main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV The Agency, Part 1: Chosen

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    [this is the game that I started when MD and Axia were unavailable on Saturday night]

Jank: Jacob McKenzie, age 19, photographer
    Petra: Vale Connors, age 23, bartender
    Luminara: Roxanne Hart, age 22, acrobat

A photographer, a bartender and an acrobat. All living in the Vegas area, all leading mundane lives. Until...

The photographer, on location for a shoot downtown, is accosted by gang members, and shot to death for his camera and bike.

The bartender and acrobat, when leaving the Palms with $4000 in winnings, are accosted by a would be mugger. The mugger did not count on Vale carrying a firearm, and in the next few moments, a firefight ensues, leaving all three shot to death.

At the moment of their deaths, they all seemingly watch as their life slips away in their last few breaths, and everything goes black. Then the three of them wake up in a richly appointed boardroom. Their clothing still has the marks of the gunshots, and are stained with blood, but instead of gunshots, there are only small, very minute scars.

A man in a dark suit walks in, and is visibly startled at the sight of them, backs out and closes the door. The bartender, acrobat and photographer get up to leave, but then three more people walk in, also dressed in suits, two men and one woman. One of the men, with salt and pepper gray hair and a neatly trimmed beard and mustache, asks them to sit. They do.

They are then informed that they have been selected for recruitment into a covert Agency. They each have skills, talents, and aptitudes that make them uniquely qualified. Even though their current occupations do not reflect their true calling, the man, who calls himself Mr. Hanson, assures them that deep down, they will find it to be true. He tells them that they have yet to experience what they are best at. He assures them that the selection criteria in which they find new recruits is 'arcane' at best, but it takes into account almost everything and is very comprehensive. Their scouts, he assures them, are rarely wrong.

He tells them the they will have one hour in which to decide whether they wish to join. If they do not wish to join, they will be returned as is to their regular life, but with no memory of this place or their conversation. If they wish to join, they will become part of a global Agency that seeks to fight evil in it's many forms. The ask him several questions, and he answers them: 'The Agency' is the nickname for the organization. The real name is 'The Order of Caleb', and it has existed for quite some time. If they join, they will recieve far better pay than they have now, but that the perks of the job will make having money less of an issue. They will be asked to live on their own, at a place of their choosing. They can pick any vehicle (within reason) and it will be theirs as a company car. They will recieve training in a variety of areas that will help them as investigators and covert agents, and will recieve credentials that state they work undercover for 'Interpol', which will allow them to carry weapons globally, as well as secure cooperation with different authorities. They can still maintain their current jobs and lives if they wish, but will tell people they they have been hired to work for a multinational company called The Magnus Corporation, serving drinks at events, running a health/aerobics program, or doing photography for their internal usage.

He tells them that if they have ever felt patriotic, or ever wanted to do something to benefit mankind or their country, that would be like a small fraction of what they would be doing in the Agency, and this would be on a global scale.

They accept, and sign some simple paperwork that explains that secrecy is paramount, and that betrayal of the Order would be considered treason, and is punishable by death. They are issued a cel phone with a secure number to the Agency operator, and are given a throrough voice print ID. They are told to report back the next morning at 9 AM.

They take an elevator up, and leave The Magnus Corporation offices, lo

2. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    My character's first name is Jacob. He looks like Brad Pitt....though I'm not sure which movie yet...I'll get back to you on that one.

GM I'm a little confused about something. I thought it was night time when I went to the alleyway to take the pictures....cause I remember that I scoped it out....decided that I wanted to get something to protect myself so I went to Wal-mart and got a knife. And then went back when it was nightfall. So I'm going to post it like that if you want anything changed let me know.

I had a job to do for a producing company that wanted me to scope out some seedy looking alleyways for a music video they were going to be producing. I went to scope out the area on my bicycle and decided that this wasn't a good place for me to be by myself after the sun goes down. So I went to Wally World and picked up a knife for my protection. Later, just shortly after the sun went down, I went back to the alleyway on my bicycle with my camera and my new knife. While I'm taking pictures this OG (Original Gangsta') comes up and starts harassing me. I do my best to intimidate him to leave me alone and go away. He goes away after a few minutes of conversation and me refusing his offer for him to pose in my photos. Shortly after he left this lowrider strolls up with the OG and some of his posse....big members of his posse. I do what any scared whiteboy would do in that situation....I start shooting off my mouth pissin the big mexican guys off. One of them shoots me...but I keep runnin my mouth, and he shoots me again. And I fall into blackness.

3. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    You are correct, I edited my text a bit.

4. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    My character is Vale Connors, I'm 23 and look like Joey Lauren Adams....whee!!! I live with my best friend Roxanne Hart in a loft at The District, and I drive a blue Hyundai Tiburon..... my weapons of choice are a collapsable metal baton, a Glock 26 (nicely concealable), and the S&W M29 (.45 Mag) whee!!!

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Cool! I edited my text to reflect your age. Now we wait for Luminara to check in, and we will begin.

6. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    My character is Roxanne Hart, and I'm a 22 year old acrobat who looks like Faruza Balk (scary!!). Im drivin a 4x4 black Toyota Tacoma and I'm living with my best friend Vale at The District.

I'd like to know how it is that none of us were dead after our little encounters? that would be nice.

7. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Yeah me too....and I'm expecting something totally out of the ordinary from a group that refers to themselves as "The Agency" or more formally "The Order of Caleb".

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, here we go then:

During your training, there is an Agent assigned to be your trainer by the name of Daniels. Agent Daniels looks like this.

He says because of their extreme covert status, the Agency does not accept exclusive contracts with weapons makers, that they encourage agents to carry what they are best with. He says that it is standard to have two ranged weapons, and two hand to hand combat style weapons (OOG: melee). He has you try a variety of things from the armory, and even encourages you to do your own research to see if there is something else you are looking for. He says that at least one of each type should be geared for concealablity, the other does not have to be. He asks what you want.

(OOG: Jacob and Roxanne, waiting for your answer on this. Whatever you pick I will create stats for)

We will say that right after you signed the Covenant with them (that's what the paper said at the top in big bold letters), you had Daniels assigned to you, to take care of your needs. He is the one that got you your vehicles, and got you a loft at the District, and Jank he asks if you are sure you want to live where you specified.

Within the first day or two of your training, Agent Daniels asks you if you would be willing to quit your regular job (not school) so you could work for 'Magnus' full time. He says it would make training a lot easier. He says if money is an issue, he would compensate you for quitting. "Call it an incentive, or bonus, if you want," he says with that slight smile you are accustomed to seeing on him.

What do you all say to that?

In addition, as he is your primary contact during training, any questions you have you can address to him (like the questions you have, Jacob)

Ask him what you wish.

9. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    i would like this blade as my melee weapon...
    http://www.swordsofhonor.com/miymus.html

i would like to have twin desert eagles as my ranged weapons...
    http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/reconteam/de.html

i believe both of these have stats in the modern book.

i would be ok with quitting my job to further training and join 'magnus'...

oh, and here is a picture of what my character looks like at the moment... http://www.screensavershot.com/persons2/fbalk.jpg

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Cool, which specific Desert Eagle?

http://www.magnumresearch.com/products.asp

In addition, what do you want for concealable ranged weapon and concealable melee weapon?

And if you want to know anything about why you weren't dead after your encounter, as you posted above, you can ask Agent Daniels during training at the firing range:

IN GAME-
    The second or third day, you are given a tour of the training facilities. You enter the Magnus Corporate offices, and take the security elevator down. The guard outside of it recognized you guys by now, and lets you in it no problem. The elevator goes down several floors, and Agent Daniels shows you the training levels. The walls here are mostly the color of cement, and everything seems military and utilitarian, in shades of black, grey and blue. The hallways and other areas are well lit, and the temperature is pleasant, in contrast to the cool color scheme. He introduces you to people as 'Trainee (your last name)'. He shows you (among other things) the locker rooms, some classrooms, a gym, workout room, a swimming and scuba area, a rock wall, and a firing range for pistols and or rifles. In most areas, you see trainees learning, practicing, studying. You get used to seeing people in blue jumpsuits, which identifies them as trainees. They have a patch with their name on it, and wear athletic shoes on their feet. The instructors have grey jumpsuits on, and every now and then you see a person with a black jumpsuit on. You are still in your street clothes, as your training begins the next day. For the firing range, you have to wear ear and eye protection before you enter. You have noticed that every now and then, instructors look at you in a bit of a funny way, like they are checking you out. Maybe it's because you are still in street clothes, you think.

While you outside the firing range, looking in through the bulletproof glass (you don't have your ear protection on so you don't have to yell), Agent Daniels turns to you all, and says amid the muffled thumps of weapons fire, "Questions thus far?"

11. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    OOG: I would like a Walther P99 Military Issue. And a small .38 that I could wear on the ankle as my backup. And for melee...I would like a pair of gauntlets, kinda like the dude in Hellboy, and the head Wearwolf from underworld...that have the blades come down from like the sleeves...if possible...if not I'll think of something else.

IG: I have a couple of questions, 1: Can you guys replace my camera? 2: Why do you ask if I'm sure I want to live in the place I suggested? Is there something wrong with it? 3: How in the blazes did you guys make my bullet wounds heal so fast?

12. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Hmmmm... for the gauntlet thing, they tell you that they could have something custom built for you, but you will have to submit more details. If it is way too much in the realm of fiction, then they may not be able to do it.

1. Sure, name the camera. Anything you want.

2. No, but compared to 'The Loft', it's pretty average. They want to make sure you are okay with that.

3. Daniels looks at you, and says, "Heal you so fast? Tell me what you experienced from your perpective, first." OOG: do you tell him all?

13. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    i add what vale and i experienced.

14. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I explain to him everything...gotta be able to trust him seeing as he is my handler. and I tell him he makes a good point about the apartment I chose and ya know what...."The Loft" sounds like a good place to me :-D oh and I tell him some fancy dancy model of Nikon (mainly since that's the nicest brand I know of.)

OOG: I'll post more details about the gauntlets later...I need sleep....gotta deal with customers at 6 am

15. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    what nooooowwwww!

16. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "Big City Living Found Above Stylish Center"
    article taken from December issue of '215 South Magazine'

The District is more than shopping and eating. It's also a place to call home, as in lofts and flats - 88 of them. Not everone has a view of the Strip, but those on the front side can gaze at shops or shoppers taking a leisurely stroll.

Don't ex[pect lots of room. These condos have been patterened after the coverted lofts and flats in SoHo and other trendy East Coast spots. Even the brochure tells you this - "living here is a cosmopolitan joy. This tree-lined thoroughfare provides a metropolitan experience unique in its own right."

Condominiums range from 900 to 1,700 square feet. They are one and two bedrooms, and one to 2 1/2 baths. Flats have 10 ft ceilings, lofts have 20 foot ceilings. All units are wired for surround sound and have marble floors in the kitchen and baths.

Granite countertops, maple cabinetry, upgraded carpets, crown moulding and baseboards, stainless steel appliances, customized wood closet cabinets, Roman tubs and separate marble shower with glass doors, French doors and balconies and a wall safe are all included amenities.

Common use areas include: a library with a reading area and fireplace, a multi-media theater, a conference room and kitchen. Also a giant state of the art fitness center has cardio equipment, free weights, yoga and movement areas, 8 plasma TV's, lockers and skylights.

A roof garden includes 2 spas, a fireplace, a wet bar with 2 BBQ's and 2 refrigerators, a sink, lounge furniture and spectacular Strip views.

Entry is through a private, subterranean secure garage and a full time concierge is on staff.

One one side is Green Valley Ranch, and other other side is Liberty Pointe with its indoor/outdoor aquatic center, outdoor amphitheater, jogging track, fitness facilities and library.

Prices range from $350,000 to 1 million.

OOG: nice place you guys have :)

17. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I wanna live there....in game and in real life.

18. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Jank, he gets you a one bedroom place there. It is a loft, and overlooks the district itself as well as part of the valley.

Petra and Luminara, you have a 2 bedroom loft with a view of the strip.

It makes you wonder if they treat all their new recruits this nicely.

19. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    ooo. sounds nice. do i get to meet george clooney? (who, by the way, is rumored to have purchased one)

20. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    sweetness...beats living with my current roommate lol...even if it is only make believe :-\

21. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    and, and, and?!?! what happens next?

22. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
  23. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    waaaaaaah!

24. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I promise we will continue this. I need to wrap up the Star Wars game first (that will be happening very soon).

Thank you for your patience.

25. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    BOOO!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.