main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation *The Official Art and Style of the Sequel Trilogy Thread*

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by El_Machete12, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I thought this would be a neat thread to discuss the different concepts and designs that could be in use for the ST. Feel free to add on to ideas as well as starting your own. Once concept art and storyboards start leaking out for the movie, then you can post and discuss about them here!​
    When Phantom Menace was in Pre-production, the Jedi (or at least Jedi Knights) were originally going to have more of a "samurai" design, akin to Luke's garb in ROTJ​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Eventually this was scrapped for a more monk-style we have now that borrows the hermit styles of Obi and Yoda in the OT​
    Personally, I would love if the Jedi in the ST derail from that monk design in favor of these sort of designs. It would make sense IMO, due to the style Luke wore and probably promoted post-ROTJ for his new Jedi Order.​

Julius Vernon likes this.
  2. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I'm thinking sort of a hybrid of the two... Closer to what Luke had on at Jabba's Palace, 'modern' shirt & pants with traditional Jedi tunic and outer robe.

It seems to me a Jedi could be more active in these type of clothes.

3. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Yea, I would love to see a mixture of clothing styles for the jedi.

4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Would they dare change the standard Imperial uniform, just as they did in Legacy and The Clone Wars? I hope not...

5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    [​IMG]

I wouldn't mind seeing more modernized looking Jedi. I always liked this Jedi concept.

I posted this in a similar thread but it beasrs repating -- this needs to be in the ST.

[​IMG]

6. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I always liked the art for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

This would be sweet to see Luke coming across some battle-worn, blasted-out bui;ding holding some Sith Secrets or something:

[​IMG]

Echo-07 and El_Machete12 like this.
  7. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    ^^^ Agreed! Sweet!

OIne of the things I love about SW is scale -- always a lot of largeness.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  8. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    I'd like to see a return to more anachronistic props, like blasters and various buildings/ships. The OT had a sense of tangibility that I felt was largely missing from the PT.

9. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    "Anachronistic" means out of time or place. I don't think it makes sense. The blasters and ships were appropriate for their time and place. Unless you mean aged and older blasters and ships?

I agree if you mean you'd like to see more practical sets and props and characters and less CGI.

FinleySlade likes this.
  10. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    I always liked this one:
    [​IMG]

Julius Vernon and Echo-07 like this.
  11. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    That's pretty cool. I think SW could branch out a little design-wise. Course I would tweak that a bot to "feel" more like Star Wars.

12. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    I meant more along the lines of the 1970's/1980's visual influence. No touch screens, no voice commands, no 100% smooth surfaces. I want to see nobs and buttons. Things that look and feel solid and bulky.

Episode Swag likes this.
  13. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Oh, yeah. I agree with that. I'd hope they bridge Episode 6 to 7 in style at least a little. Let's not forget that the ST will probably take place 30 or so years later which means we could see an advancement in technology if even a little.

KevinM1 likes this.
  14. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    A little quick 10 min lunch time sketch; Old Luke

[​IMG]

15. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I'd like to see the ROTJ Luke style for all ST Jedi. I think the ships should continue the more battered, 'used' look whilst maintaining an evolution in style from the OT look to something that looks slightly more 'modern' (in Universe).

16. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I agree with using some influence from the old republic and KOTOR I/II. I really enjoy the PT EU novels and games a lot because they have a lot of mysterious (and very large) settings such as tombs, temples, unknown planets and caves etc that look somewhat menacing (such as that entrance posted in the pic above). I'd like to see some of this type of style carried through to VII, I thought the OT was much more "conventional" in it's settings and didn't really allow us to see the full sense of wonder in the SW galaxy. I thought all of the KOTOR games gave off a much better sense of "grand-ness".

El_Machete12 likes this.
  17. El_Machete12

Oct 30, 2012
    YES for more ancient settings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Ok. So the OT had a totalitarian 70's vibe to it, which made perfect sense for an Empire building the Galaxy on the cheap.
    The PT had an earlier art deco or 40s/50s aesthetic; richer, flowing lines, luxuriousness.

I think the ST should follow the evolution. Perhaps a little of punk roughness. Perhaps a galaxy in total ruin. We could see the result of what happened after the fall of the Empire. We could see Imperial bases destroyed, or with vines growing all around them. This could extend to old Sith or Jedi ruins or temples. Maybe even Coruscant herself. We could see how planets frozen in time - like how certain Cold War countries, ala Cuba, stopped producing or trading with the outside world They'd be derelict. Even more decay then what we saw in the OT.

Places:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

People:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe a little of this added in :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    not a big fan of this idea, I see what your aiming for, but I think it should look more like style had returned, but with a bit of decay. A mixture of OT an PT would work best for me.

20. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    [​IMG]

Love this picture!

Boxster and Panakas_Dawg like this.
  21. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    I agreed! Honestly, I felt the prequels could use some much better designers but there are some gems in the prequels too!

22. El_Machete12

Oct 30, 2012
    I believe it's concept art for an upcoming sci-fi video game called "Destiny". It's being made by the old developers of Halo, Bungie.

23. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    That picture does alot. Firstly, it gives one the sense that there's a rather bleak universe that its set in. It has a lot of drama for one frame. Very cool.

Boxster likes this.
  24. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    Again, totally agreed!

25. El_Machete12

Oct 30, 2012
    I like it. Gives the vibe that Luke is the "angel" jedi. Like a Jedi perfected. Think Gandalf the Grey - Gandalf the White.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.