main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary The Matrix Reloaded (spoilers inside)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, May 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Also keep in mind that Smith isn't really working for the machines anymore. He works for himself now, his own pleasure.

2. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    So, I just thought I would bump this up, I have watched the DVD several times, who else is going to see Revolutions on the 5th? I can't wait! I hope they do a good job finishing up the story line :)

3. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    We will be seeing the film opening weekend. For the Return of the King, on the other hand, we will be seeing it opening day at a matinee. We tried to get tickets to Trilogy Tuesday, but didn't make it.

Son of M.M. And M.M.

4. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I'll be seeing Revolutions on opening day probably. They might do a preview on the night before (the 4th) like they did with Reloaded.

5. yaddel

May 19, 2002
    I didn't even have a chance to try and get tickets for triology tuesday! They were gone before I could think of finding someone to watch my daughter, so it will be DVD at home for me, I am looking forward to Return of the King though, going to see that on opening day, as for the Matrix, I want to see it right when it comes out, but I will probably have to wait till Saturday, ofcourse you guys will post lots of spoilers right ?? :)

6. ZamIAm

ZamIAm Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    Hmm... spoilers... neo fights smith, trinity and neo love each other... machines battle...neo has to save the world as we know it... I think the first one kinda spoiled it for the rest. Personally i think LOTR is going to kick major booty in the box office over matrix. I didn't like reloaded at all... but gotta be cool so we might goto the arundel muvico theater 11:25 pm showing.

7. yaddel

May 19, 2002
    Spoilers, yeah but Trin Dies!! Ack! I thought the movie was great, ofcourse Return of the King will rock!! I'm positive it will be a better movie :) But, I did love the Matrix trilogy too, and I thought it was really well done. The movie plot is way complicated, so most people will say stuff like it does not really have a plot, probably because they just don't get it. Return of the King will be easier to understand, so thus more people will like it. Anyway, I will be there opening day!

8. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    revolutions is better than reloaded, but did you all go "what-the" at the end? just saw it tonight, we missed opening night.

9. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    I agree. At the end of the film, you just blank out. We all had a long discussion about it on the way home and were able to formulate guesses as to what happened with everything. It was really coonfusing and left me unsatisfied. The special effects were great, though. The ending was definately confusing.

Son of M.M. and M.M.

10. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    Ok, so what were your conclusions about how neo combated the machines and why the oracle changed faces? And, how he finally defeated smith? Deletion? i don't get it... Oh, by the way, I had to watch reloaded again last night just to remember some things. Crap, now I gotta see revolutions again. I should have seen reloaded just before I saw revolutions so things would have made more sense.

11. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Hi guys. I'm a Cleveland Jedi. I'm a huge Matrix fan too. Thought I'd clear some things up. Although I've only seen Revolutions once, so some of what I say may be fuzzy.

Ok, so what were your conclusions about how neo combated the machines and why the oracle changed faces? And, how he finally defeated smith? Deletion? i don't get it... Oh, by the way, I had to watch reloaded again last night just to remember some things. Crap, now I gotta see revolutions again. I should have seen reloaded just before I saw revolutions so things would have made more sense

The Oracle changing faces: In real life, Gloria Foster, who played the Oracle died. The Wachowskis explain in the Enter The Matrix game (and briefly in Revolutions) that because the Oracle helped out Neo, it made the Merovingian really mad and he sold her shell off. This means that the shell she had (what she used to look like) changed.

Neo defeating Smith: The equation of the Matrix was out of balance. Smith is equal to Neo, but his opposite. By fusing together, they cancel each other out and bring the balance back. Plus the only reason Smith still exists is his PURPOSE... killing Neo. Once this happens, there's no longer any reason for him to exist.

I thought it was a good movie. It tied up loose ends from the trilogy and answered all the major questions, yet it had an open ending to let you use your imagination.

12. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    ok, so why did the oracle make it seem like he'd be back? like..another "the ONE" kinda person who will change things? By the way, awesome answers dude. Thanks, my mind is less nerve racked now. :D

13. yaddel

May 19, 2002
    There always has to be "The ONE" because of what the architech(sp?) said regarding the anomoly. The matrix would not work correctly if there was no "ONE". However, it would be interesting to see what the ONE chooses to do in the future since there is now peace between Humans and Machines. I thought the end was great, it really leaves you to draw your own conclusions, I think Neo will be fine, after all if they can re-build his muscles in the first movie, they can fix his vision :)

14. Casey-Jones

Casey-Jones Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2003
    my ratings

Matrix - 10 of 10
    Reloaded - 7.5 of 10
    Revolutions - 8 of 10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.