main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ The Battlestar Galactica appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chansplace, Jul 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Remember Battlestar Galactica? let me refresh your memory: Adama, Apollo and starbuck, Vipers, Cylons, and who could forget the Imperious leader!
    Battlestar has to be one of my all time favourite TV programmes.

2. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Yep. Mine too.

TV4 had re-runs on sci-fi tuesday about 12 - 18 months ago.

I found it quite amusing that some of the dogfight sequences had been recycled in a lot of episodes (where they flipped the film).

Cylons were cool when you were about 9 years old. I think if they decided to remake Galactica they would have to make the cylons a bit more like the Borg, unyeilding and merciless, instead of plodding and clumsy.

3. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    I brought a cylon base model and converted it to a Space Marine drop pod 4 40K.

4. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    Remember there was a court case thing when it came out, because the main effects guy John Dykstra (I think thats his name) had worked for ILM on ANH. Lucas felt that too many of the ships and stuff looked too close to the stuff Dykstra had done for SW.

5. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    The Fox network in America has given the go-ahead to make a pilot episode for a new Battlestar Galactica series. If the rating go well, then there will be a proper series.

This new series is supposed to carry on where the old one left off (ignore the flying motorcycles and boy scouts series), possibly with some of the old cast appearing too.

Also, on the topic of good ol' TV shows, there are plans for an A-Team movie and a new Knight Rider series. There were also rumors of a Greatest American Hero movie, but I've not heard anything more about that one.

Now all we need is a new Buck Rogers series and I'll be happy. :)

Of course, if they added a Star Wars TV series then I'd be extremely happy. :D

6. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Oh how I ache for my old cable TV connection. Buck Rogers followed by Star Trek followed by Battlestar Galactica...

I think I had my first feelings of a ....hmmm female nature for Buck Rogers. Now I just get all my men to dress up in silver bodysuits. They think it's because of the High voltage radio towers near my home. Whatever works ;)

7. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    yeah, those space battle scenes were funny how they flipped them to make them look different. I heard about a new series, but it all seemed to be rumours until now!

8. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    A new Knight Rider series? Cool!! I just hope it's better than Team Knight Rider, that was a bit lame.

But I guess nothing will ever live up to the original.

9. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    OK, lots of replies. (Sorry to take over the BG thread) :)

Kahlan72:
    > Oh how I ache for my old cable TV
    > connection. Buck Rogers followed by Star
    > Trek followed by Battlestar Galactica

Here in New Zealand we've currently got reruns of Buck Rogers playing now (we in season two) on TV4 on Saturday nights, followed by reruns of Sliders and then fresh episodes of Deep Space Nine. :)

PLUS, reruns of Voyager and Deep Space Nine one after the other on Sunday afternoons on TV4.

AND, reruns (doesn't anybody make a decent TV show anymore) of Blake's 7 everyday except Saturdays on Prime.

Chansplace:
    > I heard about a new series, but it all
    > seemed to be rumours until now!

Yep, it's official (at least as a pilot). Here's hoping it IS worth watching and gets the ratings for a new series to go into production. There's not a lot more information than that yet though.

There's supposed to be an article in the TV Guide in America with details of the new Enterprise series soon (next week?), including a few pictures.

Kitt327:
    > A new Knight Rider series?

Yep. It's still just "plans" in David Hasselhoff's head at the moment, but the current "information" is that:
    • It will be based on the original series taking over years later.

• David H. will be back as Michael Knight, who has taken over Devon's role with two younger Knight Riders.

• KITT will (hopefully) be back, along with two new cars. David H. is trying to get the original guy back to voice KITT too.

• The current (working?) title is "Super Knight Rider 3000", which doesn't sound that promising. :(

It surely can't be worse than Team Knight Rider, but hopefully it's way better. :)

BUT, I still want a Star Wars TV show. :(

10. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    I doubt a Star Wars TV show would work to be honest. You just wouldn't get the same feel as you do in a theatre.

11. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    There has already been a new Knight Rider series and it was 'Team Knight Rider' or something. There were about 4 vehicles and a couple of motorbikes that all had a 'Kitt' type computer onboard. It wasn't anything like the original Knight Rider though!

12. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Dear Buzz-Bumble,
    Thankyou for your informing and interesting post. I'll remember to ask you anything I need about Sci-fi TV Series! :)
    ..and I'm very jealous about the Deep SPace NIne and Voyager back-to-back. Not that I would ever watch Star Trek, nor would I ever go to the Star Trek URL which has a little on the Enterprise series and the plot and stuff.
    *Crosses index fingers and hisses..*
    Star Trek,begone you foul demons of the underworld

13. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    super knight rider 3000?
    damm, thats a good one, just rolls of the tongue

14. rhysati_ynr

rhysati_ynr Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    appreciates Battlestar galactica but mostly apollo.

I used to love KITT too he was cool for a car

15. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Kahlan72:
    > I'll remember to ask you anything I need about Sci-fi TV Series!

I think of starting up a website for TV/Movies in New Zealand, plus rumors and news from overseas - especially as someone stole my Star Wars New Zealand idea a while back ;) - but I haven't really got the time at the moment.

I get most of my "news" from the appropriate Usenet Newsgroups for the different shows and a couple of websites.

There's also a HUGE list of "coming" movies at Counting Down Movies, some of which have recently been released.

16. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    If this Kitt car thing was cool for a car then Stuntacons was extremly cool.

17. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Someone stole your Star Wars New Zealand idea!?! <GASP>
    Damn, somethings are just no longer sacred ;)

[TRUTH]I'm not into Battlestar, hate Deep space nine and voyager. Not a fan of Buck rogers. LOVE Knight Rider[/TRUTH]

As of March 7 2001:
    "In an online chat with Yahoo! last night David Hasselhoff was asked about the possiblity of a Knight Rider Movie. According to David, "The Knight Rider movie is in negotiations while we speak. Whether it's a film or Movie of the Week for television is yet to be decided. We'll know more next week, but basically it's about Michael Knight coming out of retirement after being frozen, because he was injected with a fatal poison. Devon, who is now the great-great-grandniece of Devon Miles, Michael's boss and mentor, is now running the Foundation for Law and Government, which is called FLAG. She, with her new partner (a very young Michael Knight type), will team up with the original Michael Knight and the new K.I.T. to carry on what will be the Knight Rider 3000 in the future." The board has never seen more activity. If produced, this would be the 3rd reincarnation for Knight Rider."

18. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Yep, someone always steals my good ideas.

I used to think up all these great ideas for computer games (back in the C64 and Amiga days) and then a few weeks later some company or other would announce that they were releasing it. :(

And I never receive any royalty payments either. :_|

19. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
  20. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    K.I.T.T. was the best car ever. I would give anything to have a car like him. He had way more personality than everyone else on the show combined.

21. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Lucky me, I have got a car that looks as close as you can get to KITT without actually being the same make/model, pop-up headlights and all - except mine's red. :D

There seems to be quite a few people in America (as well as England and Australia) who buy the real make/model and fit it out like KITT, complete with the roving red scanner on the front - which coincidently that's similar to the eye of a Cylon from Battlestar Galactica.

22. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    actually now that i remember i met KITT back in the 1980s, well a replica anyway, it did a tour of the country, i caught in oamaru, well my father took me, i got a signed photo too, not sure by whom though

23. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Ha! i've got a photo with KITT too, that was one of the greatest days i've ever had.

24. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    I fell so deprived being young not Know what this KITT car thing is.

25. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    i've lost the photo:(

i think i was too young when it came, i did't take good enough care of it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.