main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx The Collector's Thread (SEE LATEST POSTS)!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Okay! It's Saturday! I'm stopping by Toy Anxiety this morning to see if I can squeeze any last minute info out of Ron about TFT. Don't forget those toys collectors! KB - all figs still only 3 bucks... lightsabers only 15 bucks... have fun.

PS. If you can't pick up toys prior to the meeting, give me your three bucks at the meeting and I'll pick a toy up for you. I'll even cover the TAX. ;)

2. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WOOAH! LP's springing for the Tax... whooo hooo! *pulls out wad of cash* Here ya go, here's $9,999 in ones... that'll buy you 3333 figures. So, you got the $825 in tax covered... right?

j/k btw. ;)

3. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    whipes forehead furiously! :(

J/k ;)

4. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    WAHOOO! Alright, thanks to everyone who brought Toys For Tots! We collected 32 toys at the meeting and thanks to Kirana and MexChewie's last minute donation, we bumped that total up to 45 toys! Thanks guys! It's now our goal to beat this number at the next meeting! Remember, Star Wars toys are cool but are not the only toys accepted! As long as they are sealed packaged toys and not happy meal/kids meal toys. Awesome work gang! Keep it up, and happy hunting! :)

PS. I will copy this post to the Toys for Tots thread!

5. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    On the way back from the meeting yesterday, I stopped at the TRU at loop 101 and Indian Bend. They had a bunch of the Bounty Hunter packs... which include Aura Sing and a swoopbike, Boba Fett, Bossk, and IG-88.

6. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Bounty Hunter Packs??? What are these? Do tell, I am slightly out of the loop right now! :) Are they th 3 3/4" figures?

7. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    Yup, 3 3/4" figures. They're packaged like the Death Star packs (I think that's what they're called) I did't buy a pack cause it was $20, but if they're a hot item, I just might go back!

8. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I bought some extra clonetroopers Sunday at KB at the Mills. What is a good paint, white, to use?

9. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    (Strokes chin) ...very interesting.... :) I haven't seen these anywhere yet. I might be dropping into KB at AZ Mills tonight. I'll take a look.

10. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    (Strokes chin) ...very interesting....
    [face_laugh]
    i watched say anything again this weekend.... and i have to admit, you know joel, you are SO john cusack. :p

(and that's a compliment, not an insult, by the way)

11. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Well it looks like I've been Hemorraging a little too much money recently, so I am going to put a hold on my purchases, at least for a while. Shucks, without the h. Well maybe this might motivate me to work on my small business and several other projects.

12. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Thanks Princess!

Mex, a good collector knows when to slow down and take care of himself. I've seen people fall into a huge amount of debt over really stupid things! Toys should never be one of them! :)

13. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Well, I haven't gotten into debt, just noticing that I've been spending a little too much lately, so I cutting back a bit. Besides, I'm saving up for the end part of the year when the latest wave will be every where, Two Towers DVD comes out and Return of the King & Matrix are in theatres.

14. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    yes... must save money for TWO TOWERS!

PS. Hey collectors! Don't forget to pick up an extra toy for the September collection for Toys for Tots! Does not have to be Star Wars related! As long as it's in sealed packaging and not a happy meal type toy. The goal right now is to beat 45 toys (possibly 50 after the August B-day Bash)! Happy Hunting! :)

PSS. As always, be sure to post good deals for TFT here!

15. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, my toy hunting must also come to a temporary stop. With the whole gas problem we're facing right now, I'm avoiding all trips that aren't needed. I have to save my gas for school on Thursday. I'm going to GCU and that's one heck of a drive from my house and back.

16. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    MEX CHEWIE - Sorry for not reading your post earlier about the paint thing. OK CUSTOMIZERS, LISTEN UP!

I'm assuming you are making those Clones with RED markings into generic WHITE clones. My best advice for paint is Water based craft paint. You can get it at Any Craft store. Also, if you want it so that the white doesn't scratch easily, go to a hobby shop somewhere and pick up a bottle of what they call DULL COAT. This does exactly what it's called. It dulls the paint and makes it look like there is no paint on the figure. Works great! All the customs I did on the PFF website are coated with it. Otherwise they'd have a very painty look. Best of luck!

PS. I found the new Flying Artoo figure at FRYS of all places yesturday on accident. I was looking for a magazine and the toy rack was just down from it. :)

17. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Anyone find anything new lately... I haven't been out since school started for me. Although I go to school a lot closer to PV mall now... hmmm...

18. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    LP, thanks for the suggestions on painting to customize. Followup: The Dull paint, does that go on top of the other water craft paint or is it stand alone.

Collectors: TRU at Scottsdale Pavillions is putting out new figs. Except by the time I got there, most of it was gone except for the new Republic Gunship, the jedi council, and the seperatists forces. LOTR fans: They put out the ROTK figs.

TFT: The Kaybees outlet store on Thomas and 44thst has many SW and other toy on Clearance. I bought a Queen Amidala figure, the one that almost resembles a barbie, for $2.

19. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Mex, you can use the Dull Coat over the water based paint once the pain is dry. You can put it over the figures regular colors as well. It won't hurt the figure at all. Dull coat also works great if you find a color you like and you can only find it in gloss, put the dull coat over it and it'll look just like a water based flat paint. Good times.

PS> don't get the dull coat in the joints of the figure... it dries thick and will stiffin.

Thanks for the heads up on the TRU deals! I know a lot of people are bringing stuff to the party on the 29th and to the meeting! They will all count towards September's total!

20. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Stopped into KB at AZ Mills real quick and found that the 2.99 markdown is still going on with 3" figs and they have once again, marked their 4-Packs down to 7.49 or something like that.

Lightsabers have been marked down to about 16.00! This includes lightsabers with three figures attached to the box. Not too shabby if you're looking to spend a tad more on TFT.

Webb - Lots of Red Clones! :D

21. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Same deal was over at KB in Fiesta Mall tonight. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

22. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    YET ANOTHER KB PRICE DROP!

At AZ MILLS all star wars figures are back to 1.99 each! Not a bad deal. The four packs are back to 10 bucks and the lightsabers are back to 19.99...

HOWEVER! I did happen to wander my eyes over to the TWO for ONE bin and there were some really good priced Super Hero figures! Batman, Superman, etc. So two for the price of one ain't bad for the cause!

*This post also available on TFT thread*

23. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Just a reminder about Toys for Tots at September's meeting! KB has been clearing out a lof stuff lately. As always, please post low prices here as well.

Current September Total = 16
    Previous Month's Number to beat = 45

WE CAN DO IT!!!

24. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    UPDATE! Current TFT Total = 18!

Just a bump to remind collectors about TFT collecting for September's meeting! Please post good deals here this week!

25. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Saw some great toy deals tonight at AZ Mills Kay Bee Toys!

* All Star Wars figures are still only 1.99!
    * The 2 for 1 bin has some great low priced super-hero action figures as low as 99 cents!
    * There's a large BARBIE bin there with all their barbies marked down to 3.99!

NOW is a great time to buy from KB for TFT during the holiday off season!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.