main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Art of Darth Zemog! Slight Update 4/17/06

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthZemog, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    "I'm not dead yet!" - Old Peasant (Monty Python's Holy Grail)

Wow, it's been ages since I've been here, so here's some cool news about what I've been up to, I guess in case people were wondering. I entered three different art contests and I ended up winning two out of three and I placed in the third! I was totally surprised by this too! My Sin City pic Sin City
    and my Earthworm Jim/Peter Puppy pic Good Boy! both brought home the "gold" so to speak and my Hellboy pic Hellboy vrs Kronen! won me the 1:1 scale prop replica Right Hand of Doom as a runner up prize! Check it out, DZ's Right Hand of Doom! It's so awesome, I love wearing it around the house, my wife just laughs at her big geeky husband and his Hellboy Hand! :D [face_dancing]

I've also had the opportunity to get a small back page article published in the March issue of Videomaker , the magazine I work for! It was about Fan Films in general and it went over so well with our Editorial Department that I just finished a follow up article about one of the "in production" fan films I mentioned from the first one. Not sure what issue it will be in, but I'll let people know when it comes out!

I have also recently began to accept commission drawings. If you want to know more about that, please visit my DevART page. Haven't had much Star Wars art to post, but I did finish two SW commissions and I thought I'd post the links to them for all to see!

Well that's about it for now. Other than hunting for new Saga figures, (Cody is becoming my White Whale), I'm working on some more Teen Titans fan art along with two other commissions. As for some new SW art, well I've been sketching out some of the ROTS Clone Commanders, and I think I might do a series of pics with them. Should be fun, always wanted to draw Cody!

Thanks for stopping by and stay classy TFN! ;)
    ~DZ

*NEW*
    Here's a commission of Lady Magax's SITH character of the same name! She had specific costume and features that needed to be done, but I also had a bit of freedom to design the SITH tattoo on her stomach, add some flare to the outfit and design the lightsabers she wields! Her character is also a bit psychotic too, and I hope that comes through in her smile! Very fun to draw! :D
    Lady Magax!

Next up is a commission I just finished of Zandoran Celix's SITH of the same name! He also had some specific details he wanted him to have, but also gave me some freedom to design his SITH tats and add a bit of detail to some of his outfit. I think he reminds me of a Samurai, and as that Clone found out, just as deadly as one too! Very fun to draw as well! (bad guys always are it seems!) [face_devil]
    Zandoran Celix!

Previous:

Star Wars Lilo and Stitch!!!
    Helmet Problems

SW Lilo and Stitch

Sith Stitch

Jedi Lilo

Fem Troopers
    Fem Royal Guard

Fem Biker Scout

Fem TIE Pilot

Bounty Hunters
    Bossk

Dengar

IG88

Misc
    Holiday Aayla!!!

Sonarr

Darth Zemog vrs Sonarr[

2. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Certainly well drawn, a little nutz with the women factor. But overall an excellent job. Keep at it.
    -Arsnl

3. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    [face_laugh] Amazing! Those are some great drawings, and hilarious! =D=

darth_nemisis

4. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Excellent! Even better than I remember! Very nice perception of the female form; my favorite is the TIE-Fighter pilot, followed by the Royal Guard. Amazing, as always. Your details are incredible.

I take it your up for requests now, hm? [face_batting] I jest, of course. :p

Well done. Please, keep up the great work!

~Vassago

5. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Nice to see you back!

6. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Vassago, read would you!

Jeez! [face_shame_on_you]

:p

Zemog, I keep looking at the IG-88 picture and keep getting amazed at how detailed that is! I love it!

EDIT: Woh, I somehow missed the GG and Obi fight! :eek: Awesome!

darth_nemisis

7. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Yay! Zemog's back! [face_dancing]

Out of your slightly odd renderations of troopers, I have to say I like the Scout Trooper the best. Oh, and that Dengar one is halarious [face_laugh] Kenobi vs. Grievous is awsome :eek:

Glad to see you back :) Can't wait to see more of your work :)

8. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Why does everyone think it's so odd? I think his renditions of the Femtroopers are awesome. [face_mischief]

darth_nemisis posted on 6/22/05 1:14pm
    Vassago, read would you!

Jeez! [face_shame_on_you]

[face_tongue]

Zemog, I keep looking at the IG-88 picture and keep getting amazed at how detailed that is! I love it!

[b]EDIT:[/b] Woh, I somehow missed the GG and Obi fight! [face_shock] Awesome!

[color=red][hl=black][b][i]darth_nemisis[/i][/b][/hl][/color]
    [hr][/blockquote]

Shut up, [b]Nemisis[/b], I can read!!! :| :p

~Vassago

9. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    Excellent work, Zemog, as always :) I look forward to more... AND I EXPECT IT!!! :mad: :p

10. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Your line work is as gorgeous as ever. :)

11. JimmyZ

JimmyZ Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    Whoo Your back.

I came along after your thread was locked to the Fan art Section. Andlet me tell you, I fawn over your art work. It has to be some of the best art I have ever seen. Especially for just being hand drawn and no color. Your Details are beyond amazing. Great Job. =D=

12. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    You continue to amaze me Zemog... nicely done... my wife likes your drawings very much.

13. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Awww, thank you so much everybody for the warm welcome back! [face_blush]

I should have some more new stuff up real soon, I'm working on a Bossk pic that well, you may either like it or hate it! It's gonna be interesting to see the responces it gets! [face_mischief]

I'm also doing some work outside of the SW relm. I may post some links to these too.
    Stay tuned and thanks again, it's nice to be back! :D
    ~DZ

14. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Beautiful, beautiful linework! The Obi vs. Grievous is insane in the best possible way. It feels like the two of them are about to crash out of the page. And I can certainly appreciate the more 'feminine' character redesigns...

DZ, it's so great to see new stuff from you! I can't wait to see your Bossk.

15. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I'll pass the motion:
    Yaaayyy!! Zemog's back!! [face_dancing]

And bearing art, he comes! :p I just loved everything (what a geek! :p )!! The Rancors, both of them, are just great (I really had a laugh over the mailbag minus the mailman!)--your "Imperial Pinups" are just wonderful--you should do a calendar for all the Imperial fans here! lol! (AAACK!! I just generated a request--I just know it!! ;) ) I saw your Obi Wan Vs. Grievous once before, and just gaped at it, dumbfounded, back then--it still has the same effect! And I think a series of the Bounty Hunters is inspired--we don't see much of them, and it's a treat to see them in your fabulous style! Speaking of detail, the Tusken is outstanding--another character we don't often see!

Welcome back, DZ--we missed ye' while you were away! :D

FF

16. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Wonderful work! I posted a couple of comments on my favourites in your devart (I'm jeddibub btw). Loved it all and hope to see some more. Oh and my brother liked your girls ;) Especially the Tie pilot, apparently there's something about a girl with a helmet. ?[face_plain]

17. LordBlack

LordBlack Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    How the hell do you draw so good? Really. Its a bit of a kick in the balls because i used to draw, alais no longer. :(

18. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    Sweet fem troopers. The fem scout was my fav. [face_love]

I really like that GG and Obi-Wan sketch as well.

I don't know how you do it, but I can never get the visual appearance of motion in my sketches. No matter how hard I try they still look lifeless and 2 dimensional. I just don't have the skill, or more likely I lack the patience.

I am content to look at your works, great work as always Zemog.

Thanks for giving us some new stuff to look at, much appreciated. :)

19. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    awesome new stuff, Zemog!
    The female troopers are great, and IG-88 is totally amazing!

Keep your great work up, Zemog! And a question:
    Would you take a request about clone commandos? [face_thinking]

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Glad to see you back, Zemog! :D

And what a wonderful collection of drawings you have to offer. Those femtroopers are really an original design. And since I'm currently working on a TIE pilot costume, I can't help but get a good laugh at them. ;)

21. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    DZ is a god with pencils lol! :D

I think you can assume that I love every single piece of work you come out with! (except I perticularly like the Tusken Raider for some reason, I think its the detail you put in it lol :p)

Oh, and its great to have you back, your drawings really inspire me! :) You are another artist who I long to be like in a few years time lol! ;)

22. rblitz

rblitz Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    Awsome! Im gona color some and if I post this here Ill give credit to you so dont worry.

23. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Wooow. Really awesome line work. I LOL'ed at the woman, :p And the second rancor is like... cute. As in I want to pet it... :eek:

24. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Wow! When I clicked on the first link, I wasn't expecting to see a Rancor jumping out at me! Nice choice to start off the thread. I also din't think it was possible to make a Rancor look adorably cute, but you have!

Your artwork is splendid - you have such a fantastic eye to detail, And some really interesting idea's too (the pinup's for instance :p). I'm still relatively new here and all, but I'm glad that you've come back to share your work once again.

- Suz ^_~

25. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Great to see you back Zem.

Looking forward to your illos lol.

I am still tinkering with this one but here's a preview. Hope you like.
    [image=http://trashcompactorchronicles.co.uk/images/Obi_vrs_Greivous.jpg]

D:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.