main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.5 - Tipping Points - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Kalifa was tired too. She HAD to take a nap after all that laser tag.

DM99 and Paparazzo like this.
  2. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    She looked too peaceful. And her eyes were closed. They should have been open with a blank helpless stare as she realized at the last moment that it was the end.

DM99 and Paparazzo like this.
  3. smuggler_vola

smuggler_vola Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 13, 2012
    ]
    I was just wondering...sheesh.

4. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    I was just making a joke...sheesh.

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Jokes are WAY more fun when they end in :p, [face_clown], :D, [face_monkey], and 8-}....

;)

6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Seerow, I know this has been really confusing, but i'm pretty sure Young Jedi is after Onderon chronologically. I say this because originally the order was to be 1) Onderon, 2) Young Jedi. Clovis and Revival were to come after that. I can't find a specific quote on that, but i think generally the show has been set up to progress linearly and the original order as reported in the Insider had the episodes in this order.

So, Revival is the only one out of whack chronologically. Inserting the Young Jedi arc back into the series at the last minute actually puts this back in chronological order (before it was removed) save for Revival.

7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I dislike that they changed it... seems so unnecessary.

8. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Chronologically, it first is the Onderon arc, then the Young Jedi, then Clovis, then the droids, then Maul, then hopefully Filoni keeps his word and keeps the flow going so Mr. Chee doesn't blow his head off.

Watto likes this.
  9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    You got it Cary... although maybe Leland appreciates them giving him some meaty continuity hurdles to tend to?

10. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    I would've been choking Filoni by now.

DM99 likes this.
  11. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I finally watched the last episode, I felt that it flowed much better then the last one. I felt the acting was much better this episode then the last one.

12. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    It's Dave, guys. Here he is. In disguise.

Seerow, DM99 and Paparazzo like this.
  13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    You may be right. I have no evidence to refute this until after seeing the Young Jedi arc. However if we're looking to explain where Anakin is and Ahsoka now not even having a bandage after getting shot in the arm by the canon of a gunship during the next arc it works better that way.

14. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I think that Dooku let Rash rule on Onderon because he was an Onderonian and he wanted to keep at least some of the Onderonians on side so it would be easier for the CIS to control the planet. After the separatist gunships were destoryed things had gone so badly for the CIS that Dooku did not want to bother with Onderon anymore so he had no further use for the king. Rash was not a CIS military officer or anything else important to the CIS so it doesn't bother me that he was killed. On this show it seems that if Dooku has no further use for a villain that has failed him then that villain will end up dead. I'm guessing that Kalani calculated that he should kill Rash.

GeneralCIS likes this.
  15. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Lasers making tired.

16. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012

Dave? welcome aboard!

LACWAC IS LIKE TITANIC. ALWAYS FUN AND PARTY UNTIL THE BITTER END. :D

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    What did the parents explained to their kids about the guy who committed suicide in the season 2 Mando arc?

18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Once you hit the wall of "I guess you can't expect any blood in this show," the whole thing felt a little awkward to the point that her looking "happy"/"peaceful" was the least of my concerns. I mean, nobody is going to fall off a cliff onto the rock/dirt and not have their body shattered or bleed. I mean what kills her then if her bones are not shattered, she has not bled out, and her organs are fine?

Now, I'm not saying that the show needs blood or anything like that. But they could have left it at Lux and Ahsoka looking over the edge horrified and got the point across. They didn't need to show them go down and craddle her body.

QuangoFett likes this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Steela was bland and had zero personality. My recommendation would be to give her a personality beyond competition for Ahsoka, yelling at everybody, and brooding over how much she sucked at training. Then maybe she could have seemed more worthy of becoming the rebel's leader. She didn't really lead in the 2nd episode, just stood down and shot at droids with her sniper laser gun then utter some dumb cliche line about the tank Saw and Lux hijacked needed a woman's touch, ass kicking alone and big ovaries does not equate to leader. I can give you a list of about 20 female characters if you want to know how strong ass kicking females in leadership roles should be handled. By the time Steela got some personality she was dead and gave more development through her death to Saw, Ahsoka, and maybe Lux by her death than when she was living.

20. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I thought chronology was usually determined by production code... apart from the early years of the show, however from mid Season 3 onwards they seemed to be airing the episodes in the order they were made in. For some reason I recall seeing a list saying that Revival was made as 4.26, with Onderon being 4.15 - 4.18, with Clovis being 4.19-4.21, and then Young Jedi being 4:22-4:25, leading into Revival which was produced as 4:26, followed by the rest of the Maul arc as 5.01 - 5.03. But I can't seem to remember where I saw that... so really if that production order is correct, perhaps Clovis is happening while Young Jedi is occuring, which could explain Anakin's absence.

Seerow likes this.
  21. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    He was a BAD GUY. They are like Droids and can be killed off. :p

22. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Steela died because of broken heart. Literaly. LOL

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That would be a great explanation for where Anakin is off to. Kinda make the meditative lead seem like more than a joke. <<;

Anyways, I almost forgot but in this thread we should stick to talking about "Tipping Points" and not episodes beyond that.

24. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    And the slave girl in season 4's slaver arc? :p I don't think it would have hurt to at least put some cuts on her face. In a shot or two you could see Ahsoka's burn, so it wasn't like they couldn't do something. [face_dunno]

25. herp a derp

herp a derp Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2012
    Disney bought LucasFilm O_O...does that mean clone wars is going to be on the Disney channel now