main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jaina Solo Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Rebecca191, Apr 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    lol...I said Jag and Tenel Ka JediJSolo . Not Tenel Ka and Kyp! Kyp I put with Danni. :)

2. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Kyp and anyone you have mentioned would be scary because of the age difference. Maybe Kyp and Tamith Kai (the Dothomiri in the Jedi Academy Trilogy).

3. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Just thought of a better one:

Kyp and Vima Da Boda :D

4. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    I know, I know- Kyp and the Grim Reaper!!!
    :D

J/k, I don't really have anything against Kyp, he just really gets on my nerves.

5. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Vima-de-Boma? Oh come on, Kyp isn't as bad as Corran "It's a she, I lust" Horn! :)

Honestly, if anymore romances occur in the NJO, besides the Solo youngin's, the series will closely resemble a soap opera.

Not if they are well written. I need to see some good romance, to PURGE the memory of the last one I read...

Luke and mara in vision of the future. "We're going to die, and I've never really shown my feelings for you, but I feel you in the force and a ship captain says we work well together! MARRY ME!"

:)

6. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    ROTFLOL

[face_laugh]

Yeah, that was one of the shortest Star Wars courtships EVER...

7. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    LOL, well at least there's no flirting going on.

8. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    Yeah, we just do it behind your back.
    8-}

Can I propose something? Well, I'm going to anyway. Since Rebecca started this thread, I think it's only appropriate that she post the last post here.

What do you guys think?

9. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Does that mean I get post 9999 or post 10,000 or whatever?

Yay!

10. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    that'd be near impossible to organise, but I wont post a thing near to the time :)

11. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I think that Kyp, like Jag, needs a strong woman, someone who could beat him into submission sometimes. He's not going to respect any woman who isn't very dominant herself. She has to be able to kick his butt just to instill a little fear in him so he doesn't try to pull a fast one on her. Even though they'd probably fight a lot it would probably work out where both parties would have a mutual respect. Of course, she couldn't be an uber character or else she'd be too moral and couldn't cope with all his flaws and his past. She has to have a past of her own, maybe. Perhaps a chip on her shoulder.

What ever happened to Fen Nabon? :p

Also, does anybody REALLY believe that Kyp would work out with someone who wasn't force sensitive? I mean, Jaina has that piloting thing in common with Jag but what does Kyp do besides be a jedi master? Maybe he likes to quilt in his spare time! ;)

Jae Angel

12. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Dec 6, 2001
    Well, you could start a countdown in your post to let people know that...THE END IS NEAR!! Muuuwaaaaahhh!

Sorry. I'm in a weird mood today, I guess. :D

<sings> "111 more posts for the thread, 111 more posts..."

13. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    I wish Fen would make an appearance. She was something else.

14. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah, she sure was. :)

Jae Angel

15. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Wont happen though. I keep getting this sickening worrying feeling that the NJO will finish with Jacen suddenly in the right about the force and with Tenel Ka, Jaina back on the good side and with Jag, Anakin dead but with a death that saved the Galaxy, Luke still leading the Jedi...

Oh, and those other characters? You know, the ones unrelated to the Solos or Skywalkers? Well, they're unimportant, not being in the right family and all.

Suddenly, Wedge hopes Jag marries Jaina, and Lando hopes for a Daughter to marry off with Ben :)

16. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    LOL about Lando hoping for a daughter to marry Ben.

As for Kyp? I don't think he likes to quilt in his spare time. His REAL passion is watching soap operas.

:p

17. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Dec 6, 2001
    ReaperFett: "Oh, and those other characters? You know, the ones unrelated to the Solos or Skywalkers? Well, they're unimportant, not being in the right family and all."

Hey, they're plenty important! After all, we still need to have more "shocking deaths" for the NJO to continue being "dark and scary" so it'll sell.

j/k :)

18. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    I can see Kyp with a non-Jedi easily as long as she is exceptionally smart and can do some things he can't and knows some things he doesn't. And, yes he's a Jedi. But he can't know and do everything. ;) She'd need to be tough, very true. But I don't think her being a Jedi is a big deal. I think it would be sweet if she wasn't.

Jedi-Jedi coupledom bores the living daylights out of me!!! I hate it! Ick. [face_plain]

But I know how passionate you are about Jedi NJ, so it is only natural you think Kyp is only suited to one. :)

19. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    I can see Kyp with a non-Jedi easily as long as she is exceptionally smart

Fenig, Danni :)

and can do some things he can't and knows some things he doesn't

Fennig, Danni :)

She'd need to be tough, very true

Fenig :)

Jedi-Jedi coupledom bores the living daylights out of me!!! I hate it! Ick

Better than Jedi-Uberboy ;)

But I know how passionate you are about Jedi NJ

No comment :)

20. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    *shakes head* RF...how can you pick on Jag as an uber-boy when a Jedi is the elite among the elite? TK, mind tricks, impossible acrobatics, visions...it's a very wide scope of uber-powers friend. ;)

Jag is a great pilot, that's about it. I just don't think you have a leg to stand on here. :)

21. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, not just that but I think somewhere in the NJO it describes him as being an elitist. Something about him not liking aliens. Of course it was from the POV of Jacen or Mara so it might not be true, but if Kyp really is an elitist then he's bound to need someone who matches his standards.

Also, how many jedi-jedi relationships do we really have? I mean, there's Luke and Mara, Kam and Tionne, I don't count Tenel Ka and Jacen because they really haven't explored that. Anakin and Tahiri are over cuz he's dead. Han's non-jedi. Mirax is non-jedi. Jag is non-jedi. Maybe the reason why in the TOTJ era there were a lot of jedi together was because they basically lived together. Those you live with are the ones that you get close to, most of the time. It certainly didn't hurt that my current boyfriend and I had to spend one month living down the hall from one another when we first met.

So, I don't see an overabundance of jedi being with jedi. Maybe just the Luke/Mara super couple did you in, Frey. ;)

But other than that I agree with you, Frey. Kyp does need a woman who is intelligent and better than him at some things. This woman could be Danni Quee, a scientist who is smarter than Kyp, or it could be some other woman who was still smart but could best him in another way. I'm sick of uber pilots so lets just say she's good with hand-to-hand combat or a lightsaber and could kick his butt. That would surely get his attention. I just think that a woman who was a non-jedi would have to be pretty uber to impress Kyp Durron. I can't stand uber-ness! If she was a jedi she could just be good at one jedi thing and then just be a normal strong-willed woman.

Of course, this is all hypothetical because, as RF said, they'll never delve into anybody's romantic lives except those Solo kids, and everyone else is expendable. So Kyp will surely die before the NJO is up, maybe taking Danni Quee with him! ;)

Jae Angel

22. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Lets see, Jag is a great pilot, better than even a JEDI pilot who had extensive training (this I always found hard to believe), but he's also the son of a Baron, has manners (the whole gentleman thing), knows how to dress. He's some people's idea of the perfect man but he's my idea of more boring than my thermo class! Also, I prefer guys that aren't so submissive and won't take crap from me if I chew them out. Jag took way too much from Jaina in DJ. Any self-respecting guy wouldn't stand for it, or at least wouldn't come back for more. Maybe that's why I'm having a hard time believing that a strong woman like Jaina would have feelings for him.

But yeah, when people say "opposites attract" that doesn't always mean that one person is aggressive and the other submissive. A lot of the time they're both one or the other, they just have different personality types. I bet that more relationships like Jag and Jaina's have failed than relationships between two people who are strong-willed and fight a lot, but who love each other ardently. Passion is necessary. Being that I am a strong woman and that my mother is a very strong woman and divorced from my father (who was submissive), I speak from some experience.

Jae Angel

23. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Jags upbringing did not prepare him for a lot of things he is facing at this point. I don't look at that as a flaw in his character. He can, and I believe will, grow, learn and change. :)

Jedi aren't just good at "one thing" NJ. That was my point, they are nearly super human at numerous seemingly impossible things! How can you say the uber-humans you and RF complain about so much are any different??? They aren't in my opinion. Do people have a prejudice against non-Jedi who can still accomplish amnazing things? Like how dare them for being that way if they aren't one of the ever-beloved Jedi? I don't get where this uber stuff comes from.

Okay, Kyp has made huge mistakes and you all love how flawed he is. He's had a lot of time to get that way. [face_plain] Some others haven't.

And I wouldn't make any assumptions about what kind of relationship Jaina and Jag have after just one book. They don't have one yet and Jag is clueless as to how to feel about her. He won't always be though. ;)

I think that's my rant for now. I'll be back though. :D

24. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
  25. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Wow, we're actually having a real discussion here! Keep it up! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.