main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 'Guests of CE' thread

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by DewbackRider88, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    the third greatest star wars artist IN THE GALAXY is appearing at CE and never ever charges for autos.
    yes,it's dave dorman i speak of.
    say his name in hushed tones...
    dave dorman,the third greatest star wars artist IN THE GALAXY...
    he's got sme great giveaway prints to sign,and give away... free!

2. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    Anthony Danials - C-3PO has been added!!

3. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    mark hamill...

4. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Aye, TFN is reporting it now ...

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Mark_Hamill_At_Celebration_Europe_107239.asp

But is that Mark's official website? It looks more like a fansite to me! I want it so much to be true, I just need to see it on TOS, then I can post a big thanks to someone on these forums who told me about it so long ago! That they were right!

5. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    This is getting better and better every day!!!! Any chance of Carrie turning up d'ya think?

6. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Mark, Carrie and Billy Dee share the same agent, a bloke called Derek. It's quite possible. And with those three being there, don't you think good old Harry will feel a little lonely doing his Indy shoot, as George and Steven abandon him to come say "hi" at CE. Tis the 30th Anniversary of ANH, so anything can happen. And hopefully will :D

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Y'all are so blasted lucky!!!

Those of us who attended Celebration IV in Los Angeles got the definite B-List compared to the CE line-up so far.

C'mon Powerball Lotto Numbers.... Daddy wants to go to CE!!!!

8. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Aye, I've been checking the CIV forum with a little concern, people are getting very upset over there about this. It's making it awkward for UK/European fans to be able to celebrate openly when others lost out. However, I think there needs to be some perspective on the whole US vs UK/Europe situation - for every one Celebration we are having, you have had four. That's a huge thing, and for UK fans to fly to America to see any of the previous Celebrations is a sheer fan determination on a scale most can't do. America is not hard done to when it comes to official SW events, UK/Europe get very little. It's just convenient that the UK is a second home to the SW crew, a lot of the filming took place here for the film that has reached it's 30th Anniversary, and also conveniently (though no guarantee) - some of the big people involved are nearby filming.

We are extremely lucky and privileged when it comes to any one of the stars attending here, and I won't tolerate UK/Europe people rubbing it in the face of people who could only attend CIV, but nor will I appreciate people trying to ruin it (this is not aimed at you btw) for the UK and European fans who waited a hell of a long time for the official recognition that Celebration Europe is bringing here.

9. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Well said, Tim! I am sure the majority of fans won't be that bitter about it but there are always the few! :(

10. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Tim, Mark Hamill should be true - they have it on sw.com...

Look here

It's great!

11. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    £85 GBP (125 Euros $170 US) for Mark's autograph! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: [face_sick]

12. Kabe_the_chadra-fan

Kabe_the_chadra-fan Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    Yay, I'm really thrilled that Mark is coming, that's just too great!! [face_dancing]

..but 85£( 125 Euros !!!) for an autograph that's just way over the top, IMHO :eek:

13. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I had considered the possibility of a Hamill autograph for a friend's birthday in 2 weeks, but even though I like that person A LOT, it's still not enough to pay 125? for a few barely readable scribbles :p

great to know he'll be there, though. I'm not an autograph person anyway.

14. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    It is expensive, but he always commands a top dollar price tag (although apparantly his wife tells him to charge that amount, lol). I think it's worth it as he rarely does shows and the chances of him doing another show in the UK/Europe are slim. This signature is worth £85 easily and will retain value very well. I bet after CE, several MH autographs go on ebay and sell for a three figure sum quite comfortably.

EDIT: I'm not encouraging people to flog it on ebay :p I'm just highlighting it's better to spend £85 on it and get it signed in person then pay £100+ on ebay.

15. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Well for £85 he better take a photo with me too! [face_laugh]

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It will be good to see him but I doubt I will get an autograph. (Not at that price!)

17. Qui-Ton-Set

Qui-Ton-Set Jedi Master star 2

May 7, 2006
    Well I know that my Son, Luke will spontaneously combust when he learns that he could be meeting his all-time hero. Mark Hamill's autograph? £85. My boy meeting Luke Skywalker...priceless!

18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If I'm going to spend £85 I'd rather do it in the vendor area. I'll have more to show for it!

19. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Fantastic news! I head out this morning to Liverpool with just the rumours flying around, and what do we get - an early (US-wise) morning SW.com update lol!!!

Glad that CE is getting him, he loves England (his son was born here and has dual passports), and it's one of the reasons this could be a brilliant for first Celebration in Europe.

Price wise - it's what I paid at Empire FanFest, New Jersey, a few years back - but there was more offered than just an auto tbh. We got a talk, a signed SW pic and a photo printed out (A4 size) ... as in this one - [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/tim_and_mark_hamill.jpg]. He chatted to me as he personalised the SW pic, was very humbling. He's a great bloke, and if you can afford it, do it - the man is a legend to any SW fan.

Not sure I'll do another one, but I'll be there to hopefully see him go on stage.

Kudos to the Markhamill.com website that broke the news, I was wary because it's a fan site but looks like they are totally legit as the "official" Mark Hamill fanclub :cool: :D

And huge kudos to Lord Tice for being right (as per usual) - if he tells you something, trust him. I know I do :cool: :D

20. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    £85 is a lot (more so when you're a student lol) but when will I get the chance to meet Mark Hamill again?

Meditate on this, I will [face_thinking]

21. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Well said, Tim! I am sure the majority of fans won't be that bitter about it but there are always the few!

Don't know if bitter is the best taste to represent what you are talking about, perhaps "sour" would be better, as in "sour grapes"!

I have been blessed enough to go to all four celebrations here in the United States. I loved every minute of each one of them, they really were a Star Wars fans wet dream come true. As I posted in the CIV forum: "It just isn't fair!" as to continue into "Biggs is right I am never getting out of here..." Well life isn't fair! Grow up! I tip my hat to those of you that are able to attend CE and can say I am green with envy. However there is no ill will on my part. I wish you the best and hope the convention goes of with out a hitch, I know that there is alot of "stuff" happening in that area right now in the news. Never worry about rubbing anything in the face of another Star Wars fan! Hell look at Steve Sansweet, he gets paid to pretty much say "Look at what I got"!

22. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Personally, I'm thrilled for the Europeans who finally have something to get excited about! The EU fans get shafted on everything from US exclusive collectibles, to conventions, to special events, you name it! I say enjoy Mark and Ian, etc coming to CE and have a blast!

BTW, I have to back Tim up on meeting Mark Hamill. I was part of the staff that ran Empire FanFest, and I have to agree when Tim says that meeting Mark was a rather humbling experience. He was at our show on the Sunday, and by that point I was at the point of sheer exhaustion from running around all weekend (I was in charge of hospitality for the guests). Well, I can tell you that meeting him was indeed an amazing experience. I mean come on, this was the guy I was going to marry when I was 8 years old! I got the opportunity to sit with him in the hospitality suite before he gave his talk. We talked about how we both liked the HBO series "Deadwood" among other things LOL. Then he looked at me and said "so...I heard I got married and had a kid...what is his name?" I laughed and said "Well, you named him Ben" and he thought about it for a second, then said "oh...well I suppose that makes sense".

LMAO priceless.

23. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Thanks Bruno, appreciate that. I was at CIII and there was such a buzz at that place, despite the queues lol. I think the whole of Europe has that buzz now which is amazing, we have never had this before and it'll be a year to be remembered. I have treasured memories from going to Empire Fanfest in New Jersey where Mark was a huge hit, he was a lovely bloke, we got a talk from him and a chat with him. It's a shame the fans going to CE won't get a similar deal (for about same price as his autograph at CE too) but he's going to be there and that'll make CE feel more like ANH's anniversary celebration now.

Edit: Aye, Meri is one of the best, I always look up to the hard work she and Christina did at EFF, and when I was RSA of FF-UK I hope I did a little of what they achieved for FF NYC :D :cool: Go Meri!

24. Darth_Sidious-

Darth_Sidious- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Wow, you guys are lucky. Next thing you know, Lucas will be there...

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    There is a rumor... (see the 'Just a Rumor' thread on this board).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.