main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.14 - Eminence - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I miss the episodes being on Friday night.

2. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Yes. Any other questions? :)

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Argh -- agreed! Seriously, the very concept of the "Saturday morning cartoon" must have been invented as some sort of cruel and unusual torture. I'll probably wake up by the time it airs, but still... it was so much easier to watch at night, or the rerun the very next morning if you happened to miss it. Plus more people were online during the time it used to air.

Cool! Is it better or worse than Revival?

Order66Survivor likes this.
  4. Bounty hunter sith

Bounty hunter sith Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2013
    How was the Embo vs Savage Part

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Yep. Things haven't been the same since, but I expect this arc to be highlight of the season. It has Sidious, how could he not be?

6. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Sideous, at least I feel, is one of the few characters TCW always gets right when he pops up. I also loved how he was voiced, but that might just be mean.

7. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    The Emperor himself dishing out the first onscreen bada**ry we've seen since ROTS came out, on Darth Maul no less.

Order66Survivor and Darth_Cronos like this.
  8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Just as good as Revival

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Pretty good

11. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    The edit function is your friend.:)

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    My bad, Mods, combine one please :)

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    There's something.... decidedly... odd.... about requesting spoilers about Darth Maul from Darth Vader....

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    how is that odd :p

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  16. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    For anyone who hasn't watched the episode yet don't read my post. Canada aired this tonight on Teletoon.

I enjoyed this episode a lot, considering the last four bore-fest episodes we've just had to sit through. It was nice to see action again that didnt involve kermit the frog talking to himself, beeping droids, and dodo birds running through deserts. As a stand-a-lone episode it was obviously a set up for what is to come, but there were still enough moments to enjoy and be entertained with. Nothing boring or low-key about this 'set up' episode like Front Runners. Visually it was stunning and there was quite a bit of action.

Pros:

-Animation (you can tell this was made after the previous two arcs (younglings/droid arc). Its on par with Revival. (which makes sense)
    - Locations were very detailed, beautiful scenes. Looked like it could be part of the films.
    - New alien species the tykes or something were a really cool design.
    - Black sun falleen all looked different, they weren't remodels of each other. Very strong designs and cool scene.
    - Lots of deaths (The Hutt dude, random red-shirt no ones, Black Sun Leader, guards,etc) It makes the show feel much more real and dark. Its not droids or clones being tossed around and killed, but sentient species.
    - Sugi/Maul duel- she has balls going after Maul one on one by herself after they just torched the room and left them for dead. Sugi stands her ground with Maul surprisingly but eventually she gets her arse handed to her. I was on my seat wondering if she was going to die or not, I was glad she survived. She came pretty dang close. I'd like to see more of her in the future.
    - Seeing familiar bounty hunters like Latz Razi, Dengar, Embo, and Sugi again and not just random no-name bounty hunters was enjoyable.
    - Scene where Maul force chokes Bo Katan was well done. Pre Viszla seemed nervous as to what would happen but at the same time figured he wasnt going to kill her.
    - Female Mandalorians, lots of em.
    - Katan without her helmet on screen finally.
    - Maul's new legs explained
    - Good action scenes.
    - The overall theme of past episodes all merging into one showdown (Maul/Mandalorians/Hutts/Bounty Hunters/Pacifist movement on Mandalore, Obi Wan Kenobi besting Maul/Pre Viszla) The war is getting real and its reflecting a sense of fluidity and progress in the overall scope of the show.

Cons:

- I didnt like the comment about "the underworld is a small community". As if in a galaxy full of hundreds of thousands of habited planets the underground black market is described as being "small"
    - Bo Katan not being present for the Hutts meeting on Nal Hutta. She seems to walk around everywhere with Maul/Savage/Pre Viszla but then randomly she disappears on Nal Hutta.
    - Bo Katan didnt have a lot of fighting scenes as Filoni promised she would, but I'm sure we'll see a lot of her in the next two episodes so I'm not worried.
    - Mustafar being used again, its overkill now. Pick a new planet, its losing its relevance to Anakin's fall. Everyone has a base of some sort on the planet it seems.

General comment- not necessarily positive or negative in nature just an observation of mine but this Maul arc is showing a lot of aggression towards to the ladies of the show. Last episode (chronologically Revival came before this) Adi Gallia was brutally killed by Savage, this episode Bo Katan is force choked into submission, and then Sugi is beat to a pulp by Maul. If I remember correctly he even snaps her arm and then tosses her like a ragdoll. From what is seems from the next episode's preview on Teletoon,this trend seems to continue. I just find it interesting and I like the fact that the series does not save the brutal fights for just the male characters. These female characters are getting their fair share of beatings too, which is fair and equal. I'm sure someone out there might think its too much 'women abuse' in one arc, but I think its refreshing that the women are going toe to toe with men. I don't want to start a whole male versus female debate, just an observation thats all.

I'd give it a 9/10

17. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Did any Mustafarians appear on Mustafar?

18. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I don't think so, I could be wrong, but I don't think I saw those.

19. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    There isn't any in the book. :)

20. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Does Sidious battle Maul and Savage in this arc?

I won't be home to watch this episode. Will have to watch it sometime later.

21. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    OKay, is anyone else tired of this Maul Opress arc? I'll watch because I vowed to see this animated series through to the end and the last couple of episodes were really well done, but I was against this resurrection of Maul in the first place and now it seems the powers that be just want to drag this arc out indefinitely to fill in gaps where they have no original stories.

22. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    You're not the only one.. :(

23. Darth_Cronos

Darth_Cronos Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2009
    OMF! BEMO WAS IN STARWARS!!!!![face_dancing]

24. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    - The animation has gotten truly amazing, the frost on Maul was well done.
    - Mandalorians! Can't have enough of them.
    - This episode had the best music out of any Clone Wars episode we've seen.
    - Lt. Dan got new legs! Er, I mean Maul did.
    - Black Sun + Sith + Death Watch on Mustafar = awesome.
    - Savage decapitates a Falleen with a saber toss.
    - Nal Hutta has rings? Didn't remember that one, the planet animation though has gotten incredible.
    - Cool to see Maul and Savage actually struggle with Bounty Hunters, I was afraid they would just crush them. The Mandalorians though help.
    - Maul is truly a reflection of Sidious, he's a great schemer. It's an incredible shame they sliced him in half in the movies, this is how the prequels should have been. Maul has one heck of a cooler entrance than Luke did in Jabba's palace. Just guts the guards with his lightsaber.
    - Tatooine and Maul again! This time though, Maul and co. destroys everyone, instead of loosing to a kid and an aged Jedi Master.
    - Starting to see some tension between Viszla and Maul, Viszla wants all the glory to himself. Maul clearly knows this, and knows his anger towards him.
    - Great setup and transition into the next episode where Mandalore is concerned.

Easily the finest episode this season, the best in terms of animation and music for certain. Not much in the way of bad moments. One of the easiest 10/10 I've given since Umbara.

This was also what I would say the most 'cinematic' Clone Wars episode we've seen. The cuts, zooms, and superb animation really felt like I was actually watching a continuation of Star Wars instead of something like a kids show.

Really excited for the next episode.

Order66Survivor and rumblewagon like this.
  25. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    can't wait for the rest of the arc... if this one was a 10/10 i'll expect a 12's and 13's for the next few!
    i thought the maul vs sugi was brutal though.... hahah

Bo-Katan and V-2 like this.