main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY The Dar news thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Dec 19, 2010.

1. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey everyone.

Well I'm down to the wire, a few days and a wake up. I gave Zannah the information to keep track of me, so if you guys want to be there when I get home, be in touch with her and she'll keep you filled in.

Showtunes should arrive just before I do, last I talked to him a few days ago.

So your favorite little blue Mandalorian woman chasing Clone Wars hating Skull King should be home VERY VERY SOON!

2. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    WOOT!!!

can't wait. i kinda miss my little little brother. your acid cigars and double stuff oreos are here waiting for you.

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Double woot! See ya soon!

4. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Dar has "very" limited access to a computer and phones now..... that means .... HOO-AH!!! However, I'm on the military website and so I have access to troop movements. At least as much as they are able to give out, even to us military at home. That being said, due to military secrecy about our soldiers movements, I won't be able to let you all know when our Dar is due in until he's safely in U.S. airspace. Unfortunately, that means at best, I'll only be able to give everyone a few hours notice of his arrival. If I'm lucky, depending on what their movements are, I'll have a whole 24 hours notice. ... and I doubt that scenario, very seriously.

At any rate, I'll post here when his welcoming ceremony will be, and anyone who can make it at what will be a very last minute announcement, would be awesome. (and we understand the last minute bomb about this) I can tell you that I'm "sure" they will be coming into Fort Knox's airfield. If nothing else, they will fly into Lou.International, and come on to Fort Knox by bus.

When I know all of the details, I'll post back up. The good news is that he has a 48 hour pass when he gets home, so he's coming home to our house for a couple of days.

JOB WELL DONE SOLDIER!!! HOO-AH!!!!

5. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Brandy and I cannot wait to hear he's safely back home.

I know most people do not say it enough, but for Appo, Dar, and Showtunes...thank you so much for all that you do to ensure that we stay safe, and that our freedoms are protected. You guys are the best!

6. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I'm getting close to final launch and preparations. Pretty soon I'll be in orbit and heading to the next planet, before I start bouncing between systems and finally returning to the Ruusan Temple and my Clan. Coms may be hit or miss, but when I have access to HoloNet ports I'll shoot Lord Zannah a message. She'll be tracking my progress and relay to you all. But my work for the Empire has pretty much come to a close out here on the Outer Rim Territories.

Your favorite Blue Moon Mando is concluding his time here and its time to come home.

The Skull King,
    Out and off coms.

7. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Alright! I'm not real sure how much I can post here about what I've learned about departures.... Dar will be home "VERY" soon!!! VERY SOON!! They have not left country yet.... so I can't post his arrival date. ... TMI ... so as soon as they depart country, I will post here. ... Soon now ... very soon.

Again, if you can make his welcome home, that would be wonderful, but if not, it's alright. The hurry up and wait only applies to military, and we are well aware of that fact of life.

In either case, we'll see you all on the 30th for sure. [face_dancing]

Special Message To Dar:
    I can only imagine how your feeling about now. ... Safe flight brother. [:D]

8. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    i won't be at the dinner, sadly. However, I swore that when Dar got home, I would have his favorite cookies and his favorite cigars. I plan on buying the cigars soon. I was wondering if anyone here would like to join dar and I in enjoying these cigars. Let me know so I know how many to get. At this time i have no idea when we can get together to enjoy them, thou.

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    If I'm available I'll smoke one with you (or fake it really well)

10. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Showtunes ... not Dars .... flight is currently safely in the air and presumably out of country. They were delayed a day in taking off, not sure why, but he is now safely out of the war arena.

Dars unit is still on ground, but not for long!! Anyone wishing to see Showtunes and go to his welcoming home ceremony, stay tuned. I'll have his arrival time shortly, within the next few hours or so. ... I hope. ... right now, it's scheduled for tomorrow, but things can change. They've already experienced some delays, in that they were a day late in getting in the air.

Ceremonies for both Dar "and" Showtunes will be held in the Natcher Gym on Fort Knox. For those able to attend, I apologize, but I can't tell you how to get there. The best thing I can advise, is either call Fort Knox directory, or while stopped at the entrance gate to post, ask the guards on duty for directions to Natcher Gym. I'm so sorry about that, but although I can get places on post, I don't know street names and such. 8-}

O.K... when they have the welcome home ceremony times, I'll be back in touch. YAY Showtunes!!! [face_dancing]

11. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey everyone.

Showtunes should be home by now, I'm just waiting for my flight out of here and I'll be en route for the home.

[edit]
    And I just checked, this is what they have for Showtunes flight:
    "Expected Ceremony start time is currently 1030 hrs at the Natcher Gym"

12. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for the updates you two. I'll be at work but it's great to know showtunes is back (followed soon by Dar).

13. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Dars flight is off ground and safely out of the combat arena!!!! He will be home tomorrow sometime! Once again, I don't know the actual time of his flights arrival nor the time of his welcome home ceremony, however... unless there are unforeseen delays, I'm sure it will be tomorrow!!!!!! Dars ceremony will also be at Natcher Gym on Fort Knox.

Showtunes family will be there to pick him up and take him home, so we won't be seeing him until "after" the holidays. However, Dar will be coming home with us. [face_dancing]

[face_cowboy] WELCOME HOME GUYS!!!!!!! [face_cowboy] =D==D==D==D=

14. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    Wooohooooo!!!!!

Welcome back guys!

15. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    welcome home brothers!!

16. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    So glad you hear you all are safe, and home in time for Lifeday. And so very sorry to make a Star Wars Holiday Special reference.

Best!

17. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    I'm in Ireland and using wifi on my iPod. See ya all soon!

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Any cute kilted girls?;)

19. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Dars welcome home ceremony is tomorrow 12/22/11 at 12:00 noon!! Appo and I will be there to greet and bring him to our place. I think he only has a 48hr. leave, so not much time to see people.... again, if you all can't make it, it is "completely" understood. Short notice and all... but we will see you on the 30th non the less.

YAY!!!!!!!! His tour is over and our Vod is home!!! [face_cowboy] [:D][face_dancing]

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I'll be at work but I'm happy he'll have someone there to meet him Zannah. Thank you.

Welcome home Dar!!

21. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    Unfortunately, I will also be at work.

22. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Welcome back Dar and Showtunes and thank you for your service!

23. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey everyone.

Thank you AAALLLLLL for all the well wishes, support, and gift packages I got over the year.

Just wanted to let ya'll know I'm here at Zannah's house and well. I love you all and will see you all soon.

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  25. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    A Merry Christmas to all, and to all .... a "very good night". :*