main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Bespin Cafe - The Han/Leia Fanfic Index - We've Moved to Version 2.0!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    That's a very funny picture, Aquarius! [face_laugh] - But THE COVER? I really like the hardback's cover.... she could have saved that, just cut off the top lettering! :p

2. Aquarius_1977

Aquarius_1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    I told her that. But she's an artist, and she didn't like how they drew Han's neck, so it was outta there.

Besides, she burned HER copy, not mine! [face_laugh]

3. Aquarius_1977

Oct 18, 2004
    Hey, speaking of COPL covers...I may have seen it wrong since I only had time for a quick look, but did they change the cover for the paperback version? I seem to remember they looked more like they were dressed for Endor or something. Really weird, it didn't seem to match the story at all...but then imho the story didn't match the characters much, so maybe that *is* appropriate, lol.

4. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
  5. Aquarius_1977

Oct 18, 2004
    Wow. I wonder if they thought it would help them sell more books? Any way, the last time I checked Amazon I didn't see that cover, I saw the hardcover one, but maybe I clicked the wrong thing. Thanks!

6. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    ... Ladies and gents, we're drawing a blank for challenges thus far for the month of March...

We challenge you to this -

In the next twelve hours, post what you would like to see in a challenge.

We will take the ideas we see and randomize them, perhaps saving a few for later, perhaps not, and come up with a challenge for March.

Conditions: They must be theme "St. Patrick's Day" centric :p meaning green beer/ale, the color green, lots of drinking etc... Only Star Wars Style!

7. Aquarius_1977

Oct 18, 2004
    Okay, here are a couple of random ideas. Each one could be a stand-alone, and let the author run with it as long as that element is addressed in the fic. Or you can combine them with something else as you see fit.

1. A drinking song must ge involved--the lyrics of which the author must make up and include.

2. The color green must figure prominently in the fic, but in what capacity and context is up to the author.

3. Author must involve a sugar-sweetened cereal based on a mythical creature said to bring good luck. Bonus points if auththor plausibly works in Han saying "They're always after my 'lucky charms.'"

4. Han and/or Leia end up involved in a ritual that requires the kissing of a stone.

5. Han and/or Leia makes a startling confession after geting wasted at a local heritage festival. Bonus points if they started drinking at 5 am at a beer tent.

These probably aren't very good, and I'm admittedly in kind of a crackheaded mood...but maybe they'll spark something that someone will actually like. In the meantime, if I think of anything else, I'll post again.

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'd like to see...

1) An alliance-sponsored drinking game with the winner getting a ridiculous prize.

2) The phrase "luck o' the Corellians" and the idea that it's completely idiotic.

3) A man getting slapped if he isn't wearing green.

9. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

It's Corellian Day - which is a holiday of drinking and partying, harks back to when the old monarchy was over thrown (yes I think I just combined Bastille Day and St Patricks day in one). Han claims that Leia can't keep up with him and the two begin to have a drinking contest. They must become overly flirtatious with each other, Luke has to pass out from trying to keep up, and Hobbie and Wes should have a running commentary through out.

10. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    - It's "St. Patryk's Day."

- Han, Leia, (and maybe) Luke are looking for a rock before the Empire gets it - and one of them ends up kissing it and literally can't stop talking for hours.

- Someone feels brave and challenges Han (and everyone else) to a drinking game. In the end, someone ends up passed out, someone blurts a secret (funny, serious, etc.), and someone ends up more or less sober.

- They're all wearing green for a strange reason up to the author.

11. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks guys!

Those are going to be a lot of fun to include ;) I'll try not to make the Challenge too much of a Challenge.

I've run into one snag, so I'm just waiting for something from LP... I'll be getting the update to you guys tonight one way or another - really early morning board time on the 8th, so look for it then!

12. HanLeiaFanficGuru

HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    February Update!

- 4 New January Saga Stories
    - 5 New January Beyond Stories
    - 2 New February Saga Stories
    - 3 New February Beyond Stories

MTFBWY!

The indexers would like to take the time to thank you guys for helping compile the Challenge for March. so, without further ado, here it is!

March Challenge!

[color=white][hl=green]It's Corellian Day - which is a holiday of drinking and partying, harks back to when the old monarchy was over thrown.[/color][/hl]

Must Include:

1) The color green - prominently
    2) Someone kissing a stone
    3) A man getting slapped for not wearing green (bonus points if it?s Han)
    4) The phrase ?They?re after my lucky charms? (bonus points if it?s Han ? and he gets slapped for it ;) )
    5) Excessive drinking, or allusion to excessive drinking
    6) A drinking game/song concocted by the author.
    7) The phrase "luck o' the Corellians" (bonus points if Han [i]isn?t[/i] the one to say it)
    8) A four leafed green plant for decoration ? that someone eats by mistake

Good luck!

13. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    On that note, I'd also like to add I'm having problems editing the library stories page - but I have the update ready and saved to my hard drive. We'll see if we can't fix it...

And, so everyone's aware, LP and I are talking about revamping the index, to make it eassier to find things etc, etc... and maybe thinking about a new look - so if anyone has any suggestions about what they'd like to see in the index, now's the time to let us know :)

14. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Woot! JadeMax, you did a great job with the update!

And yes, anyone out there with ideas on how what you'd like to see here, please let us know. Let's make this the most happening place in Resource :D

15. Aquarius_1977

Oct 18, 2004

OMG!! Smell that smoke? That's me, thinking...[face_thinking] [face_good_luck] [face_mischief]

16. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

Darn I thought that smoke was breakfast :p

This is gonna be soooo bad . . . yet soo good [face_mischief]

17. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    I didn't think it was that bad *laughs*

Though PonyTricks doesn't want to see Han slapped *chuckle* At least, I gathered that from the post on the forum lol!

I couldn't resist - everyone seemed to want someone slapped - I only said bonus points it it was Han - it doesn't -have- to be!

18. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

Ya didn't say it had to be a mean slap [face_batting]

He could just get a swat on the bum ( I just used the word bum [face_laugh] )

Oh I had an idea for the thread - Why don't we hold writing workshops. We all interrupt H/L in are own quirky way. I think it'd be fun to see how we all think when writing a scene.

19. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    We interrupt them or interpret them? Because the first option would just be darned mean! :p

20. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

:oops: [face_blush]

umm . . . I meant the latter [face_batting]

21. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'd like the former...

22. Aquarius_1977

Oct 18, 2004
    It was that, too. I sorta burned the bacon. :oops:

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Whoa. Haven't been in this thread for quite a while.

Just wanted to say I like this month's challenge! This should be very interesting. ;)

24. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    This should prove to be an interesting challenge...I'm already laughing thinking of the possibilities! [face_laugh]

25. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    LOL! I guess then that would be cute! :D - I remember once writing a story (and I've forgotten which one, too. PT is old.) that Chewie gives Han a short spanking on his bum]... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.