main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.3 - Front Runners - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Looks like the writers decided to end the love quadrangle George Lucas way...make two of the characters brother and sister. Kind of funny.

Good episode. The animation continues to be amazing from the long-sweeping shots from one location of the city to another and the night animation. I liked the Anakin/Ahsoka interaction a lot, despite Anakin's hypocracy about putting purpose over emotions.

LongLiveCloneWars likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Big brother complex. <<;

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The problem is that usually they water the best stuff and overdo the boring stuff like the droid poppers now. After over a dozen times in two episodes, I am sick of droid poppers...

Yet, we see no other side of the issue. I would like to hear a person who thinks the rebels are not a good idea.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The Rebels were a great idea with what the early part of this episode setup. Was a perfect opportunity to show the republic does come up with some really bad and harmful ideas.

5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Anakin is such a hypocrite. Can't wait to see Ahsoka finding out about him and Padmé, it's bound to happen sometime.

DM99 and Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan like this.
  6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    He pretty much encouraged Ahsoka I thought. All he said was to put the mission first which is hypocritical but its not like Anakin told her 'no'. He definitively gets what's going on. Ahsoka even get Jealous when Obi-wan and Rex compliment Steela.

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    That is what I have been saying too but some people like it. It is just like a smoker telling you not to smoke.

The more he talks to her about it, the more she will be curious to try.

AkashKedavra_93 and DM99 like this.
  8. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012

If droid poppers are that effective against droids, why this war is still ongoing? And why CIS is still not doing something against that threat for their army/investement?? Even in our World you can buy electronic stuff which is not effected from EMP anymore.

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    There are too many things this show does that makes us wonder why the war is still on for 3 years... like all the failures of it's leaders and the poppers and so on.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I just watched it, and I didn't see Anakin really being a hypocrite. He was telling her that he understood, and then passing along some advice that she could use to keep herself out of trouble. If she started putting Lux before the mission, it would both endanger the mission and make Ahsoka's feelings for Lux obvious to everyone--similar to the scene between Anakin and Obi-Wan on the gunship on Geonosis.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    How is he a hypocrite for understanding what Ahsoka is gong thru?

cwustudent likes this.
  12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    THAT is 100% hypocrite behaviour! I am shocked you guys pretend to not see it - he is preaching to her NOT to lose focus and too keep an eye on the objectives but he does the opposite all the time.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  13. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    5X03

An episode not that bad. The fact that the intrigue is simple really does help me appreciate this episode. I think that the best episodes of TCW so far are those whose the scenario are without much pretention and relatively 'simple'. I think they are easier to digest. [​IMG] The season 1 was composed of this kind of episode which probably explain the reason why I found it the worst of the 4 previous season. There are nonetheless a progression of the intrigue in this arc, after the second episode we now got a potential guerilla on Onderon and the Seps are forced to call for reinforcement. The upcoming droid general seems to be an interesting character. We shall see. It looks well for 5X04. The 'He's my brother' in reference to ROTJ was good thinking. Well, I often mention the negative points of the series because I think there are a lot of them but I have to mention the positive as well when I think there is some. That's the case with this episode. I should say that the fact that we've got over (for now) Maul 2.0 help a lot.

14. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    When they celebrate at the end, Saw grabs Steela before he lifts her in the air. For a split second, I thought, are they gonna kiss? Then she falls on Lux. What does she say? Some awful line, which helps me understand Ahsoka's inner-disgust towards Steela. Floozy.

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    The show hopes it's audience is not smart enough to notice the obvious relationship between Saw and Steela. From the first moment I saw them I knew they were brother and sister. The way Saw was hard on Lux was triggered by the fact the Lux is hitting on Steela. What Saw did was normal "big brother looking out for his sister" behaviour.

It was just silly how they did the final scenes.

But the silliest moment was the dramatic music during Steela calling him her brother was so over the top that it was just stupid.

But if we were really kept into the dark about the brother-sister thing then it would have been really funny to see what a floozy Steela is and that she would hug and almost kiss anything.

LongLiveCloneWars and cwustudent like this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Snip. Nobody is "pretending not to see" anything. We didn't perceive the scene the way you did, but that does not make us "wrong".

If your perception is that Anakin is a hypocrite, fine, but I'm not sure why you care enough about other people agreeing with you to scream at us about it.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Flaming and personal tacks are not permitted. You have been warned about this.

18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Seriously. No need to make it all dramatic, Steela. In fact, why didn't they introduce themselves that way? "I'm Steela, and this is my brother, Saw Gerrara."

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Sadly they did not. Saw intrduced himself to the Jedi. It would rendered such a scene not needed.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    http://www.netlingo.com/word/shouting.php

Bold faces and multiple explanation points count as well.

Snip. Feeding.

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Flaming and personal attacks are not allowed, you have been warned about this before.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    double post due to connection error:oops:

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lets knock it off and please respect once another differing opinions without resorting to tell each other to chill the **** out or trying to play a mean Dr. Phil with each other. Thank you.