main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.8 - Bound for Rescue- discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 14, 2012.

1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    How much is Huyang in this episode? Does he talk? Got a few people asking me if its worth it catching this episode since they are only tuning in for that actor's voice.

2. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    I thought that was a pretty good and surprisingly funny episode. "I'm flyyyyinnnng!"

Order66Survivor and Seerow like this.
  3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    He doesn't talk at all, he's only in one scene.

4. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Sucks that most of the Obi-Wan and Grievous duel was off screen, I would've rather seen that than the stupid circus.

I wonder who the business man is that Hondo was going to sell Ahsoka to?

I love how Hondo brushes off the Dooku hostage thing as if it was nothing. Just wait to Grievous shows up and think that Hondo.

5. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Disappointed that the awesome space battle lasted for so little of a time. That's like, the only real bit of a real Clone vs CIS battle (you know, what should be the entire premise of the show) in nearly 2 years, excluding Umbara (that was a Clone vs. Rebellion deal sort of)

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hondo was great in this episode. Drunk pirates are always fun. :D Though, in light of the recent acquisition, I wouldn't be too surprised if next episode Hondo exclaims "where is my rrrrrrrrum!? why is it every time, the rum is always gone!?"

7. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm pretty sure they're back in the next episode. Isn't the Republic losing the system the primary focus?

8. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    I think they lost it in this episode.

9. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    It's just going to probably be CIS destroying Hondo's base more than likely.

This show hasn't shown an entire episode devoted to Republic Clones and Jedi vs. Separatist droids, Grevious and Dooku in years. I think the season premiere of Season 3 was the last time we've seen that. There has been no actual space battles, and it's incredibly disappointing. The Maul stuff is good though, so I don't mind that, and I like how the Maul and Mandalore stuff is going to tie in, so that's two side stories that will be resolved. Good thing there's going to be Republic Commandos in the next arc.

The animation though for the space battle we saw was incredible though, making it the best one of the series - just that it was disappointing how little it actually mattered and how little we saw.

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [face_hypnotized]

11. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks! :)

12. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Your Huyang is dead son, except it.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well, thanks to waking up with full blown flu symptoms and a fever of 104*F I watched this one live today. I'll try my best to make sense of what I saw, lol. Its kinda fuzzy.

I liked this one as much as I did the last one. It was a blast. The Younglings once again slot well into their roles and are very distinctive in where they fit into the group personality wise. They have great interplay together. Sure their plan wasn't the greatest (they didn't really have one and just made it up as they went along) just but they are kids and kids do stupid things and that's what happens when you put the dumbest one of the group in charge. Seriously Petrol stop interrupting Obi-wan Kenobi!

Lol, poor Cody getting told to go pick up the kids. Fortunately crap hit the fan there. The space battle was disappointingly short but what little I saw of it was stellar. Once Grievous was aboard the ship the fight was awesome. It seemed like Grievous had the upperhand on Kenobi and Cody bailed him out with some quick thinking which was cool. The self destruct things was a blatant deus ex machina but whatever. I think the sequence of how that battle was concluded is my main detractor for this episode.

The pirates were great. I think this is my favorite Hondo episode. I know its childish to laugh at drunk dudes but oh my gosh - "I'm flying!" - "This is a great act!" - were lines that stole the show. I liked the traveling circus. The ship really did remind me of a circus train, it had a really cool steam punk look to it, and it was funny to watch the kids antics when they joined. That was TCW cheesy, campy, goodness at if finest in the same episode where a clone got crushed with a horrendous sound effect. The Aleena pilots were adorable and the circus owner was hilarious - "Those meddling kids screwed up everything" - Scooby Doo much? Lastly Ahsoka's reaction when she recognized the younglings was well played. Well done TCW. You still got me entertained with this one.

I have to say I am concerned about the pacing in the next episode. It seems like they'll have alot to accomplish.

rumblewagon and Valairy Scot like this.
  14. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Ahsoka looked like she'd been beaten/tortured between the last episode and this one. Anakin won't take that too well if he finds out..

SenatorKelberry likes this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah she didn't look well and I felt sorry for her when Hondo offered her a beverage and took it away from her.

That reminds me, I couldn't tell if the albino togruta in the circus was wearing anything. <<;

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    WILL THE CLONE WARS DO A REAL SPACE BATTLE!?!?!?!?!??! What is with all the stupid short several second skirmishes in space.

People fell in love with SW cause of the space battles in it.

17. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    "It's too 'spensive." -DF [face_cowboy] :D

I really want a space battle that spans an entire episode.

18. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    How can Grievous survive and explosion like that but can't from blaster shots? He must have some tough armor around his gut sack.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    we are only 5 seasons in :p

Danzo and Zabrak 2 like this.
  20. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe the crew saw the complants about Ahsoka being 'invincible' and decided to fix that. ;)

Dave did say this would be a hard season for her. Perhaps he meant that in the same way the last season was hard for Obi-Wan. Poor Kenobi.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Uh... I kinda don't want to think about that actually. x.x;

22. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    He was damaged in the ROTS fight. And Obi Wan pulled his armor back exposing his vital organs.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    i doubt that, there is only 2 space battles in all of the Star Wars movies

24. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Great Episode again not the best but I give it a 8/10.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

There are atleast 4 or 5 by my count and I'm still probably about to get owned by somebody.