main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The Game Masters Guild

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by PRENNTACULAR, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Me? I killed something?

2. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    No, Arclite killed the thread. Keep up.

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    No, the Fire Mage player Arclite was telling us about, killed both his own game and this thread. Without even being here.

Keep up.

4. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    My thread up-keep keeps me from keeping up.

This is the kind of stuff that keeps me up at night.

Fire Mages should be banished to the coldest layer of hell where their fire cannot possibly penetrate the icy crags ruled by Levistus himself.

5. Arclite

Arclite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2006
    HA HA! Victory!

Finally, a spell that absorbs magic missile!

Night Shield! Along with a couple of others like Anti-force Field and Dual Ward!

Thanks spell compendium!

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I like to think that the David Lister (ed Dwarf) for dealing with Killer Androids could be used for for errant Fire Mages too.

"A swift knee in the 'appy sacs and he'll go down like any other mammal."

:D

7. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    I bring good tidings of Game Mastery my fellows!

*points to icon and title*

8. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    I must admit that upon sight of your colors, my first reaction was (and I quote):
    Zedd is a GM?

So, dispense GM wisdom?

9. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Ouch LightWarden, ouch. :p

As for wisdom, that's greyjedi125's area. I said I brought good tidings, not good wisdom.

But, for a snippet of wisdom the best I can come up with is:

But don't we need a topic for me to dispense wisdom upon? For any other wisdom, I have some listed in my profile.

And for my current games (which are still welcoming players), I plug these links for all to observe!

.hack//Judgment
    Honor & Glory

10. thetree

thetree Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2007
    does anybody know how to find a gamemaster in new york city?

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Know how to, NO.

Suggest how to, yeah. Follow this link to the New York City FanForce, and do a topic asking if any of them are games masters. That will at least target the right geographical region.

http://boards.theforce.net/new_york_city_ny/b10103/p1

12. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    May i join please.:)

13. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Evening, all ... I apologise for not joining any sooner, but I didn't bother to go and read page 2 of the RPR. Anyway, I've chucked references to this august body into my bio, so here I am.

I believe the last topic of conversation was Penguinator-176's games, but it seems to have petered out and the next slated item was GM Caseload. I vote that we move onto this topic?

14. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    So, I felt it only polite to wait with joining until I was meant to GM actually on this boards . . . but only days away from my debut on english I decided I would love to join.

Corresponding with the topic of the Game-Designer Guild I wondered (I really did), what a GM can do to provide an interesting approach on the well known, slightly overplayed idea of a conflict between Jedi and Sith.

Is it dead, really? Or just good for historic games like 128ABY and GAW? I wonder, really.

Or is it the way they are presented. Can´t be something done regarding this "genre"? I mean, bringing a fresh director to a movie-series has done miracles sometimes. Why not the same with GMs?

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    You need the silly idea brigade to step up to the plate.

I'm thinking Nifesta, my Sith-eating Force vampire.

The Sith start to notice that some is making persistent efforts to maintain this "only two there are" deal, and a lot of their peers have simply, disappeared.

Players rp as the Sith who follow up on their colleague's disappearance, in order to find out what is happening.

I'm afraid you'll have to work out where the jedi come into this.

Sithy

16. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, I guess the creativity-center is needed to work on it. And, of course, the ground for all creativity . . . limitations. My approach on a Jedi vs. Sith game would be. Have a game with Jedi, have fun, have space-battles and intruigue and probably a bit of the creep-factor about the Sith, but . . . rule-of-two. Except all they said, the Jedi who really worked were rule-of-two. Even KOTOR was after all a rule-of-two game. The army of Sith was there for the action-element of the game, but the story was ONLY about the Master and his apprentice . . .

Rule-of-two makes players of Sith use their head again. Rule-of-two makes them more interesting. Rule-of-two forces them to cooperate, for one is the master, one the apprentice, but only work as a team.

AND rule-of-two makes Jedi heros again. Because even if their is a frightening tendency for players to play invincible genocidal over-powers (as Saintheart once said, that is like playing Hitler . . . scares me) this game is only working if you got likable chars . . . otherwise Jedi vs. Sith is usually the "god-mod" or "almost godmod" arena for "power-players".

My ideas about it . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.