main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO The Movie I Watched Last Night

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Kaety, Oct 16, 2005.

1. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    the exorcism of emily rose.

2. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    thanks. :)

I couldnt remember what it was called.

I'm actually watching Enemy of the State right now. Weird that i have never seen it before.

3. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    I just watched American History X for the first time.
    One of THE BEST movies that I have ever seen, it made me cry, and believe you me, that is no small task to accomplish. For those of you who have not seen it, you need to, it will give you a whole new perspective on life.

4. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    American History X is deinitely powerful. I saw it when it first came out, and there were a few parts that made me want to stop watching it...teeth on a curb? Yah. What a metamorphoses. Awesome movie.

5. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    the teeth on the curb part really bothered me.

6. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I watched She's the Man. Once I figured out that it was a re-make of Shaekspeare's Twelfth Night I enjoyed it alot more but still it was no where near as good as 10 Things I Hate About You. Tonight I rented Benchwarmers...yep, I'm choosing a mindless evening.

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I'm playing RFO, WoW, and SWG...

All at the same time.

The combination is almost holding my interest.

8. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    If you want a good MMORPG thats not just a bunch of fetch quests like WoW is then you should play Guild Wars, and if you buy the expansion and not the original you get both games for the price of one, and there is no monthly fee. and that was way off topic.

9. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Yeah, it's a great movie.

{CLANG} "Bring out yer dead, bring out yer dead"

10. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    i pirated both underworld and underworld:evolution, those are actually decent movies. Vampires fighting Werewolves, thats just asking for some sweetass action, anyways, go rent them or something theyre fun movies.

11. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    played Civilization with D_N_T until we fell asleep in our chairs...

12. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Didn't watch anything. Did a game piece marathon painting session with C-Dawg last night and we almost made some noticeable progress in finishing our geeky armies.

13. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    watched the first two episodes of "Who Wants to be a SuperHero" that show is so very funny.

14. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Hidalgo...[face_love]

15. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    We saw Clerks 2.

Powerful.

Hilarious.

Entertaining.

Corruption of a Christian minor.

Ample interspecies erotica.

Nuff said.

16. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    I watched another Horatio Hornblower. They are a series that the BBC did based on the books by C.S. Forrester and they are pretty good. But there is this weiner character, Kennedy, who is really kinda annoying and I don't like him but he just seemed so familiar somehow...then it hit me where else I had seen the actor. It was the guy who plays Lee Adama in the new Battlestar Galactica. Give him long hair and make him a wimpy whiny mid-shipmen and you have Kennedy. I guess he must be a good actor because he is so annoying and somehow girlie looking in HH and pretty darn hot in BSG.

17. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I watched Mystery Alaska. That movie always makes me want to move to alaska for some reason. Its cold there, what am I thinking!

18. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    I love the cold!

We watched V for Vendetta last night. It wasn't too bad. It got a little politically correct to the point of tediousness in some places but I liked it.

19. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    just remember,
    people shouldn't be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of its people

and i deas are bulletproof.(unlees its facism or communism)

20. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    That is one point they got absolutely right though...people should not be afraid of their government. And actually all ideas are bulletproof it's just that not all ideas are good ideas. You are free to have the ideas though.

Last night I went with the continued comic book movie theme and rented Ultraviolet. It was alot like Vendetta in ideals and I guess I liked it. I think I liked Vendetta better though. But the weapons in her wrist things was a pretty cool little gadget. I want one.

21. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    i saw ultra violet in theaters, and i didn;t understand why her hair kept changing colors. also the scene in the park was incredibly stupid. but other than that i thought it was a decent movie the plot was okay and the action was totaly sweet.

22. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Ultraviolet wasn't toooo bad. As long as you only watched the first and last 15 minutes of it. :p

Benchwarmers had me cracking up. Either the baby is making my IQ drop, or it was a really funny movie. I loved the agoraphobic brother. "my brother told me about the serial killer in our neighborhood killing people named Howie. MY NAME IS HOWIE!!!" [face_laugh] and the napolean dynomite guy was much funnier in this movie.

23. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    I loved Benchwarmers too! In fact, I put it on the "to buy" list. I think I liked how badly they played because that is me! I AM A BENCHWARMER! ...and proud of it when it comes to softball.

We watched Just Like Heaven last night. We rented it because a band we really like had a song on the soundtrack. Well, the movie was ok but it only had about 5 seconds of the intro to the song. I liked the actor guy in it. Mark something-he was pretty funny in a dry, Seinfeldish sort of way.

24. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    from the look of benchwarmers it looked like the Napoean Dynamite guy just played Napoean Dynamite again, thats probably all he will ever do, is play Napoean Dynamite, just like Jeff Goldblum only ever plays Jeff Goldblum.

25. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    i so just saw SNAKES ON A PLANE!!!!!!!

its actually a decent movie, as long as you understand that they didn't take themselves too seriously when they made it, and alot of what they did was because they were apeasing the internet fanbase. seriously go see the damn thing.