main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The Gamers Gaming Thread About the Games they're Playing

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by -luigi-, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -luigi-

-luigi- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    So who's using what system and what games are you playing at the moment?

I just got Red Dead Revolver for the XBox and it's friggen amazing! It's like being in a really dark western, the graphics are sweet and the music is amazing.
    Best game I've played in ages.

2. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    That's all I needed to confirm that particualr purchase.

I'm playing Driver 3 and have just finished Spiderman 2 (both on XBox). Both very cool games with huge cities to drive or swing through. Driver 3 has awesome music too because it's mine! You can play your own music that's saved to the Xbox.

I'm also considering getting Thief 3. It looks (and apparently is) really good.

3. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    I keep meaning to check out Thief 3.
    Spiderman 2 is such an improvement on the first one, sure the graphics aren't the best but considering you can see the whole of New York at one time and jump off the tallest building it's pretty darn good!
    I also picked up Full Spectrum Warrior but I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

4. Imperialtrooper

Imperialtrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    Unreal Tournament online. the original and still the best. Pc.

5. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Yes... swan diving off the Empire State and hitting the ground full pelt is fun.

Full Spectrum looks good... let me know if it's worth it.

...and don't bother with Shadow Ops: Red Mercury. Sure, it promises to be great but I've played Atari games that have kept me more enthralled.

6. Noelle-D

Noelle-D Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2004
    PC. Thief: Deadly Shadows.
    Playing as Garrett, a man worth 20 ninjas, robbing your way through Cathedrals, Mansions, Orphanages (Yes, but it's perhaps the best level of any game I've ever played) and various drunk-guard populated backalleys. The lighting is amazing, with everything rendered in real-time for some hair-raising shadow-hugging escapes. Then there's the dialogue... as your opponents stumble around in the dark trying to find you, they talk. And when they're drunk, it's even better. Classic lines such as "Who's, who is.. who.. who! Hoo! I'm an owl!" and "Ooh, could have been a ghost. Imagine if I saw a ghost, would really make this shift interesting..." *bangs into a chair and makes noise* "Eaagh! A Ghost!" *drops sword and runs*.

Tormenting the naive AI is sometimes more fun then the actual mission :D. Especially when in the last quarter of the game, the city streets (between missions) go Raging McNutso as the City Watch try to calm a religious family feud between factions.

I bough T:DS about two months ago... still playing it multiple times through a week. Definite replay value.

7. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Is that Unreal Tournament 2004? I know of lots of people who play it, to me it looks a bit like Tribes. Tribes: Vengance (Tribes 3) is coming out soon and I'll be playing that one for sure.

All of my gaming is on PC btw.

I'm still playing Day of Defeat (WW2 Half-Life Mod), Battlefield 1942 (and its Mod Desert Combat). I have been playing Battlefield Vietnam for a few months as well, and love it too.

8. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    All of my gaming is on PC btw.

Likewise. Right now I'm replaying Knights of the Old Republic, but when I get my new video card in a week or so (love that birthday money) it'll be UT2K4 with my brothers over my home network. :D Hooo yeah.

9. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Not playing anything at the moment - but I've been eyeing up getting Hitman: Contracts and the Ghost Recon add-ons for some time.

10. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Im playing Battlefield 1942 on my computer because there's nothing else to play. Hopefully im goning to get KOTOR and maybe Star Wars: Galaxies (How good does Jump to Lightspeed look? :D ).

11. Imperialtrooper

Imperialtrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    "Is that Unreal Tournament 2004?"

No I'm still playing the original - Unreal game of the year edition. There are not that many people on the servers these days, but the "old timers' that have tried the latest keep coming back to the original. Though they do say the new one looks great!

12. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    As I am a recent xbox purchasee I have had the pleasure of playing, in order, Prince of Persia (awesome) and Project Gotham 2 (less awesome but still cool). Current game is Halo, and it's awesomely awesome.

13. Noelle-D

Noelle-D Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2004
    It took me seven months to play Halo online :D. I just didn't connect the dots between having Halo and Cable internet. I plead insanity.

14. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    I dont see what's so good about halo!. It's just a mindless shoot 'em up!.

15. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    What?! Have you played it? and if so for how long?

16. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Shooters make me dizzy...

I like certain sports and good driving games.

Currently playing Smash Court Tennis 2(PS2), IMO the best tennis sim on any console. Top Spin on Xbox, comes close, with it's superior graphics, 'create-a-player' feature, and clay-court dynamics, but overall, Smash Court(2)'s accuracy and depth in gameplay wins me over.(And plus my love Justine is in it [face_love] )

I'm quite keen to check out, Need-for-Speed: Underground 2 when it's out.
    If it captures any of the feel from the original, then it should be a ripper.

17. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    I've played Halo for over a month now. I finished it a couple of days. The game was average.

18. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    If it took you a couple of days to finish, why did you play it for over a month?

19. Noelle-D

Noelle-D Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2004
    Halo is Halo... it's just, Halo! Watch Red vs Blue, go to a lan party or something... Playing single player on easy isn't the whole experience, it's just anger management.

20. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Red vs Blue is well over 40 episodes now, apparently it is awesome.

Might have to have a look at it some day.

21. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    linky linky?

22. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
  23. Noelle-D

Noelle-D Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2004
    My favourite Episode is No. 22, with Sarge's rant about what he drinks during the closing credits :D.

24. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I've just started Zelda: Majora's Mask (the GC promo disc version), a brilliant game that for some reason I never played during its original run.

I'm also busy earning medals in Rebel Strike (which, by the way, is actually really good... if you can overlook the downright embarassing on-foot levels) with a little co-operative Rogue Leader on the side.

Someday soon I'll blow the dust off some old favourites on the PC: Monkey Island 2, Discworld Noir, Day of the Tentacle or Sam & Max. Insert snappy fanboy insight into LucasArts losing their way here.

25. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Insert snappy fanboy insight into LucasArts losing their way here.

Insert further comments of that nature here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.