main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The JC.NGL Cool Game Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SoloCommand, Jun 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    A wise man once said,
      'Start as you mean to go on.'

Arthur Dent once said,
      'Very Deep, you should send that into the readers digest, they have a page for people like you.'

Seeing as we're all newbies at heart, and we all experience one form of cranial stimuli or another (i.e. Ideas), what better place to vent those ideas than through an official channel, where you can post as many unsolicited thoughts as you like and hope that somewhere, someone will care...

Welcome to the 'Cool Idea' thread.

A place where you can rant to your hearts content without having a topic locked or being laughed at by forumites*.

*Not guaranteed.

There are a number of different forms of 'Cool Idea'. The 3 Main 'Idea' Areas are...

1. General Game, Gameplay and Mod Suggestions (for when you can't find a better thread)
      'You know, Jedi Knight, would'nt it be cool if Jan Ors ran around in a bikini, abit like DOA:BC.'

'Force Commander would have been alot better if it were almost identical to Age of Kings and be in 2D.'

'Final Fantasy XI would have been alot better if there was something to do.'

2. New Game Ideas (sticking redundant threads in one easily to swallow form)
      'Would'nt it be cool if Ridley Scott made a game where you were like, running after blue androids while learning how to train monkeys in the art of ju-jitsu. Then at the end of the game you marry a gibbon.'

'I wanna make a game exactly like Jedi Outcast in every detail, does anyone know Jeff Bennett's phone number so I can ask him to be Kyle?'

'Can anyone make this game idea I had?'

3. Console Supremacy Ideas (for when you have to release the fanboy within)
      'They should make Halo for the GameCube.'

'They should make Metal Gear - Twin Snakes for the PS2.'

'They should make Star Trek - Starship Creator for the X-Box.'

Use this thread to:
    Find like minded individuals to help you make a mod, or new game.
    Voice a general opinion on gameplay aspects and how you think they could be improved.
    Talk about your 'brilliant' new game idea.

Locked temporarily. Will reopen later. dp4m

I think this has been locked long enough, don't you?

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    This thread is a cool idea.

Make another one.

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    No, SoloCommand has just reahed his yearly limit of one thread.

But it is a cool idea.

4. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    See? Isn't it?

5. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    LMAO

I love your dry sarcastic sense of humor Solo. ;) :D

GAMZ R00X0RS NUFF SAD!!!!111111!!!11!!!!

6. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I too enjoy the quirks that are associated with this pom. Top chap indeed.

Tea and Crumpets anyone?

:D

edit = sorry, not going to be another social thread, my bad.

I have limited ideas when it comes to games or SW. I like games and I like SW. :) Perhaps if they were somehow combined - it would be the UL7IMAET!

7. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    You people are too kind.
      No, SoloCommand has just reahed his yearly limit of one thread.

Well, I'm getting old.
    I stick to the old ways like a rennaisance man of sorts, quality over quantity, JK over JO, and Dreamcasts forever.
      I have limited ideas when it comes to games or SW. I like games and I like SW. Perhaps if they were somehow combined - it would be the UL7IMAET!

Mah Gawd man, have you not heard of the 4w350m3 p0w4 of the new thing to hit the streets?
    It's called an 4rc4d3 g43m,
    You may look upon this one, and weep.
    [image=http://www.toysrgus.com/images-misc/sw-arcade.jpg]

SC's cool idea of the day #1
    Would'nt it be cool if LucasArts got Ron Gilbert to make another Monkey Island Game.
    He was a chap who knew how to make a good Monkey Island game.

8. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    Good idea!
    you shoudl post it in this thread!

:D

9. Billy_Shears

Billy_Shears Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2002
    How about a game starring the JCNGL members? You choose to be Dane, Aragorn, Pat-fett, SoloCommand, etc, battle the forces of n00bs and redundant threads in your allmighty Forceboat, and the final boss is the snot-nosed kid from WW? Once you defeat him, JP's hot latino wife comes up and congratulates you. Who's with me?

10. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    How about a game starring the JCNGL members? You choose to be Dane, Aragorn, Pat-fett, SoloCommand, etc, battle the forces of n00bs and redundant threads in your allmighty Forceboat, and the final boss is the snot-nosed kid from WW? Once you defeat him, JP's hot latino wife comes up and congratulates you. Who's with me?

How about, entering the code 'EVERYBODYSDEADDAVE' lets you play as Darth-Hannibal, 'ANOFFERYOUCANTREFUSE' lets you play as JC, 'ONLYINMODERATION' lets you play as JP, 'PHEERTHEAWESOMEPOWAOFTACT' lets you play as PB and, in a strange twist of fate, 'FORCEBOAT' lets you play as Garry Gaber.

11. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    cool idea.

edit = /\/\/\ must attempt to keep thread on track. :p

12. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Ah yes. My character would of course be a master demolitionist.

A fun mini game would be kicking Sithy off TEH BOAT!!!111!!!!1111!!!!

Another one would be trying to figure out if AA and Jade were one in the same by gathering clues such as blues and SNAK residue(SP?).

Ok someone make the game because I'm too lazy to do it. Mind you, me and others will take all the credit once completed.

13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Here's a cool idea. Gollum for Jedi Outcast.

[image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/skins/gollum-wip1.jpg]

Oh, and don't go on about the textures. They're Preliminary Guide Textures, and if you don't know what that means, read here. :p

14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    cooooooool

Any adjustments being made to hands/feet/eyes?

Awesome work though! Any other characters underway?

15. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Here's an idea. Open all the good threads back up. I'm gone for a week and I miss all the fun. :(

16. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
  17. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    bump board is acting crazy.

18. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Not a half bad idea for a video game...that JCNGL game. Well, actually it is, but reading about it made me laugh.

My cool idea is thus: Wouldn't it be cool if JK3 actually had a plotline?

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, seeing as that Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, and Jedi Outcast all had plotlines, I'm pretty confident Jedi Academy will as well.

20. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    Here's a cool idea.

STOP CLOSING EVERY WORTHWHILE THREAD THAT POPS UP IN GAMES.

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I will take that under consideration. But, please bear in mind -- this thread is for the discussion of Games: Board and Videogames, and there are plenty of other forums to discuss what was locked in the past 24 hours.

I, as always, will listen to posts and PMs. :)

22. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Fine, then re-open that thread.

Why were you assigned to us? It's annoying. There was no reason to close the other thread.

You obviously have absolutely no idea how Games works.

Get us another mod.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Hey, you only have to put up with me for two weeks. Think of me like the babysitter from "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead."

Except I'm likely not going to die.

24. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
      Except I'm likely not going to die.

'Stand-in Games Forum Mod. Died of natural causes.'

25. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    No, this won't do at all.

That thread needs to be opened. That is how Games works. Yes, it is for discussion of video games and such, but it also has a very strong community that is built from its off the wall social threads. It has been allowed by every dedicated moderator since Games had a dedicated moderator. Howl allowed the Socialbility Lounge, PB allowed the forceboat parté, and jp allowed the new Gaming Lounge (which was recently locked due to "unacceptable behavior," which is a valid reason for closing a social thread. That being said, it will probably be re-opened when he gets back anyway.) The thread we're protesting should stay open unless rules are repeatedly broken.

You really don't have a choice. If you don't allow us to have a social thread, innocent threads will be hijacked and be made into social threads. This isn't a threat, it is just what will naturally happen on this board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.