main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Beginning (Week 4, Day Task 1)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by TheEmperorsHand, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    My earliest memory of Star Wars? well, let?s see. I?m ashamed to say I didn?t even really see the films until 7th grade. Horrible, I know. What?s even worse is that my first memory of them?. was seeing Empire Strikes Back in 6th grade at school ? our teacher used to let us watch movies during lunch ? and not caring! But then, the boy I had a crush on at the time asked me to play Math 24 with him, and how can you refuse your crush?

[image=http://www.learningforallages.com/images/Math24SD1d.jpg]

So, instead of watching one of the greatest films of all time, I played Math 24. Really, I wish I?d known then. The following year when I saw them, however, I was quite spellbound. The only way I remember it was ESB, though, was becasue of Yoda. I happened to glance up and see him lifting the X-Wing.

[image=http://www.barbaraling.com/starwars/yoda.jpg]

I haven?t seen the boy in 2 or 3 years, by the way. :p

So there you have it, my earliest memory of Star Wars. ;)

2. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    You played a MATH game instead of watching Star Wars???? :eek:

:p Don't worry, when the Special Editions came out, I was in 7th grade. So I was older when saw the movies for the first time too. :)

3. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Kas, now wouldn't you play Math 24 with the boy you had a crush on?

4. JediPrincessKas

Aug 9, 2002
    I actually don't know what Math 24 is. [face_blush] But I suppose I would have played the game also.

5. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    Math 24... ah, such a fun game. maybe :p ok, Kas, see the picture of the card I posted up there? you use those four numbers to try to get 24. like the answer to that card is: "2 times 3 is 6 times 4 is 24 times 1 is 24" - that's how I used to rattle them off anyway. ;)

But that boy and I, we were the two best people in our school at Math 24! (actually, there were only 200 people in our school and only about 60 were even eligible to play and most didn't.... still though!)

6. JediPrincessKas

Aug 9, 2002
    Hm...that sounds like a pretty interesting game, Alison. :) I doubt I'd be very good, but it would be pretty fun to play one time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.