main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Obi-Wan and Siri Archive and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Obi-Wan_Siri_Index, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Though I wouldn't count the course of Secrets of the Jedi as a relationship. They realize they love, they deny it for over a decade and then she dies. I so wanted to see a more painful reaction to what went between them. I wanted to see the stolen glances and things like that. It's just one of the reason's I got fed up with Jude Watson.

2. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    Hmmm ... Yes I see your point. I wish Jude Watson had gone into more depth with their love, but we have to take what we get and fill in the rest ourselves. At least, it is canon that they loved each other!

3. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I agree. I wish the second half of the book had been longer and more in depth. I guess that book is one good arguement for fan fic. :D

4. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I have kind of had to ignore SotJ in some of my writing. I kind of feel like a lot of what I have written is AU to the books, but that the way I like to write them so it's what I'll keep doing.

I want to write something Padawan Obi, Padawan Siri, but haven't had a bunny bite yet.

5. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    I have kind of had to ignore SotJ in some of my writing. I kind of feel like a lot of what I have written is AU to the books, but that the way I like to write them so it's what I'll keep doing.

The book affected me that way, too. Then I realized I have written them in a lot of different ways already myself and was already writing them AU at the time the book came out.

But, although I've written their lives a little differently from the book, I think I still get the essence of the characters the same.

And I still enjoy the characters a lot so as long as the bunnies bite, I will enjoy writing them.

6. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I'd like to pretend that SOTJ never existed, save for the fact that Siri and Obi-Wan love each other. Because I absolutely adore them.

7. jeditachi

jeditachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2005

I love the first part of SOTJ. I think the way JW had Obi-Wan and Siri falling in love is rather sweet, I just wish she gave them more time together. I don't care for the second part.

Anyone read the Last of the Jedi yet? Siri is only mentioned a few times, but at least Obi-Wan "missed her constantly and intensely". :)

8. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    I'd like to pretend that SOTJ never existed, save for the fact that Siri and Obi-Wan love each other. Because I absolutely adore them.

I adore them, too. [face_love]

I didn't mind the first part of the story, but I think maybe after ten years the subject came up again, not after 20 years. ;) I do like the fact that they are the canon couple because they really are perfect together and it proves Obi-Wan wasn't heartless when it came to love as I have seen some of the Anakin people try to point out when Anakin shows an interest in Padme. Obi-Wan's warning to Anakin in AotC probably was something that came from experience, not that he didn't understand Anakin's feelings.

Anyone read the Last of the Jedi yet? Siri is only mentioned a few times, but at least Obi-Wan "missed her constantly and intensely".

Yes, I've read it and saw that. [face_love] I would hope he'd have a memory or two of Siri since he meets up with her former padawan. ;) It would be nice if there were more. :)

9. DrkWoman88

DrkWoman88 Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2003
    Gah! Last of the Jedi is out now!! I'm so behind! Stupid AP courses, stupid college essays, stupid school...grrrr...must go and buy it soon.

10. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Ok wow...I have been out of the loop for so long between my play and now getting promoted at my job I haven't had much time for fanfiction.

First of all I think a lot of people get the wrong idea of Siri's personality. She is so head strong as a padawan and that leaks into her personality as an adult somewhat because she loves to be right all the time, but she has a caring side that she just doesn't show too many people because she's afraid she won't be taken seriously. Which is why it surprised Obi Wan in SotJ to see her care for the boy they were watching.

It's funny, I hated Siri when she first appeared in JA, I thought she was an annoying little brat. Then my brother pointed out that Siri reminded him of me when I was that age and as he's continued to read he's told me that Jude Watson must've based Siri off of me, even as an adult! I think that is why I love writing her, because I so relate to her!

Anyways, enough of that...I enjoyed the first half of SotJ as well...I was a little disapointed in the second half as everyone else seemed to be. My biggest complaint, and I told you about this Jedikma is that they never once kissed! Even when he held her in his arms as she was dying! Now Jedikma made a good point that maybe they did after chapter 13, but I still wanted to see it on the page! Lol.

I've also noticed all of my stories are now AU, I've tried to work some of them with SotJ...like "Reflections" but mostly I will just post them as AUs.
    Speaking of which I started posting my sorta Clone War/Episode III story on this site, I decided to post it before the movie comes out! It's called "Strength Over Fear" it has lots of Obi/Siri scenes so go check that out! Ok, I'm done pimping my story.... :)

Also, I didn't know "Last of the Jedi" was out yet! When did this happen? God, I'm so behind!

11. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    My biggest complaint, and I told you about this Jedikma is that they never once kissed!

I know. :( I wish there would have been one little kiss on paper.

12. jeditachi

Feb 9, 2005

It's funny, I hated Siri when she first appeared in JA

I actually liked Siri right away for telling Obi-Wan exactly what she thought about him leaving the Jedi. I think he deserved it, Bant was just too nice to him. :D

... they never once kissed! ... Now Jedikma made a good point that maybe they did after chapter 13

It's very likely that they did, not only after chapter 13 when she had her lips on his cheek and whispered ;) but also I think when they were on the ship to the planet that the pirates had taken Taly, they probably had a couple of hours together. :)

Otherwise, how would Obi-Wan know later that if he had his mouth against her neck, he would feel her shudder?! :) Also, the small wound on her lip that he was touching when Qui-Gon was watching them, it's possible that Obi-Wan was the one who caused that wound. :D

13. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    but also I think when they were on the ship to the planet that the pirates had taken Taly, they probably had a couple of hours together.

There's a deleated scene for someone to write. :D

I actually liked Siri from the first time I saw her in the JA books. She was hard on Obi-Wan, but he still wanted to have her good opinion, despite how angry she made him. To me, that means he was attracted to her from early on.

I'm inclined to believe that Siri was intended to be Obi-Wan's love interest from the beginning. I don't know for sure, but I've heard that the 'attachment is forbidden' Code was revealed in AotC (but wasn't originally going to be part of the story) and so it makes me wonder if Siri would have had something of a different relationship with Obi-Wan if that Code hadn't come into play. Obviously, she is still used as his love interest, but I have to wonder if the story is different than originally conceived.

Siri first appeared in JA book #7, which was published in 2000 and this was Obi-Wan's first observation of her: "He called her name, and she stopped and turned. The impact of her blue eyes was like a cresting wave. Siri had always been striking, but she hated to have anyone comment on her good looks. She kept her blonde hair in a close-cropped style, swept straight off her forehead. The boyish style was probably intended to dim her beauty but instead only enhanced her intelligent eyes and glowing skin." ~ JA 7 The Captive Temple

That sure seems like he's attracted to her to me. ;)

14. jeditachi

Feb 9, 2005

There's a deleated scene for someone to write.

Well, Jedikma, you wanna be this someone? :) I would love to read it!

That sure seems like he's attracted to her to me.

I totally agree!

And Obi-Wan seems to always notice Siri's eyes. :) It's great to see that in your fics too. :)

15. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    I heard that too Jedikma that at first they weren't going to make attachment forbidden, but even in my oldest stories before AotC and also before Siri was ever introduced I always believed that the Jedi weren't allowed to love and honestly I think that makes for interesting angst stories which we all know I love to write! ;)

I also agree that Siri was always intended for Obi Wan, otherwise why would he care so much what she thought of him and he always did!

I think the way that their relationship plays out makes for such a strong character in Obi Wan (and Siri for that matter). I know it won't happen, but wouldn't it be awesome if he mentioned Siri in ROTS? Like he could be talking to Padme or someone about her...that would be so sweet! I thought about that after I read that she is mentioned in one of the books for ROTS.

16. padawan-grasshopper

padawan-grasshopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    The Last of the Jedi is out!!!? *gapes* And Obi-Wan meets up with Ferus!!!? *continiues to gape*

I agree. Someone should write a seen about what happened after chapter 13.

-Locust[face_alien_1]

17. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    jeditachi

Well, Jedikma, you wanna be this someone? I would love to read it!

Argh!! My muse is suffering lately. I still need to get the next chapter of my other story written. I consider myself a week behind on that one right now.
    :(

And Obi-Wan seems to always notice Siri's eyes. It's great to see that in your fics too.

Thanks! I personally find the eyes and eye contact to be a very powerful. I do believe the eyes are the window to the soul, so in that way I have my characters connect through eye contact. But, also, I feel that for Obi-Wan to notice her eyes is also a sign that he has tremendous respect for her, in addition to the desire to connect with her in a more intimate manner.

SiriKenobi12

I heard that too Jedikma that at first they weren't going to make attachment forbidden, but even in my oldest stories before AotC and also before Siri was ever introduced I always believed that the Jedi weren't allowed to love and honestly I think that makes for interesting angst stories which we all know I love to write!

And I bet you could still find plenty of angst to write even if attachment were allowed. ;) You'd just be looking at it from a different angle. :D

I think the way that their relationship plays out makes for such a strong character in Obi Wan (and Siri for that matter).

I think you could still make their characters be strong either way, because they are strong.

I'm old enough to remember when the first Star Wars came out and the story wasn't titled A New Hope. I loved Obi-Wan even then because he seemed like the wonderful, perhaps eccentric, grandfather that was full of stories and adventures of the 'old days' and for him it probably included, not just heroism, but also one great love.

We didn't know anything about the Jedi then accept that they had been hunted down by Darth Vader, who had once been a pupil of Obi-Wan's. Imagine, then that attachment wasn't forbidden and Obi-Wan did have a wife and possibly even children, then think about what may have happened to them in the purge led by Darth Vader.

Sounds angsty to me. ;)

EDIT: sorry padawan-grasshopper that about The Last of the Jedi is probably a spoiler.

Do remember everyone, as hard as it is, we need to avoid spoilers for The Last of the Jedi and RotS. I think it's okay to talk about SotJ now since it has been out for well over a month.

18. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    I know it won't happen, but wouldn't it be awesome if he mentioned Siri in ROTS? Like he could be talking to Padme or someone about her...that would be so sweet! I thought about that after I read that she is mentioned in one of the books for ROTS.

I would love that if they mentioned Siri in the movie. I would be awwwwwing for the rest of the day, but they won't.... :(

19. jeditachi

Feb 9, 2005

My dream scene for ROTS:

After Obi-Wan delivers Luke to the Lars, as he heads out to the Jundland Waste, he sees a hooded figure. He comes closer, and the figure pulls back the hood to reveal her blond hair and blue eyes. Obi-Wan says her name "Siri?!" :)

Edits: typos, and to add that I don't know if any of this will be in the actual movie, it's just what we already know from ANH, so no spoilers here.

20. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    HAHA! Ya we wish that would happen! *sigh*

21. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    Yeah that would be cool, but even if he just mentions her you know...like say Padme and he are talking about Jedi and attachments and he mentions her to Padme. I would love to see that, and I think it would add some serious depth to the movie Obi Wan, not that he needs it. ;)

I did read the visual dictionary for Episode III and grasshoper was right it does mention her under Obi Wan's profile! I was jumping up and down in the store...I'm such a dork! Ha!

I was watching AOTC the other day and I was thinking that Siri was around during that time, so the scene where Obi Wan walks through the halls to ask Yoda about Kamino I thought how cool it would've been for a blonde female Jedi to walk by him and for him to notice her or something....I don't know, I keep trying to add her in the movies...lol.

22. DrkWoman88

DrkWoman88 Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2003
    "Once there was something I wanted,something forbidden by the Jedi code," Obi-Wan said. "Qui-Gon said something to me then. He said, maybe i a different galaxy things will change. The Jedi will change."
    -Last of the Jedi

I'm pretty sure, but isn't this a reference to Secrets of the Jedi?

23. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Yes. Obi-Wan's talking about attachment. That's the way I read it anyway, that it was a reference to SotJ.

24. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Obi-Wan_Siri_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
  25. Stargazer-19

Stargazer-19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2004
    Aww...Thanks for the mention.[face_blush] I'm honored.

Glad to find a listing of so many Obi/Siri fics. I have been noticing lately that Siri is being mentioned in a lot more fics, even if its just a passing mention, which I have got to say is a good thing because I could never picture Obi with one of Padme's handmaidens...of course that may be just me.

Anyway, thanks again for the mention! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.