main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Neverwinter Tavern. No Gnomes Allowed,That Means You!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, Jun 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Neverwinter Nights has just gone gold. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about. It will probably turn out to be the greatest RPG ever released up to this point. I'm to much of a slacker to write an in depth view of the game so I'll just plagiarize from the faq.

>>>Neverwinter Nights (NWN) is a computer game set in a huge medieval fantasy world of Dungeons and Dragons. This role-playing game (RPG) puts you at the center of an epic tale of faith, war, and betrayal.

As a player, you are able to choose what skills and abilities you will develop as you voyage though the complex and dangerous fantasy world of Forgotten Realms. Be a deadly and dangerous Rogue moving through the shadows using stealth and secrecy, be a scholarly Wizard and wield powerful magic against your enemies, be a hulking Barbarian whose lust for battle is matched only by his terrible rage, be a armor-clad Paladin who protects the innocent and vanquishes his foes, be a crusading Cleric who heals the sick and defends the helpless? be all this and more.

Neverwinter Nights allows you to create your own worlds. This revolutionary game will come with all the tools needed to construct your own unique lands of adventure. The Neverwinter Nights Aurora Toolset allows even novice users to construct everything from a quiet, misty forest or a dripping cavern of foul evil, to a king?s court. All the monsters, items, set pieces and settings are there for world builders to use. But do not stop there; construct traps, encounters, custom monsters and magic items to make your adventure unique.

But the Neverwinter experience is not just for one person- adventure with all your friends. Neverwinter Nights can be played online with up to 64 friends, all sharing in the adventure. You can organize and run your own adventures through the role of the Dungeon Master and control all the monsters, creatures and characters your friends meet as they journey on their quest. A powerful piece of software that is included with Neverwinter Nights, the DM Client, allows nearly unlimited control for running your own adventures for your friends.

Neverwinter Nights?endless adventure!<<<

There have been some online communities popping up for sometime now. Many of which will be building their own persist ant game worlds. Most of which will be free. So for those of you who complain about the MMORPG's and having to pay this game might help show you some of what your missing.

The character creation/development process looks pretty interesting. Once you level up your given the opportunity to change your class yet still keep your previous abilities. You also get a nice selection of skills and special abilities called feats to help round out your character, you can even get pets (wolves, Snakes, Crows.ect) to serve you. Your given the choice of being a Barbarian, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Bard, Cleric, Mage, Monk, Sorcerer, Druid or a Theif. of course at every level your free to change into another class up to a 3 class limit. So basically through out your characters life span he can only have three professions, example Fighter/Mage/Bard or a Pure Monk or even a Monk/Barbarian. Theres going to be alot of freedom no two players will be a like. You can also choose from the standard fantasy races, human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling/hobbit, Gnome, Half Elf, Half Orc or through use of the editor any race you can think of.

The single player game will be a 60 hour quest. Of course the real selling point of the game is it's multi player capabilities and it's easy to use editor. it has something for everyone a great single player experiance and a hopefully mind blowing multi player game.

Some screens:

[image=http://nwn.bioware.com/_global/images/gallery/nwn_screens_2/nwnscreens_3_51_large.jpg] [image=http://nwn.bioware.com/_global/images/gallery/nwn_screens_2/balor004_large.jpg]

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

[hl=

2. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Bah, and the lads are still hounding me to buy that new Dungeon Seige.

Ah well. Might as well await the new Baldurs Gate.

3. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    I've been holding out on getting DS. Heard it was just a Diablo hack and slash fest. Not to mention the fact that I've got a crap PC right now. Looking to upgrade it once Neverwinter hits stores, though. :D

-----signature-----

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

4. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    Bah, and I just started playing Morrowind and just bought DAoC (for only $10 though). I'll probably get it sometime in the future beings that I used to play D&D and this seems to be closer to it than other RPGs since it has the DM aspect. It's also a plus that it's MP.

5. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    So, who's planning on picking this up today?

6. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I am so so weak :(

dammit I hate you guys.

7. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    Hehe. [face_devil]

8. RabidCoyote

RabidCoyote Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2002
    :( i want to buy this soo much, but i am Saving up for Warcraft Three

9. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    I paid $91 cdn for it :( Well there goes most my money :p

from the main forums :p this is comedy gold.

[/b]
    Author LOL - Everyone (ESPECIALLY BIOWARE STAFF) please read!
    Kompulsive

Posted: Wednesday, 19 June 05:53PM
    When I was in GameSpot (previously Babbages), getting my NWN copy in Omaha, Nebraska, a guy was holding NWN and was so excited he literally hypervenalated. They had police/mall staff help him with minor medical care and he was fine.

Afterwards he actually hugged the guy at GameSpot and said ?I?VE BEEN WAITING 4 YEARS FOR THIS GAME, AND YOU SIR, HAVE MADE MY DREAM COME TRUE. FOR THAT, YOU ARE A HERO.?
    :lol
    [/b]

10. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Not out in Norway before the 28th. Damn.

11. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
  12. QueenLaniAmidala

QueenLaniAmidala Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2002
    Dude, I just heard about this game. It looks really cool, I'm hopefully going to buy it.

13. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    Coolies AA. I was gonna pick it up yesterday, but it wasn't in yet anywhere. Now that I know someone else on the boards has it, I'll probably go pick it up tomorrow. :)

14. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Pick up one for me too, will ya? :p

15. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    Hehe. :)

16. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    Don't tell me that AA and I are the only ones in the Games forum that has this?!?!?!

17. Attack_Of_Da_Gnomes

Attack_Of_Da_Gnomes Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2002
    No gnomes? Does that mean me?

18. Aragorn328

Aragorn328 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2002
    I'll buy it as soon as I have enough money.

I'm debating between this, DS or Morrowind. While Morrowind looks really good, I don't really like its combat system. DS is really fun, so I might get it later, but not till after Neverwinter.

19. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    Ack! Gnomes! They smell like cabbages and are always exposing themselves in public. :p :p

[image=http://www.metropoleparis.com/2000/515/gnom515c.jpg]

Picked it up on friday. Just started playing the single player. Long story short, I upgraded my system but had to scrap my old sound card. So I didn't want to start playing untill I had a sound card installed. So I was just mucking about with the editor. That thing is pretty cool and super easy to use.

So has anybody tried the game out online yet? I was thinking maybe some of you might be up for a multiplayer module. On another note what type of character is everyone playing? I'm going through the SP game with a human, Cleric(16)/Fighter(4). I like the idea of disarming thugs with a heavy flail. :D

-----signature-----

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

20. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    I haven't tried MP yet, but I want to sometime. I'd rather play with someone here than some random server though. Right now I'm playing with an Elven Male Druid.

21. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I just got it today, haven't tried multiplayer yet because I like to get an understanding of single player first. It's a pretty cool game so far, choice of camera styles, good graphics and such. My only complaint is I've gotten spoiled with seeing my character wear exactly what is on him in the inventory, and this game doesn't seem to follow that much, except when I found magic light armor, my character is now bright red like a Mad Max version of a Royal Guard. Granted, I have only tried leather armor, the uniform I came with and a chain shirt so that I don't lose the bonuses of my class, but all were the same until I put on the magic stuff. Helmet did change my icon though, so now I regret not getting the jumbo viking helmet.

22. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i briefly owned a DS promotional cutout, well i stole it from work, but that crazy woman's eyes worrried me, so i gave it to someone who actually liked the game

23. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I got mine today. It's a pretty cool game so far. I'm an elven sorceror, hehe.

24. rich_meister

rich_meister Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Well I don't have my own copy but I have my friends right now since it wont work on his PC. He's got an old video card. Good thing for me :). I am having quite a blast!

25. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    I just got the game and it rocks. I started as usual in my case with elven ranger who likes to use two long swords at same time. That's simply because my old AD&D character was a kagonesti ranger with two long swords and bow. I started with Dex of 20. Maybe I could have put more points to other stats but I like to have good dex and so far it's working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.