main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Academy [I-5] - *The NEW Role Playing Forum (RPF) Adoption's Program*

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Sith-I-5, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala

As Sithy showed Ktala the interesting wrist devices, there was a flash as another being materialised into the room with the briefest flash of light.

"Oh that was rough." The new arrival coughed, then looked up and bowed upon seeing him. "Konichiwa. I don't have much time, so can we get on with this?"

Ktala looked over much intrigued. She rather liked this idea. Quite impressed.

She began to think on who she might be able to come by for a visit, as she listened to the young woman's story. At the end, Sithy turned towards her. "So, Ktala, any questions or observations for Misake-san?"

Ktala shook her head. "No, not really. I was looking at the game myself. It looked quite interesting. So far, it seems to be doing really well. Be nice to see a few more folks." Ktala smiled.

"And, if you dont mind, once you're finished here, Im going to my office for a moment. I think I DO have idea for someone to come and do a visit."

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sithy and Yakamura Misake

Ktala shook her head. "No, not really. I was looking at the game myself. It looked quite interesting. So far, it seems to be doing really well. Be nice to see a few more folks." She smiled.

"And, if you don?t mind, once you're finished here, I?m going to my office for a moment. I think I DO have idea for someone to come and do a visit."

?Okay, that?s cool.? I-5 turned back towards Misake. ?Thank you very much, er, Arigato-desu, for coming. Hope you can get back into the game without anyone being the wiser.?
    The Coordinator stood and gave the character a bow of respect, which she returned.

Then she activated her wrist device, and disappeared in a flash of light.

3. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    OOC: I'm a bit nervous.

IC: MasterJoy
    A four feet eight inch tall female human with short, curly red hair, green eyes, white skin,and wearing Jedi robes entered the Reception area of the RPF Academy. She walked around a bit, just exploring the place. Then the Jedi went to the desk to ask for assistance.
    Seeing a woman there, she said, "Hello, I am MasterJoy from the "Forces" role playing game in the "Star Wars Role Playing Forum," and I heard about this academy, so I have come to join. What do i need to do?"

TAG: Toshiko Sato

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Toshiko Sato

Nice woman, Tosh thought as she waved fairwell to the visitor from the Alien versus Predator game.
    And a bit of a break from the inactivity of the recent weeks since the opening party.

She hoped it wasn?t the change from RPF City to the seas of Iskalon, that had caused the drop in attendance.
    With the Chappa?ai stargate, transmat, and the landing pad for visiting starships and speeders, it should not be that hard for people to get here.

?Tosh, you there?? Ah, that would be that huge Twi?lek, Mitch, down in the basement, monitoring the forums on huge screens. His disembodied voice emanated from a speaker on her counter, below the fluid-like blue and black pattern on her monitor

?Yeah, Mitch? What?s up??

?There has been updates on AvP, and MOLP posted in Star Wars: Final Resurrection.? The voice reported. ?Do you want me to bring the transcripts up, or send them via the internal email??

Actually, she could do with the company.

?Hello, I am MasterJoy, from the ?Forces? role playing game in the Star Wars Role Playing Forum, and I have heard about this academy, so I have come to join. What do I need to do??

Tosh had to stand to see the speaker, another woman, just shorter than five feet high, red curly hair, green eyes....she did not look like she would tan well. Then the ex-Torchwood operative noticed her visitor?s jedi robes.

?Uh, Mitch, better send it by email. Don?t come up, yet.?

?Why ever not? I thought you liked my company!? Their Head of Security sounded miffed, but she could hardly tell him that she had a Force Sensetive, a class of people he regarded as the equivalent of a Happy Meal, minus the toy.

"I do like your company, Mitch. But, er, we have a reactor leak, large leak, very dangerous!" She smiled at Masterjoy throughout, hoping not to scare her off.

?I have seen STAR W-?

?Boring conversation anyway." She had flipped the comlink off, and beamed down at the newcomer: "Masterjoy, ah, yes! We were told to expect you. Welcome to the RPF Academy. My name is Toshiko. Sorry, let me just get you an application form.? The receptionist handed over the form, along with a pen. "Forces, eh?? Tosh blew a strand of black hair out of her face, and gave Masterjoy a contemplative look. "Do you have a link to your game? I can program it into the stargate there," She indicated the huge stone circle behind the jedi, "so people can get to your game easily."

Tag: Masterjoy, Ktala

5. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005

The Jedi Grand Master smiled, taking the pen and form, and answering in a cheeful tone of voice, "Yes, I have a link for you.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=30981471

I will fill out this form, and return shortly.
    She found a chair, and sat down. After completing the form, she gracefully walked up to the desk and held the pen and paper out to Toshiko.
    "All finished," the Jedi said with a grin. "Thank you for allowing me to borrow that pen." The Jedi leader wondered what else she would have to do, if anything.

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Toshiko Sato

"All finished. Thank you for allowing me to borrow that pen."

Tosh leaned over the counter to take the application formand pen back.

"Thank you, Master." She said politely. "Now, did you have any idea what sort of article you would like to write for our students, or..." She paused. "In fact, Master, in what way were you hoping to get involved?"

The receptionist sank back into her seat, and prepared to sign out one of the wrist-worn teleport devices, for the jedi to wear. She set the first coordinates to take the new member of staff straight to Sith-I-5's office.

Toshiko pushed her chair back and stepped round to Masterjoy's side of the counter, dropping to one knee before the jedi.

"Okay," She proffered the vortex manipulator. "if you put this on, and press the green and then the red button, it will take you directly to Sithy's office. I will stay here and program your game co-ords into the DHD."

She looked at the jedi, waiting for her to take or refuse the transport device.

Tag: Masterjoy

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    "How did you know we were here? Did we miss a Probe Droid?"

When roleplaying, and certainly when GMing, it is always a good idea to keep abreast of what is going on, especially if it affects your characters.

The title comes from me in Master of Les Pauls' wonderful Star Wars: Final Resurrection game, set one month after a Battle of Endor where the second Death Star did not get destroyed. It certainly lost its No Claim Bonus, but that is another story.

My Captain Che'att, a Rybet officer, is at a secret Alliance base when a several-kilometre Echani warship slides into orbit.

Hello, I think.

It is traditional within TFN roleplay, that your characters do not share the same knowledge and thoughts as the player, but I am watching this occur, and thinking, 'WTF?' my characters are definitely thinking it also.

[face_laugh]

Turns out the GM and the Echani player sorted all this out by PMs, but being too close to the subject, clearly did not consider that other observers might be a tad concerned.

This can be a moment when a game comes alive, gets some spontaneity

The Echani, played to great effect by Kahn_Iceay, and MOLP/b]'s Alliance High Command, think their arrival can be sorted by a simple "We're here!" / "Oh hey, how was your trip?" exchange, but this is roleplay; nothing is ever that simple.

So, my Che'att has stepped up to ask the obvious, and Kahn_Iceay has had to think on his feet, and is included in my response below:

IC: Captain Che'att, monitoring section.
    Location Telos IV Base

"Telos Base, this is Captain Tanka Hyorri, Executive Officer of the Spirit of Eshan. The answer to your question is quite simple. Telos is very important to our people. Yusanis, one of our greatest and most legendary generals, five of his six daughters lost their lives here, not long after the Jedi Civil War thousands of years ago. Ever since then the Echani have held this planet as a place of importance in our history. Its common for Echani to make visits to this world, to walk the surface of a world where one of our greatest lines came to an end. Recently, one of our transport ships returned, and we learned of the gathering of Alliance ships. We were originally, going to send out envoys. But We chose to come ourselves." There was a tangible pause that he assumed was being used for her to draw breath, or sip from a glass of water, and she probably needed to after that speech. "Does that answer your inquiry?"

The Rybet absorbed the Echani's response with growing horror, and, and a new emotion for him at least. Keen embarrassment.

To learn that your security had missed a probot would have smarted, sure, but to miss a whole fragging transport ship?!
    Even though an Imperial probe droid had been the downfall of Hoth base, it hadn't gone un-noticed, getting a snowspeeder, a wookiee, and General Han "I didn't hit it that hard" Solo up it's choob in rather short order.

Telos' security, meanwhile, had apparently missed a fragging transport ship.

"Thank you, Captain." He did not identify himself as one captain to another. They were no longer on equal footings after the scale of his sides' screw-up had been revealed.

"Wow. It was lucky you fr-" Che'att stopped himself. It wasn't their fault up there. Best to put a cheerful spin on it. "Uh, it was lucky you turned up in a seven-point-two kilometre battlecruiser, eh? Otherwise we may not have seen you." Then a thought occurred. One that would be the final vibro-nail in the coffin, if the slitch said 'yes', and offered to show him her holiday snaps. "Tell me you didn't get out and go for a walk!"

He meant that "you" to refer to any member of her race that had been on the pilgrimage.

Even with their patrols to the edge of

8. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005

The Jedi Grand Master reached out and took the transport device from Toshiko.
    "Thank you," she said in musical and cheerful tones with a smile. Then she thought for a moment before responding to Tosh's question about her involvement in the academy, and her article.

"I would like to write about the things I have learned as both a role player and a GM. It may be lengthy, so I will just take the article one section at a time. As for my involvement in this academy, I am not exactly sure. I guess that will be up to Sithy."

MasterJoy was looking forward to meeting with Sithy, and talking with him.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Miralia Tarvon

The newest Jedi Padawan of MasterJoy, who hailed from Chandrilla was Miralia Tarvon. She eyed the large reception area and came up to the reception desk, behind which sat a lady with lovely exotic features and a nameplate that read "Toshiko Sato."

"Good morning. I'm a new arrival in the Star Wars Forces game under MasterJoy and would like to join the Academy. I want to enhance my character and contribute to the flow of the action without stepping on the toes of other players or breaking any rules." She grinned shyly. "What do I need to join? I believe if possible, I'd really appreciate a personal mentor."

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Toshiko Sato, Sith-I-5

Tosh looked over as someone else turned up.

"I would like to write about the things I have learned as both a role player and a GM. It may be lengthy, so I will just take the article one section at a time. As for my involvement in this academy, I am not exactly sure. I guess that will be up to Sithy."

Toshiko blinked. She had expected Masterjoy to use her new vortex manipulator to beam directly to the Coordinator's office, like the guest character from Aliens versus Predator had done. As it was, she would have to go to Plan B.

She pressed the button linking her voice pickup directly to his part of the base. "Sir, please report to Reception. Masterjoy has applied to be a member of staff, and is waiting to see you." She looked across to her new colleague. "Your involvement will really depend on when we get some roleplaying students again."

"Good morning. I'm a new arrival in the Star Wars Forces game under MasterJoy and would like to join the Academy."

Tosh looked over at Miralia Tarvon's entrance. "Talk of the Deffel." She muttered, then a bit louder: "Morning!".

"I want to enhance my character and contribute to the flow of the action without stepping on the toes of other players or breaking any rules." She grinned shyly. "What do I need to join? I believe if possible, I'd really appreciate a personal mentor."

Just then, Sith-I-5, the current Coordinator of the RPF Adoptions initiative, entered Reception. "Ah, Masterjoy, Miralia, welcome to RPF Academy. I hope your journeys in were not too arduous." He looked towards the new student. "Miralia, please can you post your Forces character sheet in this thread, and also tell us what background traits related to your Chandrila homeworld, you have been able to use in the game so far? That, I find, is one way to give your character some depth." He looked across at Toshiko, who was still standing behind her counter.

"Tosh."

"Boss?"

"Dial up that Pillow-fighting Thread on the old stargate, will you, please? I want to toss a pillow through, y'know, just to show willing."

"Sir." She sat, and pulled her chair close up to her keyboard, where she tapped in a macro programme she had created, to dial *Official* Pillow Fight v15.0 The Reign of King Arthur: The Knights of the Round Pillow with the minimum effort. Feth, that was a long name.

Behind the visitors, the huge stone ring, set against the back wall, made periodical metallic chunk sounds as chevrons (ornate dialing addresses) were encoded, the inner ring spun clockwise or anti-, and the chevrons locked, coded, and lit up. White vapour of some sort emitted from the base of the ring, instantly dissipating.

WHOOOSH! The stargate activated with a water-like fountain of special effects that blossomed into Reception horizontally a few metres, then fell back into the 'gate to form a vertical puddle of water-like energy within the confines of the stone circle.

Tosh and Sith-I-5 spotted the health and safety concerns instantly, aware that if either of the two visitors had been caught in that energy fountain, they would have ceased to exist.

"Perhaps, uh," The Coordinator gestured vaguely to the floor, "we could, uh, paint a yellow line or something for people to stand behind?"

"Yeah. Perhaps." Toshiko was equally shaken, but at least their two guests were safe. Sliding the chair along the counter, she pulled out a white pillow still sealed in plastic from the shop, and used a letter opener to neatly divest it of the covering. She then produced a red marker, scrawling Kind regards from Toshiko, Sithy, and on the fabric.

She offered the pen over the counter to the two girls. "Either of you two want to add your monikers to this?"

Tag: Masterjoy, Miralia

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Miralia

Miralia was surprised to suddenly notice that Master Joy was also in the reception room. She had been so absorbed in her own thoughts she hadn't noticed at first. She nodded in respectful greeting. Then, Miralia's eyes sparkled with suppressed laughter at the words "pillow fight". She and her siblings had engaged in more than one of those growing up.

When the sparkling fountain erupted nearby, her eyes widened in awe. It was lovely but it could have taken out both she and MasterJoy if it had diverted just a bit more ...

When the receptionist offered the pen, Miralia answered softly: "Let MasterJoy go first. Then I'll add my signature."

TAG: Joy, Sithy, Toshi

OOC: J_e was tempted to come in via Trek transporter LOL That vortex thingamajig sounds cool.

;)

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Sith-I-5, Toshiko

"Let MasterJoy go first. Then I'll add my signature." Miralia responded to the offer to sign the pillow.

Sithy sighed, and snatched the soft object off the counter. "Lovely sentiment, Miralia, but perhaps this can serve as a minor lesson. RPGs are not played under controlled laboratory conditions, and every player here accesses in their available time, which might not be every day. Giving up an opportunity to let someone else go first can stretch out how long an event or action takes to complete. That is a difference between RP and fanfic, and what makes RPing so dynamic. No-one knows what is round the corner, or how the other person is going to react."

He carried the pillow up the shallow metal ramp to the vertical rippling pond

"A case in point is this: I figured I would not get Masterjoy and yourself posting in quick succession, so decided that the first of you that posted, could add your name, and then we could toss the pillow. Even as something as simple as that, where I made allowance for either or both of you to post and sign, and out of the blue, the first person to respond actually refuses to sign the pillow, so the absent party gets a go!" He turned and gestured reassuringly at his new student. "It's alright, you have done nothing wrong, you have helped demonstrate the randomness of roleplaying!"

Sithy swung underarm, to propel the pillow through the puddle, after which, the puddle dissipated completely, revealing the wall behind the ring. There was no sign of the pillow.

Tag: Any

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    IC: Striker

A brief flash of light, and there was a crouched human in the room, their head and covered with a pilots helmet, and large goggles. It looked and sounded like a young boy.

"What the frack!..." the person explained threw their arms over the goggles, as a quick 'click' and adjustment was made. The sniper rifle in their arms quickly came to a relaxed position, when they noticed Sith-I-5 and several ladies in the room. Another sheepish grin.

"Sorry. I was in a dark cave, when this demented chick told me I needed to make a side trip. Anything for a few extra credits." with that laugh, the being pulled off the goggles and hat, to reveal a young woman instead. She looked over towards Sith-I-5.

"Humph. She described you alright. She told me you were looking for folks to tell you about a few adventures going on. Here's my info" she said as she walked towards Sith. "By the way Stiker's the name." she added.

On a small card, the info read:

[ 5 BBY - The Imperial Fist - http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/31117605/p1/?229
    GM - Sarge221 ]

Striker grinned again, as she nodded towards the ladies in the room.

"So, what information you be wanting to know? I gotta get back real quick like, kinda in the middle of something, know what I mean?"

TAG:Sith, anyone else in the room

14. Darth_Cadaverous

Darth_Cadaverous Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2008
    *Darkness, black as a black hole seemed to be felt as a mist appeared in a lone dark corner of the room and raced up the wall and became thick to cover six feet in all directions. A surge of pain filled the room, anger followed close behind. Fluttering like thousands of birds wings could now be heard as a much darker presence outline appeared in the complete blackness. Eyes dead of life, but appeared to have purpose with their deadly yellow red tint, peered out from that mist and cold darkness of deadness. Laughter that seemed to grate on nerves like finger nails on a black board can now be heard in the room.

"I am your pain of being alive, I am the anger that fills your body with weakness, I am the death of hundreds and none can touch me for I am death itself, I am Darth Cadaverous, Dark Rogue of Sith, now and forever", as the last word was spoken a figure clad in ancient armor and robes of sith ages past and present. Red stitching with silver embroiled weave of his clan mark upon the left breast pocket. His eyes seemed dead, except the flaming yellow red of his eyes dismiss that notion. At first glance he carried no weapons, however he was a weapon for his weapons were the dark side and the two unseen sabers under the billowing cloak of dark red felt. He had knee high combat boots laced and tight. His clothes seemed loose on his very thin frame. "I am death, I am your worse nightmares come to past and to your futures".

Darth Cadaverous looked at those who filled the room and gave the slightest nods of hellos. "I am here for only a very short time, so without direction or permission, I will speak. I am also know to the very few as jedi_killer_oak", as he began. I have been playing for sometime now, though seeking lost jedi and scrolls of power from the ancient sith, I have been gone. By my alias I played in one of the BEST ROLE PLAYING GAMES EVER! It was called IBOP, for those who have not heard or read it, then: IBOP

15. Darth_Cadaverous

Darth_Cadaverous Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2008
    "I was new to role-playing and learned a lot during the game. One, was how to put information/details, though I wont say that I am perfect for even I, still mess that up. Detail gives others to add to it or use it for battles, on what they see around them if your in a group. I also learned to inter act with my fellow players, even if TY was a shy kid, he still tried to get to know some of the characters that he was around." The dark lord leaned over and snagged a glass of water and took a sip. "The other thing I learned, your character is a living, breathing person, with his or her own mind and directions. Please do not force your character into something they do not want, or writing for them will become harder.

"When playing such a very large or actually any rpg, look for your "tag" first, then go back and read. (NOTE: Your character ONLY KNOWS what he/she can see and hear and smell. Not what happened across the galaxy without watching the holo-vid ;))"

Darth Cadaverous senses that his time is growing short, he looks up to face those who are here, "I must leave and not sure when I can return again, so beware for I will find some way to watch in on you all" Then his laughter filled the room along with the darkening mist. Soon his feet are covered and rolling up and out to hide the figure that was standing there. In minutes, it starts to clear showing no one there, like the dark figure was never there before and the laughter dies away.

PS: Please read IBOP for there you will see many role players that are still here and others that have passed beyond, but never forgotten.

~Cadaverous~
    aka: jedi_killer_oak

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Sith-I-5, Toshiko Sato, RPF Academy Reception

Sithy was multi-tasking, and had pulled up Miralia's opening posts and character sheet from the Forces game on his own datapad, perusing through them to determine the stage she was at; while his assistant corralled the new arrivals.

There was the now familiar flash of light marking the increase of her work by a third, as someone turned up via a vortex manipulator.

"What the frack?"

Sith-I-5 moved up next to his new RPF student: "Okay, I have looked at some of your stuff, and see that you were already using your Chandrila background. I especially like the mention of your sister's bed and breakfast business. Nice touch." He smiled appreciatively, balancing the datapad in the crook of his left arm, like an electronic baby. "Now I see what you did next, ably intercepted by Masterjoy" He nodded respectfully towards her master and GM. "This can be a problem, finding someone to interact with, and being so full of creativity, that you think you can control both your and their character. That has to be nipped in the bud fast, as your GM did. In my experience, you have to tread very carefully in what you allow other players, even good friends, to get away with, once they go down the Dark Path of thinking they know your character's situation enough, to know what should reasonably happen to your character."

"Err, Boss?" That was Toshiko, and I-5 blinked as he looked up into her worried face.

"What's up?"

"Err, your eyes are flashing red, and," She glanced at one of her monitor screens, "I am reading a five degree temperature drop."

The Co-ordinator chuckled uneasily. "Ah yes. I do get carried away on the subject. If the article for that is finished, I will put it up in the Main Hall. However, Miralia, my gaming, at least, is based around interaction between characters, and over the years, one way I have developed for immediate interaction, is to always join a game with TWO character sheets, not one. Or one CS, and bring in an npc, fast, if one is allowed. "

It was true. Even in the last lightsabre tournament between the RPF and the EUC, he had fielded his actual combatant, and an npc "friend" who had signed on as a tournament official, so that his presence at each duel location was un-questioned. His postings were arguably fuller and richer for it.

"Perhaps Miralia's big sister could have taken time off from the business, to bring her to Big School, doing the jedi equivalent of standing at the end of the playground while Miralia toddles among her new peers; or you could have an npc student. Adds to the population of the Academy, so can be a good thing.Now, I have probably talked your ears off for long enough. Mull that over, while I deal with the new guest. Tosh, can you show my new colleague and our student into the Main Hall, please."

"Sir." Toshiko rounded the counter, revealing herself to be attired in a white blouse, black knee-length pencil skirt, opaque tights, and heels. A discreet holster at the small of her back, held her Torchwood-issue automatic. "Masterjoy, Miralia, if you will come with me, please?"

The Co-ordinator approached the kneeling individual, who by this time had taken off her helmet and goggles, revealing a young woman.

"Humph. She described you alright. She told me you were looking for folks to tell you about a few adventures going on. Here's my info."

"Welcome to the RPF Academy, and thank you for coming." Sithy took the card, glancing at it. "5BBY - The Imperial Fist, huh?" He waved the card like a fan, and smiled up at her. "Thank you, this will be most useful. Miss, er..."

"By the way, Striker's the name. So, what information you be wanting to know? I gotta get back real quick like,

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker, RPF Academy Reception[/i]

Striker introduced herself, as the man she figgured to be Sithy took the card, and read it.

"Welcome to the RPF Academy, and thank you for coming." Sithy took the card, glancing at it. "5BBY - The Imperial Fist, huh?" He waved the card like a fan, and smiled up at her. "Thank you, this will be most useful. Miss, er..."

"Striker's the name. So, what information you be wanting to know? I gotta get back real quick like, kinda in the middle of something, know what I mean?"

"Yes, yes, of course!" Sithy directed Striker to the crescent of seating that Masterjoy had used earlier. "Alright then, tell me about this game of yours."

A look of confusion crossed I-5's face as his breath became icy, a visible vapour between himself and the Imperial Fist character.

Striker frowned as well, rubbing her arms at the sudden temperature drop. The look on the mans face didnt help. One of the ladies yelled out.

"Reading massive temperature drop!" she shrilled from behind him, round at her computers in a flash, tapping in interrogatives. "Heating reads okay-"

*Darkness, black as a black hole seemed to be felt as a mist appeared in a lone dark corner of the room and raced up the wall and became thick to cover six feet in all directions. A surge of pain filled the room.

"Ouch!" the girl replied, even as Striker had lept over the strange seat she had been on, rifle up as she dived behind the couch, looking to take at at whatever was coming from the darkened area.

"Fracking figures she send me to something wacked..." she muttered angrily.

Sith-I-5 rose, and quickly interceded himself between her and whatever was filling his Reception with anger and the sound of fluttering wings. He pressed a button on his wrist-communicator. "Intruder alert, Reception. Mitch, get up here."

Then some strange voice came out, and all of Strikers senses went on massive alert. 'Oh...SO NOT GOOD!' she thought to herself, as she considered simply disappearing once more. Guy in front of her, kept her from firing. So she listened instead..

"I am your pain of being alive, I am the anger that fills your body with weakness, I am the death of hundreds and none can touch me for I am death itself, I am Darth Cadaverous, Dark Rogue of Sith, now and forever"

Striker wondered what the seven shades of Vega what was a Sith.

"DC?" Nervous laughter erupted from I-5 as he bent forward, hands on his knees. "C'Boath on a bike, you scared the Sith out of me!"

Well. At leased it looked like the guy knew him. The voice kept speaking..

"I am death, I am your worse nightmares come to past and to your futures."

The Man called Sithy spoke up then. "Yeah, whatever. Look, DC, we are going to record whatever you have to say, then put the useful bits up in the Main Hall as your first lecture."

She marveled at just how calm the man had suddenly become. Boy, he must have some weird friends. As she stood up once more, her rifle still at a ready position, Sithy landed in the chair next to Striker once again. "Sorry, you were saying?" he asked her.

Striker looked at him..to the wall, back to him, to the girl who had yelled out early, back to the wall, and finally him once more..

"Uh...yeah. Sorry, kinda lost that flight plan... But oh yeah, you wanted to know about what we all are kinda doing. Uh ...yeah."

Striker came around, but decided to stand. Anything else jump out at her, and she wasnt hanging around. "Well, its kinda complicated. Lots of stuff going on. But I can tell you 'bout my guys. Im a guide. Tracker. Best one on this side of the Galaxy." Striker grinned and continued. "Stang Imperial folks got the Galaxy locked down type, making it hard on us folks just trying to e

18. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005

As the Jedi Grand Master watched and listened to everything going on around her, she began to consider her article. She kneww just what to write about first, and how to begin. Noticing the sudden temperature drop, and seeing the thick darkness, and seeing the being, and hearing him announce his name, MasterJoy thought, "Oh, great. A Sith with an attitude attempting to make a daring entrance. That's just what we need." It was enough to witness the malfunction of the stargate. The Jedi leader was more impressed with that, than Cadaverous's arival and speech. She was not afraid in the least either. The Jedi turned her attention elsewhere.
    MasterJoy was glad to see that her newest padawan had come to the academy. She rose and followed the woman out of the reception area, looking over at her new padawan, smiling. What a day this had been so far.

TAG: Sithy, anyone

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Miralia

Miralia gaped wide-eyed at the sudden arrival of the Sith and the accompanying darkness.

She hoped he wouldn't start hurling Force lightning.

When Master Joy glanced over and smiled, she took courage from the calm serenity in the Master's eyes and smiled back. She hurried to follow in Master Joy's wake.

TAG: Any

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Toshiko Sato

Tosh led Masterjoy and Miralia out of Reception, into the blue painted corridor that led into the base, from the landing area. In fact, if she had turned left, in a few paces, the three of them would have found themselves enjoying the sea air, on the decks and near the landing areas.

Instead she turned right, and led the new instructor and student down a hundred metre hallway, pushing through a pair of doors into the Main Hall.

Huge ceiling-high rectangular windows, gave a spectacular view of the cerulean blue Iskalon oceans, and sometimes, when the weather was choppy enough, the waves lapped at the windows, even though the Academy?s thick legs put them a good thirty feet above sea level.

Tosh made her way between rows of gold and red seats to the low stage, and stepped up to reach the lectern and repeater screen, reaching behind the former to reach the Play controls for the latter. ?Masterjoy?? She asked, turning to find that Miralia?s master?s aura was now glowing aqua, rather than simply red. Had she been promoted to mod on the quiet? ?You asked for some assistance of your own? To do with lightsabre fighting. Well, we saved the sublime lectures of SithStarSlayer and LordTroepfchen from the last Academy site. While Triple S? will deal with your requirement better, I wanted to re-screen LordT?s first.?

Toshiko thumbed a couple of buttons on the control unit in her palm, dimming the lights, polarising the windows to darkness, and lighting up the screen behind her. Then she pressed play.

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Sith-I-5, Mitch Nifesta, Reception.

Striker gave a quick grin. "So...you want to know anything else, before I go? We were in some underground caves, and it was getting kinda icky, when she sent me here..." she asked the man in charge.

The RPF Coordinator knew he was keeping her here for too long, but he wanted this last ditch attempt to reconcile his impression from her words, with the game title. "So, uh, let me get this straight. 5BBY- The Imperial Fist, as in the whole game, actually centres around a civilian salvage operation?"

Sithy looked up from Striker as his twi'lek Head of Security, Mtch Nifesta, appeared at the doorway, his DC-15 plasma rifle up to eye level, aiming the thing around the reception area, even leaning it over Toshiko's counter to check behind it.

"Stand down, Mitch." Sith-I-5 growled, standing up. "Was that your fastest response? Really?"

"Think about it; you've got me on the bottom level of the base. So what happened here?"

I-5 smouldered. "Darth Cadaverous is what happened here. And, and, he hurt Tosh. Check on her will you, and if the jedi with her have not healed her themselves, see what you can do."

To his credit, the Force Vampire did not immediately tie a bib round his neck, or smack his lips, at the mention of jedi. "Darth Cadaverous. That was the staff member you stopped me eating at the last venue."

"Oh, that is rescinded now; he's hurt one of my people. We're updating the 'Chicago Way' out of The Untouchables: If he pulls a knife."

"You pull a gun."

"If he puts one of your people in the hospital."

"You put one of his in the morgue."

"He fills a room with pain, and in doing so, hurts one of my people?"

"I get to set a lunch date. So," Mitch nodded at the young woman seated behind his boss.
    "who is the femme?"

"Oh, sorry. Mitch Nifesta, SGIS agent and Force Vampire, meet Striker, best Tracker in the known galaxy."

"Pleased to meet you." Mitch put up his rifle, and stepped forward to take her hand in greeting.

Tag: Striker

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker, Reception.

Striker gave a quick grin. "So...you want to know anything else, before I go? We were in some underground caves, and it was getting kinda icky, when she sent me here..." she asked the man in charge.

The man in front of spoke up. "So, uh, let me get this straight. 5BBY- The Imperial Fist, as in the whole game, actually centers around a civilian salvage operation?"

Striker gave a laugh, as she stood up straight. "Oh, Force no!" She shook her head.. "Thats just MY group..., durn, I knew I was gonna fark this up. uh.. Just a sec, she gave me something..

As Striker searched for a flimsy she had a huge twi'lek appeared at the doorway, his DC-15 plasma rifle up to eye level, aiming the thing around the reception area, even leaning it over Toshiko's counter to check behind it.

Striker smiled appreciatively. Very nice rifle. Had it spec'ed too. Nice. She gave an unconscious nod.

"Stand down, Mitch." Sith-I-5 growled, standing up. "Was that your fastest response? Really?"

"Think about it; you've got me on the bottom level of the base. So what happened here?"

I-5 smoldered. "Darth Cadaverous is what happened here. And, and, he hurt Tosh. Check on her will you, and if the jedi with her have not healed her themselves, see what you can do."

Mitch replied, "Darth Cadaverous. That was the staff member you stopped me eating at the last venue."

Strikers smiled kinda faded... 'Eating?!' This was definitely one very strange place.

But she did like the next bit they rambled through. Interesting thought there.
    Striker heard Mitch ask, "who is the femme?"

Striker looked up, as the first man began to seek once more.

"Oh, sorry. Mitch Nifesta, SGIS agent and Force Vampire, meet Striker, best Tracker in the known galaxy."

"Pleased to meet you." Mitch put up his rifle, and stepped forward to take her hand in greeting.

Striker gave a delayed blink with THAT greeting. Too many words she didnt understand, and a few she didnt WANT to understand, so instead, she gave a Striker smirk, as she firmly reached out, and shook his hand.

She then remembered her flimsy She turned back towards Sithy.

"Oh yeah. Here is what the crazy lady gave me.." Striker clicked her goggles, and began to read.

"It is 5 BBY, fourteen years since the disintegration of the Republic and the rise of a Galactic Empire that came from the ashes of liberty.

Trading frailty for strength, chaos for order, and uncertainty for decisiveness, it was promised that this new galactic establishment would last for ten thousand years. But not with liberty, not with freedom, and most certainly not with peace. These core morals were traded away along with the core traditions of the Republic. The Senate for the Moffs, the Jedi for Vader, and the Chief of State for an Emperor..."

Striker looked up. "MAN! This guy is wordy. Basically, its saying its been 14 years since the crap hit the fan, and everyone is running scared. And with the Empire now in control, the games looking at different folks and how they making a living during this farce rule. Lots of folks getting killed for just saying the wrong thing about the Empire. Or else they simply disappear."

So, She told me there are a few Emperial folks running around, just "Doing their job..." Striker looked disgusted by that thought. She continued, "And there are a few other folks, still doing their bit for whats left of the Republic. And a few more, just trying to earn a living..kinda like the Nerf farmer I got on my ship....smelly dude, but a decent sort." Striker gave a grin.

Striker read from the flimsy once more, "During the dark times, the people have to fend for themselves while they struggle to either live by the laws of the Empire or fight against it themselves. And what of you? Which have you chosen? In this time of darkness, where heroes have either been destroyed or have yet to be revealed, how have you chosen to live?

The Imperial Fist is goi

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sith-I-5, Mitch Nifesta

Striker and Mitch shook hands, though the young lady looked uncertain at the twi'lek's attentions.

Striker removed her goggles. "Ohhhhhh. Well, hope that makes sense to ya. Me and my crew, we just trying to avoid the fraggin Imps while we're trying to make some creds. But dont get me wrong, if we can put a dent in em, we sure will. Might get the chance real soon, if you know what we mean."

Striker plopped her hat back on her head, and put her sniper rifle in front of her once more.

"Will that do it for ya?" she asked em both.

Mitch regarded the hand that she had shaken with some pleasure. "Well, I'm not going to wash." He promised fervently.

"Oookay..." Sithy drawled uncertainly, wondering what had taken place between the two characters. Then he turned to Striker, standing also. "Thank you for your time, Ms Striker. It was lovely to have you at RPF Adoptions, and to hear about your game. If Sarge is taking new players, we would love to hear about it. Safe trip back." He nodded a farewell at the apparent tomboy, then turned to his Head of Security.

"Mitch? Mission."

"Oh yes?"

"Within that Forces game, I need you on the ground to assist in safeguarding certain, shall we say, interests. Take a vortex manipulator, and-"

"But, Lord Sidious, is that legal?" The twi'lek did a passing impression of a Neimoudian, though fawning did not come naturally to him.

Playing along, Sithy snarled, "I will make it legal!"

Tag: Striker, anyone planning to visit, Masterjoy and Miralia

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker

Striker and Mitch shook hands, and then she continued on.

"Ohhhhhh. Well, hope that makes sense to ya. Me and my crew, we just trying to avoid the fraggin Imps while we're trying to make some creds. But dont get me wrong, if we can put a dent in em, we sure will. Might get the chance real soon, if you know what we mean."

Striker plopped her hat back on her head, and put her sniper rifle in front of her once more.

"Will that do it for ya?" she asked em both.

Mitch regarded the hand that she had shaken with some pleasure. "Well, I'm not going to wash." He promised fervently. Striker simply raised an eyebrow, and pulled her goggles back down. She was NOT going to try and make out what he meant by that!

"Oookay..." Sithy drawled uncertainly, wondering what had taken place between the two characters. Then he turned to Striker. "Thank you for your time, Ms Striker. It was lovely to have you at RPF Adoptions, and to hear about your game. If Sarge is taking new players, we would love to hear about it. Safe trip back."

Striker gave a grin. "Im sure he is..we just had someone join us just yesterday..so Im sure the game is still open." Striker bent down low, on one knee, her rifle up to high point.

"Oh..by the way...crazy lady says to expect more coming in soon. Later." With a flash, and a hearty laugh, she was gone, back to the caverns.

TAG:hmm... soon.

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Lightsabre lessons with Fen and Harry

Main Hall

Toshiko was down on one knee, sorting through equipment and props left on the stage by unidentified venue personnel, when Sith-I-5 walked in through the door at the rear of the hall with two youngsters in tow, nodded to the seated Masterjoy and Miralia, and beckoned the children to join him on the stage.

One was a purple twi'lek in earthy-coloured jedi gear, and looking about twelve; the other, a couple of years older, was a pale-faced human teenager with tousled brown hair, round-lensed glasses, and dressed in the kind of fee-paying school uniform that involved an abbreviated black robe or smock over the black v-neck pullover.

The RPF Adoptions coordinator took his place at the lecturn, and introduced the two young guests.
    "Okay, please welcome my two assistants. Fenlaka Zula, an adopted character of mine from Galaxy at Wars III: Schism of the Sith.

"Hello." Fen gave the audience a shy wave.

"And as a sop to the idea that we serve more than Star Wars roleplaying, Harry Potter, from the series of movies, and the J K Rowling novels."

"Hello."

"Both have come in to help us with our lightsabre-related demonstrations."

This was news to the schoolboy, who snapped his head round from sight-seeing, to stare back at Sithy. "Eh? I thought I was here to heal a member of your staff!"

"Yeah, we extracted you from that school of yours just so you can heal Tosh, though I don't know what you can do without your wand." He'd seen at least one film, and made the wizard leave it behind.

Potter reached into a back pocket, "Actually, Gibbs' Rule #3; never go anywhere without a wand."

I-5 stared, damping down the fear. "If you are referring to NCIS' Special Agent Gibbs, wasn't it, 'never go anywhere without a knife'?"

"Ah, I adapted it."

"Easy, Fen'." Sithy cautioned the padawan, as the junior wizard came up with a short wooded stick, that looked more like it should be with a drummer's kit, than a magic-users. Fenlaka kept his hand on the pommel of his lightsabre and watched the wizard warily.

"So, where is my patient?"

"Over here." Toshiko pushed herself up from a folded pile of green cloth, starting to roll up the sleeve over her injured arm, while Potter struck a dramatic pose and aimed his magic wand at her.

"Episkey!"

The Co-ordinator looked from his Receptionist to the Hogwart student, and back, unsure if anything had happened.

"How's it feel?"

Tosh drew up her right sleeve, and marvelled at the healed skin that covered her arm, just as it was before the apparent Sith's visitation. "Whatever you did, Harry, you do good work."

"Honestly, it was nothing."

"So no need to go on about it then," Sith interceded, "Harry, do you think you could put on and model that green cape by Tosh, for us, please. Just wander across the stage, sweep the cape behind yourself, and strike a pose, that sort of thing."

Potter complied, putting the wand away, heading past the front of the lecturn, and arriving beside the former Torchwood operative, allowing her to drape the green item over his shoulders, fasten it under his chin, and shake any creases out.
    He walked back across the stage, showing off the drapery, and ended by raising both hand in front of his chest, fingers curved into claws. "I vant to suck your blood!"

Sithy and Tosh got the Dracula impression immediately, while Fenlaka just stared.

"Quite. The cape that Harry is showing for us, is composed of a material called Armorweave, which is blaster-resistant, and reputed to provide limited protection against lightsabres. Capes such as this were worn by General Grevious and his IG-100 droids, Darth Vader, and so on. Also, I just learned today, the combat suit that Man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.