main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Boxing Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthSubZero, May 15, 2007.

1. DRHJ9

DRHJ9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2003
    I don't think so.

Mayweather might win on points, but it will not be a replay of the Marquez fight. He will not dominate Manny, will definitely not outwork him....and I don't think he has the power to KO Manny.

2. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    These guys are both talented fighters, which means that it will come down to heart. Manny has more heart than Mayweather, that is why he will win this fight. If it happens.

3. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Double Post, sorry.

4. DRHJ9

May 19, 2003
    I actually think Floyd has shown heart...but more ego. That is why he doesn't take on the best, because he loves his undefeated record. Most of his fights are against journeyman level fighters, with a good puncher in Corrales, washed up De La Hoya, and an overmatched Hatton and Marquez...who Floyd deliberately weighed in over weight and took the penalty...thus giving him an even bigger advantage.

5. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Maybe in Rocky, but styles make fights. And for all of Mayweather's arrogance, he is in a class of his own when it comes to boxing. Manny is a great fighter, but if he wants to win he is going to have to brawl, not box. Because if he trys to outbox Floyd, he is going to get picked apart.

6. DRHJ9

May 19, 2003
    And Mayweather will have to throw a lot of punches, which doesn't happen.

Manny is not the same fighter who charges in recklessly, throwing a jab and straight left as he runs in.

He uses angles and head movement, and now has a great right, to go along with his great left.

Mayweather's shoulder roll will not win this fight. He will have to open up and throw. Manny is always in great condition, and will work in the ring. This fight is more even than you give it credit for.

And again, Mayweather does not have the power to hold manny stricly on the outside.

If there is one thing Mayweather does not do, it is jab a lot. He will definitely need to do that.

7. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    True, but Mayweather isn't going to stand there to get hit. And we all know Mayweather isn't going to knock Pacman out, he is going to do what he always does and try to break him down by rounds and simply outbox Pac. People don't give Mayweather enough credit for being a smart boxer. IMO, there is more of Chance Floyd wins by decision, then Pac knocking him out, but who knows anything can happen.

8. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    I'd say Pacman wins in a decesion situation just because he throws more punches than Mayweather. In any scenario Pacman wins be it heart or fighting style. Mayweather hasn't faced anyone like Pacquaio recently, he will be deceived by his speed. While Mayweather tries to keep Pacquaio on the outside, Pacquaio will fill him in with lefts inside and bounce back outside. IMHO of course.

9. DRHJ9

May 19, 2003

Floyd is absolutely a smart boxer.

If Floyd outboxes Manny, and outclasses him...I will be the first one to post in this thread and eat crow....

But, I think Manny is the type of fighter who can beat Floyd. Will he? Maybe, maybe not. I just don't see this fight being lopsided.

Remember the Floyd/Castillo I fight? Floyd can be outworked and out hussled. Floyd did stand and get hit, in that fight.

Like I said before...he won't be able to shoulder roll his way through this fight. Manny is too fast, and has power in both of his hands. Manny also does what Roach tells him to do....unlike De La Hoya, who just forgot to throw his jab in the last half of his fight with Floyd!

Oh...and we are all speculating!! It might not even happen!:p :mad:

10. DRHJ9

May 19, 2003
    What a letdown...

Both men should be ashamed. I think it was more about ego that PED's for both. If Floyd was serious, why did he give in and offer 14 days...and Manny tested 14 days prior for Hatton...

Hatred and Ego robbed us.

And, did I predict it or what....Floyd is taking the cowards road once again...and planning to fight....

NATE CAMPBELL!!!! a man that has never weighed more than 138 lbs for a fight, and is shorter than Floyd.

That is why it looks like I am always against Floyd...step up man, c'mon.

At least Pacquiao is fighting a fighter who poses somewhat of a threat.

11. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Floyd should fight Paul Williams.

12. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    Irony, Mayweather is going to fight Mosley.

13. DRHJ9

May 19, 2003
    I will give him credit...

I don't think Mayweather could talk up a fight with Nate campbell...

Floyd couldn't pull the wool over everyones eyes again...By Pacquiao fighting two men that are bigger, and very dangerous, that created a mandate that Floyd finally fight someone who poses a threat.

It isn't impossible that the fight that emerges out of all this is Mosely/Clottey.

14. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    If Moseley and Clottey win and face each other, then Mayweather and Pacman can face each other as the losers. Would still be a hell of a fight.

15. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I don't really care for boxing, but I happened to see an ESPN thing on Buster Douglass last night... anyone else see it?

16. DRHJ9

May 19, 2003
    ^^

Yeah, it was really interesting...you can tell Douglas still regrets not taking advantage of his opportunity...

I still don't think he would have beaten a prime Holyfield though.

17. DRHJ9

May 19, 2003
    I was watching a replay of the Dirrell and Abraham fight...

I have to say that after watching the past few Abraham fights....Is there a bigger cry baby or coward in the sport right now?

He cried like a coward after getting hit, by legit body shots. Only one of Dirrell's punches was low, and that one was on the belt line.

Then he hit him (Dirrell) while he was down, and it was NO accident. He (Abraham) stood, looked down, cocked back and punched. If they were in Nevada, he would probably be suspended.

On another note....Mayweather/Mosely is going to be a good fight. This is really Floyd's first fight with a fighter who can match him in speed, and skill....not defense though...

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Edwin Valero commits suicide after (possibly) murdering his wife.

W.T.F?

19. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
  20. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    My reaction before Mosley v Mayweather: [face_dancing]

During the fight: [face_tired]

By the last round: I-)

21. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    This fight looked good after 2 rounds for Mosley. Mayweather just destroyed Mosley the rest of the fight. I want Pac-Man v Mayweather. That's the only good fight left now.

22. DRHJ9

May 19, 2003
    Mayweather fought a great fight...when it was over...I was more impressed with his chin and accuracy, than anything else. He was rocked in round two!

Mosely looked tense through the whole fight...I think he was over trained, like Lamply and Steward said.

Mayweather was the better man that night.

There are other good fights besides Pacquiao, but there is no public mandate for those fights.

Paul Williams, Sergio Martinez, Berto, etc....But Manny and Floyd are the top two.

23. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Klitschko wins again quite easily. Man the heavy weight division is boring these days.

24. DRHJ9

May 19, 2003
    There are not enough good Heavyweights to sustain the division.

Both K. Brothers

Haye

and after that, there are a bunch of journeyman level fighters....like:

I am sure I will butcher the spelling :p :

Valuev, Briggs, Ruiz, Rahmon, Ibragimov, Ademak, Grant,.....YAWN ZZZZZ!

After Holyfield vs Lewis II, there were no other worthy challengers, (Hassim Rahmon was a fluke). Both K. brothers were either injured, or not ready to step up and fight the best in the division.

25. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    I guess we have to wait for the next generation of fighters, hopefully a few of them are heavy weights. It's sad really. Pacquaio v Mayweather is the one and only fight that I want to see, and that might never happen with the dope testing issue out there.