main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The After Party

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Silmarillion, Sep 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Time to let your hair down.

;)

2. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    And get your spirit up.

Party!

3. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    OK, this just feels....weird.

:D

4. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Hey, Mik!

Our long lost relative. ;)

5. jediguy

Jun 10, 2000
    Yeah, I've been gone for ages...

In fact, I've forgotten what I used to do in here.

Almost. ;)

6. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Hey! How'sit going, Mik?
    So, what should we do for this party? How 'bout a picture captioning contest or something. :)

7. jediguy

Jun 10, 2000
    Not too bad Meg, I just wish I could stick around for a bit longer. Have to go to lectures now.

:(

8. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Don't worry... we've got 48 hours to reminisce. :)

9. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    I'm just sorting out a few computer problems... no biggie!

And trying to find my Leeds title again. :)

10. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Hey, Meg!

Nice to see you back again.

11. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Still here?

12. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Yeah, I am.

13. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, it wouldn't really be a reunion without at least one post from yours truly now would it? ;)

No really, I just realized that as I keep logging in to check my PMs that I could end up saying "good bye" forever. So this is it, and I hope you guys won't mind that I'm taking the opportunity of this reunion for one final farewell message.

First I would like to congratulate Kerryn, between you and Casper the voters really couldn't go wrong, but you definitely deserved to win and it couldn't have happened to a nicer gal! :D

Oh, I'm glad you guys went on with the game by the way, it just wouldn't have been right to end it on that sour note.

Also, I would like to thank the housemates and other community members here who sent me their thoughts and wishes. Even though I wasn't able to respond to you all individually it really does mean a lot to me.

Now, I don't mean to "hog the mic" here but I do need to say one last thing before I ride off into the sunset once and for all. This is for everybody who may have read the first "good bye" thread that I posted here on Saturday or who may have heard what that thread said through the eternal gossip/drama mill that unfortunately seems to define this place all too often. It was something that I posted in the fury of the moment, without giving a first, much less a second thought to what I was doing. I just want to let everybody know that Laurie and I are working things out, and trying to move on with our lives and leave the past behind us... which is why neither her nor I will be coming back to this place. I want you to know that Laurie is still, and always will be the most wonderful person I've ever met, the light of my life, so beautiful and sweet that the very thought of her can bring both a smile to my lips and a tear to my eye. Still, she is nothing if not human, and like all of us she can make mistakes. Now this one mistake may have been a big one, but it was an even bigger wake up call to the mistakes that both of us have been making... taking each other and our family for granted, not enjoying to the fullest each precious moment that we are lucky enough to be able to spend together. In a weird way, it may have been the best thing that could have happened for us, even as painful as it is. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't judge Laurie too harshly, she truly is a wonderful person, and I really regret dragging her name through the mud and embarrassing her the way I did, although it did at least provide her with a clean break from this place, some which I am apparently still searching for.

;)

Just a few more words...

Casper - you are truly a great friend, I can't tell you how lucky I feel to have met you. I hope you have a wonderful trip... as soon as you settle down let me know, I have some things that I really want to send you.

Meg - you are the sweetest of the sweet, you really are. You have one of the biggest hearts of anyone I've ever met and I really hope that we can stay friends for a long time.

Kerryn - since you're the winner I think you have quite enough people feeding you ego today thankyouverymuch :p No really, you are a true friend and I really hope you'll stay in touch.

Tashi - I'll still be looking forward to hearing your music, let me know when it's up!

To anyone else who is reading this -- if you were a friend to me while I was here you know it, and you should also know that I will miss you. I won't even try to mention everyone by name, because inevitably I would of course forget someone.

If anyone would like to get in touch with me, you can send me an e-mail at thomas_dell@hotmail.com. Thanks for all the good times and memories everybody!

Now you guys party it up, and have fun! You've earned it! :)

14. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    It's lovely to see you again Tom. All the best. :)

15. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Good old Tom! :)

I've said what I wanted to say in my PM, but I hope you and Laurie will come out stronger after this. Everyone can make mistakes; it's just that those mistakes are sometimes beyond your control and they can grow like a hidden cancer before you know it.

Now sail into the sunset, brother! It's a cold wind, but it'll take you to your destination eventually.

16. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
  17. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    Good luck with everything, Tom. You will be missed around here.

18. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Hey, give me back my colours :p

19. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Tom, thank you so much. [face_blush] I'm so happy you were able to sneak back in here for one last post... it just wouldn't be a reunion without you.
    *hug*

20. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Weird... I feel like an intruder in here now. :p But glad to be back, and glad to have colors for a little while. :D

BTW, are my colors really ugly? Those are just the first odd thing that came to mind. I may change them. I realized when I got them I had no idea what to do. :p

Anyways, hi everyone! Glad to be back!

21. jediguy

Jun 10, 2000
    Tom, I'm sad to hear that you and Laurie will not be coming back to this place. It'll be worse off without you guys.

22. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Naw... you're colors look spiffy Jj. No worries. ;)

23. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    It's good to see everyone again. Julie your colours are very spiffy!

24. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    //passes out on the couch.

25. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    //Pushes Kerryn off of couch

//points to sign

"This party never stops. Keep on your feet."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.