main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Essential Reader's Companion by Pablo Hidalgo.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , May 17, 2010.

1. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    So it's true - every cloud does have a silver lining!

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My old Essential Guide to Characters smells like a wet basement and has pages that are bent, but not falling out. My copy of Underworld: The Yavin Vassilika has pages falling out so much that I'm gonna grab the Boba Fett Omnibus so that way I have another copy! I've noticed that the older books take abuse far better than the newer ones. I have a sci-fi art book that started falling apart within a few weeks of owning it.

And I wasn't scanning stuff from it.

3. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    My copy of Return of the King has all sorts of scribbles in it from where I've written random annotations or translated Tengwar.

Also, I've also noticed that the older books hold up a lot better than the New line of EGs. Different printing materials, I assume.

4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Different binding glue, too. The glue that's used currently has a very plastic feel to it, and when combined with glossy paper, there's not enough surface friction to hold it all together. Binding glue, at least the glue with my falling-apart Sci-Fi and Graphic Art book, dries in this solid plastic consistency and it lacks give. Just this blob of glue in the spine. It's come apart from the cover and the pages.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Off SW topic but my Harry Potter and the HalfBlood Prince Hardback is in bad shape. The pages are in 3 groups coming out of the book. My Order of the Phoenix Hard Back is in better shape except maybe for the dust jacket thing

6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I already had to get a new copy of the one volume edition of the OT novelizations, even though I haven't even read it that much. Otherwise, all of my other books are in good shape, with many of the older ones having creases in the spines.

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Many of my older books have lots of creases in the spines, and the pages are just starting to detach. However, they're still readable and durable enough to be handled roughly. They smell like a wet basement, though. My newer books, though... Some pages are threatening to fall out, but they're holding together. My hardbacks are in good shape, as they're signed and I'm careful with them.

My comics and sourcebooks, though, are an entirely different matter...

8. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Are there images for The Crystal Star and The New Rebellion?

9. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Nope. All the books surrounding them, though --- Planet of Twilight, Black Fleet Crisis, and the Corellian Trilogy --- get images.

Also, e-mail me.

10. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I don't like how one synopsis uses surnames and the next one will use given names. It makes no sense.

11. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Is there an image for Cloak of Deception?

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    My old copy of Rogue Squadron is held together with tape, wishes, and dreams.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    Mace and Yoda talking to Valorum

14. CQuigley

CQuigley Guest

Couuld you post them or send it to me in a PM?

15. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Scandalous! How could they pass up the opportunity to illustrate the Exodeenians and Kloperians? An opportunity lost.

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Looks like I'll be adding those to my draw list, once everything with Topps is all said and done...

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  17. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Love all the new pictures of Mara, including the one I now have as my Icon, in the water with wet hair. Of course I'll now have to get used to looking for the new icon to recognize my posts.

18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Another day, another non-delivery. Hopefully I will get mine this coming week. Monday makes a week since it shipped.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

Waru? [face_batting]

edit: no screw Waru, Ederlathh Pallopides! Preferably with Uncle Ars Dangor.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well thanks to SW Reads Day my local B&N has a nice display of a lot of the most recent SW books from the past two years or so, including a large stack of ERCs. I think the only image I hadn't seen online was the one for Tatooine Ghost, which, btw, is slightly creepy/hilarious.

21. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    What is the TG image? Please tell me it's Thrawn as a stormie.

22. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doesn't look like it's on the Wook, but it's Twi'lek Leia and Devaronian Han looking at a holoprojection of Jake Lloyd as some Human guy (Kitster? Haven't actually read the book) looks on.

Although there is an image of Thrawn disguised as Jodo Kast from Side Trip.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I sort of love how, at first glance, that picture looks like Vader walking in on Thrawn cosplaying as Boba Fett on a coffee break.

JackG, Ris_jSarek, TrakNar and 4 others like this.
  24. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Hey, Atton Rand's outfit comes in kid sizes! Awesome.

JackG and Havac like this.
  25. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Is this the first time we've seen a canonical color for Leia's lightsaber in the Callista Trilogy (aside from the POT cover)? I 've always assumed she was using the green one from the Thrawn Trilogy when fighting on Nam Chorios.