main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Animated Character Draft (Champion = Chim)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by EmpireForever, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Seriously. And if you take out Alucard, you may as well take out everyone from Hellsing just on principle. Having Hellsing characters on the list when there's no Alucard is just plain lame. Same thing more or less applies to Tenchi.

2. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Why's Tenchi so good? Apart from the lightspeed. Or is that why he's so good?

3. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Well, those Light Hawk Wings of his are pretty frackin' sweet, IIRC. But honestly, it's been a good while since I've watched any Tenchi. I'm kinda hazy on him. I remember him being quite awesome... but not quite as the completely and utterly invincible and unbeatable uber god of unstoppablness that Yak has him labled as.

But maybe he is. Like I said, hazy.

4. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Look up the last villain of the main series, "Z." This is a guy that punches through planets and destroys them just during his fight with Tenchi. And he can't at all beat Tenchi, even w/out light hawk wings.

Plus Tenchi even the first time he used the light-hawks stopped a blast that Kagato had intended to do something like destroy earth, I believe.

5. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Yeah, just did a quick search and this video popped up. Kinda flooding back to me now. Tenchi's gotta go. For serious. But, yeah, just on principle, can we have Tenchi Muyo characters on a Tenchi-less list?

6. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Aren't there other Tenchi series? Ones where he isn't so powerful?

7. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    In another I think he gets 10 Light-Hawks... I dunno, there are more though.

The other chars are dynamic enough imo to stand alone.

8. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004

We need an uber powerful draft with everyone too powerful to be in all the other drafts.

9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I think I'm takin Dr. Strange first

Do we want to keep Sailor Saturn, who no one picked for some odd reason?

10. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Oh for ****'s sake...[face_plain]

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Why would we need to do that?

12. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Get rid of her? Cause she destroys planets. As her like, job.

Oh, and can Pluto use her time-stoppage powers?

13. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Doing that kills her as well.

14. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I really don't want to cut Tenchi.

Humbug.

I was really hoping for a better response to raising the power, but the people have spoken.

I'll work on getting all of the additions and subtractions updated tomorrow, then we'll see if we're missing anybody.

Oh, and were we wanting to completely ban Nono, or leave her as Buster Machine No. 7?

15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I don't either but, well yeah I'm the person who suggested it...

DIdn't realize it killed her too. Well, at least she can get at least a draw out of every match, though she's hella powerful even w/out the glaive touching the ground. Okay, we can keep her I guess

Iono about Nono, y'know?

16. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I voted that we increase the power level, if that makes any difference. And being the champ, I think it does or should. It would be cool to have some more characters that are the same or more powerful than Nono, at least the same power level. I hate seeing some good characters lose out or get cut so soon, I really do.

Tyi said something about the next draft being unable to start until I was colorless'd again, so with that...this will likely be my last post with them. I wont be up for the turn of midnight on board time and that's when they officially run out. It was nice to have won a draft finally, even if it was the first one. And especially nice to win this one. I am excited to join the next one, assuming I can.

17. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    You are banned from this game henceforth.

Good day, sir.

18. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Heh, I was thinking about taking Sailor Saturn to go along with Alucard in the 2nd round. Before I decided to go evil with him. Probably wouldn't have worked out very well though. Not that my cohesion was any better the way I ended up taking the team...

19. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Haha.

Okay so, what 9 or 10 characters would comprise the tier directly below Nono-class? If there's not a tier that is able to compete with the next one up, that's when I start saying that the highest is too high.

20. Dom_Perignon

Dom_Perignon Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 11, 2006
    I was always wondering if Nono could fall under the illusions of Aizen or Itachi. If she can, then I could see them being able to take her when she's not in her planet-sized mode.

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I always thought she couldn't her being an android. Oh, and if some people were still interested we're prolly gonna start my superhero draft back up pretty soon. Site's on my sig

22. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    How many spots are in that? It seems pretty interesting, with the array of characters you have.

What's the deal with cohesion though? I was looking over some of the teams, and you've got one with Vader, Sonic, Luthor, and Molecule Man, and another one with Doom, Surfer, and Cap. What's the story on that? Or are there any team battles to begin with?

23. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    The one with Vader and co. actually had some logic to it. If I recall correctly it had fairly average cohesion. The other one you mention... Well, some people just can't draft.

Right now we're looking for 16. The past 2 have been 16

24. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Is it the exact same format as the ones here, or somewhat different?

25. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Based on this one but with some differences...

There's a 1-50 dice roll, um... There's a 4-person bench instead of 2 (14 chars per team overall) and you sub in weekly (so the benched 4 from week 1 play in week 2).

Each notable character has a "leadership" value to show how good of a leader he/she is. You pick your team's leader, I guess like a coach would a captain.

Oh yeah, there aren't numbers called for battles. There are battlefields (first time it was 7, last time it was 6 to facilitate team battles) and you spread your team out however you want amongst them, and you can leave some blank (forfeit) if you want to so you can overpower others.

We judge match by match (1 opponent vs. another) rather than battlefield by battlefield. No one really makes too many of the arguments over the boards cause we pretty much all know each other IRL or have each other's AIM names, so judges can be personally accosted at virtually all times. But you can also put arguments on the board if you want, rant, rave, or contribute to Smacktalk threads made by people who haven't won anything...

Also b/c we pretty much all know each other the judges also play. It hasn't caused a problem thus far, and we're moving to a 5 judge system so if it becomes a problem then judges just won't judge their own matches.

Oh yeah, prep doesn't give you info on your opponent(s). It gives 24 hours to talk with your team and if no one knows anything about the opponents then you just don't get info (so people from outside of comics would be harder to prep for).
    Then you have another 24 to get/build whatever you need. So if, say, Iron Man gets no info he can still beef himself up in some ways. Oh yeah, and you don't have to prep all the members of a trump, but if the prepped person has something useful to give to a partner or something it's factored in that they'd have to actually do that during the battle.

Still working on the final character list, if anyone wants to input or ask questions or something.

Oh yeah, you can look at past matches, I think on the discussion board.

Oh yeah, I remember that Doom, Surfer, Jean team. They got to the playoffs but mostly off Franklin Richards and Scarlet Witch rolling high all the time. Of course he also lost in the playoffs first round when they rolled low. I think I took them out this time...

And prepped Sonic characters can transform into their super forms b/c... Why the hell not? That's what they came to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.