main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The First Day We Spent Together (Obi/Ani post-TPM vignette) It's really sweet!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by diamond_pony2002, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Title: The First Day We Spent Together

Author: diamond_pony2002

Summary: Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker spend their first day together as master and apprentice after Qui-Gon?s death.

Disclaimers: I don?t own them and I never will, sadly. They all belong to Mr. Lucas :-(

Obi-Wan Kenobi sat on the window sill the quarters provided by Queen Amidala for him and Anakin. He couldn?t stop thinking about it. The lightsaber, Qui-Gon?s grunt, his cry, and the evil grin the Sith gave him. He shut his eyes in an attempt to chase the vision away, but nothing worked, until a certain someone came in and stared shyly.

?Obi-Wan?? a small voice said.

?Yes, Anakin?? Obi-Wan returned, looking at nine-year-old Anakin Skywalker, standing there in his pajamas and a blanket wrapped tightly around his small frame. He caught the shiver that wracked the boy?s body.

?It?s cold in my room. Can I stay with you?? Anakin asked quietly. Obi-Wan thought he was a brave soul for asking that question. If it were him, he would wait about a year before saying that because he was so shy when he was younger. He gave Anakin a sad smile and opened his arms. The boy climbed into his lap and Obi-Wan readjusted him and the blanket so that Anakin was sitting with his side against Obi-Wan?s front. The man wrapped his arms around his little charge and sent warmth into him through the Force.

?Is that better?? he asked. Anakin nodded.

?Yes. Thank you,? Anakin replied.

?No problem, Shorty.? Anakin giggled at that and Obi-Wan soon joined in. When they quieted down, Anakin turned his head up and looked at Obi-Wan?s beautiful eyes.

?Obi-Wan??

?Hmm??

?Could you call me Ani? Momma and Qui-Gon did.?

?Only if you call me Obi, but just when we?re with friends or something. The council would think it disrespectful if you didn?t call me ?Master? in their presence.?

?Okay, Obi.? The man chuckled and Anakin smiled. Then he was embraced in large, strong arms and Anakin tensed for a moment, but relaxed into the warmth and security they held. He felt a gentle kiss pressed to the top of his head before he was gently pushed away and settled on the floor with the blanket still around him. Obi-Wan leaned forward with his elbows on his knees and smiled.

?Go in my room and get in bed. You?ll be warmer in there,? he said ruffling the boy?s hair.

?What about you??

?I?ll be in there in a minute. Now, go on. Get in there, you little imp,? Obi-Wan told him playfully and lightly whacked him on the bottom, giving him a little push towards the door. Anakin squeaked and ran, laughing and jumping onto the bed and under the covers. Obi-Wan leaned back to look through the doorway and saw that Anakin?s eyes were open.

?I don?t know how you expect to get any sleep with your eyes open, Ani.? He heard the boy giggle and saw him shut his eyes, but noticed that he had one eyes cracked open slightly. He smiled and shook his head, looking back at the waterfall through the window. He sat there for quite a while, thinking back on the things he and Qui-Gon had done over the years. He could remember back to when Qui-Gon first met him. That?s how special the man was to him. He was brought out of his reverie by a sniffle coming from Anakin.

He walked into the bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed, noticing tear streaks on Anakin?s face. He knew what was wrong. He missed his mother and Qui-Gon. Oh, how the boy must feel now. First, being taken away from his mother and then being taken away from the one that truly wanted him in the beginning. Obi-Wan remembered how harsh he had acted towards the boy during their time with Qui-Gon, ignoring him and giving him a cold shoulder. Now he regretted all that and sought to comfort the boy.

?Ani, look at me,? he said gently and smiled when Anakin complied, ?I miss him, too, and I didn?t know your mother, but I know what it?s like being taken away so suddenly from the one you have a connection with so deeply that yo

2. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    AWWWWWWWWWWWW HOW SWEET, I DEMAND A SEQUEL HEHEHEH

3. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Wow! I have to say, not only was that sweet, but it was very well-written.

4. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Another great vignette from d-p. That is so sweet. :)

5. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Well thank you! I just found out that writing vignettes are fun!!!!!!

6. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    SEQUEL! SEQUEL! SEQUEL!
    SEQUEL! SEQUEL! SEQUEL!
    SEQUEL! SEQUEL! SEQUEL!

7. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003

Lovely viggie about how Ani and Obi should get to know each other and form a bond. I think this was adorable!

8. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Wow! Replies are coming in fast! I'm working on a sequel right now, JTJG!!!!

9. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Aw, that was an adorable story. I'm glad to hear there's a sequel coming.

Kristeh

10. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Hopefully it'll be up today! I'm staying home from school so I can go to the eye doctor, so I'll have more time to type! And maybe even update on my other story, PART >6< in the "Master and Apprentice; Father and Son" series!!

11. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Oh, how adorable! [face_love] This is too cute, d_p. :p Off I go to read the sequel. [face_mischief]

12. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
  13. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    This is great DP. I like how you bought in the fact that they have similar backgrounds and talking about their mothers. This is a sweet story.

Did I hear someone mention a sequel, ***goes in search of sequel**** :)

14. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Yes, there is a sequel--and it's good too. :)

15. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    AWWW YOU GUYS ARE SO SWEET!!! Do y'all like Ani/Obi mush and angst? LOTS of it? Cuz if you do, you might want to read my series "Master and Apprentice; Father and Son" for those of you who haven't heard of it. The links to the first part is in the one I'm currently working on, PART >6<

16. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
  17. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
  18. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    love that sweet mushy stuff :)

19. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Awww...This was so touching and heartwarming.

?Will you tell me? About your mother??

?If you tell me about yours.?

Loved this. Obi-Wan seemed to know the one thing Anakin needed the most, to remember his mother.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.