main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico The Land of Dalariel (RPG): next session TBD

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Jan_Solo, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    So, I was the only one that presented different choices or was it that I gave you four choices when I PMed you. (I specially liked the fourth one... ;) )

2. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    - Would not mind to have an idea of the roles of each ?choice? will have, this may give us a better idea of what to select.

Now I?m interested in something that is not a medic. I?m more interested in something like a technician (or gunsmith) or a scout.

- What kind of environment we will face in this RPG, cities, woods? Unlike others RPGs I will like for once not to waste points in something like Survival (Woods) if I will only play on a city.:oops:

Well, if telling us will not give us spoilers on the storyline.

3. Rao

Rao Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002

you assume too much

I'm not dreading anything, I just wish to avoid making a character that is too similar to my past characters. I do not mind playing a female, I've played one before.

I also wish to make clear that these little interjections by Jan and myself will not be mistaken for any displeasure towards the game, the concept, or most importantly, the gamemasters. I am happy to play with any of the characters available.

The most important thing to me is to create a character that is new, interesting, intriguing perhaps, and well rounded.

when everybody pm's you the choices, I await my character with open arms, to embark on this new, most challenging journey.

Until we hear from each other again.

4. digital-skywalker

digital-skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    it's all good for me... i just hope i get one of the chars that i chose... i'm down the the experimental RPG thing..

5. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I can't say much without spoiling the story. Just be aware that you will be adventuring (both in combat and out of it) in a wide variety of environments to which you as players, and your characters, might not be very used to being around in...

I was not talking to you directly on that one, I know that you are not afraid of any challenge that might be placed before you. I was referring to all of the players in general. Nobody submitted a female character as any of their choices (first, second, or third).

No offense taken on my part. These discussions are a good thing, they help clear up issues, and also help us the GMs to mold the game to what the players want.

And you will. You will just have to receive whichever character you end up playing with with open hands, and again, we will do everything possible so that you end up feeling comfortable and happy with the end result. Trust me, the last thing we want is to throw a game where the players are unhappy.

Alright, since some of you are curious, here are some interesting tidbits:
    • All the players except one sent the Droid as their primary choice.

• All the players except one sent the Male Elf as their secondary choice.

• None of the players sent the Females as any of their choices.

Here is the plan:
    • The player that sent a primary choice different than the Droid, will get his primary choice.

• The lucky winner of the Droid will be determined randomly among those who submitted it as their primary choice.

• Then, the lucky winner of the Male Elf will be determined randomly among those who submitted it as their secondary choice.

• The remaining three players will receive their character according to their third choice. Depending on who got the Droid and the Male Elf, there might need to be another "random" round here.

• And lastly, the remaining characters (the females) will be randomly assigned to the remaining players.

• Oh and Pete, you just might end up playing your fourth choice if you keep this up. :p

• Expect to receive PMs from me on the beginning of next week with the results, and a small background about the character you end up with.

• Once we have the groups set up, we will select a GM for each group randomly.

Are we all cool with this?

6. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002

Jan, if you can fit my fourth choice it, that would be a hoot! But make him evil. When they are evil they are funnier!

7. Roman

May 30, 2002
    Ok, fair is fair.
    I?m fine, but if I have to use a female character, PLEASE not the female force-user. I have play a Jedi in the last 2 RPGs, I really want to do something else. [face_praying] [face_not_talking] :_|

8. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    I am already messing around with the character sheet for your fourth choice. :p

Heh, all that pleading almost makes me feel like pitying you. But to make it fair for everyone, fate will decide. ;)

9. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    As promised, and one day earlier, the results of the character division have been sent to the players via PM. Here is a detailed explanation of the process (without player names to keep you all as spoiler-free as possible ;)):

Step 1
    Mercenary - The player who gets to play the Mercenary was chosen first. It was his primary choice, and nobody else's.

Step 2
    Droid - The player who will play the Droid was chosen randomly from the remaining five players, all of whom had sent the Droid as their primary choice.

Step 3
    Male Elf - The player who will portray the Male Elf character was chosen randomly from a pool of three out of the remaining four players who had sent it as their secondary choice.

Step 4
    Clone Soldier - The player who will play as the Clone Soldier was chosen next. It was his tertiary choice.

Step 5
    Female Force-user - The player who gets to play the Female Force-user was randomly determined from the remaining two players.

Step 6
    Female Elf - The player who will portray the Female Elf was the remaining player.

Step 7
    GMs - The GMs that will host the separate games once the campaign is split (possibly from the second session on until the last one) were randomly chosen. Tumbark will be the GM for Group One and I will be the GM for Group Two. In our first session you will find out which group you will belong two, depending on your actions in that session.

These results are official and final. I think the division went well considering our early troubles. Two people ended up with their primary choice, one with his second, and one with his tertiary choice. We shall take every step possible to help you create a character that will be interesting and that will appeal to you, even if at first you are unhappy with the template you ended up with.

Check your Private Messages for the character that you will be portraying, and start to make a mental brainstorming on how you would like to modify and mold the character template that was assigned to you so it suits your tastes. Send me a message when you have a good idea of what you want.

10. Khal_DRhonn

Khal_DRhonn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2002
    So, when will we meet to embark on this new adventure?

11. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Well, Tumbark and I still have A LOT of stuff to design and plan out, this time around we want to be better prepared than and improve on our last campaign. He is currently very busy preparing for the Medieval Party, so his spare time is rather limited. Once we feel that we have most of the campaign planned out and feel comfortable with the design of our new world, we will then choose a day to meet with you, the players, to create the characters. And then after the characters are made, (on a separate day) we will have our first session, the grand opening of the campaign of which all six players and both GMs will take part. As a rough estimate, both of these dates will probably take place sometime in the next month (August).

12. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Hey guys. Only one of you has sent me PMs with a general idea of how they want to customize your characters. To help with the process I have prepared this summary, use it as a guide of some of the things that you can start to think about.

Legend:
    Character
    Things you cannot change
    Things you can start thinking about and discussing with us
    Things we will work out on our character creation session

Mercenary
    Race
    Appearance
    Personality

Character stats (STR, DEX, CON, etc.)
    Primary class
    Secondary class (optional)
    Background story (based on what you received in the PM)
    Weapons and equipment

Droid
    Race
    Appearance
    Personality (limited)

Primary class
    Skills and Feats

Background story
    Weapons and equipment

Male Elf
    Race
    Appearance
    Personality

Primary class
    Skills and Feats

Weapons and equipment
    Starting spells

Clone Soldier
    Race
    Appearance
    Personality

Primary class
    Skills and Feats
    Weapons and equipment

Female Force-user
    Race
    Appearance
    Personality

Primary class
    Skills and Feats
    Weapons and equipment

Female Elf
    Race
    Appearance
    Personality

Primary class
    Skills and Feats

Weapons and equipment
    Starting spells

You can start thinking about and discussing with us the items in blue. You can also start to get a general idea of what you would like for items in purple, if you want. Of course, no decision will be final until we actually sit down together to create the characters. About the background story, it has to conform to what we already have in store for your character, which is summarized in the PM that you received. About weapons, the Elves get Fantasy-style weapons, and the others get Star Wars-style weapons. Hope this helps you with the process of idealizing your character in your mind. If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a PM.

13. Roman

May 30, 2002
    Ok, working on my character. I will send you my ideas and questions latter (read not today).

14. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    Emepezaremos level 1?

15. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Dangit, Rao. I was about to ask that!

16. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    La respuesta a la pregúnta es no, pero el level no ha sido determinado todavía.

17. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Correcto. Empezarán en levels 6-8, y no necesariamente todos empezarán al mismo level. Mas info luego... La semana que vienen empezaré a postear aqui sobre la historia del nuevo mundo.

18. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Hey guys, hope everyone is busy thinking about their characters. :p Just so we can start getting a "feel" for the campaign, I will be writing here about the history of the planet where the game will take place. I plan on posting maybe twice a week for the next two weeks or so. This is to provide the history little by little so you don't have a huge message to read. Hope you guys enjoy it, and let me know of any questions or comments you might have. Ok, here we go.

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

An Excerpt from the History of Dalariel
    By Shana Raglos, Royal Historian of the Techno Union

Ancient History
    The Elves of Dalariel do not share much information about their ancient history, for it was a dark time marked with much strife and suffering. Thus I have gathered this information from old tomes that have survived throughout the ages, under the care of a certain bloodline and passed down from generation to generation.

In old times, the Creatures of the Underworld roamed freely throughout the lands of Dalariel. What we usually regard as mere monsters that inhabit scarce landscapes in our planets, in Dalariel these Creatures used to be a powerful conglomerate of beings that dominated and enslaved the Elven race. The Elves were regarded as a weak race, often employed to serve Evil Gods or to be offered as sacrifices to them. Chaos and Evil reigned over the planet.

According to the Old Legends, in a desperate attempt to save what little was left of their race, the Archmages of Salanaar, a once mighty Elven Citadel which now lay mostly in ruins, sent the legendary Ancient Hero on a quest to gather three magical crystals of great power. Unquestioning of the intentions of the Archmages and never losing hope, the Ancient Hero embarked on his journey to retrieve the crystals. And he succeeded. With these crystals, the Archmages of Salanaar managed to erect and activate a Magical Shield around Dalariel that would be the salvation of the Elven race. The Magical Shield brought Eternal Light to Dalariel, vanquishing most of the Creatures and forcing what was left of their numbers into hiding in the shadows. With the monsters banished from their countryside, the Elven race was able to rebuild its lands and a new generation was born once again.

However, it was because of this Magical Shield that Dalariel remained alienated from the rest of the galaxy for hundreds of years. Existing in its own dimension, the planet was invisible to our eyes and to our scanning machines. As a result of this, the Elves of Dalariel lived their lives unaware of the events that transpired outside their planet. But their society was able to enjoy a life of peace and prosperity, full of solid growth and flawless progress. The Elves would now look at the sky as their source of hope and strength, even if they were unable to peer beyond the Magical Shield.

Sadly, the peace would not last forever.

To Be Continued...

19. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002

Modern History ? The Age of the Clans

With the Creatures of the Underworld driven from its lands, the Elven nation was able to rebuild its cities and strongholds, and soon spread across most of Dalariel. The capital city of Salanaar flourished and quickly became the seat of power of the Elven race. For several hundreds of years to follow, new territories were formed, inhabited by Elves who wished to call these lands their own. However, as the peaceful nation aggressively expanded its borders, the influence of power of the Citadel of Salanaar diminished. It was then that the Age of the Clans was born.

Several Elven Clans emerged, composed of beings that were searching for their own identities. These Clans spread their own kind as new territories were discovered and new villages were formed. Unfortunately, it was not too long until the minds of their leaders became corrupted and blinded by the lust for power, greed, and avarice. War broke out soon enough. In order to prevent the situation from escalating any more, the Archmages of Salanaar, now known as the Keepers of the Shield, agreed to award some of the Elven Clans with the authority to form their own semi-autonomous governments. Other smaller Clans were simply destroyed by the Might of the Warriors of Salanaar or absorbed into their culture, depending on their level of stubbornness and resistance.

Most Elven Clans were content with their newly formed governments. But others became quickly tired and unhappy with the dealings of their corrupt leaders with the central government of Salanaar. These Clans considered Salanaar as their mortal enemy, the source of their pain and suffering. They despised the way in which the central government enslaved their kind to further the developments of the secretive magical research conducted by the Archmages. Finding strength in numbers, they united under the common banner of the Free Elves of Dalariel. Even though they started as a disorganized, ragtag band of rebels, composed mostly of civilians and the poor, soon enough they grew both in power and strength: a power that would soon rival that of the might of Salanaar. Great Elven warriors and powerful wizards joined the ranks of the Free Elves in their struggle against an oppressive power, and with the growing determination of their forces, the magnitude of the conflict quickly escalated.

This conflict would endure for hundreds of years to follow.

To Be Continued...

20. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Pete, got your PM. I like the background story of your char, good job!

Rao, I have Luis' RPG books. He had left them at Pete's house. Let me know if you want to borrow some of them.

To the rest of the players, I am looking forward to receiving the info about your characters. Please send it in as soon as you have something you feel happy with.

Anyway, without further ado, here is more about the History of Dalariel. Enjoy.

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

Modern History - The God of the Stars
    Tigus Moonferal had been obsessed with learning what lies among the stars since his early childhood. Born from a very influential family in Salanaar, he was accepted into the Circle of the Keepers of the Shield at a young age. Most of the members of the Circle did not place their immediate trust on him, but some agreed with what their scrying stones revealed about the boy?s future. Tigus Moonferal had the potential to become an Archmage of great power, an important element that would be crucial in the victory of Salanaar against the Free Elves and their insurgent friends.

But the conflict of the Clans and the war that ravaged Dalariel was never a subject of interest for Tigus. In his time on the Citadel, he carried out secret experiments with the manipulation of the Magical Shield and the crystals that powered it. In his latest breakthrough, he managed to find a way to disable the Shield momentarily, buying him enough time to be able to peer into the stars beyond its protective aura. It was through his experiments that he was able to establish contact with the God of the Stars.

In his writings, Tigus would refer to this God as Aziel. From the few manuscripts that were recovered from the ashes of Salanaar, Tigus describes Aziel as a compassionate and caring God that quickly showed great interest in helping the Elves end their age-old conflict. Aziel convinces Tigus that the only way to truly end the struggle of his race is to halt the Magical Shield of Dalariel for a period of time that would allow the People of the Stars to enter the otherwise impassable Skies of Dalariel. Once they reached the Elven Lands, the People of the Stars would assist Salanaar in quelling the uprising. Aziel promises Tigus that this act would bring the Elves the capability to acquire infinite knowledge and technological advances from the People of the Stars.

And it was pursuing this infinite knowledge what was of the utmost interest for him. But Tigus Moonferal knew very well what events would transpire if he were to tell the other Archmages about his forbidden experiments and his ethereal conversations with the God of the Stars. The Magical Shield of Dalariel was regarded as the ultimate protection against the Forces of Evil, and the reason behind the progress and growth that the Elven race had acquired in the past Ages. Thus he knew that disabling it would be regarded by the others as a foul act that would bring doom upon the Elven race.

Knowing the potential dangers of the path that he was treading upon, Tigus decided to continue to keep his research a secret. Sadly for him, it was a secret that would not remain unknown for long. On that fateful day, the Keepers of the Shield discovered evidence that Tigus was conducting his secret experiments. He was immediately expelled from the Circle and was banished from the Citadel of Salanaar, never to return again. Surely the wilderness of Dalariel would deny the survival of a great threat against itself.

Or so the Archmages thought.

To Be Continued...

21. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

TUMBARK_WOOKIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    PEOPLE GET READY AND PUT YOURSELVES IN OVERDRIVE, ONCE THIS ONE STARTS ROLLING YOU WILL BE TESTED TO YOUR RPGING POWERS ALL THE WAY!!!!

AUGUST WILL BE THE MONTH OF RECKONING FOR YOU BEASTIES!!!

22. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002

Modern History ? The Fall of the Shield
    Enraged by his sudden and unfair banishment, Tigus Moonferal vowed to take revenge on the Archmages of Salanaar. He decided to join the ranks of their mortal enemies, the Free Elves of Dalariel, and aid them on their Crusade against Salanaar. The Free Elves regarded Tigus with distrust at first, but soon enough they incorporated him as a vital element of their forces. They were well aware of the powerful knowledge that Tigus possessed, and the importance that using this knowledge against their enemies had.

From Tigus the Free Elves were able to learn about the God of the Stars and his willingness to aid the Elven race, and embraced the God as their future savior. After many years of successes and failures in battle, Tigus and the Free Elves were envisioning a plan that would lead them to a decisive victory. On that climactic day, they decided on a course of action that would lead them to an attack on the Citadel of Salanaar. But unknown to all but the God of the Stars and him, the attack would be nothing but a distraction, for Tigus? ultimate goal was to enter the Tower of the Archmages and disable the Magical Shield of Dalariel. The People of the Stars were ready to enter Dalariel, and with them as their allies, the forces of Salanaar would stand no chance against the Free Elves. This was the will of the God of the Stars, and Tigus had complete faith in the God?s plan.

Several weeks of bloodshed ensued. Once peaceful beings set on a murderous rampage against their own kind. After many casualties and much suffering, the plan succeeded. Tigus Moonferal was able to reach the Tower and face the Archmages in the Chamber of the Shield. His power had increased significantly since he had left their Circle, but the Archmages possessed incredible conviction and branded Tigus as a traitor of Salanaar and an enemy of the Elven nation, and accused him of secretly seeking the rebirth of the Creatures of the Underworld. After a brief exchange of words, an epic battle was fought. A battle that Tigus would have quickly lost was it not for the aid the God of the Stars provided him. When he was about to stand down and accept his defeat, the God of the Stars communicated with Tigus and bestowed him with the will to succeed. Filled with great anger and hatred, he managed to defeat the Archmages.

But it was because of this incredible surge of anger and hatred, that Tigus Moonferal was unable to complete the remaining part of his task. The exchanges of magical energies in his battle with the Archmages were so colossal that they disrupted the very own composition of the crystals that powered the Magical Shield of Dalariel. The crystals that had once been gathered by the Ancient Hero of Legend, and that had saved the Elven race against certain destruction, now laid shattered before Tigus. But Tigus Moonferal would not gaze upon the shattered crystals, and all the destruction that his anger had unleashed, for very long, as he soon collapsed of exhaustion and fear.

A fear so overwhelming that it would ultimately claim his life.

To Be Continued...

23. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002

Present History ? The People of the Stars
    With the Magical Shield of Dalariel and the shroud of invisibility that it generated no longer present, it did not take long for our advanced technologies to locate the planet; especially since we had been blessed recently with the guidance of a brilliant and capable leader. Under confidential and strict orders of Count Dooku, the head of the Separatist organization to which the Techno Union now belongs, we had already been patrolling the nearby area for some time. Once the planet was exposed, we received immediate orders to land in Dalariel, make contact with the locals, and colonize the planet. Even though establishing a friendly relation when dealing with the Elves was encouraged, the use of excessive force was authorized if necessary, and exploiting the planet?s natural resources was ultimately the main goal.

Upon landing, our conglomerate of corporations quickly set up research stations and factories on the surrounding lands. We managed to locate a few sources of rare and potent raw materials with which we could produce new technologies that would bring us great wealth and high standing among other corporations across the galaxy. Blending magic with technology, the Techno Union had found a great source of untapped power, a power that could be effectively exploited in the coming years to fuel the war efforts of the Separatist movement. And as we have always experienced over time, with war come great profits.

But not all is well in the lands of Dalariel. The Elves received us with mixed reactions. Some regard us as envoys of the God of the Stars, sent to their homeland to aid them and to put an end to the pain and suffering that the war that ravages their lands brings them. They refer to us as the People of the Stars, and they chose to cooperate with us and learn of our culture and language. They quickly developed their own society based on their old traditions and beliefs, and influenced by our customs and way of life. They are greatly fascinated with our technology, and they keep our borders safe and willingly help us in the daily manufacturing labors at our factories. They call themselves the Techno Elves.

Some Elven groups consider us impostors, blasphemous invaders sent on a sacrilegious crusade to take over their homeland. They believe that identifying us as the People of the Stars is an act of utmost irreverence and deem any friendly interaction with us as an act of profanity. Among these groups are the Free Elves of Dalariel, who now believe they were deceived and betrayed by Tigus Moonferal on the day that Salanaar fell. Enraged after what Tigus promised would be their decisive victory against their enemies, they again find themselves involved in a violent conflict. Except that now they rise up against newfound enemies. Other groups have chosen to remain distant and reclusive, and refuse to get involved in any kind of struggle. They also refuse to accept the God of the Stars as a deity, and consider the God a fake, a figment of the imagination of a crazy Archmage.

It remains unclear what became of Tigus and his forces on that fateful day. Since the Great Citadel fell, strange and dark magical energies have claimed the once prosperous lands of Salanaar. Shrouded in darkness, no living being dares go near. Rumors that Evil creatures now lurk in the wilderness are spreading. Some believe that the dark monsters of old are resurfacing, and will soon begin their evil rampage against the Elves. They fear the Shadow Army will soon rise to take over all of Dalariel. They believe their fate is sealed and they are bracing for war, fortifying their borders and fighting to expand their reach.

Some Elves believe in the legend of the Ancient Hero, and patiently wait for his return to once again restore the Magical Shield and save their race from certain destruction. Others believe waiting to be a waste of time, and wish to strike back quickly against the

24. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

TUMBARK_WOOKIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Now to give my total attention to this project

[face_devil] [face_skull] [face_devil]

25. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Roman, gracias por enviar el PM. Ya estoy trabajando en tu character sheet preliminar y en el de Pedro (de los demas no he podido hacer nada aun porque no he recibido la info!).

Hope you guys like the story so far. To feed a little bit your need to know more details about the game, here are a few MINOR SPOILERS:

- The Force-user and the Clone Soldier are friends.
    - The Mercenary and the Droid are friends.
    - Both Elves are friends.

Stay tuned for more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.