main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars THE GALAXY AT WAR PART IV: PRISONER OF CORUSCANT

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by pashatemur, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    OOC: Hello, Eme. For anyone not familiar with early GAW, Eme wrote prolifically for the thread and gamed with gusto as one of the early group. Best wishes for your current endeavors, Eme! Don't be a stranger.

Pash

2. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    OOC: I am posting master_of_les_pauls previous to post at the top, to which this joint post is a reply. Thank you, MOLP.

Pash

[COLOR=darkblue][B]IC: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkblue][B]Location: Tatooine[/B][/COLOR]

Obi-Wan 'woke' from his shock with a start, knocking the control that closed the battered red and silver fighter's "bonnet? and the pneumatics hissed as the clear cover began to close over the cockpit. The bearded Jedi looked about with a bit of flustered frustration and then put his hand up to say, [COLOR=sandybrown]"Just a moment!"[/COLOR]

After a couple of seconds, Master Kenobi climbed out of the old fighter and dropped to the ground. [COLOR=sandybrown]"Did you... I do hope I didn't wake you, Luke. It's...very early...eh...."[/COLOR] he looked at his Padawan with concern born more of his hearing the news from Coruscant than anything else and remembering himself, he tried to smile reassuringly. It was more himself who needed reassuring and he knew it. Emperor! What would this mean? He sighed inwardly and gathered himself back together.

He patted Luke on the shoulder. [COLOR=sandybrown]"Hungry?"[/COLOR] This question was a loaded one, he knew, from years as Anakin's Master. Obi-Wan's culinary skills were "somewhat lacking" as he liked to put it.

[COLOR=blue]"No Master, you didn't wake me."[/COLOR] If truth be told, it would take a hell of a lot more noise than Obi Wan rattling around in the garage. Luke Skywalker would sleep soundly if a herd of Banthas went rampaging past his bedroom window. [COLOR=blue]"Breakfast sounds pretty good though, Master."[/COLOR]

The pair headed into the kitchen, Obi-Wan leading the way, and as they did, Luke began to wonder if this was a good time to mention the troubling dreams he had been having recently.

[COLOR=sandybrown]"Um,"[/COLOR] said Obi-Wan casting about and rummaging through the larder for what to put together. Surveillance in Mos Espa had been very high in the past two weeks and they were badly in need of supplies. He finally put his hand on a dry cereal, a gruel made from one of Tatooine's sparse indigenous vegetables, an orange tuber with a slightly sweet flavor. Fortunately, this sack of cereal was already processed. The tuber had a thick skin that was tough as ferrocrete to peel. [COLOR=sandybrown]"This ought to do."[/color] He really ought to get things into a schedule, try and shape a more regular daily life, something grounded for Luke. He was maturing so quickly.

Obi-Wan gave Luke an apprising glance and was struck by the boy's thoughtful aspect. Clearly he had something on his mind.

The Master Jedi turned about to gather ingredients and then handed Luke the sack of cereal, the sack's brown, glossy cover rustling as he let it go. [COLOR=sandybrown]"Pot...need that pot...here we are! Hot product in 10 minutes!"[/color] He busied himself at the compact kitchen center calling to Luke, [COLOR=sandybrown]"Measure into that pot about a scoop and a half, Padawan. I feel I need some fortification this morning."[/color]

Obi-Wan rubbed his hands together by way of focusing, getting his mind off the news for the moment.

His mind had been reeling with the news he'd just heard. [COLOR=sandybrown]"...always in motion…"[/color] he muttered to himself as he struggled to leave the shock behind and wrestled with the meaning of current events, but Luke's mind was abnormally "noisy" this morning and Obi-Wan smiled down at his mop headed charge to finally inquire, [COLOR=sandybrown]"Something on your mind,Luke?"[/color]

The youngling was taken slightly off guard by his Master's last question; had Obi-Wan somehow known about his recent dreams? No, of course he couldn't, could he? Luke was more than a little uncertain of what he should tell Kenobi, but then he just blurted it out.

[COLOR=blue]“I've been having these dreams…”[/color] Young Skywalker purposely let his voice trail off as he took up the spoon and stirred the pot while Obi- Wan gathered two bowls.

[COLOR=sandybrown]"Oh...well! This sounds of serious stuff,"[/color] the Master commented as he stroked his beard after giving the gruel a stir of his own and looked down to Luke again. He rocked on his heels once and then gestured for Luke to sit at the table while Obi-Wan poured them both some milk and setting the glasses down with gravity, he too, sat in an attentive attitude. The gruel puffed and gurgled on the heating pad in the quiet of the little kitchen. [COLOR=sandybrown]"What sort of dreams, young one?"[/color]

[COLOR=blue]“I … “[/color] Luke tore his gaze from his Master. [COLOR=sandybrown]“I don't know.”[/color] The boy kept his eyes firmly fixed on the floor and spoke [COLOR=sandybrown]“I see a ball of fire, I can feel its flames.”[/color]

Luke looked up into the face of his Master [COLOR=blue]“I can feel the flames wrapping around me, Master, but they are also coming from within me.”[/color]

Obi-Wan sat up and considered what Luke was saying, noting the youngling looked down to avert his gaze. The Master thought in silence for a moment, but quickly interjected, [COLOR=sandybrown]"Hum! You know, Luke, the Force is a great truth, but we don't always perceive it clearly. It can be a powerful ally, but much like a sun, that power can be quite terrible. To be sensitive to it's movement, to be connected is a big responsibility…"[/color] The Master waited a moment before continuing. [COLOR=sandybrown]"Was the fire in your dream consuming?"[/color]

That Luke was strongly responsive and connected to the Force was hardly a surprise to Obi-Wan, but this awe befuddling the young learner was cause for concern. Kenobi put a hand on Luke’s shoulder, a gesture of his care which did not come easily for Obi-Wan while the feeling which impelled it always did. Though some might think the Jedi Master aloof or even cold at times.

The boy's head lowered slightly and he spoke softly [COLOR=blue]“Yes, yes it is,”[/color] said Luke of the responsibility he felt.

There was a silence as neither Jedi spoke.

Luke tried to find the right words to say next, and it was Luke who broke the silence first while Obi-Wan remained attentive.

[COLOR=blue]“Even though the flames wrap themselves around me, they don't burn me”[/color] Luke said, lifting his gaze to meet his Master’s. [COLOR=blue]“It’s strange, because the flames are boiling hot yet they don't burn me.”[/color]

Obi-Wan could not say why Luke’s recount sounded familiar to him, but it did. Yet, if there was one thing he’d learned from Master Yoda, it was that often the fantastic is grounded very firmly in a pronounced reality to which many were blind.

[COLOR=sandybrown]//What am I not seeing here?//[/color] telepathed the Jedi to no one in particular, thinking more quietly, [COLOR=sandybrown]“I’m getting old!”[/color]

[COLOR=sandybrown]“You know, someone very wise once told me that we ourselves make our own predicaments. Let’s take it as a good and healthy sign you are not burned by those flames, Luke and I think we need to plan something fun to do. We’ve been holed up out in this wilderness for far too many days. What say you to going into Mos Eisley? We need supplies. How about that? Think positively and next you have such a dream, perhaps we’ll learn more.”[/color]

Obi-Wan “archived” Luke’s words. Whatever this fire, he said, “boiling.” That was significant, the Master thought. This fire was ... fluid in some way, took the form of a ball as well. Yet, it could very well be he’d heard something about his parentage and that was indeed cause for concern. Expectation could make mischief where there need not be any. Why did the boy feel the mantle of responsibility in the Force. So many questions and perhaps most of them not really germane.

He looked to Luke with a warm smile.

[COLOR=blue]“Mos Eisley?!”[/color] Luke’s eyes lit up. In all the time the pair had been on Tatooine, Luke hadn't been to what was more or less the capital of the planet. Luke also knew Obi-Wan was right about his dream. In time, he would find out the meaning behind his dreams and then he would know how to deal with them. Now, however, was a time for the pair to unwind and enjoy themselves.

[COLOR=blue]“Okay Master, on one condition”[/color] Luke said failing to keep the excitement from his voice [COLOR=blue]“We get some real food!”[/color] The young boy said motioning towards the now smoking, dry remains of what Kenobi had just cooked.

[COLOR=sandybrown]“Oh dear!”[/color] said Kenobi after a choice epithet he hoped Luke had been too distracted to note, the Master dancing about and shaking his hand from grabbing the hot handle of the pot without benefit of a mitt.

He shoved the pot from the heating element and sucked at the burn for a second and looked from boy to pot and pot to boy.

[COLOR=sandybrown]“Surely, you’re not suggesting my cooking is sub-par?”[/color] said the Master with a very wry delivery. [COLOR=sandybrown]“Never mind, don’t answer that. I had hopes of entering culinary school and I couldn’t bear my dreams to be crushed,”[/color] he said facetiously, but grinning under his mustache and beard to Luke. [COLOR=sandybrown]“Well, come on! I’m starving!”[/color]

They would need an early start to catch the coach that met at the nearest depot to their homestead. It wasn’t a standard transit, just an informal arrangement with several other settlers who created the coach line for the small and scattered community to use. At Anchorhead, it would be easy to catch one of several established transits to the “big” city. By the time they arrived, it would be well past the routine breakfast hour to which he’d been accustomed in the Coruscant Temple.

The Master Jedi packed some sugar filled reeds they could snack on on their trip and the homestead was shuttered and secured before the two set out in the still dark desert, barely visible against the still dark morning sky and the vast and barren landscape.

[color=darkblue][b]TAG: Luke[/b][/color]

3. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    OOC: Sorry I was looking for Omi to post and missed that there was a joint post. And i don't know why it took me this long to put Jon Matrix together :p Awesome post. Mine will be up shortly.

OOOC: And here it is :)

IC: Ben Infarius
    Loc: Yavin 4, personal quarters

After the meeting Ben went straight back to his room to get a little meditation in so he could focus himself and center himself into the mindset of using the Seventh form of lightsaber combat, also known as Juyo.

Juyo was a very demanding form of combat as it drew on techniques from all other forms and was by far the most fluid. While in Juyo one has to be very kinetic, making erratic, short quick movements so as to keep your opponent off guard.

When he was done he went to the closet and pulled out a largish trunk. Inside were old battle tools that he used what seemed like a lifetime ago. He striped out of his "civvies" He first put on a pair of dark brown very lightly fabric trousers, the bottoms of which he tucked into the black Trandoshian scale leather boots he had picked up on leave while he was still in the Employ of Vader. His shirt was the same color and fabric of his pants and his tunic likewise matched the boots. Instead of a robe he wore a long dark leather jacket. Aayla had gotten him this for a wedding present.

As for weaponry he took three items with him. He had his main lightsaber. The hilt was smooth with no markings and was black, the blade was blue. The second was a lightsaber that he adjusted to make the blade only about eight inches long. This had intricate designs all over it and was a very shiny chrome. The blade was also blue. The last thing he grabbed was the force whip which he had acquired from Obi-Wan Kenobi. He figured even the General's crew of bad asses had never seen the likes of it.

Since Aayla had died he had let his hair get scraggly and his beard grow out. He shaved his head to the skin and left his beard.

He looked at the chrono on the desk and realized he was running late.

He was a blur, moving through the corridors of the base on Yavin Four, heading for the landing pad. As he got there he heard Torian's very distinct voice giving some kind of speech. In an instant he gathered his strength and jumped to the top of the ship they were to leave in.

As he looked down upon the men he had to say that he was impressed. Their sheer size alone would get this done.

Then he heard someone say "Jedi" and honed in on the conversation Torian was having with one of his men.

"Yea, it?s the Jedi Infarius. He offered to come along. I hope he doesn't mind if he gets blood on his robes." though he was sure that Torian was joking.

Then the other man spoke up again. ?Well let?s hope this Jedi pulls his finger outta his A-hole and gets down here for my men are ready for war!?

He was sure Torian responded but he wasn't paying attention as he silently dropped to the floor right between Torian and his officer.

"So" Infarius said with a grin. "What are we waiting for?"

Tag: Omi, MOLP

4. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Dennii/Drakoniss Sunwalker, Admiral Erast Fandorin

On-board Galactica-class Carrier "Hyperion"

The young officer that came to give her Fandorin's invitation for dinner saluted her once again when she accepted then turned and silently closed the door. Dennii was alone again, the man had interrupted her line of thoughts. At first she felt irritated but when she came to think about it maybe was a good thing. Dennii needed a distraction, she wanted to get away from all this, maybe to talk with Jori to arrange to be given a farm or house somewhere on Kaladan's countryside where she could raise her child in peace. This was an idea worth pursuing, she was tired of this conflict, tired of being a Jedi. She knew that was escaping from her problems, but she felt powerless and this horrified her.

Drakoniss was still uncharacteristically silent, by now he would have said something...anything. This was his way of showing concern for her, not that he was able to do anything to help her. Of course he could cast some illusions in her mind but all this would not improve the situation. The girl needs to find herself and what she wants. He could only stand there and watch silently. Their destinies were intertwined but he knew that their bond was not that strong so that he could help her solve her problems. This situation was a product of years of accumulated feelings of helplessness and despair. It was strange that the Jedi had not found that in her, but this would not be the first time when the Jedi were blind for the other people?s feelings. He knew the reasons for her to feel this way, the girl had an inferiority complex. Ever since young age she compared herself to the others and believing that she was somehow not as good as her peers. He contemplated on ways to reassure her unless he wants her to become an emotional wreck in the near future. The birth will be traumatic enough for her so the ghost had to find a way to improve her spirits. The irony was not lost to him, a phantom trying to cheer up a living person and helping her to find the joy of living again.

If the situation was different he would have had a good laugh, but not this time. There must be a way to make her think about something else at least. Distract her until he finds a way to help her. Drakoniss knew that he could not find a permanent solution but he could at least ease some of her inner pains. Maybe that was part of his test to turn back to the light? Maybe that will be his release, to save that girl from self-destruction? The Force acted in strange ways and surely had a sense of humor. The ghost hoped he had found the way, at least his spirits lightened up a bit. Maybe when he is away, become one with the Force, Dennii will be accepted back in the Jedi ranks? He doubted that, her decision to flee from the Order probably severed this possibility and there would not be a way back... Her best course of action is to stay with the Union. At least these people kept her anchored, though he was not sure whether their influence was good enough. To makes things worse the whole situation in the Galaxy could not help her find peace. It was the wrong place at the wrong time to fall apart emotionally. Though this did not dishearten him, it only made things interesting. Only time will tell what will come from his efforts. His mission now was to analyze her memories and look for a clue where to start from. Though he had a faint idea... the Lightbringer's influence on her, he will have to investigate further.

Dennii knew that something was going on in Drakoniss' mind but even through their link she was not sure exactly what. He was keeping something from her and this made her nervous. A paranoid streak was slowly creeping in her mind. This worried her, are the changes so dramatic? There must be something she could do to stop it from progressing, she was losing herself in the darkness. This situation scared her, Dennii did not know what to do next. There must be a way to avoid the negative effects... She was once again distracted by another knock on the door.

“Come in...”

This time it was not the junior officer from before, but Admiral Erast Fandorin. Dennii frowned for a moment then managed to force a smile. Something must have changed in the plans. Dennii couldn’t feel anything that could disturb her, unless the man was hiding something, but knowing Fandorin she doubted that.

“Is there something wrong Erast?”

He ran two fingers on his left moustache, a gesture she remembered from before, then his boyish grin appeared on his lips. Dennii was relieved to see it as this meant that the reason why he was there was not due to some bad news.

“No, not at all, the ship’s confessor reminded me of an old deal between you and him that you have made some years ago.”

Dennii frowned for a moment trying to remember what was it about. She had been on Hyperion numerous times and knew most of the senior officers, along with the ship’s confessor Malenkov and the chief commissar Astrahanov. She deeply respected Arkady (Malenkov’s first name) and spent a lot of time with him discussing a lot of diverse matters, pursuing different topics and even seeking spiritual guidance. He had given her his copy of the Codex Uniatis which contained the main religious doctrines of the Union along with some of the most important spiritual texts. Dennii knew most of them along with the biographies of the main saints and martyrs of the Union. She hoped that no one back in the Jedi Temple found it as it could have caused some issues regarding her loyalties as she was almost a convert to the Union’s belief system. Maybe that was the reason Dennii felt at home in the Union and not with the Jedi. She tried to give a chance to the Order but it didn’t work out at least in the Union she was well accepted.

“I am sorry Erast but I don’t remember, did Confessor Malenkov tell you what it is expected of me?”

Admiral Fandorin chuckled.

“He mentioned something about you leading the service.”

‘Talk about timing...’ she winced inside her. She remembered that she had promised the man to talk to the soldiers some day. There was no way to deny that offer now as she was sure that everyone had gathered. Her mind was racing trying to find suitable words about what to say. For Fandorin she managed to force a smile to cover her reluctance.

“Ah yes, well...” Dennii paused “I don’t have much of a choice, do I?”

“Indeed you don’t, so I guess we should not make the old man wait.”

With her forced smile on the face she slightly bowed in agreement and moved out of the room followed by the Admiral. Dennii was glad that there was no escort it would have made her even more nervous. She waited for a moment so that Fandorin caught up with her.

“Erast, I am not entirely sure that this is a wise idea. Considering the current situation and the fact that I am an outsider...”

The Admiral laughed, a short and good-natured laugh.

“I think you will do just fine...” Fandorin paused looking at her while they were walking. “Besides, everyone consider you one of us. You know, I in their minds you are the duchess’ best friend, so that makes you special.”

It was her turn to chuckle.

“I guess I am lucky to have such connections. I guess there is no turning down this offer...”

The officers and crewmembers that were in the same corridor saluted them as they passed. Fandorin responded to the salutes curtly, barely acknowledging that he had seen them. He was turning into an admiral quickly. Dennii could feel the man’s nervousness though, after all it was a common knowledge that Fandorin had been Jori’s lover in their teen years. He must be fearing that he had lost face in front of the crew, receiving such a promotion from the woman who he had been related romantically. To his credit he didn’t let his emotions show, Dennii extended her feelings to check on the general mood. There were no mutinous intentions, at least none that she could discern, there was a general determination in the face of the common enemy.

Dennii was getting weaker with every step, she felt as if she was about to faint. The discomfort that she felt was growing. She didn’t feel ready for this speech in front of the crew of “Hyperion”. Though there was no telling whether or when she will be ready for it. Dennii felt uneasy at the prospect of talking in front of so many people, and not only that but giving them spiritual guidance. She knew some things that she could say and that might be appropriate for the current situation. Another thing that bothered her were the split loyalties, she were supposed to inspire the Union crew members to fight the “outsiders” if a conflict starts. The problem was that in a way she was still an outsider, despite the fact that everyone in the Union (at least the one she knew) accepted her as a citizen of the Union.

They finally entered the ship’s chapel, she could see that the rows of benches were full of people. These were the ones that were not on shift and she was sure that they will be recording the service for the others that were not able to attend. As the Admiral and Dennii stepped in everyone immediately stood up. The chamber was not big, it was richly decorated with religious symbols ranging from paintings depicting different moments, marble statues of double headed eagles, in the back where the large black wooden dais hung the “Chains of Unity”. Everyone thought that the Union’s crest was the one of the currently ruling house. This was a partial truth, since it became a widely accepted fact. But the original and now mostly used by the Ecclesiarchy crest were the chains. Dennii found it ironic since it depicted the state of the Union very well, maybe they stopped using it that much just because of that. She will never know.

The confessor announced that at the service will speak the duchess’ closest friend and moreover a psyker. Malenkov was short old man, he looked even more ancient since the last time they have met, his wrinkles had deepened and was progressively losing his snow-white hair. He wore the traditional crimson robes of the confessors with the massive golden “I” on his neck, indicating that he had been a former Inquisitor. Well there are no former Inquisitors... She dismissed this line of thought, she respected Malenkov deeply, as he is a kind old man, and not the stereotype Inquisitor.

As Dennii passed between the rows of crew members she heard them calling her “Mother” and bowed to her, some even asked her to bless them. This stunned her, were they considering her as a Bene Gesserit, and not only that but a Mother Superior. She was sure that Mohiam won’t like that, she restrained an urge to smile, just as Jori she disliked the old woman. But there was no use thinking about her now... She reached the dais, the large Codex was open on it, though she did not intend to read from it. Suddenly she felt inspired, so she inhaled deeply then fixed her gaze on the audience.

“Blessed is the mind too little to doubt...”

TAG: No one

5. Ominous

Ominous Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    IC: Torian

Then the other man spoke up again. ?Well let?s hope this Jedi pulls his finger outta his A-hole and gets down here for my men are ready for war!?

He was sure Torian responded but he wasn't paying attention as he silently dropped to the floor right between Torian and his officer.

Torian stepped back slightly as the Jedi was in his personal space. There was only one Jedi that could invade his personal space as often as they wanted, it wasn?t him. As a matter of fact, he couldn?t remember the last time his personal space was invaded by Emi-to hence the reason for all his testosterone build-up as of late.

Without missing a beat, ?Does your finger smell Infarius?? Of course, Torian was joking around with the Jedi. Everyone in Torian?s sphere of influence or command should have a sense of humor. Every day you could be in a world of hurt with no way out and if you panicked, you were hosed by the enemy. By maintaining your sense of humor, the General found that his men were able to keep their wits in the heat of battle.

TAG: Infarius, Matrix

6. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Dash Rendar

Location: Ororo Transportation Shipyard - Vergesso Asteroids - Bajic Sector

The rattling of the air ventilation system was getting on Dash's nerves, the rapid beating of metal against metal and it did little to bring relief to the stuffy room. It would rise in pitch at random intervals until it reached it?s peak, at that point it would briefly blast a waft of cool air against Dash's face before dropping it's intensity back to a low rattling. Drumming his fingers on the arm rest, he waited for the supervisor to come back with the final invoice on repairs.

Dash's eyes wandered from the large desk steel desk opposite him, it was diagonally positioned at the corner of the room and belonged to the Ororo Transportation supervising manager. The office was lightly decorated and in dire need of cleaning. Streaks of grime and other muck had left smear marks on the walls, caked on over time which added layer upon layers. Sensing a set of eyes watching him, he looked beside him to find the pair of ice blue eyes belonging to his new companion staring back at him.

“There's nothing to worry about,” Dash leaned closer and assured her. “Everything is under control.”

“I’m not the one that's worried.” She flashed him a smile.

The woman is an enigma, ever since their paths crossed on Ryloth when he had found her locked in stasis and trapped in a cryopod. They did not have much of an introduction when they worked together to escape from the operatives of the slave cartel and a misunderstanding with the Imperials. From the quiet time they shared on their way to the Bajic sector, the more he tried to learn about who she was, the more puzzling things got. It was unfortunate that the cryopod had malfunctioned and caused her harm, her vocal skills had temporarily suffered but had returned. Her memory about who she was and how she got there still eluded her. Until they could get her to a proper medical facility, they had no idea of what might still be wrong with her. For now they had to settle with a temporary name to call her; Jenifer.

Jenifer tilted her chin to the door as it opened, Dash looked back to see a tall, thin, uniformed man step inside whilst peering over a datapad. A taller Barabel, a reptilian sentient species, entered behind him and stood by the door.

"Sorry to have kept you waiting Mr...Davi Stanton." The man fumbled over the name as he walked over to the desk, he sat down in the large crimson dyed leather chair behind it. The chair itself looked as though it had seen better days, random patches covered up the damages to it.

"No problem, Supervisor Sidrak." Dash gave the man a confident smile that went unnoticed as his face was partially obscured by the flickering holoframe on the desk between them. "Tell me, how does it look?"

A flicker of annoyance crossed the man’s face before he placed the datapad down. “The cost of parts and repairs comes to sixteen thousand.”

’Sixteen thousands!?’ Dash almost blurted out his immediate thoughts, ’this is criminal.’ Keeping his face composed, his voice barely contained. “That figure has climbed from the quote you had given us.”

“So had the extent of damage we previously believed your ship to have sustained.” Sidrak answered back. “You still haven’t explained how that happened.”

“I told you,” Dash leaned forward, “we wound up in the wrong neighbourhood and had to go to ground. Once it had quiet down, we got the heck out of there... fast.”

“Vague answers sounds like you are someone whom doesn’t want to be found.” The other countered. “What type of neighbourhood?”

“Let’s say that it is in both our best interests to not look deeper.” There was an edge to Dash’s voice that gave a warning to not press matters further. “Maybe we can work to some arrangement... how’s the shipping fairing?”

“What business is it to you?” Sirak narrowed his eyes at Dash.

“I would've though you might've offers from XTS.“

The Barabel behind Dash let out a disgusted hiss at the mention of the company.

“Can't say I am a fan myself.” Smirking inside, Dash knew he had hit a nerve. “They are trying to drive business down for independent and smaller transportation organisations. I bet some are on the edge of bankruptcy as we speak, eventually when that sets in and then XTS either step in and buy them out or forcing them out of the business.”

Sinking into his chair, Sidrak glared at the Barabel and then back at Dash. “We need to make a living Mister Stanton. What is your point?”

“As do we all... It also comes down to a matter of survival, I can't see why we can't help each other out.”

“Are you proposing that you are willing to work for our company?” Sidrak arched his brow.

“I am a Freelancer, Supervisor Sidrak,” Dash shrugged, “my services are for hire for a certain fee.”

“I can also have your ship impounded and inform my superior that you are fugitives and to contact the authorities.” Sidrak gave a sickly smile, his gaze briefly shifted to Dash's companion. “Which party are you hiding from, Mister Stanton? Imperial? The Hutts? Or-”

“Xizor.” Dash answered him. While they had escaped Imperial entanglements on Ryloth, who knows why they were singled out was anyone’s guess... but Dash wouldn’t put it past it being related to the slaver operations they had interfered with. If only he didn’t answer that call for help, that call from a previous business associate... then he wouldn’t have left the job he was employed to do at the time to find the remains of a battle... he wouldn’t have went to Kala’din city and been caught up with the slave cartel to search for that individual to find out she was not there. However, if he didn’t respond to the call, he would not have ran into Jenifer and he dare not imagine what fate might have befallen her if he hadn’t gotten her out.

“Excuse me?” Sidrak sounded surprised.

“Xizor.” Dash repeated, the old chair squeaked as he leaned more forward. “You wanted to know the neighbourhood... I am not talking about Xizor Transport Systems either.”

It was not Xizor that was after him personally for that incident, Dash thought, but one of his Lieutenants... one of his Vigos must be. He had spent the long trip to the Vegesso asteroids reflecting on the events at Ryoth and it made sense to Dash that their escape from the slaver’s base of operations had caused some setbacks... and including drawing unwanted Imperial attention their cartel. It would be no surprised that they would not take too kindly for having Imperials snooping into their territory and it is possible that the local Vigo could had covered their tracks by making a target out of Dash to throw off the Imperial’s scent. The signs were there and it was easy to put the two together. Those Imperial pilots did state that they had wanted to question him... question him about what? Again, they had shot at him first before they asked questions which meant it was something more serious than just a social call. There are too many elements for it all to be a coincidence, the pieces does not add up. One thing for sure, it was all bad luck.

“You are either a resourceful man, Mister Stanton, or a one with a death wish. One does not get involved with Black Sun and cause trouble.”

“Take your pick.” Dash gave a ‘devil-may-care’ smirk and shrugged his shoulders.

“We have a need for resourceful people though with the baggage that might be attached you, that makes it harder for us to employ your services.” Sidrak clasped his hands together. “It will take time to process things.”

“If you do decide to hire us...?”

“Your fee will be deducted from the cost of repairs... Unless you are willing to settle that now?”

“I’ll pay half now and half when you’ve come to a decision.”

Sidrak’s gaze flickered to Jenifer. “You may of course leave your associate, Ms. Sheppard, here with us and collect her when you have the rest of the money.”

“We’ll get back to you on that one.” She responded with an icy tone.

Sidrak gave them a dismissing look and a brief nod to the Barabel, a sign that the conversation has ended.

“There is a war going on after all and I need all able bodies to crew my ship.” Dash softened the meaning behind Jenifer’s response as he and his companion stood up.

“Not any more. If the news is to be believed, the war has ended.”

“Ahh, how about that.” Dash’s eyes widened for a brief second, that was unexpected. How’d he miss that juicy bit of news? It looks like there be a change in the cosmic winds by the time they leave. Taking a small object from his pocket, he flipped onto the man's desk.

“What is this for?” Sidrak looked up with a puzzled expression as he held up the object: A twenty credit chip.

“That... is for the information.”

“What was that all about?” Jenifer broke the silence as they passed through the blast doors to Bay sixty-three and safely within sight of the ’Outrider’. They had kept quiet the whole way back from the office for risk of unwanted eavesdroppers. “I don’t follow.”

“Our future.” Dash answer was brisk. “These repairs will put a dent on our credit line.”

“Again, I don’t follow.” She remarked as they ducked past one of the landing struts and coming around to the boarding ramp.

At the base of the Corellian freighter, Dash’s repair droid and co-pilot, LE-BO2D9 was awaiting them. Leebo swivelled to face them. “How did it go, sir?”

“Not now.” Dash stomped up the ramp and inside the freighter.

Jenifer gave the droid an apologetic look as she followed Dash up the ramp and into the main hold. “Dash!”

“If we go to ground and hide, our credits would not last us that long. We need some clients and more importantly: We need money.”

“Is that why you told them about this... Shee-zor?” She glanced to see Leebo had followed them into the ship and closed the boarding ramp behind himself.

“We both have common enemies. Sure it was a risk but it was to make them think we are capable of doing something about it... It was worth a shot.” Dash shook his head. “It was the Empire's actions that does not make sense to me... that incident at Ryloth... We’ll probably have to make ourselves scare from official channels for the moment. Leebo?”

“What now, sir?” It was clear by the mechanical tone that the droid had taken offence to the way Dash had answered his greeting at the ramp.

“Check our answering service, see if we got any jobs lined up for us. I’ll be back shortly.”

“Where’d you think you’re going?” Jenifer called out after him.

Dash punched the ramp controls to lower it again. “To see if there is a bar on this rock.”

“Analysis of the facility indicates there is none within this structure.“ Leebo stated.

“Not helpful!” Dash growled back. “With the money that we are sinking in here, there is bound to be one.”

TAG: Open

7. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    OOC: I know this was long in coming. Thank you C_O for all your help once again and thank you MOLP and Sithy for your patience. I'm reposting the last post in which my characters on Executor were tagged and that post was authored by Sithy.

IC: Admiral Ozzel, Capt. Jan di Toli, Trachta, Kadir and Motti
    LOCATION: bridge of the Executor in geosynchronous orbit of Imperial Center

The Admiral heard some movement from one of the command pits. Murmuring voices drifted up, as they are want to do. You could always tell when something other than the work at hand had disturbed the order of things, but Ozzel couldn’t be troubled to note Agent Corel’s exit or Pit Lt. Danes bemused return. He was far too busy working out how to communicate with Grand Moff Tarkin about the return of the Imperial corpse without drawing undo attention and being cited for treason. He puzzled and resolved, then hesitated and thought again. Jan di Toli, however, as was his duty, remained at his post next to the Admiral, to Ozzel’s great consternation. Di Toli was an Ursean and one of Vader’s men, his aid de camp to be exact.

The two Imperial Officers stood with the pale amber reflection of Coruscant’s eternal lights reflecting upon their faces, the massive Imperial destroyer, Executor having taken up protective formation over the entry point of the Reina of Ursa’s escort and Emperor Palpatine’s meager cortege, which followed the Lady’s vessel. The wedge of ships surrounding the stately and elegant Mavras Maelstrom had pierced the upper atmosphere of the capital planet in a seeming barrage of celebratory flashes as their bow shields deflected both particle and heat.

Planetary Defense corridors swarmed with personnel, many of whom had been called in to double shifts or had not been released since the Senate bombing. Moff Kadir negotiated the halls saluting nervously. The military corps did not appreciate their recently appointed commander. The lateral move from Coruscant Security - the police authority that commanded all the municipal precincts to Coruscant Planetary Defense, the military counterpart to the municipal force was Trachta’s doing. Some of the officers of CPD he’d known during his tour of duty in the Grand Army of the Republic and many were his senior. Naturally, this compounded his problem, but the Moff was secure in his position as long as Trachta desired it.

Trachta.

Kadir could not loathe a man more than his “friend” and patron, Trachta, but his fortunes were tied to the autocrat for better or worse. He shut the door on the noise of bureaucracy. His mind was like a set of cut cables arching and raw after meeting with Grand Moff Tarkin and Trachta. The office outside was filled with the clamor of voices as the CPD dealt with the lifting of the lock down on interplanetary flight in and out of Imperial Center and fearing exposure of his complicity in the intrigue they all had spoken, Kadir could not keep his body from trembling.

There’d been nothing from the Palace. The word was out that the Imperial Guard had been subsumed by Vader’s own Black Guard and that the Senate Guard were likewise re-aligned. All directives were issued from the Ursean Embassy and the Ruling Council were silent. It was eerily so. Kadir was waiting for the other “shoe to drop.” He pounded his desk and buried his head in his hands. “Little man!” His mother used to call him that. “My Little Man!”

Trachta, for all his intelligence, did not seem to appreciate the irony of the parlor gaming in which he and Tarkin had most recently engaged. They consorted, admitted to one another their seperate initiatives to take control of the Empire and wrest control of it from the miserable Sith who now laid claim to his inheritance. It was bravado and nothing more and yet it made Kadir ill. He had no delusions about his own leadership, but he no more wanted that of those two hawks than he had Palpatine’s and now Vader’s. Yet, he was beholden to act on the part of Trachta who’d bound Kadir with authority, but not too much, just enough to obligate and restrain him.

The only agreement made was that neither would act before they met in Senate to hear what Vader’s emissaries would hand down to the Imperial government. Besides, Trachta’s clones were prepared for the wrong target. There wasn’t enough time or funds to commission another such contingent of specially “programmed” stormtroopers and Tarkin seemed to suggest that he awaited some critical moment to move. Neither Moff trusted the other, nor did they even like one another. In fact, Tarkin and Trachta would never choose one another’s company let alone follow one or the other’s lead - and there Trachta rode hide on Kadir’s nervous comportment! “Little Man...”

Kadir rose and lurched to his fresher, only to emerge moments later, face wet and uniform splattered, but somewhat calmer. The question wasn’t how was he going to survive his enemies, but rather, how was he going to survive his friends!

A personal message in greeting was the best Ozzel could attempt and he’d managed to greet the Grand Moff with a congratulation on his victory at the front, to welcome him back to Imperial Center, though to lament, “under the shadow of the Emperor’s most inauspicious demise our Empire requires the employ of a sharp rudder…”

Motti took a swig of his Corellian rum and shook the ice in his drink before looking up, legs crossed as if he was at the club discussing a game of Puttie , "Why don't we do it now? You saw that holo! Vader's weak. He's got no cohesive support in the ranks. We are loosing our best opportunity."

Tarkin peered out of the tower window and raised a brow at Motti’s interjection. He listened for the quality of response from the other officers assembled to gauge where their sentiments laid. He’d been resting his chin on the knuckle of his crooked forefinger and let his arms drop from his chest where they’d been crossed for some time and he spoke as one used to giving the final word.

"Our best opportunity was at Kalee, Motti. No, we'll have to wait. If we act now everyone of us will be exposed. Let Lord Vader address the Senate. That's his intention. I know him better than any of you and he is not ready to take the reigns of this Empire. Nor will he ever be! Let him come before us. He will expose his weaknesses to us."

"He knows, Wilhuf, he knows and he will come for us if we do not take swift action," countered Motti, who stood abruptly and sorry immediately that he had shown his hand.

"Shall we relieve you of your angst-ridden life then and do Vader a favor? You act out of abject undisciplined fear and you threaten all of us. You're lucky I call you friend! Now sit down and take a sedative."

Tarkin continued. It was time to put an end to the discussion. It was quickly devolving to ridiculous outbursts and once they caught each other’s fear, Wilhuff knew he could easily lose them. It was hours now since they’d begun. “Let him speak to the Empire and soon he'll be revealed for the dilettante he is. Brilliant tactician, but he's not a leader of vision and soon the people will see us as saviours once he botches things."
    A few moments later, Tarkin leaned to his second and spoke quietly,

"Look after them all. I want to know who's cracking under pressure. We can't afford ambivalence. I want the weak gleaned and culled from the fold, do you understand? We'll have to be diligent and eliminate at the first sign of breaking. I will not tolerate this .... weakness.”

The two Imperial Officers stood with the pale burnished gold reflection of Coruscant’s eternal lights upon their faces, having taken up protective formation over the entry point of the Reina of Ursa’s Escort and Emperor Palpatine’s meager cortege, which followed the Lady’s ship. The wedge of ships surrounding the stately and elegant Mavras Maelstrom had pierced the upper atmosphere of the capital planet in a seeming barrage of celebratory flashes as their bow shields deflected particle and heat.

They followed the fiery trails until they could no longer see them, lost amongst the glittering lights that gave Coruscant it's name, after the Corusca gem. The traffic lines were overwhelmingly congested as civilian ships were restricted clearance to land under guidance of the planetary defense officials.

The warm planetary glow coloured the hull of the Super star destroyer with amber. Ozzel's gaze traverse along the length of the 16 km long flagship. The main superstructure jutted out like buildings from the central section of the main hull, almost a city unto itself, traversed most of the length of the destroyer. Bright blue lights burned brightly. As the 'buildings' lead to the command tower, Ozzel's gaze flickered and caught sight of his own reflection in the viewport.

Sucking his gut in, he could not help but be reminded of rumours that he had concerns about his figure. “Fiddle!” It was envy that usually drove such rumours, envy for his esteemed position as commander of the Executor's flagship.

Distracted by some small commotion at the command desks, Ozzel demanded, "Can't we have decorum?! What the devil is going on back there?"

"Sorry, Admiral, Sir!"

The approach of an Ensign diverted Ozzel’s attention, who, asking to be pardoned, leaned close to the Admiral’s ear to relay a report.

“Sir, there has been a development in the infirmary.”

Ozzel gave him a quizzical look, “Why are you informing me when it is the medical officer’s duty?”

“It’s not that... There has been a security breech there. One of the patients in med bay has run a-muck.” The Ensign’s voice faltered slightly. “A few of the medical staff are injured, one is in a critical condition. We believe that the patient, Kruggerlim has become deranged.”

Blood pressure flushed Ozzel’s cheeks red, “This sort of thing should not concern the bridge. Security has been notified?” Ozzel glance with irritation in the direction of di Toli, who was busy reviewing various stations as per the Admiral’s own request, but the fact that di Toli was otherwise occupied at the moment on Ozzel’s order did not prevent the “great” man from pinning his irritation on his under officer for having to concern himself with Kruggerlim’s delirium.

“Y-yes sir.”

“Use whatever force necessary to detain and retain Kruggerlim, we don’t need any further mess aboard this ship. He’s obviously cracked under combat pressure, a weak link. The Imperial forces can not be saddled with such unstable individuals.” Ozzel didn’t say it, but he thought, Kruggerlim was Ursean and Vader seemed to attract oddballs and misfits. He stopped short of saying, “Degenerates!”

As the Ensign left, Ozzel cursed to himself.

Suddenly aware of Pit Lt. Danes who stood by at attention holding a datapad, Ozzel took affront he had not previous been aware of the Lieutenant’s presence and he regarded Danes as if he had a third eye where he oughtn't.

"What do YOU want, man?"

Meanwhile, about Executor

A shocktrooper reviewed the recording of Kruggerlim’s. His nearest team member leaned in and volunteered his thoughts: “Nothing that a little differential pressure can’t take care of.”

The security chief looked from one trooper to another. They share that unmistakable voice. Clones!

It confused and unsettled him to hear the voice answer itself.

“I think y’er onto something. Chief, you have an evacuation signal or code that’ll clear these areas of personnel?”

“Yes and we’ve locked all pods, but we’re still flying escorts out there. Hangers are under extra guard,” said the Chief swiveling in his chair to address the trooper.

A new arrival caused a stir behind them as one of the doctors drew up to the circlular security hub where the Chief stood in quick conference with the shocktroopers.

“Chief,” the doctor said with a nod. He limped forward and held a patch to his right jaw, blood trickling from his badly rearranged nose.

“You can pull him up on scans,” the doctor offered.

For a second, the Chief smiled indulgently as a kindly parent would entertain the babbling of a small child.

There was silence until the doctor gesticulated in frustration. “He’s shot through with berium...we were in the middle of running tests. We suspected a break in his GI track. He’d just about glow in the dark ...the son of ..." said he doctor, rubbing his jaw.

TAG: Danes, Kruggerlim, Corel, etc.

8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Lieutenant Esteban Corel, SSD Executor

Esteban stopped by the escape pods on the way to the Officers' Mess, slowing as he spied the gaggle of white armoured shocktroopers at the end of the ante-hall leading to the collection of circular wall hatches, dark grey plates against the white bulkheads.

"-so it was like a scene from Mountain of Terror!"

Mountain of Terror, eh?"

"Yeah, that holomovie about the geologist trying to get abos to evacuate an active volcano area."

The speaker, helmet tucked into the crook of his left arm, looked up as the harried looking naval officer appeared at the other end of the passage.

"Lieutenant Corel?"

"Ah, frag." The Intelligence officer sighed resignedly, giving the soldiers a lazy salute. "Carry on, Gents." He about-faced, heading back for the buggy that had dropped him off.

Esteban stopped by the Officers' Mess on the way to Medical, grabbing a plastic tub of butter, laddofils and rycrits adorning the yellow plastic; foregoing the offer of a butter knife; and ending the server's suggestion that his new DDLO position could be nick-named "Daddy-Lo".

"Not if you want to live past this day, it can't."

Esteban stopped by Medical, butter tub in hand, striding up to the new group of shocktroopers looking anxiously towards the Medical Wing.

He waited a few moments while the soldiers and a doctor conferred worriedly about something through the oval hatch and in the brightly-lit chamber beyond them.

Finally, the lieutenant realised he was not going to learn any more by rubber-necking, and edged forwards to the sentry point.
    "So, what are we looking at, here?"

Tag: Doctor and Shocktroopers

9. Master_of_les_pauls

Master_of_les_pauls Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2010
    OCC Sithy my apology or taking so long with this post

Ic Fredrick Kruggerlim

Location The Executor

The adrenaline was starting to wear off now but the pain that was searing through body was now fuelling him. It was time to get answers and it was time to full fill his masters wishes, as Kruggerlim finished dressing himself he decided there was one destination, the bridge. Of course it was bad protocol and even worse manners to march onto another?s ship and demand answers, answers that that person might not be even able to give, but Fredrick no longer cared any more.

The burned KIG operative began his walk towards the bridge, Fredrick had no clue if Vader was on the ship or if it was under Ozzel's command. In fact since the last mission Kruggerlim had no idea what had happened in the galaxy or if the mission had even been a success.

As Fredrick made his way to the ships bridge he saw the looks he was getting, the looks of pure horror and shock. Good he thought to himself, it would be this new image that would spread fear through his enemies. Inside he was almost looking forward to seeing the look on the one prize that had alluded him, Kruggerlim could not wait to see the look on Mon Mothma's face when he finally got his hands on her but that was of course for another day.

Now was the time for answers.

Kruggerlim stood before the Executors bridge doors and took a moment to compose himself, taking one last breath he took a step forward and as the doors opened onto the bridge. As Kruggerlim stepped through the doors there were audible gasps as people caught site of him. It was then that Fredrick stood and waited to be addressed.

Tag Imperials on the bridge

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Ah, no worries.

[b]IC: Pit Lieutenant Osward Danes[/b], [i]Executor[/i] bridge

The Admiral seemed okay as Danes approached with the datapad, but while he waited, something started going on between the senior officers, and an ensign who had pushed in front of him to pass along the news from the Medical Wing.

[i][color=olivedrab]?Why are you informing me when it is the medical officer?s duty??[/color][/i]

Okay, perhaps it was good that the unlucky ensign had gotten there first.

[i][color=darkgoldenrod]?It?s not that... There has been a security breech there. One of the patients in med bay has run a-muck.?[/color] The Ensign?s voice faltered slightly. [color=darkgoldenrod]?A few of the medical staff are injured, one is in a critical condition. We believe that the patient, Kruggerlim has become deranged.?[/color]

[color=olivedrab]?This sort of thing should not concern the bridge. Security has been notified??[/color]

[color=darkgoldenrod]?Y-yes sir.?[/color]

[color=olivedrab]?Use whatever force necessary to detain and retain Kruggerlim, we don?t need any further mess aboard this ship. He?s obviously cracked under combat pressure, a weak link. The Imperial forces can not be saddled with such unstable individuals.?[/color][/i]

As the Ensign left, Ozzel suddenly had time for Danes', [i][color=olivedrab]"What do YOU want, man?"[/color][/i]

Danes almost told the Admiral not to worry about it, but wisely bit his tongue. "Uh, in respect to the Kruggerlim situation in Medical, I have re-assigned Lieutenant Corel to handle it, as our new Dangerous Dignitary Liaison Officer. The role does not officially exist, so I need you to sign off on it, sir." He offered the open datapad.

There was an increased murmur from the personnel towards the rear of the bridge, but Danes ignored them. The smell of cooked meat, that he could not ignore.

"What? What the hey?" Danes' gaze swivelled from Ozzel's moustachioed features, to the eyed-barbecue that stood by the rear doors. [i]Where in the Original Light is Corel?[/i]

[b]Tag: Ozzel, Kruggerlim, others[/b]

11. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    IC: Admiral Ozzel, Capt. Jan di Toli, Security Chief, Doctor and Sergeant
    LOCATION: bridge of the Executor in geosynchronous orbit of Imperial Center

"Sleep deprivation," said the Sergeant and head of the fireteam using the euphemistic term Doctors employed when defining a case of combat fatigue. Combat fatigue marked a soldier as "crazy," got him discharged with lowered stipend and benefits, or in some cases, caught in friendly fire. You did not leave service due to combat fatigue. One took a mandatory sleep regimen along with a return to boot camp - just to reintroduce him to his prime motivation as a soldier.

The Doctor looked to Corel, the medical man still holding a patch to his jaw. "That and he had an adverse reaction to his enema."

The Sergeant spoke again. He was a clone of the Jango vintage. Mature, riddled with scares, at least on his face, which at the moment was exposed, his helmet under his arm. "From first accounts, Lieutenant, Sir, the patient's parted ways with reason and now he's a danger to himself and others alike. It doesn't look like a matter of simple extraction, sir. He's got nothing to lose and it appears neither have we. We're determining the best and most efficient way to put him and us out of his misery."

The trooper looked to the butter and sundries Corel carried. "If you've a mind for a picnic, Sir, might I suggest the officer's club?" Pointing to the small window onto the semi-private medical suite, the trooper continued, "He's imaginative, I'll give him that."

The Security Chief puffed. "Right! We'll decompress the suite. The three other patients' vitals have gone flat."

The Doctor came forward hurriedly. "You can't do that. I've still got 3 personnel in there!"

The Secutiry Chief shifted on his feet. "You can't seriously think that he hasn't killed them as well? We're getting nothing from in there to indicate there?s any reason to take another course of action."

"SOD IT! Stow it Doctor," cried the Security Chief. He was conversing with a holo from Ship's Security Center. "He's not in there." The Chief looked up, "Turns out you are right Doctor, we can trace him and your lunatic's made it all the way to the bridge…" He punched his fist at the bulkhead. "Close blast doors now...inform the bridge they are locked in and take him ... What?... Yes, I see him on monitor now," he said, face turning red with mounting anger. "Son of a ...Shut that corridor off."

The Sergeant leaned in to look at the wall monitor and pointed at the screen, "What's he got dragging behind him?"

The Doctor stopped his pacing and looked on,saying in exasperation, "Catheter, it's his catheter."

The Sergeant looked down at the floor to see a wet trail leading to a nearby bank of elevator doors. "There's your sign, right there. Right! Men, fall in," cried the Sergeant corralling his small team briefing them on the vantages they would be taking up in the structural hive of the bridge.

"HE'S ON THE @%o# BRIDGE!" cried the security officer in the holo to some one clear of the transponder's lens.

"BELAY MY LAST ORDER…"

On the bridge, the guards stepped forward and leveled their blasters. Security on bridge during a high alert or indeed anywhere else in the ship was quite intense. If Kruggerlim?s raw state had not shocked enough, the sight of the medical implement dragging behind and protruding from his medical gown like a stiff long tail and leaving a trail of human waste did.

Red lights flashing and klaxons sounding woke them and by his attitude, Kruggerlim seemed to be in some fantasy of his own where exposed tissue is not subject to infection, nerve damage, or desiccation and decay.

“WHAT THE DEVIL!” shouted Ozzel in vexation and stepping past Lt. Danes. “You must be Kruggerlim...out of uniform, insubordination, striking your superior officers. Combat dealt you a bad hand, young man? I’m not interested in your sob story. I’m busy abiding my duty which is to keep the order! You are definitely out of place and if you’ve a shred of common sense left, you will remember your duty. This is your only chance,” he growled and the sound of a barrage of safeties disengaged reverberated in the huge room, including those of the shocktroopers now in position above and about the bridge, the Admiral’s words connoting the range of choices include only two: the Admiral’s command or annihilation.

Di Toli stepped to Ozzel’s side and before him. He did not like Ozzel. He suspected him of treason, but until such time as he could prove it, Ozzel was his superior officer and the Captain was duty bound to stand by the Admiral.

“...You will leave my bridge immediately! Put this man in the brig.”
    Ozzel was a tall human and a substantial man, dogmatic and self important, but he commanded order and he got it. If he had not been capable of so doing, he’d never have commanded the Executor.

Security arrived as Ozzel commanded Kruggerlim submit to his arrest.

TAG: Danes, Kruggerlim, Corel, etc.

12. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    OOC: The tag of my last post should include Lt. Corel.

Also, check with one another for permission in ascribing actions to others characters before posting. You don't want to god mode or rewrite "history." For the record, no one knows who all the leadership is in the ARR much less acknowledges the ARR as a cohesive organization given the emphasis on the protracted war with the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Vader sent Mon Mothma a warning to leave Coruscant before she could be arrested. I realize a lot of time has elapsed and it's easy to forget all the details of plot points. Ask beforehand and that should help avoid mix up.

Pash

13. Master_of_les_pauls

Master_of_les_pauls Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2010
    Ic Jon Matrix

Location Yavin base

Almost on cue the Jed the two old friends had been waiting for made his way across the tarmac towards them.

Jon looked across to Torian and raised an eyebrow slightly, these Jedi are so god damned cocky Matrix thought to himself. Then Darkeyes broke the tension.

?Does your finger smell Infarius??

Jon couldn't stop himself from letting out a small laugh and then he spoke ?Well in fact we are waiting for you? With that Jon extended his hand towards the Jedi ?Jon Matrix and I'll be your host for this evenings festivities?

Tag Torian, Infarius

Ic Luke Skywalker

Location Tatooine

The ride into Mos Eisely had taken next to no time at all and as Luke sat in the passenger seat he was beginning to feel just a little excited. Obi Wan had come into the space port many times but so far Luke had never really been into the city properly, and with good reason too! On the many times Kenobi had come into the space port for supplies Luke as he always did had badgered his master to take him with his master but every time Skywalker asked his pleas were met with the same reply.

"Mos Eisely? Mos Eisley is watering hole to every half-lobed wretch this quadrant of the galaxy, Luke. In a place like that, greed is thee motivation behind many a poorly considered undertaking. There's plenty else to occupy you before ere you set foot there, my young friend."

But today was different, today they were heading into town for lunch and Luke had absolutely no idea were they were going to eat. The fact they were going into the space port but for a young boy who had spent the most part of his life living in a swap, going out for lunch doubled Luke's excitement.

As Obi Wan brought the speeder to a halt Luke couldn't stop his eyes from taking in everything around them. The young boy drank in everything he saw and he quickly understood his masters warnings about Mos Eisley, through the Force Luke could feel the fear, suspicion emitting from every pore of the space-port. The young padawan steadied himself and jumped out of the speeder, pushing the feelings that were coming through the Force away he spoke.

?Okay master, were we going to eat??

Tag Obi Wan

OCC Thanks to Pash for the Kenobi snippet, mucho gracias

14. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    IC: Infarius

?Does your finger smell Infarius??

Ben laughed out loud. "Please, General you should know better than anyone, Jedi **** don't stink!"

The other man standing with Torian let out a small guffaw and said "?Well in fact we are waiting for you?. Extending his had he introduced himself. ?Jon Matrix and I'll be your host for this evenings festivities?.

Ben smiled. Grasping Matrix's(ooc:Matrices?) hand Ben said, "Jedi Master Ben Infarius."

Tag: MoLP and Omi

15. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    OOC: Thanks to C_O again for all the input, proofing, mark-ups and of course, writing and encouragement during this hectic time. I really could not have kept up under my current obligations. Thank you all for your continued interest and energy and all your talents. You guys are truly a great bunch and I enjoy each and every one of you and the game you've all made so compelling that it's lasted so long! Thank you-

Pash

The current post is a joint effort with C_O and is preceded by a post of his with HS29 for which tag, this post is in reply.

IC: Anakin, Lord Vader - Re Mavrat of Ursa, Marie-Celeste - Reina Mavras of Ursa, Ahsoka Tano - Commissar, Sophia Anastasia - Enfanta of Ursa, Riek Supiro - Coruscant Municipal Police Chief, Lt. “Rocket” Il’barati, Ledaren Master Quinlan Vos, Artoo

Riek glanced to Vos and the Master Jedi could hear the echo of Supiro’s speeder coming back to him over the com from Ahsoka’s transmission. The R-2 unit riding with the large Lieutenant Il’barati in the back of the old cruiser of a speeder bleated happily at the sound of Ahsoka’s voice. It was cramped but certainly less so after letting the other human off with another police detail.

Vos looked over his shoulder to the unit and raised a brow.

“We have your location, Commissar...” said Vos, as the speeder banked. A vague compliment for a job well done was on his lips, but the Master was not given to them and he let the compliment “hang on the vine” as the two exchanged further information concerning the assailants and the possible direction of their escape. “You stay with Cadet Solo. I’ll pursue...with Police assistance, of course,” commanded the Ledaren. “See to Commissar Tano and the boy and transport them to the Embassy and the R-2 unit as well,” Vos said to Riek, adding, “my gratitude, Chief.” However, his small nod to etiquette in his gruff voice sounded nonetheless like a dictate.

The Chief had little time to afford to a curious laugh or a long stare as the Master Jedi leaped from the speeder to land catlike on an isolated landing ledge several stories below. He was gone and one with the shadows before they were themselves out of sight.

Riek dropped into the deep dank lane they’d left earlier and turned a corner to find the Togruta crouching with the young man unconscious in her arms.

Rocket’s lumbering form could be seen through the mists as he stepped from the speeder and Riek and Artoo after him.

Rocket knelt beside Ahsoka. “Any wounds?” Artoo lited next to the Lieutenant and greeted Ahsoka with a series of soft whistles that conveyed the little droid’s relief at finding her safe.

Looking up from Solo, it was a relief to see a friendly face after waiting in this cold alley. She smiled to the droid before regarding the Lieutenant. "Just a few bumps, cuts and bruises and probably a splitting headache when he comes to." Ahsoka answered him. She repositioned her hold on him for a better grip. "We have to get him out of here, help me lift him please and carefully."

Il'barati took from his pocket a small scanner, quickly assessing the young man's phyisical status and ascertained that he could indeed be moved with no further harm. He then shot a small cartridge into the air that quickly burst and covered the area in a glowing dust that reveal footprints and trails, a print of where they huddled over Solo and various other clues to recent movement in the area. He flashed a big benign smile to the Togruta and said in his deep voice, "No problem, Miss." The giant human leaned down and scooped Solo up in one move and began to return the way the Chief was approaching carrying the cadet who lay in his arms like a rag doll.

“Ah... thank you.” Ahsoka replied, surprised at the ease the larger man had with lifting the Cadet from her lap. Rising back up onto her feet, there was the tingly feeling caused by her circulation returning to normal in her legs. Brushing her knees with a few swipes of her palm, she glanced back over her shoulder to where Larrad had disappeared not long ago before following behind Il’barati.

Rocket laid the lanky Cadet on the back seat of Riek’s black sporty speeder with surprising gentleness. The little blue and white astromech cooed softly as his photoreceptor swivelled and focused on the injured Solo.

“How are you?” asked Riek as she walked alongside Ahsoka. She wondered if the Commissar needed a coat or jacket. She seemed chilled.

“I.. It feels strange but I am okay....” Ahsoka folded her arm in front of her abdomen to hold down the hem that had ridden up again, while her right hand was at the ready for the saber on her hilt. “still running on instincts.”

Riek nodded. “We dropped your partner off round the corner,” she said half-jokingly. “He ...doesn’t mince words does he, Mast... I mean Mr. Vos,” said Riek revealing her hunch about the Ledaren.

“They say you can’t teach an old hound new tricks.. but we’re working on him.” Ahsoka replied, biting back a further remark that Vos’ range of vocabulary has increased since yesterday. Maybe that was a bit too harsh.

Riek laughed inwardly. “So you have a long association with him,” she asked casually thinking to herself that that “old hound” managed to keep his “property” in fine condition.

“Hmm.. not with him but to a... partner we both have a connection with...” Ahsoka almost chuckled at the thought. “I guess you could say we are the opposite sides to our partner’s coin.”

“Well, hang on a moment...” said Riek with a quick smile, directing Ahsoka and Artoo into the speeder.

“Rocket,” she called after her Lieutenant. Il’barati had gone back to the place where he’d retrieved Han and was scanning the area with another handheld meter that cast a wide and narrow beam of blue light over the area, the dust he’d scattered earlier illuminated in a very obvious way.

“I’ll take the Commissar and the Cadet to the Embassy, debrief Miss Tano and relay her info to you. Those units over here immediately to give you support. You going to be alright?”

“AW...going great for me, Chief. This is my ballywhack! Muck, slime, moldy dark alleys - makes me pine for home,” he said sarcastically.

“Stay alert and don’t let the bed bugs hitch a ride,” she called over her shoulder as she shook the hem of her tailored navy blue coat subconsciously and grimaced as she stepped into her speeder.

Making a call in for support, the Chief pulled into the air and took them up slowly. She looked about peering down intersecting lanes and passages deep in shadows before taking them up into the higher traffic grid.

Activating her comm she called to Ahsoka. “I need to get some information from you, it’s procedure. Tell me about your encounter and can you describe your assailants? Any details you can remember...” she encouraged.

Nodding almost to herself, she kept an eye on Solo as she relayed to Supiro what she had experienced with the encounter with that pungent, foul man that had assaulted the Cadet, leaving no detail out.

In very little time the Chief found herself standing before she whom the Galaxy, but for the formality of ceremony, would call its Empress just outside a large and opulently appointed room. At the lady’s side a child stood anxiously looking back to the unconscious cadet as the Empress spoke her gratitude on the recovery of Solo.

“He’ll be awake soon. We’ve given him something to relieve the inflammation resulting from the contusions. Rest for a day is what is needed,” said the medical droid in a soft obsequious voice as it answered the Empress’ questions.

Sophia stood and listened impatiently, though she was intrigued by Artoo who found the Enfanta likewise intriguing and droid and Enfanta inspected one another with great study.

Riek was about to bow her way out when a familiar voice could be heard approaching from behind the Chief and she froze where she stood while the astromech, in contrast, wheeled about excitedly.

“This is Chief of Police, Captain Riek Sup...” said Celeste, making the introduction to the approaching person.

“Riek!” said Anakin in recognition.

“Your Excellency,” said Riek, hoping she’d gotten the address correct. She couldn’t bring herself to meet his gaze. It had nothing to do with his reputation as Executor. She inclined her head slightly in a shallow bow.

Anakin smiled at seeing Artoo and Ahsoka and relieved Ahsoka was able to complete her first mission as Commissar.

He looked down to Riek, though not by much as the blond headed woman was tall herself. “I was sorry to hear about ‘Pops’, Riek. He got to see your installation though. I know he was happy for you.” Anakin was unused to small talk and Riek’s discomfort at the same was palpable.

In fact, Riek was startled by the realization and connection between the Ledaren Vos, Commissar Tano and the Executor. Something was afoot; a significant shift was taking place and she couldn’t or dare not put words to it.

Anakin stuck his hand out to take Chief Supiro’s which he shook awkwardly, but the connection was real and somehow it gave him a sense of completeness.

“Um...yes, proud...thanks...er, Your Excel....” said Riek who suddenly found herself the object of the little girl’s curious gaze.

“Chief Supiro is an old...fr...iend,” said Anakin, not entirely sure Riek would use that word to characterize her past association. “Her father took me into his employ for a while, repairing droids,” he related, smiling slowly at what surprised him to be warm memories.

Celeste looked to Sophia and then to Ahsoka in surprise, not sure what to make of the odd mix of “feelings” that made the moment so stilted for two “old friends.”

“Do you repair droids, Chief Supiro?” asked Sophia, in slight confusion and wondering how droid repair and police work fit.

“I...beg pardon?” said Riek, now feeling completely out of place.

“Droids, do you repair them?” repeated Sophia.

Anakin laughed.

Riek patted Artoo on the dome and said, “I was pretty darn good at repairing, but now I’m too busy running criminals to ground. That’s my job, police work!” Riek answered looking from Sophia to Anakin and noting the very strong resemblance between father and daughter and she felt a twinge of jealousy which surprised her no end and she tried a big smile at the Ursean Princess. Returning her attention to Anakin, she realized she must be wearing her emotions on her sleeve. “Well, my office will continue to investigate, search and bring the perpetrators to justice,” she said hoping to encourage her own dismissal.

“Thank you, Chief Supiro,” said Anakin, conscious of he fact that time was running short and he was as discomforted by Riek as she was by him. Sometimes, meeting your past can knock the pretense out of one, he thought in a very brightly lucid moment. In a flash he understood. She feared him, had reason to question him, and deep down, she knew something about him that she’d like to pretend she didn’t.

From her vantage point, Ahsoka’s gaze slowly swept across the room, listening and ‘feeling’, though she kept her presence to herself. Last thing she wanted was to seem like she was staring and making things feel awkward. She sensed it was becoming a time of reunions for Anakin; first with her, then with his family and now with an old friend. It is a lot to process and there was that feeling in her stomach again, the one that made her feel a bit off centre. It must be from being disconnected and now starting to fall back into sync again, the return felt natural though it will take time to get used to things. Her attention pricked up at the mentioning of repairing droids, smiling inside, she hasn’t told him yet but she did wonder what Anakin would make of her spending time as a mechanic for Phira spaceport on Rendili. Something they could discuss later and among other things when they get a chance.

Celeste spoke, breaking the strained silence that had suddenly settled. “Will you be the one to interview Cadet Solo when he is restored?” She expected the answer was “no,” but hoped it was “yes.” Then it occurred to Celeste she could request it so. “I would be most grateful if you could conduct that interview yourself, Chief Supiro.”

Anakin looked sharply to Celeste at his side.

“It … eh... well, normally I do not … I mean, Your Highness, that the case is assigned a team of Detectives who would follow …” said Riek under the gaze of the man who would be Emperor.

She inhaled. “I suppose I could in this case take the interview,” said the Chief, trying not to sound too much like one who’d won a door prize. “So...until later, then.” She bowed curtly and realized she didn’t know if someone or which someone was escorting her out.

Anakin nodded to someone behind the group and a USF Embassy guard stepped forward to guide the tall Chief back to her speeder.

During the awkwardness, Sophia had slipped into Han’s room with Artoo trailing, curious, behind her while the Enfanta stood at the bedside to watch the young man sleep. She gently stole her hand forward to trace a bright red and purple-ing bruise on his cheek. Pursing her lips she put a small lilly she’d commandeered from one of the many vases of arranged flowers in the corridor in his unconscious clasp and patted the smooth warm skin of the back of his hand. She blinked away her tears not really certain why they fell. She was relieved he was found, but sad to see him hurt. She fluffed his pillow and smoothed the edge of the bed sheets before sitting down next his bed and reading softly from a reader in her lap, the blue and silver droid next her.

“Once upon a time, in a galaxy far far away...”

The progenitors, parental units, look on in silent admiration, Anakin thought to himself with some humor. The light from the long windows fell in hazy gold across the domestic scene like an illustration from an old book of fairy tales. He put a finger to his lips archly and gestured Celeste and Ahsoka should leave Sophia to play nurse to her friend.

Celeste stole glance over her shoulder. Her daughter’s hair almost looked dark red where the sunlight warmed her head. The pale blue drapes and upholstery softened the brighter light of day coming on, the same light, so gentle and hazy in the large room looked harsh out beyond the bank of six tall windows on the other side of hte bed. Han lay in repose, his scrapes and cuts lightly bandaged with small bacta patches. The boy was handsome and had grown even more so over the last few months as he started growing into his lanky arms and legs. He’d been left in his trousers and tunic to keep from disturbing him as he recovered.

Sophia had remained dressed as had her mother for ceremony. They were expected to make their appearances with the Re as well. The stiff silver satin skirts and corseted bodice made Sophia look like a slender doll, but for her height. The Enfanta’s brown hair fell to her waist in silken waves and her big blue eyes in the pool of creamy skin only served to complete her innocent beauty.

The young Princess adored her friend and Celeste knew, Sophia pretended the two were brother and sister!

“Thank you for finding him, Ahsoka. I’m sorry he had to endure the ill treatment he has. I must admit, I don’t understand why he left in the first place, but now he is back, perhaps he will be persuaded to keep our society. Sophia would have been beyond herself had any worse befallen Mr. Solo.

Smiling, Ahsoka found the sight of Sophia to be sweet in the way she was tending to Solo. Giving the Enfanta one last look, Ahsoka fell into position at Anakin and Celeste’s side. ”You are welcome, it was by chance that I arrived in time to prevent any further harm to come to him.” Ahsoka pondered what that repulsive man wanted with Solo. “I don’t quite understand what it was all about but I am glad he is safe.”

Celeste smiled tenuously. Ahsoka was a very strong personality, fierce and yet, kind.

As the trio entered the receiving parlor of the Royal suite, she couldn’t help but take note of Ahsoka’s attire and with sudden realization, discovered one article in particular was quite familiar to her. “That’s a lovely color on you, Ahsoka,” said Celeste gesturing to her top.

Tilting her head to her left shoulder, Ahsoka didn’t quite catch the meaning of Celeste’s compliment until she glanced down at her attire. Her cheeks flushed warm as she realised what Celeste meant; the clothes Commissar Tano wore had come from Celeste’s wardrobe. “Mm.. Thank you.” Ahsoka replied bashfully with a small tilt of her head, causing her side lekku to cover her jaw hoping the flush of colour in her cheeks would not be noticed.

“I was taking a shower...and it was raining last night...it’s a long story,” said Anakin relenting. It was not often he did, but in this case, he’d already sunk his argument with his opening gaff and there was no point in pretending he wasn’t awkward in the face of reality.

“I thought it looked familiar,” said Celeste with a sly smile. “I always prefer to wear violet on rainy nights too, particularly when you take a shower!” she continued laughingly and teasingly challenging him with her glance.

“At least it makes you laugh!” said Anakin sheepishly.

“Yes...I think I can translate, I have learned your lingo, my Lord. Let’s see, you had a surprise reunion and Ahsoka was out in the rain. She had no travel gear and you leant her some of my clothes.”

“Just so!” said Anakin with a smile.

“I’ve been organizing my Senate Address in the past 90 minutes. The session will begin when I... when WE arrive, but I can’t keep them waiting long. Just before you returned Ahsoka, I was notified that Palpatine’s remains are in transit. The transport is probably landing now,” he said bowing slightly to the Reina, his wife.

“HERE?” The playful smile dissappeared from the Reina’s face. Celeste was clearly unpleasantly surprised.

“Yes, I’m afraid this was the best option. The Ursean Embassy is the most fortified and staffed with ...those sympathetic to my ascension. We cannot afford to let our guard down. I promise you will not be troubled by the precedings and once they have completed the autopsy, he will be taken from here.”

Celeste nodded stiffly. “Yes...of course. Well...go. The sooner it’s over...” she said not meeting his gaze or finishing her sentence. She waved the Re and Ahsoka on smiling a public smile as she blinked back the gleam in her eyes and gestured to her waiting assistant.

“Shall I... be joining you.. or is there something that you need me to do?” Ahsoka asked, unsure of what would be best to do.

“I expect you will come with me and we’d better hurry,” the young Re said nearly down the gleaming marble corridor and out of the room as he waved Ahsoka to join him.

“Coming!” With a half leap and a skip, Ahsoka closed the distance between them and fell into step at Anakin’s side. Her arms automatically folding behind her back.

Tall windows allowed the sunlight to stream through everywhere in the vast Embassy complex in golden shafts of morning light, the warmth welcoming. As they walked, Anakin briefed Ahsoka about what she should expect. The procedure for the remains of the former Chancellor-turned-Emperor would be performed under observation from neutral parties. “It’s a necessary inconvenience to us all, but everything I do must be transparent. There will be forever the question of his death and of my right to his throne. I hadn’t meant for the autopsy to take place here,” he said nodding to salutes and greetings as they passed officers and politicos in the halls. “Afterwards, his remains will be installed at the Senate...it’s not about him, it’s about his sycaphants and enemies of which there are many.”

I’ve learned, Ahsoka, that ceremony is not about those who are celebrate but about everyone else, about shaping perception, giving them a perspective - a framework for understanding whatever issues are involved - like the autopsy. If this... committee of surgeons makes a formal report stating he died as witnessed. Then at least the circumstances of that event are made concrete in the public’s mind...”

Ahsoka wondered who would make up the committee of which he spoke and whether it was anyone she knew. There was some form of concern in his voice, there was another ‘body’ travelling with him and one that was more animated and perverse. A troublemaker, one full of his own self importance and already she could tell that the walking corpse, formerly known as Sin, was an obnoxious critter. “...and Palpatine made him one of his “Hands,” a Commander. How he managed to survive, I don’t know. He is a loose canon and a reactionary, quick to anger and slow to reason, and vain. He’s unstable...” He conveyed the list of examples of that instability and Sin’s unfortunate changling qualities, the Hsiss he could become and his inability to control it.

Ahsoka bit back commenting that this Sin should be sent “from whence he came to claim his peace” and quite beside himself.

The next set of windows overlooked the landing area, one level above. Already they could see a shuttle bus turning about and hovering over marked decking, performing landing manoeuvres. Sensing a brief opening in the discussion between Master and Padawan, Ahsoka relayed to Anakin the highlights about how the end of her first mission had gone since the last they had spoken, from how she and Vos managed to pick up a scent, a trail that lead her to Han. Vos was still out there searching for the assailants, his absence here would be missed. Smiling, Anakin smiled and was glad to hear that the two of them had worked well together without too much of abrasion between them.

The busy quiet of the Embassy was suddenly replace by the roar of engines and a stiff wind as they stepped out onto the small port that serviced the Ursean compound. Out onto the tarmac they strode and as they did so, they were met by repulsor dollies and lifts, a small contingent of droids and flesh workers and various staff to see to the new arrivals and their belongings or deliveries.

The eddies and gust that buffeted the tarmac carried voices away and slapped Anakin’s cloak about his legs and lifted it dramatically about him, his dark hair writhing about his torso which he grasped in annoyance and twisted into a queue and tucked into his collar to keep it from blowing into his face. The towering “canyons” of Coruscant created the windy currents that daily scoured the megalopolis and sometimes created difficult downdrafts. The mountain side’s elevation also felt an additional sweep of air as heat rose from the buildings below. Thus, the hover bus now landing swung too and fro before gently alighting the smooth dark landing surface at the Ursean Embassy. The Chamberlain informed the Re, leaning in to cup his hand to further direct his voice against the whistling wind that this was Captain Vectis and her officers arriving just now.

The Re nodded just as he caught sight of a LAAT in the distance. That, he surmised should be Gen. Lekhauf with Captain Sohmer and Commander Sin.

“Captain Scyther Vectis...” called Anakin against the roar of engines to Ahsoka and pointing out to the hover bus and then he shouted, “Captian Sohmer, Gen. Lekhauf and Commander Sin,” and pointed up to the LAAT, completing his conversation started inside as they made their way to the tarmac minutes ago. The Re indicated the medical contingent that waited at an entrance to their left. He had filled Ahsoka in as they traveled the corridors so she understood he required her in both capacities of welcoming committee and extra insurance should Sin choose to spit fire yet again.

The shadows of various vehicles arriving and departing flitted across the tawny stone towers of the Embassy. Ahsoka could see here and there sentries policing the ramparts and half concealed heavy guns placed about the complex with specific vantages to ensure the integrity of the Embassy’s security.

The tarmac itself was still shaded from the coming morning and lay in a soft purple twilight while the towers and mountain above shown gold with light. The minarets and domes of the Embassy glinted with their bronzium foiled curved roofs and the gracefully arching windows with their mullions sparkled as the sun rose higher in the sky by the second.

Above the noise of the small port, could faintly be heard the deep tolling of many large bells high in the mountain above from the Basilica at the apex of the range. Anakin glanced again to Ahsoka and stood hands clasped at his back, tall and if a bit wind swept, still clean and “new” in the burgeoning light.

TAG: Captain Scyther Vectis + and All Star officers, Cadet Han Solo

16. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Lord Advisor Eddard Dondarion, crew of the "Aquila"
    Location: Chommell Sector - Obligon Nebula/Arrissa's Field - 'Relentless'

Eddard paced in front of the Aquila crew. He was not sure how to start, if he talked to them apologetically he will surely lose face, but neither did he want to sound too stern - after all they were not the ones to blame for the current situation. The guards stood in attention, along with the commissar, the pilots and Thaddeus. The maids and the butler Jarvis managed to regain some of their composure. This must be a terrifying moment for them, they were not afraid for their lives, they were afraid of failure. They were not able to elude captivity and now the ducal shuttle was in the hands of the outsiders.

The Jedi needed to address this concern first. So he cleared his throat and started speaking in pure and higher class Kaladanian. He knew that some of the outsiders and their droids are able to translate Uniatis but he doubted that they knew Kaladanian. Each of the planets of the Union had devised their own language to further confuse the enemy when trying to monitor their frequencies.

"I want first to thank you for your service, despite the fact that we were caught. This should not discourage you and I am sure that Her Ultimacy will not consider this a failure of any sorts." he paused to let the words sink in "As I am sure that she will do whatever it needs to free us…"

He was interrupted by the commissar who stepped forward and said with a zealous fervour.

"Long live her Ultimate Majesty Duchess Jori the first of this name Atreides! The Keeper of the Truth and Justice, the Protector of the United Realms and the Holder of the Seal! Long live!"

The others quickly repeated "Long live!" in a chorus with Thaddeus thundering above the voices of the others. Eddard concealed his amusement, the people of the Union were like children pure and naive in their beliefs. That did not mean that they were harmless, they can be extremely cruel and xenophobic. They could justify any atrocity with their beliefs and that made them dangerous and unpredictable. In the past few centuries they have been living under the constant pressure of the expectation of an imminent attack by the outsiders. They are extremely paranoid and suspicious. And to add prideful to the mix and you get an approximation of their nature. This spectacle was just a show of the strength of their beliefs and the unwavering loyalty to the House Atreides who currently represented the Union. You can change the name and some of the titles with any head of a house but the reaction would have been the same.

"Yes, indeed, long live!" he tried to feign enthusiasm. "Now, the captain assured me that there will be quarters for all of us, but do be careful what you say."
    "Don't worry milord, we will not say a thing to these barbarians! We are proud sons and daughters of the Union!" said the commissar.

"I am sure, but I needed to warn you. There is no need to be rude to them though, try not to act too hostile as it might cause Her Ultimacy some troubles."

He could not say that it will cause them problems as they will gladly accept this as a path to martyrdom and will surely start doing something stupid. The threat to the duchess worked, all seemed to accept these conditions, even the towering Royal Guard nodded in agreement. He was sure that they will keep their words, after all the command was given by the Lord Advisor and in these cases they became unimaginative and unable to take the initiative. He will have to exploit these traits to steer them properly. Surely given some degree of freedom he was sure that they will be creative in killing outsiders not fearing for their lives, but this was not the case so he will have to apply some manipulations.

“I am sure that you know how much you can reveal when questioned?”

All nodded again, he hoped that it won’t come to that, because they will surely accept this as another way to martyrdom. All unfavorable scenarios spelled disaster, at least in his opinion. But they were after all human beings with their own thoughts and emotions despite the conditioning. When in the Union they acted and functioned like normal people but when faced such threats they become quite different. This was very interesting, of course the reactions varied as there were people who were used to meeting outsiders. Those who were working in shipping goods and the intelligence agents. The irony was that the crew of the Aquila as the ones from the ducal ship were supposed to act normal, but it seems they were selected from the most fanatic and zealous of the possible candidates.

Well he was not surprised of such behavior to be exhibited by the commissar, the Death Guards and the Royal Guards, after all these were their doctrines and they followed a standard pattern of behavior. But the rest of the crew should have been a bit more open-minded towards strangers and more accepting. He had to speak with Jori about this if he met her again. The Jedi highly doubted that he will be released from custody and doubted that the duchess will put up much of a fight over him. He was now useless to her, misleading her several times and causing this catastrophe. Eddard only hoped that she will keep Dennii safe, as she might be the key of the Union’s reformation.

“I hope you understand, there must be no attempts of killing or maiming anyone of the Imperial crew. Well unless attacked, though I doubt it, if they wanted us dead we would have been scrap by now.”

They all nodded unison, he found it amusing that even the maids, those pretty girls were willing to do such a thing, even the old man Jarvis.

“All right then, let’s not keep our hosts waiting.”

He then turned towards where the Captain was standing and just waited for the man to approach him again…

TAG: Captain Dorja

17. Eme-ma_Himou

Eme-ma_Himou Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    OOC:

Ok, I received this bit of information as a valentine from my sweetheart, but apparently there is a Mandalorian character in the Clone Wars cartoon that uses this bizarre black lightsaber called the darksaber?

For those of you that remember our brief turn with the Penari blade/darksaber you will remember that they were originally black lightsabers... before our dearest Pash and others brought me to my senses and reminded me that there is NO SUCH THING AS A BLACK LIGHTSABER. It has taken nearly five years to get over this. As cool and badass as a black lightsaber is, it literally makes no physical sense. At all.

And now I see this... and I have to hang my head in defeat.

For those of you that were in the old crowd, I figured you'd see this and giggle. [face_mischief]

EDIT: I put in a link to a 2005 character sheet for Himou that discussed the Penari blade/darksaber. It was LITERALLY an ancient Jedi artifact called the darksaber.

18. Ominous

Ominous Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    IC: General Torian

The ship that would carry the small force of soldiers was teeming with testosterone and the smell of cordite. The intensity inside the hull was great enough to launch them into hyperspace without the use of sub-light engines. Torian looked around and took a deep breath of jungle air. The humid, warm weather of Yavin IV would soon be replaced by the cold, blackness of space.

He dropped his cigar on the flight deck and put it out with his combat boot. ?All right, drop your fun gun and grab your rifle. Let?s blow this taco stand.?

TAG: Infarius, Matrix and the cadre of death in the ship.

19. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC:Captain Scyther Vectis & the AllStars

In the beautiful morning of Coruscant, the bus was now gliding smoothly towards the Ursean Embassy carrying the Captains of the AllStars and the Lieutenants, or in Peace Keeper?s case a Commander.

Ensign Charios, who was representing Obdurate, was looking nervously down at his hands. He knew he had instigated a possible investigation because of what he had seen on board Huntress. Being debriefed by Lord Vader was not something you did every day.

Scyther was nervous too. She hadn't seen Lord Vader in person for a long while; no doubt he had seen some action from the recent battles with the CIS. He was a mysterious creature, he could be kind and yet he had a temper bubbling inside him, ready to release at any moment like a volcano exploding.

Arazov seemed to notice Scyther looking nervous, so he placed his hand on her right shoulder as a reassurance.

"Hey, you okay in there?"

Scyther smiled behind at Arazov and patted his hand as a thank you gesture for his concern.

"You should be less nervous than I am; it's not every day you get to meet the ruler of your planet, let alone one of the greatest warriors in the Empire"

Scyther laughed "True Arazov, true, but you never know what he's going to be like, he's so unpredictable"

Meanwhile Ivanov who was sitting next to Arazov was concentrating on his datapad, silently hoping that a certain aide would be there at the Ursean Embassy, one that had melted his ice cold heart so long ago.....

Bahari who was sitting next to Scyther was going paler by the second Scyther wondered if he would suddenly disappear into his seat. Madison and Terric were sitting in front of herself and Bahari and were talking about what they were going to do when they finally got the time off.

As they arrived at the Ursean Embassy, the hover bus moving into position they could see two figures standing on the tarmac ready to meet them.

The human was undeniably Lord Vader; the other was a lithe looking red skinned alien, her head surrounded by two tail like appendages which were coloured in blue chevrons with white with blue tips which reached down to her hips, there were also montrails which curved upwards and back from her head. She looked slim and athletic, she was probably one of Vader's bodyguards or assistants Scyther figured. She was dressed in a purple top which clung to her slim frame, tan trousers and black boots with a lightsaber clearly viible and clipped to her belt.

But Terric knew her differently, and he was staring through the windscreen at her shocked and elated at the same time. She'd survived, was his first thought and he was excited at the prospect of seeing her once again. He had only given the other Captain's a hint that he had had a Jedi on board Unstoppable during the Clone Wars and now they would see her in the flesh.

She now looked older than when Terric had last seen her, but she still looked as beautiful and feisty as she was back in the days of war. Madison's dislike of the Jedi was visible for all to see, and no doubt he would probably make a snide comment to Terric about fraternising with Jedi, and especially an alien Jedi.

Scyther had noticed that Terric had gone stock still and was no longer talking; Madison looked at him and waved a hand in front of his face trying to snap him out of it.

"Coruscant to Captain Milos Terric, hello? Come back down from whatever nice dream you're having"

"Can I get a witness?" Scyther said grinning "Because I think in the first time in his career, Captain Terric is speechless."

Bahari tried hard not to snort, whilst Arazov laughed. Ivanov didn't look up from his datapad.

Madison grunted "You know what he gets like when he sees a beautiful woman; well this is a new version, what he gets like when he sees a beautiful alien".

Scyther smiled and gave Terric a nudge to wake him up.

"Come on Terric, time to greet our Lord and Master"

"Sure..." he responded but he was still staring at the female alien.

As the bus landed and the door opened the fresh air of Coruscant burst inside, to Scyther it smelt like home, smelt of order and justice. They all eventually piled out onto the tarmac, droids coming over to assist them with belongings, but Ivanov waved them off as they hadn’t brought their possessions with them.

“Alright boys” Scyther said in her gentle tones, he hair wafting about her face in the breeze “Line up and form up”.

Immediately as they walked to Lord Vader and the guest, they began to from up into three lines, Captain’s in front, senior Lieutenants, Ensign Charios and Commander Cutter behind and the junior Lieutenants in the third line.

Scyther enjoyed having her clan around her, Terric on her left, Bahari on her right who still looked as white as a sheet, his hands trembling. Madison was beside Terric with Ivanov and Arazov providing the ends. The clan only spoke to each other over the comm and they rarely saw each other in person. This time was the first time ever that the AllStars clan were all together, and Arazov seemed to be fitting in nicely. Scyther hoped he would become a more permanent addition to the fighting force.

They stopped in front of Lord Vader and the female alien and bowed to their Lord and now possibly their Emperor. The Urseans bowed deeper than the humans, Ivanov because of his tall frame was nearly bent ninety degrees.

“Captain Vectis and the AllStars group of Onslaught fleet reporting as requested My Lord” Scyther said with confidence but in her mind she was screaming. “A pleasure to see you once again My Lord, unfortunately we come at a sad time for the Empire. But seeing you alive and well gives us all the hope we need in these dark times” Scyther also nodded to his guest.

Terric was still infuriately staring at the alien and another nudge, this time from Madison brought him out of it.

“Unfortunatly our group lost Obdurate” said Ivanov, “And I have instructed my crew to go and get some rest immediately, which is also the reason why you do not see my two Lieutenants here with me. However, I have brought Ensign Kim Charios as requested, and he will brief you on what he saw aboard Huntress

TAG: Lord Vader, Miss Ahsoka Tano

20. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    IC: General Lekhauf
    LOCATION: Coruscant, Ursean Embassy and ready to begin landing

The General swallowed and found himself backed up hard against the bulkhead as a pair of arms and then legs danced up his frame like serpents. The Lieutenant was under undue influence; Lehkauf had to admit her skills as an exotic dancer were quite captivating!

He shot Palpatine?s hand a steely gaze as he pulled off his black uniform jacket and hastily covered the unknowing Lieutenant?s frame with it. ?Ah...yes, Lieutenant, the customer is always right, so, listen to me; pay no more attention to that voice in your head! Colonel Sin is having a joke at your expense, I?m afraid. You sit there with Commander Merch - Merch get her into her uniform,? said the General in the most fatherly way he could and leaning down to toss the few articles of the Lieutenant?s clothing to the Commander.

Wheeling round to Sin, Lekhauf gritted out,?I understand your personal code leaves little room for restraint, but you are ?? The General?s sentence was interrupted by an announcement from the cockpit and the view outside.

A Hover bus before them was descending onto the tarmac on the side of mountain at the Ursean Embassy which spires and crenellated ramparts rose before them as the LAAT descended too.

Lekhauf continued, ?...you?re about to greet your superior who I?ll wager will not be giving your antics any quarter. Put your ego back in your codpiece, Mr. Sin and zip it up, Man, before you find yourself singing soprano! DO YOU UNDERSTAND??

Being the fop he was, Sin might not have felt through his numerous layers of precisely arranged shabbyness the press of the blaster barrel at his gut, but Lekhauf was fairly certain Sin grasped the situation clearly.

The expelling of the hydraulics and a slight jolt indicated they had landed and the bay doors were opening with a metalic squeal. The strains of the Imperial March could be heard above the roar of engines. Ah, a formal and public reception, Colonel. Your timing is impeccable!

TAG: Colonel Sin, Captain Sohmer, Commander Merch and Lieutenant Raechel Yaer

21. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    OOC: Thank you C_O for your work in this joint post.

IC: Anakin, Lord Vader, the man who would be Emperor, Commissar Ahsoka Tano

Anakin spied the Commander of the AllStars, the Captain Scyther Vectis lead her officers with 'polish' from the hover bus to where the young Emperor stood with the Togruta at his side, saluted and presented herself and her officers with due military procedure in three lines, arranged by rank.

They bowed crisply, the Urseans a bit deeper out of respect for their Re more so than simply their Supreme Commander - a bit of system pride, thought Anakin.

Anakin nodded his acknowledgment and Captain Vectis made her address with confidence, but he sensed some discomfort on her part. Her patrician bearing always presented a cool, if slightly acerbic wit, and despite her finely wrought features suggesting her underlying grace and closely guarded softer side, she was incisive and, from his personal experience, anything but equivocal. If she was, for whatever reason, reluctant to be in his presence, her sense of duty prevailed and she did not broadcast it in the sort of leaking emotional sponge of a way many non-sensitives did. Her hair pulled back, the wind was doing it's best to undo her military "spit," but she stood at attention, green eyes meeting his gaze.

We are making progress, he thought to himself. Their last meeting was abrasive. Though, he did not blame Vectis. He seemed to naturally engender a discomfort in others while with animals, it was the opposite. He sighed inwardly.

"Captain Vectis and the AllStars group of Onslaught fleet reporting as requested ... A pleasure to see you once again, My Lord, unfortunately we come at a sad time for the Empire. But seeing you alive and well gives us all the hope we need in these dark times."

The young Emperor tilted his head to catch more of her words against the howling wind and nodded to let her know he'd caught the gist of her meaning.

The tall Ursean Captain Ivanov spoke up as Vectis' gesture advanced him and Anakin looked to the Captain noting the Ursean's reserved demeanor and scars. "Unfortunately, our group lost Obdurate" said Ivanov, "And I have instructed my crew to go and get some rest immediately, which is also the reason why you do not see my two Lieutenants here with me. However, I have brought Ensign Kim Charios as requested, and he will brief you on what he saw aboard Huntress."

Indeed, Ivanov carried the weight of the deaths of those under his command and the loss of his ship. Anakin knew well that weight. He looked to Charios with interest. Yes, he anticipated that interview.

"Ensign Charios," said Anakin with a nod and then, "Welkommande, Kapitan Ivanov," he called over the wind in crisp Ursean and leaning to note Arazov, said with hand cupped, "Gruss Seele, minn bror." Then to the Scyther and the rest, "Welcome, Captain Vectis, and officers of Group AllStars," he offered, his deep voice carried by the wind. "Best we continue conversing ..." and he pointed in the direction of the Embassy entrance through which he and Ahsoka had only moments earlier exited out onto the landing area, "inside. I must... prevail upon you to wait upon me just a bit longer." Again he had to cup his hand to say the rest, as the LAAT began to settle on the tarmac not far from where the hover bus sat. "The Emperor's remains!"

He remembered to smile and did so. His instinct was to take the Lady Captain’s hand, but remembered how well that had gone over the last he’d done so and was glad he’d reminded himself. He truly appreciated the worth of those who had given so much in battle and regretted having to make all wait, but it was a matter of both practicality and decorum. In this way, the deceased Emperor was going to be met by a somber if small and distinguished guard of honor but little ceremony to impede the process of his autopsy and laying in.

“Captain Vectis,” he said gesturing to Ahsoka at his side, “this is Commissar Ahsoka Tano. More on introductions afterward.” It was pointless to talk over the deafening sound of the LAAT’s repulsors echoing off the mountain and stone face of the Embassy and he could see the large side bay doors open.

A 40-manned contingent of troopers and guards were called to attention and a small band struck up a slow march. Those news correspondents allowed to record the moment began to take their holos. A repulsor palette was brought forward to take the remains and Anakin gestured to Ahsoka to step forward with him and to the side of the AllStars to salute the remains. If Ahsoka could not bring herself to salute, he would understand and he wondered what she thought at the moment.

It seemed forever before anyone disembarked the LAAT. Time slowed to an excruciating crawl.

Ahsoka looked across the formation of officers and then back to the Commander of the group, noting the nod the Captain had given her during the introduction of her group, Ahsoka gave a small smile in return. As another officer spoke further, the accent sounded familiar to Ahsoka having grown more accustomed to it and she recognized it as Ursean. There was someone else there... she sensed and felt a set of eyes were staring at her. As her gaze flitted across the others, she couldn’t quite tell which one. There was one officer however who looked somehow familiar, though she couldn’t quite place from where or when.

As soon as she began to consider how she might know the officer, Ahsoka felt a shiver travel down her spine. She resisted the urge to hold her arms close. It was not the gusty winds which caused the sensation of coldness, but something other that prickled her skin. Lifting her gaze to sky as she heard the unmistakable thrumming of a gunship’s engines, the pitch grew lower as the sound became louder. There was something onboard that vehicle giving rise to the unpleasant sensation.

As the gunship landed, Ahsoka followed Anakin’s lead and stood by his side as they saw the doors part open. Sensing some of the sombre mood from those about her, the raising of hands saluting, it felt almost surreal.

Anakin spared her a look and a quick smile. “Hang in there, Ahsoka,” he said under his breath. He looked to the landing troopers and bit his bottom lip, hoping Captain Sohmer and General Lekhauf had not had to “handle” Sin too much. Something in his gut hardened and he knew immediately, it was vain to expect otherwise.

Catching sight of his smile, it warmed her. The corner of Ahsoka’s mouth lifted and gave a small nod to let him know that she’ll be okay. She did not want to let him down and bowed her head slightly, her hands clasped together behind her back. Her demeanour was not disrespectful though she felt uncomfortable to salute. This was a balance.

TAG: Captain Scyther Vectis and AllStars,Captain Sohmer, Cmmd. Merch, General Lekhauf, Colonel Sin, accompanying airborne troopers, Lt. Raechel Yaer, etc.

22. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    OOC: Yes, thank you yet again, C_O. Another post! I think I'm getting me sea legs back, argh!

IC: Se'Iva, Kaylee and Rowan

From where she lay hugging the floor Se'Iva reached out with both tremulous hands as the Outrider entered the cabin, too distracted to speak or pull herself up, so strong was the mind touch with which she struggled. Fingers catching hold of his garment, she pulled her self to him, but could not form words.

Kneeling down to her side, my arms pulled her on to my lap as my gaze darted about the cabin in search of a present danger. The room was clear and yet, I could definitely sense a strong and aggressive presence. My hand cupped her cheek as I spoke gently, "Se'Iva..." and caught my breath at her eyes, so wide and wild. I felt like I could see inside her. A strong invasive presence of the Cha'ala, a malicious writhing multitude surrounded us. It was like nothing I had experienced before. She could feel me. Her hands groped my arm. She could not train her eyes on me though.

For Se'Iva, fractured streaks of light shot across her vision and left their searing traces on her brain. She tried to speak, but could only strangle out a whimper. She must warn him, but thought beyond that was not only difficult but dangerous in exposing others to the consciousness that sought to take Se?Iva?s will.

"I am here." I whispered, trying to comfort her. I could feel that there was a battle going on inside, this vast presence assaulting her.

"CHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhh...." she rasp throatily, her long narrow tongue rising out of her mouth and flicking. It was not her death by her will they sought.

Collecting to my chest, I 'jumped' as she tried to speak. Closing my eyes, I touched her brow with mine. I reached for her presence and touched her mind. I gasped as I begun to understand the magnitude of what she was going through; the alien presence forcing their way into her mind, a swarm, their buzzing rising in intensity.... hurting. It had to stop, if they took over... Gulping, my thumb stroke her temple in a circle as I tried to convey to Se what I was attempting to do. Filtering my presence inside, I attempted to fill the blanks in her barriers, to give her strength and to push back them back. As I did so, the outside world fell away.

Se pushed her face to his neck straining to get away from the searching strands that filled her mind's ear to deafening degree. Her hands knotted in his tunic. She struck out with her feet to kick the wall. Feeling held together. That's what it was like. She could feel Rowan working to pull her fractured mind together, but all her resources were needed to fend off the intruders.

There was so many of them.... if this assault was from one individual or a handful, there would be ways to fend off them off efficiently, however this was different. It was as though an entire swarm was flinging itself against a shield with brute force.... it can break and kill. The source of them poured through the Force, a powerful meld. I could feel their resolve, they were going to keep coming and would not stop until she has been taken. 'Unless I take her first... cut off her presence to them. That direction is dangerous and painful on so many levels. To cause harm to myself to save others I can live with but to harm the ones I cherish to save others....

Her arms shot down hard and close at her sides as she struggled. I knew that Se'Iva was unable to keep them out much longer. Raising the inner core barriers of my mind, I coax for Se'Iva to come to me, my own very fixed and strong barriers which had stood for decades, had fallen to form such a strong bond with the Cha?ala. It had happened with little struggle, so naturally and I had begone to feel and see as I had not previously done, now for her sake I invoke them to rise again!

She slid her head back her cheek against his shoulder tilting her face upward to his and clasped at his mind touch just as now she clung to his material body.

I wrapped myself around her, using myself to shield her from the onslaught while I drawing her inside of me. The outer barriers of my mind filtered everything else out, allowing only Se passage. One last thing to do, the hardest of them all... I must not hesitate as it won't take long before they realise what is going on.

The sound crashing in on her seemed muffled suddenly, as if a door had been closed on it. Albeit, a thin one. She could feel them still, seeking, like an angry mob, searching for a way in and looking up in gratitude to Rowan she suddenly knew what it was he was steeling himself to do and she might have screamed if she could find her voice.

"Forgive me..." I whisper sadly, my own voice didn't register to my ears from the intensity of my focus, pushing as hard as possible to repel the invaders out. It worked for just a moment, all it took was a moment to sever Se'Iva from the Force.

"Aaaa!" Se, cried out. Her wings flexed against his embrace. They beat like the wings of a broken bird. She struggled and strained as it seemed some horrible night came over her awareness, a night cold and strange. She felt her "sight" going, the connection that had always been present, cut off. Her nerve endings felt raw.

“AAaaaaah...." she strangled again before losing her strength and her struggling ceased. Her flat strangled cry turning to a lose mournful moan. Her wings trembled and collapse, a shower of iridescent scales floating in the air and slowly falling in the now quiet to the floor all around them where they sat on the floor, her body lax and stretched out from his embrace across his lap, her legs awkwardly twisted after the throes of being severed from the Force.

The buzzing circulating at the edges of my barrier, the swarm searched, enraged and hunting. Carefully I receded back, I could feel Se'Iva but no longer inside of her. Closing the barriers down as I extract myself from her mind back to my own; making my presence 'smaller', watchful... After what felt like hours, the swarm eventually dispersed. Opening my eyes slowly, a wash of tears poured out. My hand cupping Se'Iva's brow shaking, my throat raw. Stroking her hair slowly as we sat on the floor. Dazed, my body shivered uncontrollably as I realise the deed I had just performed.

Cold and disoriented, she lay completely drained in the Jedi's arms. Her mind was so scattered, she could not make sense of her surroundings or what had just happened to her. So cold! She was too tired to draw her knees up or for that matter, to clasp her arm across her body for warmth. She opened her eyes and blinked tiredly. She could feel tenderness and concern, but she herself felt numb. Drugged almost. She tried to draw herself up. Se'Iva remembered the beautiful dried husks of those Cha who aged and worn out from a long and useful life standing or sitting, prone. They had died in the action of living. Was this what that felt like, she wondered.

I had stolen Se'Iva from the Force. The tears would not stop flowing. "Forgive me.... forgive me... forgive me..." I pressed my lips to her temple, my eyes squeezed shut. I knew I had hurt her terribly. I exhaled slowly to hold the shivering at bay and pulled back to see her face, my hand slid to her neck.

She remembered he who held her. "Rohhhhhhh..." she rasped weakly.

My heart leapt for a second before being brought down by a heavy pang. "I am here." I whispered hoarsely as I blinked back the moisture, my gaze wavered and I had to look away. "Se'Iva."

My arms slid under her and brought her legs close as I held her. I shakily rose to my feet as I lifted her up and carry her to the bed. Her temperature dropped, or was it mine? I could not tell. Sitting down, I pulled the covers around and over us for warmth and rocked back and forth gently.

She let herself slip gently into a deep slumber. Here and there were speckles showing of tiny beads of her blood where once again her wings had torn in her struggle, but over all, she was in fairly decent health if in shock.

I felt the deck rattle briefly and the optical stretch of the room caused by entering a hyperjump window. Shafts of shimmering blue light illuminated the room originating from the viewport, the serenity of hyperspace. I watched, my eyes unfocused as I felt her relax in my arms.

The door opened, followed by the soft patter of footsteps that trod carefully into the cabin. From her vantage point, Kaylee could see Rowan staring off out of the viewport with a bundle of blankets about him and his lap. “We have left the planet and are heading to the next known waypoint on our cour...” She paused and saw the sheen of wet streaks on his cheeks, she felt a sense of despair. “Rowan...” She called softly and climbed onto the bed from the end and sidled up behind him. “What happened?”

I flinched at the touch of her hands on my shoulders before easing back to her. “It-it is getting harder to breathe.”

Kaylee slowly started to peal back the linen ‘cocoon’ he had made around himself. “Describe what makes it harder...” she soothingly asked him, frowning to herself at the feel of solid weight under the quilt that did not fit in with Rowan’s form. She listened as he spoke.

“Se’Iva... I found her on the floor in pain. The Cha’ala were invading her mind... I had to act.”

Kaylee saw Rowan shifted and caught sight of his hand stroking something. There was the tone of guilt laced in his voice, she could tell something was terribly wrong. “What did you do?” Rising up, she placed her chin on his shoulder, her arms slipped under the blanket to bring around his abdomen but felt resistance from something pressing to him. Watching his hand, she froze at the sight of Se’Iva’s unconscious face.

“I tried to give her all my strength but they kept coming. It was unending! They were attacking her through the Force, if they can do that, then...”

Kaylee felt him winced as she withdrew her arms from him, she gave his back an assuring rub before sliding around and off the bed. Turning the side lamp on, she knelt down to inspect them both under a better light and encouraged Rowan to continue talking.

“I could not let them take her. I-I-I... I opened myself to her and... pulled her inside me and closed the barriers behind.”

There was a coolness at first to the Dominant’s skin but there was warmth under the surface and building to regular body temperature. There were cuts and other marks, bruising, whether it was from battling the elements or from now, she didn’t know. Checking her pulse, she counted to twenty seconds and multiplied the sum in her head, Se’Iva seemed stable but all of her knowledge was for human medicine, there was still a lot they did not know about the Cha’ala’s physiology and whether her medical knowledge and techniques were applicable.

“You placed yourself as a shield?” Kaylee directed him with her hands to lay Se’Iva on the bed. Her condition stable and in decent health, there was nothing more Kaylee could do for her at the moment until she could get her under a medical scanner for a thorough look. She turned her attentions to Rowan and lifted his shirt off, biting her bottom lip as she saw why it must be difficult for him to breath: large bruises were forming on his abdomen and chest. With a hand she pressed him to lay down on his back beside Se before gently prodding his ribs for signs of breakage. “Like a vault?”

“Yes, I held onto her to keep her safe. In doing so, I have... I have... hurt her deeply.”

Kaylee looked up to his eyes and saw a pained look cross his face. Her hand found his and squeezed lightly. “How... How did it hurt her?”

“Our minds were connected, I applied more force to push them out of her. I then turned around and broke the bond.. ou-her bond... with the Force.” He squeezed her hand back, she tried to not let it show that the pressure was too much for comfort.

“Nh... Is... is that possible to do that?” She gasped. All her time with Rowan and Kal, she had learnt and seen a lot of amazing things that came from the Force, but to sever ties to what brings life to the galaxy, the concept befuddled her.

“I stole her light!” Another pained look on his face, he eased his grip on her hand and she felt his lips kiss her knuckles. “They were angry... and left.”

“Rowan...” She knew he felt terrible for what he had done to Se’Iva, but by doing what he did, did he not save her and them all? It was like during the Corellian Campaign when he took Feye against her will and in doing so, saved her life from the Palace bombing. She knew he felt guilty for the death of Feye’s family, but it was the Sith at fault, not him. This focus on the negative and going heavy on himself was uncalled for. “You said they attacked her through the Force, that it was unending. Right? That would mean they would know where she is and can track her?” She saw him nod in acknowledgment, his glaze looked to her as though it was starting to click with him. “If they continued to track her, more would come and from what we have experienced, they won’t stop.” Kaylee got up off her knees to sit on the edge of the bed and then leaned over Rowan. “Se’Iva is alive. By cutting her off, they can not touch her anymore, take over her or track her?”

“To them, she would cease to exist... As though vanished.” I whispered. “They can not get to her now. It is possible they might give up searching and return back the way they came.”

“We have... finally...truly.. escaped from them.” Kaylee closed her eyes and sunk forward, such a weight was lifted. “For the moment anyway. We have to... get you and Se’Iva to... medbay.” She felt Rowan’s arms enfolding around her, “...then to Corellia.... and... and...” she gave in and lowered her head to his shoulder and sighed, her body ached to sleep. “We never seem to catch a break, do we? One minute... then we move.”

“One minute.”

“Promise?” She curled to his chest, careful not to put too much weight on him. “We have to...”

“I do.” I kissed her brow, my arms cuddled her. “And counting.”

“I love you.” She sighed.

“I love you too.”

TAG: TBC

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Captain Ewlla Iillor, Doctor Hno, Colonel Sin, Lieutenant R'chael Yaer, Captain Sohmer, Detective Lockley's apartment, and LAAT at ursean embassy, respectively

Ewlla could not wait. Waiting in the detective's apartment untiol the morning was not going to work for her; there was too much feeling over the Senate atrocity.

She called a taxi, and donned a white short-sleeved mini-dress and white thigh-boots that she had found in a separate part of Lockley's wardrobe, apparel that she could nhot see the policewoman wearing unless she were undercover as a prozzy.

A small smile flitted across Ewlla's face as she waited for the bread to toast. There was not much in the way of food here, and she was nuking the bread to take care of the mould that had just started to gain a foothold on one side.

She guessed that a working police officer would have no time to have a home-cooked, sit-down meal, but come on!

The slice popped out of the device, the Imperial commander grimacing as she gingerly pinched the hot food between thumb and forefinger, blowing on it before taking a bite.

Floating above the parked Low Altitude Assault Transport with his fellow jumptroopers, the black-armoured Hno observed the extravagant waiting preparations, and the band start to play the Imperial March, even while the LAAT sat silently.

Concentrating the Clawdite concentrated on his own lower legs, generating extra muscle mass and sinews to cope comfortably with his next action, and feathered his Hush-About jump pack, dropping fast to the landing pad surface between the flyer and the waiting Black Guard and dignitaries, dropping to one armoured knee, and splaying a palm on the ground to steady himself.
    He rose in a controlled way, ignoring any activity from the waiting security personnel, and approached the open bay doors.

Inside the flyer, his knees bumping against the side of Palpatine's black coffin, Colonel Sin looked on as General Lekhauf threw his jacket over the fully clothed lieutenant, but had to forego his confusion as Lekhauf suddenly got very close!

?I understand your personal code leaves little room for restraint, but you are?...you?re about to greet your superior who I?ll wager will not be giving your antics any quarter. Put your ego back in your codpiece, Mr. Sin and zip it up, Man, before you find yourself singing soprano! DO YOU UNDERSTAND??

"Sprakken si Basic?" Sin enquired innocently, belatedly realising that the other had the nose of a blaster nestled in his stomach. "You make a persuasive argument, General." He put his right arm over Lekhauf's shoulder, and pointed a finger at his 'dancing girl'. Such a shame. "Back to stewardess duty, my dear."

The marauder deliberately slid himself along the bench towards the open door, and emerged to stand next to the jumptrooper, turning to hold one of the lieutenant's hands as she delicately stepped down.

"Why thank you, Colonel." She stood aside and gazed into the hold, ignoring the jacket draped over the front of her tunic'd chest and shoulders. "Thank you for flying Oceanic Flight 121; please have your documents ready for the security checks."

The coffin began to slide out as Sin showed his left palm, and applied Force Pull, and inside, he could see Sohmer ducking down to follow the coffin out, rather than jump out the other side, and come round.

Tag: Any

24. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC:Captain Scyther Vectis & the AllStars

The wind was getting stronger on the platform, and Scyther's hair was now blowing all around her face making it sometimes difficult to see. She had to try to tuck her wayward strands behind her ear, but it was proving a wasted effort.

Lord Vader greeted Ensign Charios, who on recognising his name being called nodded his head in acknowledgment from the second line. He then greeted the two Urseans, Ivanov and Arazov, Ivanov responding with a respectful nod and Arazov responding with a "Thank you Your Excellency" in Ursean.

He then greeted the rest of the group, his deep and strong voice carrying well on the increasing wind that was blowing and kicking up a storm, no doubt Scyther thought there might be a little Force projection involved.

"Best we continue conversing …" Lord Vader continued pointing towards the Ursean Embassy itself "inside. I must... prevail upon you to wait upon me just a bit longer." And again he cupped his hand over his mouth to amplify his voice over the wind to say this next bit "The Emperor's remains!"

Oh no....thought Scyther. Finally the Emperor would be laid to rest, but unfortunately the squabbling over the prize of who would rule the Empire would finally begin. Bahari next to her was shaking and looking down, Scyther wanted to clasp his hand in reassurance, but she showed restraint. He had to deal with this himself, and eventually he would when these bouts of his panicky personality showed through.

Scyther saw out of the corner of her eye what was making the awful racket, it was the familiar shape of a LAAT gunship, so this was the chariot for the Emperor's remains.

"Captain Vectis," Lord Vader said "this is Commissar Ahsoka Tano. More on introductions afterward."

So the red skinned Jedi finally had a name, it wasn't one Scyther remembered a lot about, but she had heard rumours of this Jedi serving in the Clone Wars. Perhaps Terric and her had met someplace during the war and had served during the war, perhaps all would be revealed later on. She would introduce her group later on when it was quieter. She gave the alien another of her smiles and her brown eyes studied the alien closely.

Meanwhile Terric's thoughts were tumbling around like a washing machine on spin cycle. Commissar, what the… had she gone dark like Lord Vader, turned her back on her Jedi comrades? Unlikely, but what was she doing here at the Ursean Embassy with Lord Vader? Probably keeping an eye on things, but it seemed odd to Terric that a Jedi was now hanging around with a dark side Force user. He didn't hold it against her if she didn't remember him; it had been years after all since they had fought together.

The honour guard, which included guards and troopers along with a band, came to attention as the doors of the gunship opened. Scyther took a deep breath, time for officers to salute their deceased master and ruler of the Empire, even if some of her officers disliked him, they had the decency to at least lay Palpatine to rest.

The band struck up the familiar tune of the Imperial March, a rousing anthem that was a symbolism of what the Empire stood for, peace, justice, order and the protection of its citizen?s.

"Vectis AllStars" Scyther commanded, making sure her voice was heard over the wind and the music "Right....turn!"

The Captain's Lieutenant's Ensign and Commander all turned right with military precision and now faced the compliment of the honour guard and the repulsor pallet that would take the Emperor's remains away.

"Vectis AllStars" Scyther once again commanded, took a deep breath and belted out "ATTENTION!"

The group all snapped to attention like elastic and saluted. As the coffin was brought out, two of the junior Lieutenants, Morelli from Danger Zone and Grayson from Unstoppable were looking down, unable to bear seeing their ruler's coffin coming out. Bahari was shaking even more, Madison gasped, and Arazov unfortunately because of his small frame had to heave himself a little higher over Madison’s head to see what was going on.

Scyther didn’t care if anyone saw this; she reached out behind her and took Bahari’s free hand, clasping it in her own. His hand has cold as ice, but his shaking seemed to subside a little.

The senior Lieutenants were holding strong as was Commander Cutter, Ensign Charios was mouthing something in Kuati, probably either a good will gesture of a prayer Scyther guessed.

And so a new age of the Empire begins, thought Scyther the CIS have been defeated and a new battle will rage against the Rebels and new foes. What worries me most is the fight for the Emperor’s position. Lord Vader may claim it, but there will be factions that disagree. We must remain strong and steadfast, and the AllStars must not be dragged down into a personal battle. We must do our duty, to protect the citizens of the Empire.

And Scyther was sure they would do it.....or die trying.

TAG: Lord Vader, Ahsoka Tano

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han Solo
    Day Room, Ursean Embassy, Coruscant

Little by little, his senses began to return. It started with images in his mind that consisted of bright, exuberant color and shapes. There was no real meaning behind the patterns and the closest comparison that he could manage was how your mind perceives different kinds of imagery while listening to music. He knew there had been no music playing to stimulate those senses, but something was there - voices, maybe? Many voices, actually, all speaking quietly amongst themselves until they all faded away except for one. And this one voice, it was very close, very comforting...very familiar...

Han wanted to open his eyes and meet the face that belonged to that voice, but a gentle touch upon his cheek stopped him. Instead, he winced with a wave of pain and discomfort that radiated from that spot. He knew it wasn't from the gentle caress, but rather, the bruise that was no doubt forming - a reminder of his recent scrape with one of Shrike's goons and how close to death he had actually been. He didn't remember much, only that he had been flung across the alleyway and then there had been nothing but darkness. It was a darkness he had been certain he wouldn't be waking up from.

But then, that begged the question - where was he now?

A wave of panic overtook the sense of calm that he had been experiencing and he squirmed a bit when whoever had touched his cheek then reached down to caress his hand and place something within his grip. He instinctively clenched down on the object and was surprised when he found that it was soft and silky...hardly the make-up of something that was intended to hurt him. Perhaps his fears were unwarranted and whoever was there actually wanted to help.

With a quick flutter, Han finally willed his eyes to open - or, tried to. It was hard with one eye swollen half shut by a bruise. But once he managed to focus, his gaze instantly fell on the object in his hand and discovered a flower pedal. That was odd. Furrowing his brow in curiosity, Han then followed the length of the bed with his gaze until it fell on the figure hovering nearby. With her dark tresses and plush dress reflecting the golden light of the sun, she almost appeared angelic and for a brief moment, he actually thought that he had died, but the return of the relentless pounding in his head told him otherwise. He was very much alive and he was facing--

"S-sophia?" he croaked out in a weak voice. He attempted to swallow and lick his lips, but he found that he was too dry. The action only proved to aggravate his throat more and he fell into a brief coughing spell that brought tears to his eyes and made his head pound all the more.

"Ugh--y-you got any water around here?" he managed after a moment, reaching up to grab at his aching head. It was only in this vulnerable position that he took note of his surroundings beyond Sophia for the first time. The room was fairly dark and cozy with the only natural light streaming in through the floor-to-ceiling window located on the far end. The furnishings were rather exquisite, which made Han believe that he was back at the Embassy and away from the harsh elements of Coruscant's underworld.

That brought on a sigh of relief and he tried to relax as he pressed back against the pillows a bit. Too bad his throbbing head was preventing him from fully enjoying the moment.

"How 'bout another round of pain meds?" he added on after a moment, closing his eyes once more. "I-I feel like I was run over by a herd of angry Grondas."

TAG: Sophia, Artoo, anyone else in the room

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.