main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.9 - A Necessary Bond - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 20, 2012.

1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    ^THIS^

GGrievous
    IDK, but I have a bad feeling that "Ahsoka Tano is forever" in Disney's eyes... with or without her Wookiee padawan.

2. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Ahsoka could be made an honourary Disney Princess. [face_laugh]

rumblewagon likes this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    ^Lol. We were thinking the same thing. Means he started it. Please send all tomatoes that guy's way.

The newest Disney princess. They just need to introduce an actual prince for her to marry although there is always Prince Lee Charr. =b

-Waits for tomatoes.-

4. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    I'm just speculating. Of all the SW characters, Leia, Padme and Ahsoka stand out as the most aligned with their marketing strategy.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Because I'm so totally serious and want to see Ahsoka in Belle's dress.

6. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    You mean OFFICIAL, right!?:p

Seerow likes this.
  7. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    This was another solid and very nice episode as well as a great one to end the Young Jedi arc with; It played out really well, opening with Ahsoka and the younglings trying to escape the planet and failing & then being captured before finding out that Grievous has taken over the pirate base and captured Hondo, whom they must free and cooperate with in an attempt to get out of there. Grievous confronting Hondo was a great scene and really interesting seeing the two of them interact with each other (Hondo was great and has really shone in this whole arc), the pirates and Ahsoka's gang against the droids was also really nice (with Hondo going all out with only his sword) and it was cool to see Hondo having a Firespray-class ship in his collection of ships (I don't think it's Slave I) and to see him use it against Grievous. I also liked how he suddenly changed his mind and don't want to involve the younglings in a battle & by so contradicts his action as he attacked the republic cruiser earlier on (which Ahsoka calls him out on)

Speaking more about Grievous, like in the previous episode, he was definitely not a pushover and was actually quite threatening; I loved his fight with Ahsoka and I think they are heading the right way with his characterization by making him be more of a threat (his hover speeder was pretty cool, too). Another thing is that I really liked was how Hondo was excited over getting to see Katooni putting her saber together and also bonded with her a bit (the last bit between the two of them exchanging glances was rather sweet). The action was really nice, the animation was great and it wrapped stuff up nicely; maybe the Republic should have arrested Hondo & his gang for what they have done, but it didn't bother me so much since it could be seen as a "thank you" for assisting Ahsoka & her group; the next time, however, Hondo might have to look out. Overall, I think the younglings were nicely portrayed throughout, they learned some lessons and the last shot with them along with Obi-Wan and Ahsoka pointing their saber blades together was pretty much the perfect shot to end the story with. I wouldn't say it's picture perfect, but it's definitely a very entertaining episode.

I'm really satisfied with this arc and think it is a step-up from the Onderon one; at first I was a bit skeptic but it exceeded my expectations. I have to wonder if the next arc can top this one.

rumblewagon likes this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Do you think Minnie or Daisy would look better dressed up as Ahsoka, SX3? =b

9. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    I don't know how they're marketing the protagonist of Pixar's Brave, but I'd imagine they'd do something similar with the SW heroines.

10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Who are they?
    :p

QuangoFett likes this.
  11. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Daisy Duke is David Duke's sister, right? :p

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    ... -puts on R2 mickey mouse hat and goes back to the corner.- I am so unloved. ;.;

13. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    didn't feel like going through all 15 pages but does any know what the meaning was behind the Jedi lighting their lightsabers and making that wheel at the end of the episode?

14. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
  15. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I actually thought this was a reference to something in the early drafts of A New Hope that featured multiple Jedi heroes, after blowing up the Death Star the Jedi celebrate by joining their blades in a lightsaber "salute"- sorry if I can't remember the exact details.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Since I saw alot of the "Wake up, go to school, save the world" trope in this arc I also thought it was pretty much the team of hero kids getting in the circle with the mentors to do the "Go team!" thing which conveniently looked like the republic logo with the lightsabers. Both, IMO.

17. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    you mean the only chicks in the galaxy? ;)

QuangoFett and Seerow like this.
  18. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    If only R2 had been at the center....

19. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    That would have been quite an ordeal for him...

Order66Survivor likes this.
  20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I didn't say stick him. lol

21. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Don't trust Ganodi with aiming a lightsabre at a friendly. Rodians aren't known for their accuracy.

22. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    If I had to shoot at any thing with those bug eyes I would have bad aim too!

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Aren't those something like compound eyes anyways on the Rodians? They aren't really built for aim like the eye of a human.

24. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Ahsoka already has a princess dress.
    [​IMG]
    Although several more princess dresses would not be out of the question given how many clothing changes Padme goes through in a single day. Best to avoid all that female jealousy.
    I absolutely have to agree. Just as diamonds are forever, Ahsoka will be forever immortalized as a Disney princess - if for no other reason than to generate profit for the corporate machine.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its a good think Disney likes midriffs.

rumblewagon likes this.