main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Golden Age Cafe

Discussion in 'Community' started by Son of Kenobi, Sep 17, 2000.

1. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Hey Kyle and Kate. Good to see you two. Life's been great but busy.

2. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    Man! YTAP, I remember your return was the biggest deal on here back in the day. Exciting times, especially since I didn't know who you were. It was like being told Brad Pitt was coming back to the JC after a couple years overseas.
    _jOBO

3. The Irish Jedi

The Irish Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 17, 1998
    He actually is Brad Pitt. You can practically smell the Angelina Jolie and bong hits waft from his posts.

4. MON CAL WARRIOR

MON CAL WARRIOR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 1998
    Oh, the memories.

5. V8ER_H8ER

V8ER_H8ER Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 1998
    Seeing all these familiar names brings a tear to my eye. Well, no, not really. I do miss the HoJo Knights though!

6. clerk

clerk Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 2, 1998
    Anyone out there in JCLand that I know? I just felt the need for a nostalgia kick.

7. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I'm still here.

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Yes! Comeback again when the baseball season starts.:p

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:

9. V8ER_H8ER

V8ER_H8ER Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 1998
    Dropping in to say hi.

10. Hathor

Hathor Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 28, 1998
    Hi Clerk!

11. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    This place still exists. Who would've thought?

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Well, well, well... look what dragged the cat in. :p

Hello, gorgeous!

13. saerah

May 13, 1999
    My memory is failing me at my old age, but don't we dislike each other?
    Oh well. :) Howdy, MyKe.

14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Holy ****, saerah! Great to see/hear from you.:)

Viva Los Angeles![face_flag]

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh, we got along fine after we PMed and had Critter do peer mediation and I stopped posting abortion pics and vivisection vids and calling you unflattering names. The last 2 conversations we had were very pleasant. "Chinese whispers", remember?

Anyhow... all it took was being banned for 6 years, finding Jesus, getting married, constant community activism, and seeing a real life jackalope to set me straight. I'm a much nicer guy these days.

Although, the jackalope bit, is, alas, untrue. :(

It's nice to see your old behind back here. The young-uns are ok, but it's cool to see oldheads pop in.

16. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  17. saerah

May 13, 1999
    Oh C'mon. I would've liked to have seen what Eeth posted. I haven't reached my RDA of Vitamin Sarcasm today yet.

Hello, Tunick :) Don't you get a bit bored with this place from time to time?

MyKe, I'm glad that you're doing well. I remember some things, but not all. Perhaps that is for the best. However, I think I've aged well. I still look the same as I did six years ago.

[image=http://net.videohealthy.com/480xn5VtShUGr.jpg]

(I do have a sense of humor in my old age.)

18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Occasionally, sure. But, I'm here basically every day because I really enjoy this place, more so than in year's past. It's a great/special part of my life.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Good Lord... you remember the Ms. Swan joke? That's awesome.

Glad you're doing well. Do you still live in the middle of nowhere?

20. saerah

May 13, 1999
    Who could forget the Mrs. Swan joke? No, no longer living in the middle of nowhere. I've been back in Florida for almost six years. Starting back to school this Fall. :) Life has been good! And I get to see this everyday:

[image=http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6025/6009687833_86b91d3e47.jpg]

Tunick, what would you do if this place ceased to exist? ;)

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm really glad to hear that. What's your major?

I'm in Philly, full time. Still illustrating funny books. Married for 4 years, now. Today, I invited 2 homeless men to lunch with me. I bought them new shoes and took them to the movies. I'm either extremely lonely or you can see my altruism has reached new levels. :p

Nice view if you're that close to the beach. I couldn't stand to not live near urban blight. Rowhomes, corner stores, and 24/7 siren ambience are in my veins.

22. saerah

May 13, 1999
    You took two homeless men to lunch with you? Is that safe? I'm all for altruism.. but also for safety. Or perhaps I've become cynical as I've gotten older. (Or less empathetic.)

My major: Psychology. I haven't been in a classroom in seven years. I'm quite afraid that all of the kids fresh from high school are going to be smarter, faster, etc. and so on, so forth.

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

That's a hell of a great view there, saerah. I hope to own (or rent) a place one day here in La La Land, a place with a view of either the Valley or the L.A. basin. If this place ceased to exist, I can still remain in contact with those who have access to my Facebook account. I would also then have more time for other interests of mine.:p

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Lin, I meant to say I invited homeless men to lunch with me... not post-apocolyptic zombies. :p

I interact with the homeless, downtown, quite a bit, and I do agree that some of them have been so beaten up by their circumstances that they aren't really cognizant or rational, anymore, but most are insightful, amazing people who have plenty to say, but nobody offers them the basic dignity of listening. The 2 guys I hung out with yesterday, Alfonso and Byron, are both keeping themselves groomed and are shopping their resumes. It was just oppressively humid yesterday, so I got them off the street for a few hours. God bless my wife for having sort of the same outlook as me, because I randomly invite homeless people out to dinner with us quite a bit. Hope she never needs those meals for us "to talk". [face_laugh]

25. starwarsfreak_17

starwarsfreak_17 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 15, 2000
    Looks like every 4 years I seem to pop in here and post a reply....

... guess I had better keep up the tradition eh? :p

it still scares me looking back at the old posts I have made. Like a time machine to a more naive me, lol.

But hey guys! o/

PS: Dear future me, hope you are well. Sitting here at work right now [at the Austin] looking at old posts instead of working. Oh, got engaged last week! Good luck with the wedding and marriage! kthxbai!