main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prairie The Manitoba Star Wars Guild

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Basemonger, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basemonger

Basemonger Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2003
    Once again, it's time for another membership drive for the Manitoba Star Wars guild. For those of you who know us, thank you for your patience; Winnipeg is cursed when it comes to Gamaing and science fiction / fantasy organizations. For those of you who are being intorduced to The MSWG, this is your chance to come out and join us!

The Manitoba Star Wars Guild (MSWG) is an international Organization that holds to all things Star Wars. We were established in 1982, but opened the doors to the public in 1999 by popular demand. We have events every week, wether it be Roleplaying, TCG/CCG, potlucks, other assorted events, or what have you.

Our address has changed a few times, but the current contacts are are;

Email: basemonger@bytebenders.com
    Fax: (204) 487-3129

We'll be posting weekly to these forums due to the high demand for us to be affiliated with FanForce.

So be it.

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I've been hoping for someone from the guild would contact me about making them a FF chapter.

I'll be sending you an email

3. Basemonger

Feb 12, 2003
    We tried almost a year ago or so, but there was an issue about posting. We've had nothing but trouble, having gone through FOUR webmasters and still nothing. Long story. While the site was finished, people couldn't access it our our boards. So I decided to just do this instead, until the guild web masters get somthing done.

ANYWAY, the point is, this is where the events will be posted... and so we can get the fan force title under our belts. :)

4. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Let us know what progress you make.

5. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Have you made any progress Basemonger...

6. Basemonger

Feb 12, 2003
    Progress, yes, but theres still the issue of getting people to actually post on the forums. A lot of people don't see why "they should". There are TONS of fans, but members either don't have the time or just don't see it as somthing they want to do.

Will keep trying. :)

7. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Reasons to post here.

A chance to meet lots of other fans from across the country.
    Connections to other Star Wars fan clubs.
    Being a part of the largest online Star Wars message forum.

If you get MSWG recognized as part of FanForce the group benefits as well from being part of a worldwide network of clubs.

I'm tired, I'm sure there are others who can add to reasons why to become a part of FanForce and its forums.

8. XJ3-Pilot

XJ3-Pilot Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2003
    I'm finally online. Only now did I get my email with my password, and I applied two months ago!!

Well, I'm here now, and I'm from the MSWG.

Hey Basemonger!

9. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Welcome to the FanForce forums!

10. Basemonger

Feb 12, 2003
    Sorry, FanForce! Been focusing on Local events and the MSWG forums... thought I'd take a peek..

Well, November 1st was interesting. MSWG hit 200+ Local members, 700+ international. I was talking to a few people around the world, and there seems to be a rather odd occurance; even with a fan force board for a city or region, theres still a lot of people who don't sign up to the fanforce boards. In fact, most people I've talked to noticed that people are refusing to hit the boards. Not sure why that is...

I did a quick poll of local members, and the majority of Winnipegs just don't have the time. I'm split between five science fiction / Fanatsy / anime / events groups in winnipeg, plus full time work plus freelance work, so I can understand that.

There seems to be at least 8 active clusters of the membership, each one with about ten people, the rest are mostly sign ons and lurkers.

funny, that.

Still, We decided that maybe a new members meet up would be good, so we'll do that once a month, starting This november 16th, 2003 at 2pm, at the Dark Zone. Being affiliated with All your base, we have managed all sorts of benifits, and again, only open to core members; ie; those that put in the time to show up. This includes, free movie passes, access to special events, and prizes from our sponsors.

We also have been invited to participate in upcoming conventions, so this is somthing else to look for.

I have to get going, but hopefully the Winnipeg area will pick up and maybe they'll start using the fanforce boards.

I can get you more information from the All Your Base forums, located at www.allyourbasecafe.com

see you all later!

11. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I would like to join your group Basemonger...

12. megamanchu

megamanchu Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2004
    Yeah, I'm onaboard. I got nothing else to do these days. I just beat Star Wars Jedi Academy. WHAT NOW?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.