main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ITT...I'm Batman (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Import_Jedi, Oct 27, 2010.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So are the rumors that JGL will make a cameo in The Man of Steel legit? It might make some sense, but I'm not really sure if it could work.

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    That would be very interesting if true. the Batman trilogy went out of its way to avoid the supernatural aspects of Batman (Ras' immortality mostly) and ground the series in seriousness if not realism. JGL (assuming he's playing Batman Jr.) showing up in Man of Steel would obviously neutralize that.

But hey, it might point us to an actually good Justice League movie. So I'm pretty down.

3. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    The ending depressed me, to a degree neither Schumacher flick has managed. Not because Bruce relinquished the Batman persona, mind you, but because he abandoned his city.

A genuinely uplifting ending would have had Bruce throwing off the cape and cowl, hand the title over to Blake, and take over Wayne Enterprises, thus continuing his father's legacy in restoring the city and ending poverty.

I truly, truly hate this ending. It's right up there with Return of the Jedi, wherein Darth Vader Goes To Heaven. It would serve Bruce right if Selina walks out on him with his last pair of pants.

Bacon164 likes this.
  4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    JLG will not be Batman in the Justice League film. WB, his reps, and I think Nolan have all nixed the idea.

5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Did anyone here read much of the runs when Dick Grayson was Batman?

I've only read Gates of Gotham (not Batman & Son) and I have to say, I hate Damian Wayne but I liked Dick as Batman. Refreshing to see a different take on the character.

What is it with asshats and even numbered Robins?

Dick Grayson = great. Nightwing is a fantastic character.
    Jason Todd = Chump.
    Tim Drake = Both Dick and Bruce feel he could be a better Batman than they were; the Dick certain thinks he's a better Robin. I'd love to read stories of Tim Drake as Batman.
    Damian Wayne = Just... look, it's not funny when kids get hurt but I would make an exception and laugh if this kid got hurt.

Ulicus likes this.
  6. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I have Prodigy. Pretty good arc even if nothing terribly exciting happened in it. I generally enjoy it when Grayson doubles for Batman, though-his general personality just makes things more fun to read, like him complaining about the Batsuit 'being like wearing a ball gown made out of Kevlar!' :p

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah but... Damian.

8. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    He's the price we have to pay. :p

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    OK so did anyone pick up the 2nd half of the animated Dark Knight Returns?

I really miss the inner monologues of the characters - unless you've read the book you don't get why Superman does what he does from purely the film - but then again who would watch this and not have read the book or get the book after?

10. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    It's out already? I thought it was going to be out later this year.

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yep. Out at end of January 2013.

12. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Oh ok. Cool. I'll have to get it and post what I think.

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Damian Wayne is an odd numbered Robin, actually, Stephanie Brown had a brief tenure so that the writers could make Tim look better by comparison.

Also, Morrison's run on Batman & Robin is really the only place where I liked Damian. He's a generally bad idea, but he's entertaining there and plays off Dick really well.
    Speaking based on a general assessment of some comic and cartoon boards I browse? A rather surprising number.

14. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Is there any reason to watch TDKR when I can just pluck the book from my shelf and read it again?

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    That upsets me, Ramza. :p Both the seminal Miller Bat-books have been done now, and Year One was pretty damned good too.

I would love to see them do Long Halloween next.

I'm not sure how to answer that.

Seriously, though, yes. Same as their Year One adaptation. Just watch them. :p

16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I never read the graphic novel, but I just watched TDKR Part 2 tonight. There was only one thing that bothered me:
    How does the Joker snap his own neck? Is that even possible?

17. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, got around to watching them- Ender_Sai, I do think the story loses a lot without the inner monologues.

TiniTinyTony:
    I don't think it's as nearly as big a deal as the Joker being implied to be supernatural, like the comic does :p

18. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    If I recall correctly, and it's admittedly been a while
    he's suffered some non-lethal spinal injuries from Batman in their fight, because Bruce almost went over the edge and took him down for good. Is it even possible? I don't know.
    What. I don't remember that being hinted at in the slightest. Miller certainly implied something else about the Joker, though.

[​IMG]

Of course, by 80's sexual politics standards I suppose it could've been worse.

20. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    What, the Nazi boobs don't impress? :p

As for my earlier assertion-I always took this line to mean the Joker was possessed or something similar:

"Whatever's in him rustles as it leaves."

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    There's no chance JLG will be Batman in a JLG firm.

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    That's because Bats isn't generous enough to call whatever provides the spark behind the Joker's life a soul. Since, y'know, the Joker.

23. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I suppose. :p

24. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
  25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I just watched the film again, and noticed this...

[​IMG]