main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Anakin Solo fan club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Muke_Skywalker, Apr 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Yay for Anakin.

Even though hes dead hes still the coolest Jedi ever. Even through death he will live on, by our remembrance.

2. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Yahoo! An Anakin Solo Fanclub! [face_love]

I had never seen it, I'd only seen F.A.D.A. [face_dancing]

Is there a Senator in these parts? o_O

3. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello Everyone,

I've spoken to the Emperor and have been informed that there is no Senator on record for this club, so we are in need of one. [:D]

I already serve as Senator of the Jagged Fel club so I can't do it. The goal is to get a Senator and two aides and to get this club active in the EU Senate and community in general. :)

If you're interested please feel free to PM me. :)

Sincerely,
    Kick

4. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    I would take the job of senator, but I'm the one for the Droid fan club.

5. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Maybe we should start by simply getting the thread active again and then select from a (hopefully) more active userbase? That makes more sense to me. If the thread is barely staying afloat, for example, it may not need a senator; if it regrows into a good group, then we can go from there. :)

Interesting, looking back, seeing how much the EU has changed since Anakin died. I do miss him. There was something hopeful in the fellow: heroic, bright, not so pent up with failure and sorrow as his sister. Hmm. Time to go reread Conquest and SBS!

- Keralys

6. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    Who says hes dead, through his fans he lives. I refuse to except him as just dead.

7. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Indeed. He we live as long as the memory of him lives within us. That could mean he's immortal, because for some strange and unexplained reason, Star by Star is sold the most of all SW books, in my local bookshop. They get a few copies of SBS and pow! They're sold in a week. They get more copies next month and the same thing happens. Amazing.

8. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    Fanclub of Anakin Solo! Well at last! I am very glad! I adore Anakin, though and to a lesser degree, than its brother. In my opinion, it is unfair, that it have killed, though it was so promising character... I cried, when it happens...:_|

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]

9. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    can I join? I love ANakin, too :D

10. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Yay, an Anakin club!

I love Anakin. I read the NJO after it was all over, and even though I went into it knowing Anakin's fate and not really planning on getting into his character he completely won me over. There is an Anakin-sized hole in the EU that has never been filled.

There's a part of me that still holds out that he is alive and in some long lost Vong POW camp waiting to return.

11. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    you just gave me a really cool idea, thank you.

12. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    You're very welcome. ;)

13. GeneralRevan

GeneralRevan Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2008
    Anakin Solo is so cool, I was angry when they killed him, but at least he died saving people, but I was still pretty mad about him dieing.

14. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    This thread needs a good up! :D

Anakin really was the best hope of his generation of Jedi.

SBS is the book that killed Starwars for me :( :_|

15. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    I haven't read it. I cant bare to see him die.

16. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    SBS is a tear jerker, I can't get through it or Sacrifice without sobbing.:_|
    I really hate for good characters to die too young.

17. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    I went through periods of anger and denial over Anakin's death. It seemed like such a waste. I didn't mind Jacen, but when Anakin paused to think over a matter he seemed to get to the point a lot quicker than his brother. He was the more natural leader, and wasn't needlessly afraid to do what was necessary. Now with Jacen's death, Anakin's seems all the more pointless.

18. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    I went through periods of anger and denial over Anakin's death. It seemed like such a waste.

aye my feelings exactly

19. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    I'm in love with Anakin Solo. Best character. I'm so pissed with George Lucas for killing him. It was the biggest mistake, followed by Mara's death.
    He was smart, kind, handsome, and i thought he was sexy.
    Would have loved to see him and Tahiri marrying. But no. George went and killed him off. Good one George (Y)

20. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    I cried my freaking eyes out when I read SBS, and I had known beforehand that he was going to die.

READ IT. You won't be sorry. SBS is one of my favorite books like EVER. Even if they killed off Anakin...

21. Ryorin

Ryorin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2008
    Oh, Anakin! The Edge of Victory books developed him so much as a character! That event in SBS is what finally killed NJO for me...

22. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    I still love NJO, I enjoyed reading them even after Anakin died. Sure it wasn't the same, yes it could've been a whole stinkin' lot better, but it was still enjoyable.

23. Ryorin

Ryorin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2008
    For me, the events of NJO sapped the shininess right out of the SW Galaxy's future, and Anakin was the last straw. The books right before SBS had so much hope, but that event seemed to just punch hope right in the face.[face_beatup]

Maybe I'll recover some day and be able to read those books again, but until then...*curls into fetal position*[face_worried]

24. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    Hey guys and gals. Just thought I'd pop in to say gidday and let you know about something. Like yourselves I'm a huge Anakin fan, and was thoroughly disgusted with SBS, so I've opted to do something about it. :D For those who are into fanfic, you can find the result in my sig link titled Legacy Of Love.

25. ArindianSolo

ArindianSolo Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2007
    hardecore anakin solo fan here. my all time favorite jedi, and quite possibly my favorite character overall.

the JJK books were also the first star wars books i really read, since i was a young'n when they came out. i love those stories so much.. i felt pretty betrayed when SBS came around, but i still think of it as one of the best star wars books i've read.

i really wish he hadn't got the axe. his character had so much potential. he was an astounding jedi, and his relationship with tahiri was very exciting, both in its romance and in Ikrits observation that the two of them were far mroe powerful together than just the sum of their parts.

im re-reading the NJO right now, but its hard, knowing i'll have to live through the pain of SBS again... sigh.. such is life. I remember telling myself he would come back too; i came up with a ludicrous amount of schemes that somehow allowed him to return, but as much as i love the character, i do realize it would do more damage to the story than good.

still... if he just hadn't died..

one with the force or not, still the best jedi to ever roam the galaxy IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.