DarthXan turn up before them, relieving a waiter?s tray of one of it?s glasses.

?Sithy, Ktala!? She greeted, joining the elite circle, starting to raise her champagne in what the Coordinator and the waiting, uh, waiter, took to be a possible toast.

?I will be back momentarily, sir.? The white-jacketed attendant leaned in to confide. There was a muted sonic boom, then, ?Back.?
    The tray being held no longer carried his and DC?s champagne, but a tapered tumbler of thicker glass, filled with foam-topped viscous yellow liquid.

Sithy knew that it would taste better than it looked, and raised it as DarthXan raised hers. ?I love what you've done with the place.? She said. ?My compliments.?

The Coordinator smiled at the show of appreciation from a mod?, no less. He clearly did not pay Agent Nifesta enough, he thought.

?Thank you, Xan.? He smiled, clinking his glass on hers, and taking a sip. ?So nice of you to say. However, Mitch did most of it.?
    He frowned as the temperature dropped perceptibly, and his breath was momentarily visible, like on Sixth Sense when a ghost had entered the kid's room. ?What -??

?I can just second Xany!? A voice said nearby, but there was no-one to be seen.

?Oh come on. Don?t be haunted;" he moaned to himself. "not in the middle of the ocean! We need some music, kick this up a gear.?

Someone must have heard, for the repeater screen over the back wall flickered into vibrant life.

"Ah. That's better."

[face_applause] Great to 'see' you both! [face_grin]

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Toshiko Sato

Tosh was seated behind her desk, the strange fluid-like black and blue shapes on her large monitors flowing round each other as a consistent sign that the database was still online.

Some old piece of music that her boss had dug up, was playing from the computer. Essential Techno, apparently, she ?air-quoted? to herself as she listened.

A flash of light from the left of her screen drew her surprised gaze, to see a man in black and white armour clutching the wrist of a chubby woman in a baggy grey one-piece.
    They had not been there before, so she assumed they had just teleported in.

That was fine by her; she had seen stranger things working for Torchwood.

Tosh stood and laid two sheets of paper, and two pens on the counter-top.
    ?Welcome to RPF Adoptions.? She greeted brightly, noticing that the woman was putting on a great show of being scared out of her wits! ?Just put your name down please, and let us know how we can help you.?

:)

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala

Steps out from a darkened corner, and looks around.

*hears crickets*

Oh my, this will not do. Not at all.

She continues on her way, knocking over an occasional tumbleweed.

wait..they are on the ocean...some ocean. Can there even BE any tumbleweeds?

Hmm. I guess their CAN be!

Walks until she find Sith.

"Do we need to do another class?
    Or perhaps a tiny game?"

She smiled darkly..

"Or shall I simply head out, and grab a few folks, and drag them back, kicking and screaming?" hehehe.. "Im rather partial to that one."

She gives a nod. Ahh..the Summertime drought. Usually, Imperial_Hammer would try to drum something up. Or at least mention it. With DRL and School about to hit soon, we shall have a few moments left.

So..

ANY IDEAS FOLKS. Before I start climbing the ole soap box once more?

[face_thinking]

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Toshiko Sato

The weekend was over, and Toshiko was back from Milliways: The Restuarant at the End of the Universe.

She wandered into the main hall, to see how the party was progressing, and pushed through the double doors to find the space almost empty of beings.

Instead, a lot of the usual after-party detritus ? crushed plastic glasses, spilt drinks, colourful paper, paper plates with speared sausages.

She recognised Ktala standing over a reclining Sith-I-5, draped over the stuffed arm of a Roman-style casting couch, his eyes closed, mouth agape, and a third-full plastic cup finely balanced on his upturned chest, the fluid wobbling slightly as he breathed softly.

Oblivious to the state of her RPF Adoptions boss, Ktala was addressing him: ?Do we need to do another class? Or perhaps a tiny game? Or shall I simply head out, and grab a few folks, and drag them back, kicking and screaming?" hehehe.. "Im rather partial to that one.?

?Or, you could get some coffee in him.? Tosh? interrupted from the door. ?While I grab a bin-liner, and clean some of this stuff up.?

Tag: Ktala

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala tried hard not to giggle, as she stood over a reclining Sith-I-5, draped over the stuffed arm of a Roman-style casting couch, his eyes closed, mouth agape, and a third-full plastic cup finely balanced on his upturned chest, the fluid wobbling slightly as he breathed softly.

?Do we need to do another class? Or perhaps a tiny game? Or shall I simply head out, and grab a few folks, and drag them back, kicking and screaming?" hehehe.. "Im rather partial to that one.?

Another voice interrupted her question. One of Saints many workers.

?Or, you could get some coffee in him.? Tosh? interrupted from the door. ?While I grab a bin-liner, and clean some of this stuff up.?

Ktala looked over at the person speaking from the door, and then back at Sith-I-5. "What? Get some coffee into him? He dosent have a auto drip installed?" she asked, shaking her head slightly. "No wonder he's in such a state." Ktala laughed softly.

Ktala looked around his office, gently tipping around the fallen over items, until she located the coffee pot. She began making some coffee.

"You better appreciate this. I dont do this for just ANYBODY.." she said with a smirk, as she waited for the brew to signal its readiness. With all the sounds, she was sure that eventually, Sith-I-5 would be hearing it soon enough.

She made the pot extra strong, and poured him a large cup that she managed to find in the office. She then waved it under his nose, to see if she could illicit a pulse...

Tag: Sith-I-5

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Random Roleplaying Tip 2 of 20

Relaxing, chillin? and shooting the breeze.

Just like in real life, your characters cannot be on the go, 24/7 (or number of hours in a day/days in a week relevant to your chosen world or location, because not every planet will have a 24 hour day).

You occasionally sit and chat with friends, relatives, acquaintances; and that happens in the RP worlds too. You can deliberately find time to relax at home, or the act might be forced upon you by interstellar travel, eg. within the Millennium Falcon?s passenger lounge while Han Solo charges through to the gun turrets; or perhaps to pass Real Life time whilst waiting for your fellow players to respond to their tags.

This is your opportunity to add some richness and depth to your characters, their location, and any situations going on either in the here and now, or elsewhere in the game.

In the following example, friends and colleagues are coming to the end of a night shift, and just discussing the events of the galaxy. Read through once for the flavour, then again carefully, and see if you can spot examples of where you can add to your own writings.

IC: Knight Elvio Presli, Knight/Agent Johmer Evanson, Agent Devon Robie, Master Whie, bridge of the ?jedi cruiser?, Haven.

The rodian jedi, Presli, listened intently as Johmer Evanson broached his idea to use their ship?s communications system to contact all jedi locator beacons in the galaxy, and then listened to Master Whie and Agent Robie alternately take the mickey, or give technical advice.

Then he put his two credits in. ?The idea has merit, Agent.? He said first, using positive reinforcement on the one-handed jedi, who had lost the other in an argument with General Grevious? daughter, Morcia.
    ?However, Master Yoda?s mandate was that the Haven not be exposed to any danger, so you will have to find a way that does not involve us broadcasting from here.?

The yellow-haired knight opened his mouth to counter the other, but subsided first, realising that his peer was right.
    This was the only home that this part of the Order had now, and that was all it was meant to be; the ultimate fallback position. Things could go wrong for the jedi elsewhere in the galaxy, but this was where they could run to for shelter. For that to happen though, it had to remain safe and secure.

And to be honest, security on Dagobah had been a joke even before he and Alpha, a rare Grand Army of the Republic clone trooper who had defied Order 66, had gone to the CIS to hammer out a truce on behalf of the Jedi.

?I will think more about it.? He allowed.

Devon spoke up. ?Before we continue. Master Whie, any more news out of Coruscant? Did the Chosen One make the finals of Athosian Pop Idol as well as becoming Emperor??

?Not much out of Coruscant. Although I can tell you that right now would be the wrong time to invade.?

?Oh darn.? The Secret Galactic Intelligence Service agent somehow managed to make his snout look like a grimace. ?And I had that stylussed in, as well. So what?s the matter; is it raining??

?They have raised the planetary shields. Only aid transports are getting through to the surface.?

?Surely we trained Skywalker better than that. Not to cut off the capitol?s commercial interests within five minutes of taking office. Not even during the days of the Clone Wars, did we ever have to raise them.?

Whie stretched his arms up towards the ceiling, and interlocked his fingers behind his head. ?No-one lobbed a concussion missile into the Senate, during the Clone Wars.? His tone held no disapproval towards the culprit of that act. To his mind, the Senate had been in full approval when the then Supreme Chancellor Palpatine had announced his intention to hunt down every stinking jedi.

?Was Vader there?? Devon ventured carefully, a dark thought occurring to him. ?At the Senate Building??

Whie nodded. ?Acc

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sith-I-5

Initially no response from the supine Coordinator, abruptly his nostrils flared, and there was the tangible sense of determined inhalation, as evidenced by the cup on his chest leaning dangerously towards them.

The gaping mouth closed, then "Ah, a large Fairtrade Americano, with Milk, please, and maybe one of those-" His eyes snapped open, and I-5 took in the welcome sight of Ktala. His gaze went from her to the proffered coffee, and then back to her smiling face.

"Ktala. Should I be reading something into this?"

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala

Ktala held back an urge to gigle when Sith's nostrils abruptly flared, followed by such a strong inhalation, that she was sure he was about to snort the coffee completely from its container. She smiled.

The gaping mouth closed, then started speaking... "Ah, a large Fairtrade Americano, with Milk, please, and maybe one of those-" As his eyes snapped open Ktala gave a small laugh. I-5 looked from her to the proffered coffee, and then back to her smiling face.

"Ktala. Should I be reading something into this?"

Ktala have a wider smile.

"Not unless you plan on inhaling that coffee." she replied sweetly, as she held out a small tray offering cream, milk and different types of sweetners.

She gently put the platter down next to him. "I dont do this for everyone." She looked around the room. "Looks like you had one heck of a party. I think there are still remains of a few folks staggered around the place. Lucky for me, I keep a locked door." Ktala chuckled as she waited for him to fix a cup of coffee, while she poured another for herself.

"I met one of your ... assistants, when I came in to check on you. Charming." she stated as she slowly stirred her coffee. She dropped in a tiny pill, and then took a small sip. "Ahh..quite nice. As always of course." Ktala found a seat, kicking away the .. stuff.. on top and gently sitting down.

"So. What do you plan to do next?" she asked him, chuckling softly as she sipped her warm drink.

Tag: Sith-I-5, Anyone else

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    I truly enjoyed your Random tip #2.

Not everything in a game is about the explosions, the massive destruction, and the like. What makes a good game, is the things that happen in the between time. How your characters interact.. *or not*..with each other.

Flashbacks, simple chatting, all do great things to explain the inner workings of your characters. To prove that your Sith is some mindless twit, who thinks all it takes to be something great, is to choke a few folks, while causing explosions all around. All characters, even bad ones have some sort of motivation. Something that drives them. A bit of down time allows the readers to explore those motivations, and how the characters react to one another.

So, always take a chance find places to explore character growth. Even if its something silly. It gives the reader a chance to know now about your characters.

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sith-I-5, Toshiko

Sithy looked up into Ktala?s wide smile, and realised he had made a good choice, giving her an office on the base.

"Not unless you plan on inhaling that coffee." she replied sweetly, as she held out a small tray offering cream, milk and different types of sweeteners.

She gently put the platter down next to him. "I don?t do this for everyone."

?Well, it is very much appreciated,? Sith admitted gratefully, ?along with seeing that smile of yours upon waking.?

She looked around the room. "Looks like you had one heck of a party. I think there are still remains of a few folks staggered around the place. Lucky for me, I keep a locked door." Ktala chuckled as she waited for him to fix a cup of coffee, while she poured another for herself.

"I met one of your ... assistants, when I came in to check on you. Charming." she stated as she slowly stirred her coffee.

Sith did not even know yet what day it was, so could not guess which of his people, no, their people, she might be talking about..
    If she had testily referenced Darth Cadaverous and a dustpan and brush in the same sentence, then he would have guessed she meant Agent Nifesta, and that the psi-powered twi?lek had worked out where his next meal was coming from, but she seemed quite amused as she took a sip of her own beverage.

"Ahh..quite nice. As always of course." Ktala found a seat, kicking away the .. stuff.. on top and gently sitting down.

"So. What do you plan to do next?" she asked him, chuckling softly as she sipped her warm drink.

?This.? Carefully laying where he was, the roleplayer reached up to remove the cup of stale beer from his chest, holding it aloft as he slowly wased himself up, swinging his legs down so that he faced Ktala across the coffee set-up.
    ?Thanks for this; much appreciated.?

He poured some milk into the fragrant black liquid, proper milk, not that blue SW nonsense. He liked the Saga as much as the next fan, but blue milk? Not his bag.

He looked earnestly up at her.
    ?So, Ktala. you mentioned a ?small game?. I had an idea for one, or at least a training game, but who would we get to play it? Nobody around, and nobody knocking on our door.? He held up a finger, ?I am helping one person though, kid called Grayaus. But he wants to GM rather than roleplay. That The Star Wars Doctor on the RPF is his, and I tell you, his intro there, is a considerable improvement on his first game attempt on the Non-SW forum. Take a look.?

Blowing on the surface of the coffee, Sithy took a careful sip of the hot beverage.

?There is something I want to do, but I don?t know if our GMs will wear it, er, go along with it, because it is quite intrusive. With individual permission from them, I would like to temporarily insert one of our Adoption staff members, Toshiko perhaps, into their game for a few posts, to have a look around In Character, and then return here to give kind of an insider?s report on the game. Sort of a different spin on simply advertising games. Alternatively, players? characters, or GMs? characters could come here, give us a rundown. What do you think to that idea??

A voice that was recognizably Toshiko?s, from Reception, came over the public address system: ?Sir, your Four O?Clock is here.?

Sithy grinned. ?How is that for organisation; I actually have appointments.? He looked up. ?Send Miss Yamamoto up, Tosh.?

?Yes, sir.?

Looking back at Ktala, he expanded on their visitor: ?She?s a human scientist in cdgodin?s new AvP: Alien vs Predator game on our Non-Star Wars Role Playing Forum. I?m hoping she can give us a rundown on the game before she gets tagged and has to beam back.?

Sithy reached un

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sith-I-5 and Yakamura Misake talk AvP: Alien versus Predator

Sithy was interrupted from showing of the wrist devices by a third person materialising into the room with the briefest flash of light.

"Oh that was rough." The new arrival coughed, then looked up and bowed upon seeing him. "Konichiwa. I don't have much time, so can we get on with this?"

The beautiful Japanese woman was dark-haired, her slim hourglass body swathed from shoulders to ankles in a thin but colourful robe of rich-looking silk, depicting a red dragon against a monochrome landscape of waterfalls, unhealthy - to him - trees and isolated pagodas.

"Did we get you out of bed?" Sithy knew very well what he had gotten her out of, seeing as she was one of his characters. In his heart of hearts, he still felt he should have named her "Reiko", but the name website he had Googled had indicated the ?ko suffix naming convention had fallen out of fashion. Oh well.

"Yes. I just sent Scott out for some ice cream, so we have not got long; what do you need?"

"Sit down, please. Tell us about AvP. Coffee?"

He watched her round the couch, tuck her robe under her as she sat, making sure she was presentable.
    "The game is called AvP: Alien versus Predator, over on your Non-Star Wars Role Playing Forum.
    Players can portray humans (marines or scientists); Aliens (facehuggers, chestbursters, etcetera); or the Yautja, as the Predator race refer to themselves.

The setting is X327, a planet set to be colonised by a human expedition, which at the moment is onboard an orbiting space station.
    The planet, lets see if I remember the blurb, is a rocky world with many underground caverns. Inside one of the largest of these caverns lies the nest of a Xenomorph - also known as Alien - hive. These creatures rule this planet in peace. That is until a Drone sent by the humans to learn more about the planet lands on the surface and disrupts the Alien hive.
    ?

"Oh, that clearly isn't going to end well." Sithy quipped, then noticed Misake stare at him. "Sorry, please continue."

?The Predators have been watching this part of the system since the humans took up residence here. They have been watching and learning. They have come to the decision that humans are greedy, and corrupt. Three young Predators have been chosen to leave their homeworld and travel to the human colony to participate in a sacred right of passage.

Three species, one solar system. Who shall win?
    ?

?The ones with the pulse rifles, one would think. Sorry, was that rhetorical?? Blimey, she had a glare on her! ?Okay, do you have any words for roleplayers reading this??

"Well, we have only just started, so new players are more than welcome. Just visit the first page, here to see the character sheet template, and complete that, then PM it to cdgodin, who is one of the two Games Masters. I think he and Mister_Master came up with the idea together."

Sithy turned to his colleague. "So, Ktala, any questions or observations for Misake-san?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.