main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Fourth Year of the Obama Administration: Facts, Opinions and Discussions

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Ghost, Jan 19, 2012.

1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/13/u...e-clinton-at-state-dept-may-face-hurdles.html

I don't think Kerry should move from where he is now. He's been a valuable ally for the Obama administration and he's finally the senior senator from Massachusetts. Being the chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee is an important position, and I think he should stay there.

Administrations have a way of ruining future ambitions for various politicians, or at least sidetracking them. In Kerry's case, he's already made a run for the presidency, so he's not going to be making another run. Still, if I were him, I think I'd stay where I was.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Right now, the news is that Kerry will be nominated for Secretary of DEFENSE

And Susan Rice is the WH favorite for State

I don't like that. If you're going to take away Kerry, it should be for State, nothing else.

3. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    If I was Obama, I would nominate Chuck Hagel for SOD or S of CIA.

He was previously looked at candidate for SOD after Gates resigned, a veteran, who served two terms on Foreign Affairs and Intelligence, and he was a Republican who sided with the Democrats on Iraq towards the end of his term thus has a record of bipartisanship.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, Hagel's name has already been thrown out there in some places.

5. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Plus, it would mind-job the partisans who claim he’s too partisan [face_mischief]

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Not really, they'll just be labelled RINOs...like Gates, LaHood, Huntsman, Powell, etc.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Hagel would be my top choice for one of the 2 positions. I've always had more respect for him than the large majority of politicians.